WA-Sen: Cantwell still cruising...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:01:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  WA-Sen: Cantwell still cruising...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WA-Sen: Cantwell still cruising...  (Read 1688 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 03, 2006, 07:17:50 PM »

Strategic Vision:

WASHINGTON SENATE
Maria Cantwell 49%
Mike McGavick 39%
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 07:54:59 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2006, 07:57:37 PM by Frodo »

I see her leftwing antiwar antagonists are keeping her numbers around or below 50%, never letting her come near Patty Murray's average approval ratings. 
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 08:22:13 PM »

What's Cantwell's deal or is it that this McGavick figure is actually making himself well known and likeable? Sure she's up by ten but she's still below 50% and with the way things are going for the GOP she should be up by more. I don't think there's any reall chance of this being a pickup but it could end up being close. I wouldn't say she's "cruising" just yet.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 11:46:57 PM »

What's Cantwell's deal or is it that this McGavick figure is actually making himself well known and likeable? Sure she's up by ten but she's still below 50% and with the way things are going for the GOP she should be up by more. I don't think there's any reall chance of this being a pickup but it could end up being close. I wouldn't say she's "cruising" just yet.

Washington races nearly always poll the same over their entire course.  The Presidential election was the same.  Nearly every poll was Kerry +7.  The result was Kerry +7.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 12:25:04 AM »

As Alcon said, Washington races are among the most boring in the country to watch.  I expect the actual margin on election day to be exactly the same as this poll - something like 55-45.  With a Green party guy on the ballot, maybe 53-45-2, or something along those lines.

I can't see Cantwell losing, though.
Mr. Paleoconservative
Reagan Raider
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: 5.30

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 01:02:38 AM »

If only Slade Gorton would come back and make a SECOND comeback to the Senate.
MissCatholic

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 03:54:32 AM »

The GOP are at crisis point in Washington. This is what happens when the country is so openly divided. Cantwell will win re-election. The GOP are obsessed with Christine Gregiore but if they dont change their political philosophy they will face defeat again.

Democrats are changing slowly in red america but the republicans need to realize that they have to change for blue america
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 03:59:28 AM »

Quite honestly, the stuff surrounding Gregoire reminds me all too much of the stuff Democrats did in response to Bush's victory in Florida.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2006, 05:13:51 AM »

gorton would lose.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 05:32:31 AM »

Mitty is right.  Gorton is a non-entity.  He lost to Cantwell in what can only be described as an embarassing race.  He is not really popular, either; he existed mainly on the strength of his incumbency.  If Gorton was charismatic, or at least not oily, and Cantwell's popularity was in danger, I could see some chance of a comeback.  Unfortunately for the WAGOP, it's more of the same old same old from a party which lately has been struggling to offer anything else.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies