UAE recognizes Israel, countries normalize relations 🇦🇪🇮🇱 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:47:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UAE recognizes Israel, countries normalize relations 🇦🇪🇮🇱 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UAE recognizes Israel, countries normalize relations 🇦🇪🇮🇱  (Read 3388 times)
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« on: August 14, 2020, 09:31:10 AM »

Er, I'm not really sure you could apply that logic to the UAE of all places though
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 07:58:48 AM »

The Gulf states, in viewing Iran as a far bigger enemy, are finally putting aside their differences and aligning together with Israel. It’s just a matter of time before the remainder do so as well among Arab monarchies.

Feudal monarchies allying with the apartheid state against a theocracy, sidelining a stateless people stabbed in the back and used as a pretext once again. That's the Middle East, you know

I don't think you can fairly describe the Gulf States as feudal, given that land has so little value there. They're petrodespotisms.

The lands containing oil fields are very valuable, much more than the agricultural lands of the Jordan Valley where settlers employ cheap Palestinian labourers in a relation that resembles the South Africa's apartheid. I'd say Saudi Arabia is a medieval country in many respects, but you can call that monarchy as you wish. Israel has annexed the Palestinian lands already. The "Abraham Accord" is pure hypocrisy

https://www.dw.com/en/strawberry-pickers-plight-exposes-modern-slavery-in-spain/a-54239756

Don't come onto my threads to project how your own country treats Arab laborers. Lying trash.

So coming from a country with human rights issues removes your right to criticise similar human rights issues abroad? Sorry, no, that's a logical fallacy, and in any case, I am surprised to see a yellow avatar attacking someone's right to free speech like this.

I've also see Velasco make dozens of posts criticising the treatment of migrant labourers on Spanish farms - so your not even calling out hypocrisy there.

By all means, defend Israel if you want, I'm not overly wild about the way either side behave. But at least do it with a smidgeon of intellectual honesty.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies