SENATE DEBATE: Ecologic Transition Act (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:56:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE DEBATE: Ecologic Transition Act (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE DEBATE: Ecologic Transition Act (Passed)  (Read 2393 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« on: August 09, 2020, 02:35:28 PM »

Ok, so I made this bill off of some RL bill from the Spanish government (my go-to method when I have "writers block"; this time being the "Ecologic Transition Act", though I took only like 2 sections from said RL bill)

And since the Green Party of Atlasia is now a thing, I suppose I need to react to their existance Tongue

Anyways this should be straightforward:

Section 1 bans the Atlasian government from authorizing any new explorations to find fossil fuels. This does not ban extraction of fossil fuels in the wells that have already been found; but rather makes it so that oil and gas companies cannot try to search for any new deposits

Section 2 makes it illegal for the federal government to subsidize fossil fuel extraction or usage.

Section 3 is the usual #populist thing about vehicles for federal employees, this time mandating them to be electric or otherwise not based on fossil fuels; by the year 2035.

Section 4 mandates that big gas stations need to install electric chargers by 2 years from now

Section 5 mandates that any new gas stations built from the ground up need to install a electric charger as well.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 09:12:45 AM »

I assume section 1 is the dealbreaker here? The implementation date could be moved into the future, or just abolished if need be
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 08:37:28 AM »

NC Yankee's amendment is friendly

As for Jimmy's hypothetical amendment, I suppose delaying the implementation is something that can easily be done. Adjusting by population I don't think is a great idea, but I am fine with adjusting by sales instead (which should track decently well with population?)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 10:57:10 AM »

Honestly not sure what to say here lol
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2020, 05:20:20 AM »

Abstain Tongue
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2020, 12:50:22 PM »

Tbh I am starting to have 2nd thoughts and might just nuke the bill to only point 1, making it a much simpler affair.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2020, 04:31:48 AM »

Nay
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2020, 06:10:44 AM »
« Edited: September 20, 2020, 12:08:18 AM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Introducing the following amendment, as I promised. This will also rename the bill.

No subsidies for Fossil Fuels Act

To encourage the transition of the Atlasian economy towards a decarbonized future by discouraging the use of fossil fuels[/s]

1. After the passage of this bill, the federal government of the Republic of Atlasia may not subsidize the extraction, usage or sale of any hydrocarbon based fuels, nor of coal. All currently existing federal subsidies on hydrocarbon fuels and coal shall be phased out.

2. 3 years after the passage of this bill, all suppliers of fossil fuels that, combining all their gas stations, have a supplied volume of at least 5 million litres of petrol and diesel combined; shall have an electric charging station able to supply at least 50 kW of power DC in all of their gas station locations, except for gas stations located in any location that meets any of the following —
    Census County Subdivisions with a population density of under 250 people per square mile or a population of under 1000 residents;
    Census Designated Places with a population density of under 250 people per square mile or a population of under 1000 residents;
    Census Tracts with a population density of under 250 people per square mile or a population of under 1000 residents.

4. 1 year after the passage of this bill, all newly built gas stations in the Republic of Atlasia shall have an electric charging station able to supply at least 50 kW of power DC, except for newly built gas stations located in any location that meets any of the following —
    Census County Subdivisions with a population density of under 250 people per square mile or a population of under 1000 residents;
    Census Designated Places with a population density of under 250 people per square mile or a population of under 1000 residents;
    Census Tracts with a population density of under 250 people per square mile or a population of under 1000 residents.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2020, 05:13:05 AM »

Also this formatting isssssssssss innnnnnnnnn unacceptable conditionnnnnnnnnn unacceptable OOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIONNNNNNNNNNNNN YEARS DUNGEON!!!!

What happened with formatting? Seemed good to me?
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2020, 04:47:53 AM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies