19-year-old Fmr. Candidate for KS Governor may have just won a State House seat (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:59:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  19-year-old Fmr. Candidate for KS Governor may have just won a State House seat (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 19-year-old Fmr. Candidate for KS Governor may have just won a State House seat  (Read 19541 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« on: August 23, 2020, 02:49:04 AM »

I don't know what to make of this kid.  But if he is elected in a free and fair election he should be seated.  There is no reason NOT to seat him if he wins an election, and the precedent that would set if he were not seated simply because some think him an HP has all sorts of unintended negative consequences that would apply in future candidacies and future elections.

I do find it ironic that the Democratic Party, which has given much lip service to "marginalized" people is thinking up ways to not seat a young man who, from the little I have read here, certainly fits the description of "marginalized".  He seems like a troubled kid, and things he's done are somewhat disturbing, but I would hardly think that denying him his seat that he's been elected to is just, both to him and to the voters (who should get whom they voted for). 

I wouldn't want a legislature full of people like this kid, but having one of him in the legislature may be a good thing.  Let him fail honestly if he is going to fail, and let him succeed if he can do so.  He's earned the Democratic nomination, and he'll earn the seat if he survives a write-in.  There is no reason to treat him differently than anyone else if he wins.

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 05:32:22 AM »

He cannot be allowed to win this seat. Beyond his abusive behavior, he clearly has no knowledge of policy.

He'd yo-yod between "I want socdem Kansas" and this LARP pretty quickly. Considering his bizarre citation of FBI claims about MLK to defend his own reprehensible behaviour, he seems a little unstable. Getting off the internet, out of the race and into a therapist's office would probably be best for him as well as everyone else.

According to him, he needs to run and win and somehow install M4A in Kansas. Then he'll get to therapy.

Well, in his press release about how he abused his girlfriend he confused Medicare for All with "Medicaid for All" so I'm not sure if he is even aware of his own policy goals.

"Medicaid for All" would actually be a more accurate term of what such a program would be.

Let the kid be seated.  Let the voters deal with the consequences.  If he's that terrible, he can be voted out in the next election.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies