Justice department sues Yale for illegal discrimination based on race (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:21:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Justice department sues Yale for illegal discrimination based on race (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Justice department sues Yale for illegal discrimination based on race  (Read 1592 times)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« on: August 14, 2020, 01:28:35 PM »

To succeed as a white man these days, you have to be twice as good as everyone else.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 02:35:44 PM »

Interesting how Asians are considered to be "privileged" even though they have the highest poverty rate in NYC.

You guys don't care about people in poverty anyway. This is a classic yellow avatar race-baiting thread.

If Yale was promoting the applications of African-American and Hispanic students to the exclusion of impoverished Americans of Vietnamese, Cambodian, etc descent that your HuffPost article is highlighting, then this might have merit. I doubt that was the case here. The point of affirmative action is to help underserved groups get a footing in career tracks they previously haven't been able to. So that would mean you would prefer that application to groups who are already well-established. Given the fact that America's universities are already representative to a disproportionate degree with Chinese, Indian, Japanese, and Korean students, plus academic tourists from those countries (especially China) that would include them as well.

I swear, where do you guys get this idea that libertarians hate poor people? Why, some of my best employees are poor.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2020, 06:51:32 PM »

Always questionable and curious when people choose to start caring about "discrimination".

Are Asian-americans not deserving of equal treatment?

So, as an Asian-American, I think affirmative action is a good thing, because it allows underprivileged minorities to get ahead. I would prefer that it would be reformed to also benefit Asians, who have also struggled in this nation for a while. But I can't support this lawsuit, because the end result is that this will end up benefitting white people far more than Asians, and minorities will once again be shafted. Affirmative action exists to benefit minorities, and yes while it usually doesn't benefit Asians, that's not a reason to throw it out, instead that's a way to push it to benefit all minorities, yet as I already said minorities will get shafted by this lawsuit, and white people will benefit.

By definition, you can't "reform affirmative action to also benefit Asians." Asians don't need affirmative action; that's why they make up such disproportionate percentages of students at so many elite institutions even despite affirmative action laws.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2020, 03:58:56 AM »

" segregation as a business strategy". Neat.

Let me remind you, gentle readers, that this vileness comes from the same poster who, quite seriously, acknowledged he would invest in a child prostitution brothel so long as it was sufficiently profitable for him.

So you'd rather the state force people to perform labor they don't want to for people they don't want to serve? IDK bruh that sounds like slavery to me
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies