Has the upper limit on Presidential candidate ages been hit? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:50:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Has the upper limit on Presidential candidate ages been hit? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Has the upper limit on Presidential candidate ages been hit?  (Read 1514 times)
MABA 2020
MakeAmericaBritishAgain
United Kingdom

« on: August 09, 2020, 09:38:08 AM »

The Prime Minister of Malaysia just retired this very year at age 95, so I'd say no. Hell, everyone seems to think Biden will be a 1 term president, but I personally think Biden will run for reelection in 2024 (if he is elected in the first place in 2020 of course)

The fact that he often speaks in his speeches of what he'll do "in my first 4 years" & "in my 1st term" would seem to imply he'll definitely be seeking a 2nd 4-year term if he's able to.

He obviously can't state he'll be a one term president in advance, that would make him look old/weak.  The presidency is a very demanding job when you have a president that does more than just golf every weekend, I can't imagine Biden lasting 8 years at his age and he's said he see's himself as a bridge to the future which implies he intends to set up his young, female veep for 2024.
MABA 2020
MakeAmericaBritishAgain
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 10:13:18 AM »

The Prime Minister of Malaysia just retired this very year at age 95, so I'd say no. Hell, everyone seems to think Biden will be a 1 term president, but I personally think Biden will run for reelection in 2024 (if he is elected in the first place in 2020 of course)

The fact that he often speaks in his speeches of what he'll do "in my first 4 years" & "in my 1st term" would seem to imply he'll definitely be seeking a 2nd 4-year term if he's able to.

He obviously can't state he'll be a one term president in advance, that would make him look old/weak.  The presidency is a very demanding job when you have a president that does more than just golf every weekend, I can't imagine Biden lasting 8 years at his age and he's said he see's himself as a bridge to the future which implies he intends to set up his young, female veep for 2024.

Eh, I really don't think Biden's 4D chess-ing every small line throughout most of his speeches, as would seem to be implied by just saying that "he's not gonna state in advance that he'll be a one-term president." Occam's razor-ing it, he probably intends on seeking a 2nd term - again - if he's able to (that is, if he's healthy, vigorous, & fit enough to continue successfully executing the duties of the Presidency), but if he can't, then the Democratic Party's next generation will be well-equipped to take over early.

Hmm okay, I suppose Biden is probably hoping to run for a second term but I still think after two years as president he will start to feel the strain and decide to not run, but hey who knows? Maybe 80 is the new 60
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies