We're about to get the TikTok BUMP; Trump says he will ban TikTok (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:07:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  We're about to get the TikTok BUMP; Trump says he will ban TikTok (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: We're about to get the TikTok BUMP; Trump says he will ban TikTok  (Read 2600 times)
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« on: August 01, 2020, 09:06:39 PM »

Lol. This is probably a good thing honestly; kids in my school are way too obsessed with TikTok and it's replacing the culture of a community within a school which is sad. TikTok is also pretty much a bunch of junk for the most part from what I've seen, outside a few specific communities.
“Wow listen to me, I am such a sophisticated man of culture!”
“I’m not like the other kids!”

Sorry but I disagree, just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it is “erasing” teen culture. I would argue it is now a part of it. Besides, you are a few decades early to begin complaining about “kids these days”
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 09:10:46 PM »

FF move, now it will be harder for China to spy on our kids
Haha, yes, China has devoted billions of dollars into spying on 14-18 year olds dancing around while lip syncing.

The only real concern would be people working in actual national security fields, but even then, there isn’t evidence of TikTok spying, just speculation because “China bad!”
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 05:26:56 PM »

FF move, now it will be harder for China to spy on our kids

It's more a matter of your personal information being sold, but the same thing happens with Facebook as well and cons have no problem with it.

I mean even if you agree both spying apps are bad, it's undeniable that another country having access to that data is worse than a corporation having access

I'm opposed to both--but a lot of the people that are cheering this have some questionable standards on others doing it.
I assume I am the only one here who supports both.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies