How are there "progressives" who still listen to Kanye West?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 06:15:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  How are there "progressives" who still listen to Kanye West?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: How are there "progressives" who still listen to Kanye West?  (Read 1410 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 12, 2020, 09:07:46 AM »

I don't get it.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 09:16:38 AM »

Easy--they listen to Kanye West and then believe in progressive causes. Hope this helps!
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 12:20:08 PM »

Not everybody complains about every single thing on the face of the planet.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2020, 12:27:39 PM »

Kanye is deadass a real good rapper
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2020, 01:30:05 PM »

I don’t agree with Clint Eastwood on everything, but he’s a great actor. You don’t have to agree with someone politics to admire them or what they make - be that movies, music, food, whatever.
Mexican Wolf
Timberwolf

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2020, 02:01:13 PM »

They do it to rebel against you, I guess.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2020, 02:57:46 PM »

Easy--they listen to Kanye West and then believe in progressive causes. Hope this helps!
You know all those stupid metalcore bands I gave you sh!t for liking?

Those bands are f[inks]ing Mineral or Rites of Spring in comparison to Kanye West. His "music" is such unbelievable garbage I've been unable to make it through an entire song of his I've heard. This sh!t is just sooooooo bad it makes me want to shove pencils in my ears. Pure, unadulterated garbage.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2020, 03:37:48 PM »

Because they have good taste
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2020, 03:39:29 PM »

Compartmentalization. Try it some time.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2020, 03:39:43 PM »

His "music" is such unbelievable garbage I've been unable to make it through an entire song of his I've heard. This sh!t is just sooooooo bad it makes me want to shove pencils in my ears. Pure, unadulterated garbage.

Thats what many people think of the bands you like, it turns out that music taste is subjective

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2020, 03:40:50 PM »

Compartmentalization. Try it some time.
I'm not able to do that. I basically only listen to music made by people with the same politics as me so if someone doesn't listening to them would make me freak the f[inks] out.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2020, 03:45:35 PM »

Those bands are f[inks]ing Mineral or Rites of Spring in comparison to Kanye West. His "music" is such unbelievable garbage I've been unable to make it through an entire song of his I've heard. This sh!t is just sooooooo bad it makes me want to shove pencils in my ears. Pure, unadulterated garbage.

Why would anybody listen to rap?

Im 15 and even i know there is no point to rap. It has no meaning and is just somebody talking really fast while mumbling all the words to the point that you can't understand it. It takes no talent because anybody can do it, even i could but i despise it so i won't. They are constantly swearing these offensive terms including the f bomb and at worst, the n word! It sickens me that people like and listen to rap because its crap. God forbid you listen to rap but if you do, at least listen to Eminem. He is the best one and he can't say the n word. Kendrick, J.Cole, and Drake are nothing compared to the Rap God.

Why can't we go back to the good old days with Queen, ACDC, and Led Zepplin? Those bands had actual talent and could produce music while these rapers can't put two sentences together. It really does sadden me knowing that this generation probably hasn't even heard of these amazing bands. This generation absolutely sucks and i just wish i could go back to the 1980's, maybe i would make some friends back then.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2020, 03:48:52 PM »

Can I report this for Kanyephobia?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2020, 03:51:59 PM »

Im 15 and even i know there is no point to rap. It has no meaning and is just somebody talking really fast while mumbling all the words to the point that you can't understand it. It takes no talent because anybody can do it, even i could but i despise it so i won't. They are constantly swearing these offensive terms including the f bomb sexist terms and at worst, the n word! It sickens me that people like and listen to rap because its crap. God forbid you listen to rap but if you do, at least listen to Eminem the Beastie Boys. They are the best ones and they can't say the n word. Kendrick, J.Cole, and Drake are nothing compared to the Rap Gods.

Why can't we go back to the good old days with Queen, ACDC, and Led Zepplin Mineral, Sunny Day Real Estate and Cap'n Jazz? Those bands had actual talent and could produce music while these rapers can't put two sentences together. It really does sadden me knowing that this generation probably hasn't even heard of these amazing bands. This generation absolutely sucks and i just wish i could go back to the 1980's 1990's, maybe i would make some friends back then.

Made some change to make it accurate.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2020, 04:43:15 PM »

Im 15 and even i know there is no point to rap. It has no meaning and is just somebody talking really fast while mumbling all the words to the point that you can't understand it. It takes no talent because anybody can do it, even i could but i despise it so i won't. They are constantly swearing these offensive terms including the f bomb and at worst, the n word! It sickens me that people like and listen to rap because its crap. God forbid you listen to rap but if you do, at least listen to Eminem. He is the best one and he can't say the n word. Kendrick, J.Cole, and Drake are nothing compared to the Rap God.

Why can't we go back to the good old days with Queen, ACDC, and Led Zepplin? Those bands had actual talent and could produce music while these rapers can't put two sentences together. It really does sadden me knowing that this generation probably hasn't even heard of these amazing bands. This generation absolutely sucks and i just wish i could go back to the 1980's, maybe i would make some friends back then.

I’m not a huge rap fan but I wouldn’t use these pretty simplistic (and borderline racist) critiques. Also wouldn’t exactly say Queen and ACDC are the best examples of great bands. Not massively into classic rock but I can appreciate Led Zep. There is still good music being made if you look beyond the Top 40.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2020, 04:53:45 PM »

I’m not a huge rap fan but I wouldn’t use these pretty simplistic (and borderline racist) critiques. Also wouldn’t exactly say Queen and ACDC are the best examples of great bands. Not massively into classic rock but I can appreciate Led Zep. There is still good music being made if you look beyond the Top 40.

That's.
A.
Sarcastic.
Post.
Damn.

(sorry for the tone)
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2020, 05:02:53 PM »

It was literally the first thing that came up when I googled “rap is crap copypasta”
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2020, 05:03:28 PM »

Then that's a "you" problem.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2020, 05:40:32 PM »

Not really as I still have plenty of music to listen to.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2020, 06:22:32 PM »

Nostalgia for his music? To be fair, even as I always detested West as both an artist and person, it isn't that difficult for me to appreciate the artistry of someone who I disagree with politically. I can understand it. For instance, I like a lot of Meatloaf songs even though he's a Republican.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2020, 08:26:31 PM »

That's still a "you" problem
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2020, 08:36:13 PM »

You are in no position to criticize anyone's taste in music, BRTD.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2020, 08:37:15 PM »

Because people have different tastes.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2020, 09:58:53 PM »

His "music" is such unbelievable garbage I've been unable to make it through an entire song of his I've heard. This sh!t is just sooooooo bad it makes me want to shove pencils in my ears. Pure, unadulterated garbage.

Thats what many people think of the bands you like, it turns out that music taste is subjective

No. BRTD's taste is objectively bad.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2020, 10:12:52 PM »

Because not everything's about politics.

I personally don't care for rap music and prefer country, but that's just my taste.  Some entertainment tastes might have a political correlation, but there are usually plenty of other reasons for that before directly thinking of partisan politics.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies