19-year-old Fmr. Candidate for KS Governor may have just won a State House seat (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:16:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  19-year-old Fmr. Candidate for KS Governor may have just won a State House seat (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 19-year-old Fmr. Candidate for KS Governor may have just won a State House seat  (Read 19566 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« on: August 23, 2020, 01:59:39 AM »

Good riddance.

Oh, he's attacking feminism now? What a deranged POS. Good riddance.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 02:26:06 PM »

This child will become a national figure of revulsion for the following reasons:

1. Republicans attacking Democrats, obviously.

2. Neoliberal democrats will show him as what happens when you allow an up and comer grassroots candidate to unseat an establishment politician.

1. Him being an absolute scum of the earth and a disgusting human being.

That's it.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2020, 06:58:09 AM »

My guilty pleasure of sorts is that I hope Coleman gets elected to one term, gets shunned, and then we get a normal progressive Dem for the seat in 2022 who actually represents the district.

I didn't dig in-depth through Frownfelter's voting record, but I did notice one fairly common phenomenon: whenever the votes were approximately 2:1 on a bill (i.e. more or less the partisan breakdown of the chamber), he was almost always on the winning side.

This more or less tells me that Frownfelter is a conservadem who's been riding on incumbency throughout his career but not actually representing the voters of his district. If he were to win a write-in campaign this year, he'd just end up entrenched once again - whereas if he loses, one or more qualified progressive challengers will seek the office in 2022 and we'll be rid of both of them.

I'd rather deal with an impotent loser for 2 years than a conservadem for another 20.

I respect you and your opinion a lot, but I do feel like this is kind of a failure of the Atlasmind, or generally political nerd minds. We won't have to "deal" with Frownfelter- as bad as he is, he's just one state legislator in one of 50 states, and a pretty Republican state at that. His influence on any Kansans on his district is small, it's extremely minimal for the rest of the people of Kansas, and it's non-existent for you or any other non-Kansas resident.

It's that much more important to draw a line and say "hey, if you- Republicans, Democrats, far-right or far-left-" run a candidate who's so foul, so much of a scum, he'll not get elected. We'll find a way to reject him. In this particular instance, it's important to draw a line for the American far-left and say that they better stop excusing horrible actions for ideological purity. It's so much more important and has a lot more meaning than if a random state legislator whose policy positions aren't great gets entrenched for a few more years.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies