Belarus Revolution Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:00:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Belarus Revolution Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Belarus Revolution Thread  (Read 6533 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: August 09, 2020, 07:32:02 PM »

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 08:32:42 AM »

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 01:26:52 PM »

Pompeo: Election-rigging dictator on the verge of being ousted should get a do-over with international oversight.

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2020, 12:06:08 PM »

Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2020, 08:31:31 AM »

Reportedly said "you'll have to kill me if you want another election". Writes its own punchline really.

When someone declares themselves "President for Life", they are telling you precisely how they wish to leave office.

Belarus President Sends SOS to Putin, Tells Protesters: You’ll Have to Kill Me to Get New Elections
This doesn’t sound like a man who’s going to go quietly. Belarusian leader Alexander Lukashenko warned protesters Monday that he will not give in to their demands for a new presidential election—unless they assassinate him.

Tens of thousands of demonstrators gathered in the capital city of Minsk over the weekend to protest against the disputed elections held earlier this month. Protesters have been infuriated by alleged poll-rigging and police violence at the ensuing protests, but Lukashenko has defied any suggestion that the vote could be re-run.

“We held elections already. Until you kill me, there will be no other elections,” he was quoted by Belarusian media as saying during a visit to a tractor plant Monday morning. “You should never expect me to do something under pressure... They [new elections] won’t happen.”
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies