Voter suppresion/"stealing the election" megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 05:06:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Voter suppresion/"stealing the election" megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 86
Author Topic: Voter suppresion/"stealing the election" megathread  (Read 145142 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #825 on: November 05, 2020, 08:05:34 AM »

Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #826 on: November 05, 2020, 02:39:26 PM »

This is fine.jpeg

https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/status/1324415365439463424
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #827 on: November 05, 2020, 04:26:35 PM »

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #828 on: November 05, 2020, 09:00:07 PM »

But there is, in fact, a good reason for hundreds of thousands of ballots not being scanned for delivery. As the USPS repeatedly stated in its daily filings with the court on delivery statistics, "Defendants maintain that the data possesses little to no analytical value and should not be considered a reliable indicator of performance." Indeed, the USPS has been intentionally making its performance look worse than it is by removing ballots from the normal sorting and delivery process to deliver ballots faster.

What this means is the stats might look worse than they actually are, because in some cases postal workers have, for example, been manually postmarking the ballots and then passing them off for local same-or-next-day delivery, resulting in the ballots never being scanned into the system in the first place. Other measures, like sending ballots to the sorting facility but then removing them from the mail stream after they've been scanned and postmarked, means they are manually bypassing the rest of the process for expedited delivery and are thus scanned in and never scanned out.
https://www.vice.com/en/article/5dppad/why-the-post-offices-last-minute-ballot-crisis-isnt-as-dire-as-it-seems
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #829 on: November 05, 2020, 09:01:43 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2020, 09:05:43 PM by 🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸 »

very long thread here responding to various claims about fraud and cheating.  some of it I'm not sure I'm totally convinced by, but worth a look if you are worried about this.

Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #830 on: November 06, 2020, 02:51:12 PM »

I just heard that someone who was working for the people who count voted several dozen times for the same candidate. Is that true? There's an FB video going around about it.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #831 on: November 06, 2020, 02:55:34 PM »

I just heard that someone who was working for the people who count voted several dozen times for the same candidate. Is that true? There's an FB video going around about it.

Send it to Isaac Saul.  Will probably take about ten minutes to find out why it's stupid.

BTW I personally voted 1,800 times for Biden in Georgia.  I've been playing the long con over the last few years, dumpster diving outside nursing homes for social security numbers and signatures, and then requested absentee ballots under those identities be sent to PO boxes.  I filled them all out for Biden.

Since you read this on social media (talk elections dot org), it is therefore true, or if not true, at least worth asking about since it hasn't been proven false.  Has the Biden campaign commented on this?
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #832 on: November 06, 2020, 02:57:04 PM »

A good rule of thumb is that extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. A facebook video proves nothing (and is a very likely path for disinformation). I would consider such a claim to be false.
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #833 on: November 06, 2020, 02:57:51 PM »

Send it to Isaac Saul.  Will probably take about ten minutes to find out why it's stupid.

BTW I personally voted 1,800 times for Biden in Georgia.  I've been playing the long con over the last few years, dumpster diving outside nursing homes for social security numbers and signatures, and then requested absentee ballots under those identities be sent to PO boxes.  I filled them all out for Biden.

Since you read this on social media (talk elections dot org), it is therefore true, or if not true, at least worth asking about since it hasn't been proven false.  Has the Biden campaign commented on this?

I'll get the video sometime tonight. But there is a video making the rounds of someone spending at least 30 minutes filling out the ballots alone.
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #834 on: November 06, 2020, 04:08:24 PM »

How did Nevada go from having 100,001 votes left to 140,001 votes in a couple of hours?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #835 on: November 06, 2020, 05:58:37 PM »

I'll get the video sometime tonight. But there is a video making the rounds of someone spending at least 30 minutes filling out the ballots alone.

Unless there's a chain of evidence/witnesses, video alone is worthless these days. Deep fakes have gotten too damn good.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #836 on: November 07, 2020, 12:59:42 AM »

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #837 on: November 07, 2020, 01:42:46 AM »

Idiot

Smeulders
Rookie
Belgium

« Reply #838 on: November 07, 2020, 03:21:35 AM »

That is one that Isaac Saul already covered, or at least the same situation. If there is anything on the ballot (damage, markings) that prevents machine scanning of the ballot, they get copied. The copy is scanned, the original and copy are then attached together, so it can be checked that the copying was done accurately. What you have seen is video of this copying process.

The alternative of course, is that the people who came up with the diabolical masterplan to steal the election just forgot the simple step of not committing fraud right in front of cameras.
(no subject)
Jolly Slugg
Australia

« Reply #839 on: November 07, 2020, 08:02:43 AM »

Trump:[on phone to military] The Democrats are stealing the election! You must advance on our enemies at once!

CJCS Edmund Blackadder: Well, as far as I can tell, the message was, the dogbreaths are swelling an erection, so there’s an advantage to an enema at once.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #840 on: November 07, 2020, 08:42:11 AM »

Reminder: Donald Trump's recount legal team are a mix of registered and unregistered foreign agents. One of them, Pam Bondi, is explicitly a paid agent of a nation (Russia) that is openly cheering for chaos and bloodshed in the United States.

Donald Trump came into office collaborating with Russia against the interests of the United States, and apparently he'll be leaving it the same way.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #841 on: November 07, 2020, 10:38:37 AM »

Arizona Secretary of State:

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #842 on: November 07, 2020, 01:39:23 PM »

Wouldn't you know... a pair of armed men from Virginia were just busted in a Hummer with a load of forged ballots for Pennsylvania.   

(CNN)Two armed Virginia men who were arrested Thursday outside the Philadelphia Convention Center may have believed fake ballots were being counted there, Philadelphia District Attorney's Office spokeswoman Jane Roh told CNN.

"According to our information at this very early stage of investigation, it appears these individuals were operating under the belief that 'fake ballots' are being counted at the Convention Center -- a completely unsupported claim -- and that belief may have been what drew their attention to Philadelphia." Roh told CNN in an emailed statement.

CNN affiliate KYW had earlier reported that the men were "coming to deliver a truck full of fake ballots" to the city, citing prosecutors.

The center is one of the places where election workers have been counting votes from the 2020 general election, which includes the race for president.

Text messages reveal that the men were concerned about the tallying of votes at the convention center, prosecutors said, according to KYW.
Antonio LaMotta, 61, and Joshua Macias, 42, both of Chesapeake, Virginia, were arrested Thursday night outside the center on suspicion of carrying handguns in Pennsylvania without permits, authorities said.
Philadelphia police said they found the men Thursday night after receiving a tip that people with firearms were heading to the Pennsylvania Convention Center in a silver Hummer truck.
Officers found a silver Hummer a block from the center -- parked and unoccupied -- around 10:20 p.m. Thursday, about seven minutes before finding the men, who acknowledged the Hummer was theirs, police said.
Both men were carrying loaded handguns, and police found an AR-type rifle in the Hummer, authorities said at a news conference Friday. About 160 rounds of ammunition were found in the weapons and the vehicle, authorities said.
Stickers and a hat with logos of the QAnon conspiracy movement were found in the vehicle, Philadelphia District Attorney Larry Krasner said.
LaMotta and Macias were charged with having a concealed firearm without a license and carrying a firearm on a public street or public property, Krasner said.
"This alarming incident is still very much under investigation regarding additional charges," Krasner said.
LaMotta and Macias were arraigned Friday night, and a judge set bail at $750,000 each, Krasner's spokeswoman Jane Roh said.
It wasn't immediately clear whether the men had legal representation. CNN has sought comment from the Philadelphia Public Defenders Office and LaMotta's relatives.
A woman who was traveling with the men has not been arrested, Krasner said.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/07/us/pennsylvania-convention-center-arrests/index.html

Firearms, forgery, and electoral fraud.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #843 on: November 07, 2020, 02:46:22 PM »

Of course they were in a Hummer.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #844 on: November 07, 2020, 04:14:40 PM »

I introduced the story on the attempted "fake ballot delivery" to Wikipedia to its article on electoral fraud.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #845 on: November 07, 2020, 04:41:46 PM »

Not surprising, every conspiracy theory (in this case the carts of fake ballots) they throw out there is a confession
geekknight
Rookie
Netherlands

« Reply #846 on: November 08, 2020, 03:36:49 AM »

es, we have had several Australian elections in which the party winning the most votes didn't win the most seats. But that's in a parliamentary system, which is not a single election, but (in case of the House of Reps) 151 separate elections, one in each seat. In each of those elections the winning candidate must poll a majority of votes. It's not possible to design a parliamentary system in which the party polling the most votes is guaranteed to win the most seats. But in a presidential election, there is only one election - a national choice between two individuals. Basic democratic principle says that the candidate with a majority of votes should win. Only in the US is this distorted by a requirement to win separate majorities in the states.
Well, in many parliamentary systems in Europe, afaik, the seats are divided proportionally and each party just makes a list of candidates so people know who they are voting for; so in that way even in a parliamentary system you can keep this proportionality (at the cost of direct representation, unless you use a hybrid system like Germany...)
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #847 on: November 08, 2020, 03:15:19 PM »

es, we have had several Australian elections in which the party winning the most votes didn't win the most seats. But that's in a parliamentary system, which is not a single election, but (in case of the House of Reps) 151 separate elections, one in each seat. In each of those elections the winning candidate must poll a majority of votes. It's not possible to design a parliamentary system in which the party polling the most votes is guaranteed to win the most seats. But in a presidential election, there is only one election - a national choice between two individuals. Basic democratic principle says that the candidate with a majority of votes should win. Only in the US is this distorted by a requirement to win separate majorities in the states.

If you consider the European Union a state, the election the the European Parliament consists of 27 single elections. It may even happen that a person who hasn't even been nominated as a presidential candidate can become EU Commission President - just like Uschi did... 😒
Stockdale for Veep

« Reply #848 on: November 08, 2020, 05:00:55 PM »

If faithless electors swung it to Trump, how many GOP senators would not certify the results?

I would say only 10-20.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #849 on: November 08, 2020, 05:04:04 PM »

If faithless electors swung it to Trump, how many GOP senators would not certify the results?

I would say only 10-20.

The GOP pulling shenanigans with certification of the results or something is extremely unlikely, but at least it's the sort of thing they might do. ~10-40 Biden electors deciding to vote for Trump instead Because Reasons is just crazy talk.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies