CBS/YouGov: Biden +6 in WI, PA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:53:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  CBS/YouGov: Biden +6 in WI, PA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CBS/YouGov: Biden +6 in WI, PA  (Read 2180 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« on: August 09, 2020, 09:59:35 AM »

Not bad given YouGov’s house effects:

Hmmm... while there has been a lot of Biden+12 in WI, most of the recent PA polls have been this close or closer.  I always thought Biden would have an easier time in PA though.

We haven’t gotten a top quality poll of PA since Monmouth showed Biden up 12 and Fox has him up 11. Franklin and Marshall, a more local pollster, had him up 9.

Yeah, not sure where the CW is that PA is close. All of that top quality pollsters have had it closer to 10 than 5.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 04:05:50 PM »

Interestingly, this appears to be a likely voter screen rather than a poll of all registered voters.

Yeah, at this stage of the game, really wish they had both RV and LV.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 05:10:36 AM »

Hmmm... while there has been a lot of Biden+12 in WI, most of the recent PA polls have been this close or closer.  I always thought Biden would have an easier time in PA though.

WI is a bit more elastic than PA, and I feel like the "Scranton Joe" effect is a bit overstated. He was born in Scranton but he's been a Delaware politician all his life.

PA is pretty inelastic though. Just look at 2018. Depends on turnout too, but there is a lot of areas that can swing back and forth (Erie, Lackawanna). Depending on the candidate, they can either be close, or like D+15-20.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies