WA: Most Unforgiving Towards Gov. Gregoire
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:46:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WA: Most Unforgiving Towards Gov. Gregoire
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: WA: Most Unforgiving Towards Gov. Gregoire  (Read 5929 times)
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2006, 02:57:21 AM »

Reagan Raider, are you aware that both parties agreed on the final recount?

I could really care less, but if by dropping the court case because of the partisan make-up of the State Supreme Court you mean they "agreed," I do not believe Dino conceded she was rightfully elected.

He stated the case would be dropped because of the partisan court. 

Sad but true.

I'm sorry, but the judge who ruled in the case was known for being a fair, non-partisan man.  Additionally, even Sam Reed said that the final count was the most accurate.  I would really love to give the Republicans the benefit of the doubt, because I really, really dislike Gregoire, and they certainly did screw up, but the final count was the count which should have been used.  The Democrats followed procedure - they had the right to do everything they did, and the state law was made for the situation.  If you want to blame them from benefiting from state law, well, OK, but I don't see how that is a negative thing.

Why do you dislike Gregoire, Alcon?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2006, 05:29:36 PM »

Reagan Raider, are you aware that both parties agreed on the final recount?

I could really care less, but if by dropping the court case because of the partisan make-up of the State Supreme Court you mean they "agreed," I do not believe Dino conceded she was rightfully elected.

He stated the case would be dropped because of the partisan court. 

Sad but true.

I'm sorry, but the judge who ruled in the case was known for being a fair, non-partisan man.  Additionally, even Sam Reed said that the final count was the most accurate.  I would really love to give the Republicans the benefit of the doubt, because I really, really dislike Gregoire, and they certainly did screw up, but the final count was the count which should have been used.  The Democrats followed procedure - they had the right to do everything they did, and the state law was made for the situation.  If you want to blame them from benefiting from state law, well, OK, but I don't see how that is a negative thing.

Why do you dislike Gregoire, Alcon?

As a candidate.  As a governor, she hasn't been particularly bad.  As a candidate, she seems cold, bureaucratic, and generally part of the Washington Dem political machine.  Of course, there is no such thing yet, but if there's anyone who gives appearences of such, it's Gregoire.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2006, 03:57:55 AM »

Sam Reed may be playing a game of "Cover Your Ass", but he's been well-respected and shown an incredible level of integrity in every situation in the past.  I certainly hold higher his face-value opinion more than that of the candidate (either candidate), the person(s) to whom manipulating the information to his (and her) own ends would be much more ass-coveringly beneficial.

Sam Reed is well respected by Democrats much the same way Zell Miller is well respected by Republicans.  To use him as an example of bipartisan support is precious.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2006, 09:15:00 AM »

Sam Reed may be playing a game of "Cover Your Ass", but he's been well-respected and shown an incredible level of integrity in every situation in the past.  I certainly hold higher his face-value opinion more than that of the candidate (either candidate), the person(s) to whom manipulating the information to his (and her) own ends would be much more ass-coveringly beneficial.

Sam Reed is well respected by Democrats much the same way Zell Miller is well respected by Republicans.  To use him as an example of bipartisan support is precious.

Sam Reed has mentioned several times that he is a strong Rossi supporter, and has gone as far as to say he is a "Rossi fan."  I do not think that really is an apt comparison.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2006, 05:33:15 AM »

Talk is cheap and getting cheaper all the time.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2006, 09:35:12 AM »

Talk is cheap and getting cheaper all the time.

Oh.  What?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies