Tlaib slams Israel/UAE peace deal and says Israel is committing apartheid (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:24:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Tlaib slams Israel/UAE peace deal and says Israel is committing apartheid (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tlaib slams Israel/UAE peace deal and says Israel is committing apartheid  (Read 2177 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« on: August 14, 2020, 02:45:27 AM »

As always, a dumpsterfire thread!

Netanyahu is a corrupt crook who should be in prison.

This is entirely true, but it's also true that this deal is great news for taking annexations off the table and creating a bit more peace and cooperation in the region.

Netanyahu is a corrupt crook who should be in prison.

It's amazing how special snowflakes Israel is when they're criticized when they have such a corrupt crook as their leader.

What are you talking about, who is this 'Israel'?

Leftists- stop arguing from position! "Israel bad Netanyahu bad Trump bad" is the starting point and your arguments are just an attempt to reach it. The deal is just good news. I don't care which crooks reached it.
Of course, it's also important to stress out that we can't let this deal make us forget the Palestinians and the importance of reaching a two state solution.
Tlaib's wording is, as always, abhorrent and meant to incite against Israel and its people. But it is true that we should not let this freeze the need to end the long-term annexations.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 03:47:32 PM »

Leftists- stop arguing from position! "Israel bad Netanyahu bad Trump bad" is the starting point and your arguments are just an attempt to reach it. The deal is just good news. I don't care which crooks reached it.

Of course, it's also important to stress out that we can't let this deal make us forget the Palestinians and the importance of reaching a two state solution.

Tlaib's wording is, as always, abhorrent and meant to incite against Israel and its people. But it is true that we should not let this freeze the need to end the long-term annexations.
Does the description of Israel as an apartheid state offend you?
I wouldn't say it offends me. I don't like it. There are two main reasons:
1. It's factually wrong. Arab people have huge issues and face a lot of racism in Israel, but also enjoy equality under the law and reach positions of power. Israel is more similar to other countries with minorities facing problems than to South Africa. The situation in the West Bank isn't appartheid- it's a military occupation,. This is of course a terrible situation we need to end, but both sides need to compromise for this to happen. Just doesn't bear any resemblance to appartheid. Of course, if Israel annexes territories without giving the Palestinians there a right to vote, that would be a move towards appartheid and I will readily admit it.
2. The constant use of the word appartheid to describe the situation joins other flaws in the arguments of people on the left- the overuse of words like fascism, genocide, colonialism etc. This cheapens the very grave meaning of the word and makes it a partisan issue.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies