Who would you pick as Biden's running mate?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 12:52:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Who would you pick as Biden's running mate?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you pick out of Biden's choices for VP?
Jacky Rosen

Michelle Lujan Grisham

Carole Keeton Strayhorn

Gwen Graham

Donna Shalala

Loretta Sanchez

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Who would you pick as Biden's running mate?  (Read 565 times)
scutosaurus
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 28, 2020, 12:56:36 AM »

Insider reports indicate that Joe Biden is considering all six of these talented, qualified women for the position of his running mate.

Jacky Rosen was elected as Nevada's Junior Senator in 2018. She has a strong electoral history and would provide critical tech support to the Biden campaign given that she has an IT degree, a quality which could be attractive to Biden due to his advanced age and likely ineptitude with technology.

Michelle Lujan Grisham has presided over one of the nation's best COVID-19 responses during her time as Governor of New Mexico and has critical experience in both the Governor's Mansion and in Congress. Her diverse portfolio and Latina ethnicity could be appealing to the Democratic Hispanic-Portuguese base in the Southwest.

Carole Keeton Strayhorn, who achieved nearly 20% of the vote against Rick Perry in 2006, would be a strong pick if Biden wanted to go all in on Texas. This could be a prudent strategy given the many competitive House seats up in that state this year.

Gwen Graham's personal popularity allowed her to carry a Republican-leaning district against an incumbent Republican in the 2014 red wave, and could be critical to the Biden campaign in ensuring that Florida flips to the Democratic column. Bob Graham is a legend among Floridians and having his daughter on the ticket would almost certainly deliver the state's electoral votes.

Florida Congresswoman Donna Shalala, who previously served as HHS Secretary under former President Bill Clinton, would offer a similar effect in Florida while also providing unique credentials amidst the coronavirus crisis. As the only person on the list with true public health experience, Shalala would be a strong and reassuring voice to struggling Americans.

The final apparent frontrunner for the running mate slot, former California Congresswoman Loretta Sanchez, offers credentials among the Hispanic-Portuguese base, while also providing an impeccable resumé complete with legislative experience and experience on the Anaheim City Council.

All five reported frontrunners are undeniably qualified, but there can only be one. If you were Joe Biden, who would you choose as your running mate and why?
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 01:06:37 AM »

I know which one you want me to say, but out of these I'm going with MLG.

Anyone who can appeal to Latinx voters is fine.
scutosaurus
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 01:09:28 AM »

I know which one you want me to say, but out of these I'm going with MLG.

Anyone who can appeal to Latinx voters is fine.

I also voted for Michelle. The Hispanic-Portuguese base in the Sun Belt will be all-important this cycle and I think she's the shortlist candidate who has the best chance at galvanizing it, although Sanchez and Rosen could also do a good job.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 02:28:32 AM »

None of the above.

Michelle Obama.

In 2008 we had an Obama/Biden ticket...now it's time for an Biden/Obama ticket.

I mean, think about it, Michelle Obama checks off every box. She's a woman, African-American, the wife of a popular ex-President, successful as a First Lady in her own right.

The only downside is she just doesn't seem interested in Presidential Politics...unlike say...Hillary Clinton.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 07:55:57 AM »
« Edited: July 28, 2020, 11:40:16 AM by Parrotguy »

Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. How can I choose out of this list of qualified, powerful, beautiful women? Every one of them would be a fantastic choice. How can I choose between Jackie Rosen, Donna Shalala and Loretta Sanchez? These three are literally icons. But I guess this is the ranking:

1. Rosen- she would allow Biden to win close to 100% of the Jewish vote, a very important Florida constituency, and her mega-coattails from Nevada would hand him Arizona. She would ensure victory in the election.
2. Loretta Sanchez- Pence would drop out of the ticket when she dabs on him in the debate.
3. Donna Shalala- the most qualified and competent woman on the list, maybe ever.
4. Michelle Lujan Grisham- she would be the most effective attacker of Trump's immigration policy due to her immense physical strength.
5. Carole Keeton Strayhorn- if we have Texas we have the election, and Texans love Grandma. Or so one Texan I know said.
6. Graham- amazing candidate too, and would deliver us Florida, but lost the gubernatorial primary in 2018 and it did damage her.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2020, 10:39:20 AM »

Out of these, easily MLG.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2020, 12:32:57 PM »

Catherine Cortez Masto or Tammy Duckworth. Probably Duckworth.
scutosaurus
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2020, 12:50:40 PM »

Catherine Cortez Masto or Tammy Duckworth. Probably Duckworth.

Both would be good options but unfortunately are not in contention right now. After CCM removed herself from the process Biden focused his attention on Rosen if he wants a Nevadan, and Biden is determined to pick a VP from the Sun Belt which eliminates Duckworth.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2020, 01:10:54 PM »

Kamala Harris lol
scutosaurus
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2020, 01:28:32 PM »

Sanchez is the only Californian in consideration. My source was very clear about this.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2020, 02:34:34 PM »

MLG

Rosen would be Plan B.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2020, 04:27:27 PM »

bruh i would of picked Duckworth
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2020, 04:28:18 PM »

Grisham is the realistic choice that makes me vomit the least
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2020, 05:09:07 PM »

Both would be good options but unfortunately are not in contention right now. After CCM removed herself from the process Biden focused his attention on Rosen if he wants a Nevadan, and Biden is determined to pick a VP from the Sun Belt which eliminates Duckworth.
Duckworth is a great candidate. She speaks three languages, is a veteran, a woman, a minority. The idea that a Sun Belt VP will win over voters is nonsense advocated by political pundits. 1) There is no cohesive “Sun Belt” identity; 2) Even if there was, there is little to no evidence that people are more likely to vote for those from the same state/region as themselves.
Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2020, 06:21:26 PM »

genuinely difficult

i would probably vote sanchez in this case
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi