President Trump interviewed by Axios (Jonathan Swan)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 03:19:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  President Trump interviewed by Axios (Jonathan Swan)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: President Trump interviewed by Axios (Jonathan Swan)  (Read 3113 times)
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2020, 06:07:41 AM »

Interviewer admits that he was completely wrong on mail-in ballots and "muh applications":
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2020, 06:37:48 AM »

Interviewer admits that he was completely wrong on mail-in ballots and "muh applications":

Do you understand what "completely" means?
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2020, 08:18:45 AM »

So, the interviewer was incorrect on one point, and not even fully incorrect, just partially. How many times was Trump incorrect in just this interview?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2020, 08:49:27 AM »

I watched it yesterday. What a meltdown. This dude is a complete laughingstock. My favorite part was when he said "we didn't have a test when I came in" and the interviewer just responded "the virus didn't exist". It was especially funny since few weeks ago I made a post imitating him by saying "Obama had zero tests".
Thank you for being a friend...
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2020, 09:39:39 AM »

Trump is incapable to run a hot dog stand and yet 40% of Americans think he does a good job as president.

lol

All joking aside, the above comment is true though.
I have always been proud of my country and most of its people, but the last four years are an extreme embarrassment.

Completely agree!!!
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2020, 09:45:47 AM »

I watched it yesterday. What a meltdown. This dude is a complete laughingstock. My favorite part was when he said "we didn't have a test when I came in" and the interviewer just responded "the virus didn't exist". It was especially funny since few weeks ago I made a post imitating him by saying "Obama had zero tests".
Satirizing Trump is almost impossible because 2 weeks later he ends up actually saying the crazy thingbyou pretended he said for comedy purposes.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2020, 09:48:10 AM »

Satirizing Trump is almost impossible because 2 weeks later he ends up actually saying the crazy thingbyou pretended he said for comedy purposes.

Or maybe he's reading this forum, lol.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2020, 10:03:31 AM »

I sure hope so.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2020, 10:08:06 AM »

Acting like Trump reads.
Amanda Huggenkiss
amanda dermichknutscht

« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2020, 10:32:02 AM »

I don't think that you're so stupid to actually think that what you wrote accurately represents what Swan wrote.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2020, 11:50:51 AM »

Well, Trump said everyone was getting ballots in the mail.  Swan said they were getting applications.  It turns out that 95% of people get applications, and 5% get ballots, so Swan was 5% wrong and Trump was 95% wrong.

But Swan clarified and apologized, and Trump didn't, so Trump wins and Swan loses.  Woooo MAGA
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2020, 01:20:37 PM »

I'm sure any psychologist would easily diagnose a narcissistic personality disorder with this guy. He repeatedly insisted what a great job he has done with the "China plague" and that he built, and I quote "the greatest economy in the history of the world", as well as he has done more for black America than Lyndon Johnson. The most revealing part was "John Lewis didn't come to my inauguration". He said that more than once. It was actually the only thing he had to say about an icon like John Lewis.  And by the way, Lewis also didn't attend Dubya's 2001 inauguration because he thought the 2000 election results in Florida were not legitimate. And guess what? Dubya came to his funeral regardless and gave a pretty moving speech.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2020, 02:36:12 PM »

I'm sure any psychologist would easily diagnose a narcissistic personality disorder with this guy. He repeatedly insisted what a great job he has done with the "China plague" and that he built, and I quote "the greatest economy in the history of the world", as well as he has done more for black America than Lyndon Johnson. The most revealing part was "John Lewis didn't come to my inauguration". He said that more than once. It was actually the only thing he had to say about an icon like John Lewis.  And by the way, Lewis also didn't attend Dubya's 2001 inauguration because he thought the 2000 election results in Florida were not legitimate. And guess what? Dubya came to his funeral regardless and gave a pretty moving speech.

Oddly enough, my kids over heard me mention the term narcissistic personality disorder. I was referring to Trump, but I don't think they heard that part of the conversation. They asked me what the term meant, so I read out the Mayo Clinic's list of symptoms and asked if that sounded like anyone we knew about. They both said oh, that sounds exactly like President Trump!

Seriously though, if you were to read every one of those symptoms and grade how well they fit Trump on a scale from 1 to 10, I don't believe there is a single one of the more than a dozen characteristics that would score as low as a 9.
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2020, 07:10:18 PM »

The best episode of Veep ever until you realize it's real life.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2020, 08:10:06 PM »

About 30 minutes of it was quite strong in fact. He's had a solid turnaround over the past month or so after many, many months of disaster. Once again got owned for about 10 minutes on coronavirus semantics. There are stats that support him, but he's using very weak ones and does not understand the data himself. Should get better data people. When he speaks, it's very easy to get on board with his inspirational vision.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2020, 12:40:33 AM »

Have Swan and his family been put into protective custody yet?  The death threats must be overwhelming by now.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies