19-year-old Fmr. Candidate for KS Governor may have just won a State House seat (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:45:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  19-year-old Fmr. Candidate for KS Governor may have just won a State House seat (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 19-year-old Fmr. Candidate for KS Governor may have just won a State House seat  (Read 19542 times)
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« on: August 22, 2020, 03:59:18 PM »

God I'm just disgusted at all the people here either defending this monster or saying this doesn't matter.  Do you realise how creepy and weird you guys are looking defending this.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 12:33:35 AM »

Also he's 19 now, and most of this apparently happened when he was 14?

I don't think anyone is (or should be) saying this has to be define the rest of the his natural life, but it was literally just 5 years ago. It didn't just become nothing the moment he turned 18.

5 years makes a huge difference between 14 and 19.  People can change dramatically over this period of time.  It's very reasonable to want to see evidence that someone has changed their ways and that they want to make amends for harm caused when they were younger, but you have to allow people to grow.
The problem is he hasn't done that. 
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 11:33:02 AM »

God I'm just disgusted at all the people here either defending this monster or saying this doesn't matter.  Do you realise how creepy and weird you guys are looking defending this.

Your answer is surprising too.

You have never heard directly from the boy, you have no idea who he is in real life, he will never represent you personally, but hearsay is enough for you and thousands of Democrats to hound him online.

This prissy attitude is what makes American politics so destructive and poisonous.
If any mistake is disqualifying, and no mitigating circumstances allowed - such as being 14, my goodness, how proud are you of you 14-year old self? - then everything in politics becomes about spin, PR and deflection.

No wonder such an electoral environement attracts so many sociopaths.
I didn't force someone to nearly kill themselves and both post underage pics and hound for them before I was 15.  So I'll say that I'm somewhat of a better person than him.  Like Jesus look at who you're defending here.

Also he admitted to doing so how in the hell is it hersay?
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 03:14:02 PM »

Also, just something else to say about this dude for those who want to say he's changed, he was beating his girlfriend in January of this year, and told her to "unload a clip into her head".  Such a nice person am I right?
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2020, 08:13:17 PM »

He's awful, but if the voters elect him anyway knowing all this, the legislature should seat him. The people have the right to be represented by any eligible citizen they choose, not necessarily someone acceptable to other legislators.

It would be one thing if this all came out after Election Day. But the voters have the full information and their decision should be respected.
No, if he wins the voters should be ignored and him not be seated. 
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2020, 08:35:04 PM »

He's awful, but if the voters elect him anyway knowing all this, the legislature should seat him. The people have the right to be represented by any eligible citizen they choose, not necessarily someone acceptable to other legislators.

It would be one thing if this all came out after Election Day. But the voters have the full information and their decision should be respected.
No, if he wins the voters should be ignored and him not be seated. 

What could possibly go wrong with setting this precedent? It's not as if there is an increasingly popular conspiracy theory regarding Democratic politicians and child abuse/trafficking.
If you really want to try and compare these two very different things that is up to you and your strange reasoning.  They aren't the same and you know it.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 02:22:45 PM »

The number has been out for a while now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies