Office of Representative Ninja0428 (DA-NJ)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:09:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Representative Ninja0428 (DA-NJ)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Representative Ninja0428 (DA-NJ)  (Read 451 times)
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 02, 2020, 05:46:44 PM »
« edited: February 22, 2021, 09:44:56 PM by Ninja0428 »

Welcome to my new Lincoln office! Here I will post updates and take questions regarding my activities in the Lincoln Council.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 05:59:47 PM »

Statement on Leadership Vacuum and Illinois Violence

I am deeply saddened by today's events in the Illinois State Legislature which occurred in response to the current leadership vacuum in the council. The times may be confusing, but this does not make now or any other time the time for petty fights between those who are meant to be leading us. To be so immature as to fight a representative from another party goes wholly against the ways of the Democratic Alliance, and I would like to believe that it goes against the ways of the Tricolor Party and every other party here in Atlasia. Such an act will not help our current situation, and regional DA leaders will be speaking with the representative in question and he will be reprimanded. I would like to say to everyone in Lincoln that now is not a good time to bicker either. I wish for us all to move past such tension and do what is necessary for our citizens.

I must say that I was rather shocked by the events that transpired in the council today. Mr. S019's resignation was quite unusual. While I still consider it to have been a mistake and a conflict on interest for the former Chancellor to have attempted to appoint himself to be the speaker of the chamber, I did not believe that it would cause the government to collapse. We need a functional government and strong leadership to help us through this crisis which is why earlier today I offered to serve as Chancellor leading a unity government. It is my hope that we can resolve this issue soon, and that we move on without animosity in order to do what is right for Lincoln.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 04:40:41 PM »

My bill, the No Need to Spread Disease Act has been introduced to the council floor. Here is my statement made in the council on it:
Regardless, this is an act which is long overdue. In short, this act requires masks to be worn in government buildings, retail buildings, schools (if they meet the qualifications to reopen), and Lincoln's regional transportation system. It sets a requirement of a 3% local positivity rate or lower for schools to reopen, and requires that online classes be made available whether or not the school is qualified to open, and it requires schools to close again if things get worse. It requires the various governmental agencies of Lincoln to make all services which do not require a physical presence to be available online. It clarifies that businesses can kick out customers and employees who do not follow precautions. Finally, this act would expire on new years 2021 unless the council extends it, as people will probably forget to repeal this. I'm willing to make changes on the details of this but it is important that we finally get this stuff done.
Please let me know if you have any suggestions on how to improve it!
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 05:24:59 PM »

Today I introduced the Lincoln Grants for Public Transit Act. This act would allow local governments to apply for grant funding for public transportation projects, with grants being awarded based on merit and financial need. The passage of this bill would encourage more expansion of public transport in Lincoln, in particular I hope for this act to encourage more public transportation projects in smaller metropolitan areas which feel like they are otherwise unfeasible.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2020, 02:00:19 PM »

Statement on the Green Party

I must say that I am saddened by what appears to be the ultimate demise of the Green Party. Promoting diversity in political ideas is a good thing for Atlasia and I was happy to see the Greens formerly doing so as an alternative party on the left. While I must say that the revelations made about certain schemes by Mr. PSOL were rather disturbing, I do believe that most Greens did believe in their cause. As the party is now likely to scatter, I would like to extend an invitation for Green Party members to join Democratic Alliance. We too stand as an alternative to the traditional two party system with a leftist contingent. We see eye to eye on several issues, whether it be investing in green energy and green infrastructure, ensuring that the top always pay their fair share, standing with LGBT rights, standing with Workers' Rights, investing in the economies of rural towns and struggling communities, and more, there is a lot of common ground. Most importantly, we are an open community which values the contribution of all members. We believe that everyone has something of value to add and we are happy to hear and incorporate Green ideas. I wish the best for the future of the former Greens, particularly Mr. T'Chenka and Mr. Lakigigar, and I hope that your party, although short lived, leaves a positive legacy in Atlasia.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2021, 09:53:18 PM »

Well I guess this is a thing again. Thanks to all of my voters, and I'm proud of everyone in DA for finally getting us back into the federal government. We've managed to stay strong through the hard times and gain seats this election, we can accomplish things together. In this upcoming session I plan to focus a lot on game reform. I think a lot has things have proven to be broken in Atlasia lately and many of us became dangerously hyper-partisan and emotional over this all, myself included. I want to work with whoever is interested. I don't want to serve as speaker or anything, I instead plan to nominate Joseph Cao who has proven himself to be both a principled, multi-partisan leader for Atlasia and an effective speaker previously. I believe that his election as speaker would set the right tone for the next 2 months in Atlasia.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2021, 01:36:44 PM »

March 5th, 2021 Update:

1. I have sworn into the House of Representatives
2. I have nominated Joseph Cao for speaker for reasons outlined above.
3. I have introduced an amendment to the Regional Registration Act. I am not sure if this will be added, as the bill should have moved to voting about a week ago, but it has not started so hopefully I will be able to. The amendment introduced would apply the new restriction only to registrations starting in April. This way it shouldn't apply retroactively which is legally questionable. Furthermore, during the previous election season Lincoln became incredibly bloated compared to the other regions as huge numbers of voters were rushed in, and I don't want a bill intended to deal with this problem to prolong it instead.
4. I voted AYE on the Olawakandi Day Act. We must praise the secular lord. That is all.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies