AR-SEN: Does Cotton win every county if the independent Democrat doesn’t make the ballot?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:00:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AR-SEN: Does Cotton win every county if the independent Democrat doesn’t make the ballot?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No, Ricky Harrington (L) wins at least one

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 22

Author Topic: AR-SEN: Does Cotton win every county if the independent Democrat doesn’t make the ballot?  (Read 514 times)
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 24, 2020, 09:58:00 AM »

Does Tom Cotton win every county if the independent Democrat fails to qualify for the ballot? If not, which counties does Ricky Harrington win?
walleye26

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 02:46:09 PM »

Highly doubt any counties, as previous GOP/Dem with a Libertarian/Green challenger only usually result in about a 80/20 split. That’s probably not enough for a third party to win any counties. If Harrington Jr. did win a County, I would put it as a majority black county on the Mississippi River/Delta region, the most likely being Lee, but Desha, Phillips, and Crittenden are possible. Chicot, St. Francis, and Jefferson would be more of a stretch.
walleye26

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 02:56:19 PM »

For reference, the AR-Gov race in 2018 was 65-32 for Hutchinson. Phillips County was the most Dem county in the state, going 54-44 for the Dem. Next up was Lee, going 53-45 for the Dem. Those are the most likely, and with Lee’s small population of only 10,000 or so, if Harrington Jr. actively campaigned there he might squeak by with a majority.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 02:58:41 PM »

For reference, the AR-Gov race in 2018 was 65-32 for Hutchinson. Phillips County was the most Dem county in the state, going 54-44 for the Dem. Next up was Lee, going 53-45 for the Dem. Those are the most likely, and with Lee’s small population of only 10,000 or so, if Harrington Jr. actively campaigned there he might squeak by with a majority.
I don't see why anyone in those counties would turn out if there isn't even a de facto Democrat like Dan Whitfield on the ballot.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 03:12:04 PM »
« Edited: July 24, 2020, 03:17:24 PM by MT Treasurer »

I don't see why anyone in those counties would turn out if there isn't even a de facto Democrat like Dan Whitfield on the ballot.

The number of people who don’t turn out to vote in a presidential year because there’s no Democrat candidate in one single down-ballot race which would have been non-competitive even if a Democrat had been on the ballot is closer than zero than Harrington's chance of winning a county or two.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 03:45:11 PM »

The number of people who don’t turn out to vote in a presidential year because there’s no Democrat candidate in one single down-ballot race which would have been non-competitive even if a Democrat had been on the ballot is closer than zero than Harrington's chance of winning a county or two.
I didn't mean that they wouldn't turn out at all. I meant that they wouldn't turn out for Senate.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2020, 03:56:48 PM »

What happened ERM? Felt like radio silence for weeks and now you're suddenly overloaded with Congressional questions again
One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: 3.13

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2020, 05:00:07 PM »

Yeah he probably does sweep each county. The drop off from the presidential ballot is going to be massive lol
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2020, 05:12:29 PM »

Even with the Independent Democrat, I think Cotton wins every County. That said, Pulaski County will be really close.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2021, 09:09:57 AM »

Tom Cotton was so despised he lost 3 counties.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2021, 10:33:18 AM »

The three counties he lost-Pulaski, Jefferson, and Phillips-are the most Democratic in the state. And Cotton only won Washington County (Fayetteville) by 6%. His Libertarian opponent Harrington pretty much received the entire Democratic vote, and the county map didn't look any different from what we would expect had Cotton faced a Democratic opponent.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2021, 10:35:55 AM »

The three counties he lost-Pulaski, Jefferson, and Phillips-are the most Democratic in the state. And Cotton only won Washington County (Fayetteville) by 6%. His Libertarian opponent Harrington pretty much received the entire Democratic vote, and the county map didn't look any different from what we would expect had Cotton faced a Democratic opponent.
I mean getting pretty much every democrat voting libertarian is an achivement.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2021, 10:41:48 AM »

Democrats voted for the Libertarian. Harrington opposed Amy Coney Barrett, which helped him with Democrats.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies