Biden/Harris raised nearly $50M in first 48 hours of VP pick
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 12:12:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden/Harris raised nearly $50M in first 48 hours of VP pick
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden/Harris raised nearly $50M in first 48 hours of VP pick  (Read 451 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 14, 2020, 08:31:59 AM »

In addition to the conventions too, the August fundraising #s are gonna be bonkers.

politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 08:39:30 AM »

Any reason why the campaign shouldn't be heavily investing in Texas, Ohio, and Iowa now? There's more than enough money to go around.
dunceDude
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2020, 08:54:25 AM »

Any reason why the campaign shouldn't be heavily investing in Texas, Ohio, and Iowa now? There's more than enough money to go around.

Money always has an opportunity cost, Texas is a huge market, Ohio has no Senate race and very unlikely to be tipping point. Iowa is a great investment though. I'd love to see 20 mil in ads calling out Joni Ernst for selling out Iowa.
Kung Fu Kenny
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 08:54:59 AM »

Anyone know what the Clinton/Kaine numbers were?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2020, 08:57:55 AM »

Big deal, we are so focused on fundraising and no stimulus checks in the mail.

Either Trump.or Biden, I criticize rich politicians
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2020, 09:01:02 AM »

This is massive, especially compared to 4 years ago. And people at the beginning of his campaign said Biden is weak at fundraising. Once more proves that Kamala Harris was the best VP choice he could have made. August will probably break records, the DNC will get us another wave of cashflow.

They should definitely contest TX with these tons of money. IA indeed seems a good investment for downballot reasons. If Greenfield manages to win, a potential loss in MT or KS wouldn't be as bad.

I just donated another 100$, having done so monthly since April. My wife also gave a few bucks. Let's throw Mr. Trump out and send him back to Mar-A-Lago.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2020, 09:02:09 AM »

I imagine that those will see some spending closer to the homestretch. But if this election really turns out to be a rout, then Iowa and Ohio probably flip with minimal investment.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2020, 09:05:43 AM »

Money always has an opportunity cost, Texas is a huge market, Ohio has no Senate race and very unlikely to be tipping point. Iowa is a great investment though. I'd love to see 20 mil in ads calling out Joni Ernst for selling out Iowa.

Perhaps, but money only goes so far. Hillary spent like over $1 billion and it only bought her 20 states. Texas is huge, but it has more down-ballot races than I can count. Ohio has the state Supreme Court on the line and potentially some down-ballot races, not to mention Trump apparently views the state as the absolute most important to his victory in November. Iowa has a lot, but it's also much cheaper and extreme spending only goes so far.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2020, 09:12:21 AM »

I read $ 10 million in 24 hours recently. Think in another thread, but don't exactly remember.
dunceDude
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2020, 09:21:06 AM »

Perhaps, but money only goes so far. Hillary spent like over $1 billion and it only bought her 20 states. Texas is huge, but it has more down-ballot races than I can count. Ohio has the state Supreme Court on the line and potentially some down-ballot races, not to mention Trump apparently views the state as the absolute most important to his victory in November. Iowa has a lot, but it's also much cheaper and extreme spending only goes so far.

Ok but you just can't spend heavily in every single state. We can't go pedal to the metal in MI, WI, PA, NC, FL, AZ, GA, TX, OH, IA, NH, ME, and NV. Much easier to talk about large investments than to argue where to cut.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2020, 09:25:27 AM »

Should be noted too - when I was listening to CNN I think yesterday, one of their reporters, who was talking about the initial $34 million they raised in 32 hours, said that Act Blue in general saw massive jumps in fundraising *across the board* for ALL races, not just the presidential. So we could be seeing huge jumps for senate and house candidates as well.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies