Opinion of Tennessee
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:07:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Opinion of Tennessee
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of TN
FS

HS

Neutral

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: Opinion of Tennessee  (Read 761 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 24, 2020, 04:51:44 PM »

Southern state, Nashville, capital, home of country music, southern suburban Republicans, Williamson County, Marsha Blackburn and the Tennessee Titans.

Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 05:03:45 PM »

Neutral
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 06:10:11 PM »

Horrible state. I'm sure that Memphis and Nashville are fine but they don't make up for the rest of the state.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 06:17:44 PM »

An excellent state — great food, great music, beautiful scenery
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 06:35:23 PM »

Tennessee is half country and half hood, if u don't know how to rev ur truck and throw hands then u can't hang.

everyone here is white trash including myself as much as i don't want to admit it. even the nonwhite ppl r white trash.

there is nothing to do except get plastered and go to Waffle house at 2AM. almost everyone over the age of 18 seems to have a binge drinking problem (or maybe that's just my friends oof)

oh ya also if u don't have kids and/or aren't married by the time ur like 24 ur considered weird as sh**t bcuz that's how the culture is here.

for some reason no one ever seems to consider leaving the state, which is all i've wanted to do for the longest time.

I'm tempted to say FF state bcuz I love the people I know here, but it is also the state that made me so it's gotta be HP state.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 06:50:31 PM »

The only things I know from Tennessee are Hillgoose and Bourbon Whiskey, so I have to base my opinion on those two things.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2020, 06:56:55 PM »

FF music, food, drink, accents

HP other
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2020, 08:07:14 PM »

Neutral
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2020, 11:26:55 PM »

The only good flag in Dixie outside of Alabama, Texas, and South Carolina.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2020, 11:48:32 PM »

Tennessee is half country and half hood, if u don't know how to rev ur truck and throw hands then u can't hang.

everyone here is white trash including myself as much as i don't want to admit it. even the nonwhite ppl r white trash.

there is nothing to do except get plastered and go to Waffle house at 2AM. almost everyone over the age of 18 seems to have a binge drinking problem (or maybe that's just my friends oof)

oh ya also if u don't have kids and/or aren't married by the time ur like 24 ur considered weird as sh**t bcuz that's how the culture is here.

for some reason no one ever seems to consider leaving the state, which is all i've wanted to do for the longest time.

I'm tempted to say FF state bcuz I love the people I know here, but it is also the state that made me so it's gotta be HP state.

That's one side of Tennessee, I guess, but it couldn't be further from the experience I have had living in this state.  Granted, my crowd is a suburban churchy crowd, the sort that either rarely or never drink.  So, there certainly are different demographics in this state.

I also would not really call Williamson County, where I live, "white trash" at all.  Sure, people listen to country music and some own guns or drive pickup trucks, but Hillgoose's description does not really apply to where I live.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2020, 12:03:06 AM »

That's one side of Tennessee, I guess, but it couldn't be further from the experience I have had living in this state.  Granted, my crowd is a suburban churchy crowd, the sort that either rarely or never drink.  So, there certainly are different demographics in this state.

I also would not really call Williamson County, where I live, "white trash" at all.  Sure, people listen to country music and some own guns or drive pickup trucks, but Hillgoose's description does not really apply to where I live.

Yeah Williamson county is definitely like it's own thing lmao
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2020, 12:17:52 AM »

Memphis and Nashville are great cities, but way too many deplorables elsewhere, and any state that elects Maniac Marsha Blackburn to the U.S. Senate is automatically rendered Horrible.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2020, 12:08:54 PM »
« Edited: July 25, 2020, 12:13:25 PM by Statilius the Epicurean »

Absolutely loved visiting there in 2017. My favourite state in the US. Nashville and Memphis were both really great in their own way, and even though I only stayed for an afternoon lunch in Chatanooga that was a lovely city as well. Also driving around rural Tennessee near the Shiloh battlefield (fascinating site) was a delightful experience. Eating fried catfish and sipping sweet tea on the banks of the Tennessee River, listening to John Fahey and reading Huck Finn is one of my favourite memories. Titanic freedom state.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2020, 12:15:55 PM »

Massive FS, and one of the best states.

My only “unpopular” opinion on Tennessee is that MEM > BNA, though. 
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2020, 12:31:39 PM »
« Edited: July 25, 2020, 12:39:36 PM by Alcibiades »

That's one side of Tennessee, I guess, but it couldn't be further from the experience I have had living in this state.  Granted, my crowd is a suburban churchy crowd, the sort that either rarely or never drink.  So, there certainly are different demographics in this state.

I also would not really call Williamson County, where I live, "white trash" at all.  Sure, people listen to country music and some own guns or drive pickup trucks, but Hillgoose's description does not really apply to where I live.

Is there no alternative in Tennessee between the extremes of “white trash” debauchery and ultra-repressed evangelical suburban conformity? (Just kidding; I’ve heard good things about Nashville.)
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2020, 10:14:19 PM »

FS for sure!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length