Voter suppresion/"stealing the election" megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:16:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Voter suppresion/"stealing the election" megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 86
Author Topic: Voter suppresion/"stealing the election" megathread  (Read 144899 times)
BudgieForce
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1550 on: December 12, 2020, 02:32:08 PM »

Hagedorn has been openly appalled by the way the Trump campaign has conducted itself post-election. It'll be at least 4-3 to uphold Wisconsin's vote, hopefully more.

I honestly don't think he'll side with Trump either, but it's kind of scary how the 3 other conservatives seem willing to entertain the idea. 
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1551 on: December 12, 2020, 02:33:04 PM »

Hagedorn has been openly appalled by the way the Trump campaign has conducted itself post-election. It'll be at least 4-3 to uphold Wisconsin's vote, hopefully more.

I honestly don't think he'll side with Trump either, but it's kind of scary how the 3 other conservatives seem willing to entertain the idea. 

The other three conservatives are lunatics, yes.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1552 on: December 12, 2020, 02:57:12 PM »

You mentioned lunatics...

MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #1553 on: December 12, 2020, 02:59:38 PM »

Didn’t this get struck down???
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1554 on: December 12, 2020, 03:06:27 PM »

The Wisconsin case? It got remanded to a lower court after WISC denied original jurisdiction 4-3. Now it's been appealed back to WISC and will almost certainly fail 4-3 again. I'd be more concerned if Hagedorn hadn't had some of the most scathing things to say about Team Trump's behavior of any judge in the country in his concurrence the last time it was in front of them.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1555 on: December 12, 2020, 03:08:25 PM »

The Wisconsin case? It got remanded to a lower court after WISC denied original jurisdiction 4-3. Now it's been appealed back to WISC and will almost certainly fail 4-3 again. I'd be more concerned if Hagedorn hadn't had some of the most scathing things to say about Team Trump's behavior of any judge in the country in his concurrence the last time it was in front of them.
Do yk when we will know?
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1556 on: December 12, 2020, 03:09:45 PM »

Do yk when we will know?

I would imagine before Monday.
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #1557 on: December 12, 2020, 03:10:36 PM »

Do yk when we will know?

The judges will meet to discuss in about half an hour. We might know by tonight.

The Biden camp is also asking for a ruling before Monday since that's when the electoral college votes.
BudgieForce
YaBB God

« Reply #1558 on: December 12, 2020, 03:15:35 PM »

Potentially positive news:

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1559 on: December 12, 2020, 03:29:38 PM »

Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1560 on: December 12, 2020, 03:54:49 PM »

This Wisconsin case is the last one, right? There's no way there are more of these.
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #1561 on: December 12, 2020, 05:49:55 PM »
« Edited: December 12, 2020, 05:53:41 PM by SecularGlobalist »

These lawsuits will be constant and relentless, and will never let up until Inauguration Day.

Team Trump is hoping one judge/legal victory will eventually "bite", thus setting up momentum for god-knows-what.  Possible state legislators or the US Congress getting involved, and refusing to recognize Biden's victory because of "serious issues found."

That's how you play hardball. 
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1562 on: December 12, 2020, 06:34:46 PM »

I watched some of the WISC hearing and, honestly, the liberal justices seem like ideologized clowns too. What the hell kind of judge accuses a lawyer appearing before them of being un-American to their face? This is amateur hour all around.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1563 on: December 12, 2020, 07:09:03 PM »

I watched some of the WISC hearing and, honestly, the liberal justices seem like ideologized clowns too. What the hell kind of judge accuses a lawyer appearing before them of being un-American to their face? This is amateur hour all around.

Disagree, treason is treason.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #1564 on: December 12, 2020, 07:25:31 PM »

trying to overturn democratic elections is un-American
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1565 on: December 12, 2020, 07:31:48 PM »

trying to overturn democratic elections is un-American

Gotta agree. The outcome wasn't rigged, Joe Biden was elected president. End of story. It's not inherently wrong for judges to chew out so-called "lawyer"when they happen to try to argue to the opposite.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1566 on: December 12, 2020, 07:33:05 PM »

There are times and places to editorialize and times and places not to.

Pointing out that focusing on Dane and Milwaukee like this is clearly racially motivated (as well as an equal protection clause violation for plenty of additional reasons) was, however, an incredibly important point to make and I'm shocked it hasn't been made by more judges handling these cases.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1567 on: December 12, 2020, 07:48:30 PM »

A judge who is listening to frivolous attorney argument on behalf of Trump, i.e. a judge who is listening to a literal traitor.  Hope they start sanctioning these dirtbags with prison time.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1568 on: December 12, 2020, 08:09:45 PM »
« Edited: December 12, 2020, 09:42:29 PM by Virginiá »

www.chicagotribune.com/election-2020/ct-trump-wisconsin-lawsuit-ruling-20201211-if7qllakvvhmfnxwbmyg4th3su-story.html
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #1569 on: December 12, 2020, 08:10:54 PM »

Every judge has a breaking point, especially when they feel that an attorney is making a mockery of their courtroom.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1570 on: December 12, 2020, 08:19:00 PM »

Okay, I take back what I said earlier. I'm convinced now that Karofsky's line of questioning was reasonable considering the batsh**t insane "relief" being sought and her probable extreme frustration that somewhere between one and three of her colleagues are crazy enough to grant it.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1571 on: December 12, 2020, 08:34:18 PM »

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1572 on: December 12, 2020, 08:42:33 PM »

I found it a bit odd how every Justice on the WISC has the ideology I'd expect based on looks. The three conservatives all have a very "right-wing woman" stock look, the three liberals all have typical liberal female lawyer looks, and Hagedorn looks exactly like a "well educated right-learning sort of swingy voter" is pictured.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1573 on: December 12, 2020, 08:44:43 PM »

I found it a bit odd how every Justice on the WISC has the ideology I'd expect based on looks. The three conservatives all have a very "right-wing woman" stock look, the three liberals all have typical liberal female lawyer looks, and Hagedorn looks exactly like a "well educated right-learning sort of swingy voter" is pictured.

The only ones I can readily recognize at this point are Roggensack and Hagedorn, but you're right, they do look straight out of central casting for "crazy Trumpist older white lady" and "youngish temperamentally-moderate socon", respectively. I wouldn't be surprised if RI or DC Al Fine looked a bit like Hagedorn IRL.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1574 on: December 12, 2020, 09:00:05 PM »

The only ones I can readily recognize at this point are Roggensack and Hagedorn, but you're right, they do look straight out of central casting for "crazy Trumpist older white lady" and "youngish temperamentally-moderate socon", respectively. I wouldn't be surprised if RI or DC Al Fine looked a bit like Hagedorn IRL.

These are the liberals:

And the other two right-wingers:

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies