Has the upper limit on Presidential candidate ages been hit?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:52:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Has the upper limit on Presidential candidate ages been hit?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Has the upper limit on Presidential candidate ages been hit?  (Read 1496 times)
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2020, 07:57:06 PM »

As medical practices continue to improve, and as we learn more about diseases and aging, we could expect to see eighty year old candidates much more frequently.  But we can also expect some younger Kennedy-Clinton-Obama types too, particularly among Democrats.  I was curious, so I added the ages of candidates since 1960.  The average age of Democratic candidates has been about 55.  The average age of Republicans has been about 64.  Trump 2020 and Biden are both the oldest in their respective parties.  Bush 43 in 2000 was the youngest Republican at 54.  Kennedy was the youngest Democrat at 43.
I'm fairly sure Nixon was in his 40s in 1960.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2020, 10:21:44 PM »

As medical practices continue to improve, and as we learn more about diseases and aging, we could expect to see eighty year old candidates much more frequently.  But we can also expect some younger Kennedy-Clinton-Obama types too, particularly among Democrats.  I was curious, so I added the ages of candidates since 1960.  The average age of Democratic candidates has been about 55.  The average age of Republicans has been about 64.  Trump 2020 and Biden are both the oldest in their respective parties.  Bush 43 in 2000 was the youngest Republican at 54.  Kennedy was the youngest Democrat at 43.
I'm fairly sure Nixon was in his 40s in 1960.

Yeah, he was 47.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2020, 05:55:43 PM »

What's amazing to me is that if Biden wins the election in November and becomes President, and if Jimmy Carter dies before him, then he will be both the incumbent President and the oldest living President. Obama has already been out of office for nearly a full term, and yet he is the youngest living President by far. That Biden is almost four years older than Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, and Donald Trump, and nearly 19 years older than Obama, is really something.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies