TX-HD 108: Biden +23
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:02:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  TX-HD 108: Biden +23
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: TX-HD 108: Biden +23  (Read 1411 times)
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 05, 2020, 01:37:16 PM »

This is a Clinton +6, O'Rourke +15 seat.

https://t.co/MYEnKGq7NE?amp=1
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 01:38:05 PM »

Is this that district of the Republican lady who's pro choice? Kim Davis or something.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 01:39:42 PM »

Ok, I don't want to say that all the evidence is pointing to a narrow Biden win in Texas.

...But.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 01:40:04 PM »
« Edited: August 05, 2020, 01:44:56 PM by Roll Roons »

Is this that district of the Republican lady who's pro choice? Kim Davis or something.

That's the 134th in Houston you're thinking of, and her name is Sarah Davis. This district is in the Dallas area, and includes downtown, Highland Park and University Park (including W's library at SMU). Internal, but holy crap.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 01:45:53 PM »
« Edited: August 05, 2020, 02:41:04 PM by lfromnj »

The gop tried to go for majority of state house seats in dallas. They may not even have 1 in 2020. Dummymander of the decade.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 01:46:44 PM »

So you’re saying that massive Democratic gains in TX since 2016 can’t be chalked up to the "Beto effect" or "anti-Cruz sentiment"? Shocked
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 01:49:16 PM »

Who is the Democrat running for this seat in 2020?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2020, 02:39:23 PM »

Mentioned in the poll. She's apparently Five Points up in the initial poll, and then 10 points up in what they call the final poll, which I assume is after some push questions.

Bottom line, ain't no way in hell even a moderate popular local Republican is going to survive Biden winning this seat by 20 + points.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2020, 02:42:55 PM »

This is a must-win seat for Dems to retake the House, so good to see.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2020, 02:46:29 PM »

Mentioned in the poll. She's apparently Five Points up in the initial poll, and then 10 points up in what they call the final poll, which I assume is after some push questions.

Bottom line, ain't no way in hell even a moderate popular local Republican is going to survive Biden winning this seat by 20 + points.

He smiles at you...

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2020, 02:50:17 PM »

He smiles at you...

Huh

What a simultaneously creepy and inscrutable post.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2020, 02:52:21 PM »

He smiles at you...

Huh

My point is that Phil is very likely to win reelection even though Trump may not even crack 30% in Vermont. The headwinds will certainly be very tough for Meyer, but he shouldn't be counted out.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2020, 02:59:14 PM »

Lines up with a narrow Biden lead statewide.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2020, 03:45:41 PM »

it would be nice to finish off the final Dallas Republican in the State House, but the idea of THAT area voting that heavily Democrat...my God. The Dallas Park Cities are one of the biggest concentrations of extreme wealth in America.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2020, 03:46:33 PM »

it would be nice to finish off the final Dallas Republican in the State House, but the idea of THAT area voting that heavily Democrat...my God. The Dallas Park Cities are one of the biggest concentrations of extreme wealth in America.

yeah but they split it into 2 districts lol.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2020, 03:57:21 PM »

He smiles at you...

At the local and state level Vermont is still somewhat parochial like much of the rest of the New England. The same can't really be said elsewhere.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2020, 04:46:00 PM »

He smiles at you...

Huh

My point is that Phil is very likely to win reelection even though Trump may not even crack 30% in Vermont. The headwinds will certainly be very tough for Meyer, but he shouldn't be counted out.

Ah, that's Phil Scott. Okay, I get it.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2020, 04:48:47 PM »

He smiles at you...

At the local and state level Vermont is still somewhat parochial like much of the rest of the New England. The same can't really be said elsewhere.

How about Baker and Hogan? Sure, they didn't have their presidential candidate losing their state by around a two-to-one margin while running for re-election like Scott, but they had to survive a mass of democratic wavier in 2018, and did so with ease.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2020, 05:01:14 PM »

He smiles at you...

How about Baker and Hogan? Sure, they didn't have their presidential candidate losing their state by around a two-to-one margin while running for re-election like Scott, but they had to survive a mass of democratic wavier in 2018, and did so with ease.

Democrats didn't really put up good candidates in those races and neither of those incumbents did any damage to themselves. Waves to often include exceptions, like Mike Bebee managed to win in a landslide in 2010 despite the fact that Arkansas Democrats were losing everything else.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2020, 05:02:23 PM »

So you’re saying that massive Democratic gains in TX since 2016 can’t be chalked up to the "Beto effect" or "anti-Cruz sentiment"? Shocked

Beto's margin is the new floor for TX Dems.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2020, 05:06:27 PM »

I don't know where this talk of Meyer being a moderate comes from, a look at his campaign website shows he's a generic Republican. Anyways, he probably won't survive this wave, and Democrats have to flip this seat to have any hope of taking the State House.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2020, 11:43:30 PM »

No, that district will probably be won by Biden by an even bigger margin than this. Around 64-34 or so I'd say Smiley
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2020, 11:44:53 PM »

No, that district will probably be won by Biden by an even bigger margin than this. Around 64-34 or so I'd say Smiley

So is Davis DOA?
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2020, 11:46:45 PM »

So is Davis DOA?

I wouldn't call her DOA since she still won by 7% when O'Rourke was winning that seat 60-39, but I'd tilt it in Ann Johnson's (D) favor. A 30% margin is probably too big of a difference to overcome.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2020, 12:00:20 AM »
« Edited: August 06, 2020, 12:19:47 AM by Monstro »

There's about 8 seats that were within 5% and Beto won 6 of those. If all flipped and nothing else, that'd be a tied chamber.

Assuming swings of 10%, that'd be another 9 seats that could be caught in a wave. Granted, Cruz won 6 of them but the margins were within 4%.

I don't have PVIs calculated, but I hope the Texas Democratic Party is hitting the ground running
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies