National Anthem Kneeling vs. Blue Collar People Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 03:38:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  National Anthem Kneeling vs. Blue Collar People Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: National Anthem Kneeling vs. Blue Collar People Megathread  (Read 3810 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 21, 2020, 09:43:12 AM »
« edited: December 03, 2020, 05:00:11 PM by Atlanta 1997 World Champs »

Major League Baseball is right leaning, so I don't see what the issue is.

tmz.com/2020/07/21/giants-national-anthem-san-francisco-kneeling-protest-mlb-gabe-kapler/
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 10:18:55 AM »
« Edited: July 21, 2020, 10:24:23 AM by PQG and Libertarian Republican Pimp Slapped Coronavirus! »

Another "Uppity Negros Alert!" thread from Bronze. Must be a day that ends in y.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 10:39:06 AM »

"MLB world is furious" the MLB twitter account retweeted it

I'm talking the Curt Schillings and John Smoltzes of the world, not the MLB apparatus.

However, some executives who donate to Trump must be privately seething
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 10:45:00 AM »

You mean, snowflake conservatives mad that people are using their constitutional rights where they can see them when they disagree. They say they'll boycott but they will all come back, a lot of those people only live for beer and sports.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 10:48:01 AM »

Again, Bronz, I'm having trouble seeing what your point is.  Or is this a "talk and discuss" thread?

(Not being snarky)
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 11:16:07 AM »

I'm talking the Curt Schillings and John Smoltzes of the world, not the MLB apparatus.

Curt Schilling is not the "MLB World". He's a conspiracy theorist and bonafide piece of sh*t that has been ostracized from most MLB circles. You know this.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2020, 11:25:31 AM »

Again, Bronz, I'm having trouble seeing what your point is.  Or is this a "talk and discuss" thread?

(Not being snarky)

My working assumptions is that Bronz's threads are an attempt to distract people (probably including himself) from the civilization-scale nuclear meltdown that is the Trump administration.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2020, 12:06:21 PM »

(Not being snarky)

My working assumptions is that Bronz's threads are an attempt to distract people (probably including himself) from the civilization-scale nuclear meltdown that is the Trump administration.
I'm not a Trump supporter. I don't care for Trump. He is a loon. His supporters are lunatics.

I create these threads to show that they are still social discussions about social justice and other social issues, it is not to distract from Trump.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2020, 12:07:49 PM »

Curt Schilling is not the "MLB World". He's a conspiracy theorist and bonafide piece of sh*t that has been ostracized from most MLB circles. You know this.

I do know, but Schilling is still influential. He helped the 2001 D'backs and 2004 Red Sox win titles, even if he was an aging pitcher.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2020, 12:09:19 PM »

(Not being snarky)

I'm not a Trump supporter. I don't care for Trump. He is a loon. His supporters are lunatics.

I create these threads to show that they are still social discussions about social justice and other social issues, it is not to distract from Trump.

The topics have a tendency to suggest that opposition to Trump's far-right stances on social issues automatically put one well to the left of the center of the national discourse. At least most of the time.
MichaelRbn
Rookie
United States
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2020, 12:47:45 PM »

You mean the MLB fans who overwhelmingly booed the Trumps and their entourage during the 5th game of the World Series last fall?
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2020, 01:17:38 PM »

(Not being snarky)

I am going to read all your posts in Regina George's voice now so they sound snarky.  

Curt Schilling is irrelevant he's a nobody grifter now, Smoltzy has better things to complain about. No one who is serious cares about this.  
Mr. Matt
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2020, 01:22:33 PM »

I thought it was going to be about Mr. Kotter for a second 'til I saw the rest of the title and the OP.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2020, 02:19:47 PM »

Kapler initially had a pretty bumpy introduction to the team, so I'm glad he hasn't stepped away because of that. This has been met with predictable saltiness (as this very thread goes to show, *cough* bronz *cough cough*), but I'm glad he's doing this. Just because the protests have slowed doesn't mean we can let up, & I hope he continues going forward.

Oh, & also:

politics_king
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2020, 05:31:38 PM »

What really gives me a headache about all this posturing by "conservatives" is they kick, scream and yell about the Flag on how it disrespects the military. Then someone who is a Navy veteran is beaten by Federal Police and his hand is broken, he speaks out that they're acting like thugs and not trying to quell unrest at the protests in Portland then these "conservatives" bark out that the Navy veteran shouldn't have been there and he instigated the issue. Make up your mind, stop having it both ways or continued to be labeled as nothing more than a Cultist for the GOP & Trump. The hypocrisy drives me nuts.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2020, 07:58:28 AM »

I do know, but Schilling is still influential. He helped the 2001 D'backs and 2004 Red Sox win titles, even if he was an aging pitcher.

Okay, you read a single Wikipedia article and you see things in black and white.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2020, 08:39:45 AM »

4 players on The Reds knelt last night.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2020, 08:54:37 AM »

Okay, you read a single Wikipedia article and you see things in black and white.

It's bronz, he only sees things in "white."
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2020, 11:13:34 PM »

Two Black Yankees players, Giancarlo Stanton and Aaron Hicks kneeled tonight.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/25/yankees-giancarlo-stanton-aaron-hicks-kneel-during-national-anthem/

I don't think that is going to go well with Yankees president Randy Levine, who was Rudy Giuliani's deputy mayor and is a rightwing hot-head like Steinbrenner and Giuliani.

Levine invited Trump to the first pitch in August and is facing criticism from Mayor de Blasio and Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz Jr.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/23/trump-wants-players-standing-for-national-anthem-when-he-throws-first-pitch/

https://nypost.com/2020/07/25/de-blasio-rips-yankees-for-inviting-trump-to-throw-first-pitch/

The Yankees executives are rightwing. Levine is a NY Republican and the brass has supported Republican causes, explicitly since September 11, 2001, when Giuliani was deified.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2020, 11:24:19 PM »

bronz, kindly please shut the f**k up:

http://archive.is/xc8fi

[Giuliani's] comments, which incorrectly said the Yankees knelt during the anthem and mischaracterized largely peaceful protests, were countered by Yankees President Randy Levine, who worked under Giuliani during his mayoralty.

"Rudy got it absolutely wrong," Levine said in an interview. "The display of unity that was done last evening by our players and players across the league was beautiful, respectful and dignified. To me, it showed unity and the desire for a better world, social justice and enlightenment. I didn't - and nobody should - take that as being disrespectful of anyone, including law enforcement."
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2020, 11:27:57 PM »

bronz, kindly please shut the f**k up:

http://archive.is/xc8fi

[Giuliani's] comments, which incorrectly said the Yankees knelt during the anthem and mischaracterized largely peaceful protests, were countered by Yankees President Randy Levine, who worked under Giuliani during his mayoralty.

"Rudy got it absolutely wrong," Levine said in an interview. "The display of unity that was done last evening by our players and players across the league was beautiful, respectful and dignified. To me, it showed unity and the desire for a better world, social justice and enlightenment. I didn't - and nobody should - take that as being disrespectful of anyone, including law enforcement."

I didn't know, thank you for telling me, but I am sure some other executives are fuming. It's stunning to see Levine and Rudy spar here; Rudy is far right now.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2020, 11:30:02 PM »

Thank you for telling me.

But I do think some other baseball and sports executives are privately fuming.

Rudy is law and order to the T. That was the entire premise of his mayoralty, was about police and crime. If it wasn't for Dinkins and Koch, he wouldn't have won.

I'm surprised Levine is mellowed on this issue, I see him on Newsmax all the time.

But Levine will look hypocritical for inviting Trump while supporting this.
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2020, 11:45:43 PM »

If our professional athletes hate America in the numbers they do, then let them kneel to their hearts content.

For those of us who view America as a GOOD Nation, we should do several things.

1.  We should not spend a dime on official merchandise of pro sports leagues.

2.  We should not attend professional sports events.

3.  We should resist the demands of sports organizations for municipalities to build stadiums and
     training facilities for them, or for upgrades to existing facilities.  

America has been good to ALL these jocks.  They have received incredible opportunities, financial and otherwise.  They have the right to be un-American ingrates, but they don't have the right to my taxpayer dollars, or my disposable income.  Subsidizing professional sports is subsidizing the careers of people who hate America.  I don't wish them ill.  But I don't wish their success to come at my expense in any way.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2020, 12:35:41 AM »

Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2020, 02:08:57 AM »

Wow-- credit to OJ for making this video. Still a double murderer, but a very thoughtful perspective nonetheless.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies