Kanye Ballot Access: Yeezus or Bust?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 09:46:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kanye Ballot Access: Yeezus or Bust?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20
Author Topic: Kanye Ballot Access: Yeezus or Bust?  (Read 20973 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2020, 07:56:25 AM »

Here is my hot take: Kanye and the rest of the third parties will get close to zero votes because this year people aren't in a joking mood.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2020, 10:06:49 AM »

On twitter, someone said that Kanye needs to get something like 30,000 signatures because the majority will get thrown out. It makes sense since South Carolina directly compares signatures to voter files.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2020, 11:03:10 AM »

Kanye will take more votes from Trump than Biden, especially looking at the middle America states he stands a chance in. 100% confident in that assertion.
I wouldn’t be so sure about that. Old white WWC’s aren’t exactly the kind of people who will vote for Kanye. Young people, minorities and people disillusioned with the binary choice are.

He says, contrary to the polling evidence we have, contrary to the approval numbers we have on Kanye, contrary to the reality of Kanye's political platform, because he literally cannot understand why young people and "minorities" are disillusioned with the binary choice. This is a dumb take, and Kanye will not "take" from Biden. His coalition will be Black ppl and young white men who were gonna either not vote or vote for Trump, a handful of religious conservatives, and maybe some incredibly stupid people who might've voted either way.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2020, 02:13:23 PM »

Kanye will take more votes from Trump than Biden, especially looking at the middle America states he stands a chance in. 100% confident in that assertion.
I wouldn’t be so sure about that. Old white WWC’s aren’t exactly the kind of people who will vote for Kanye. Young people, minorities and people disillusioned with the binary choice are.

He says, contrary to the polling evidence we have, contrary to the approval numbers we have on Kanye, contrary to the reality of Kanye's political platform, because he literally cannot understand why young people and "minorities" are disillusioned with the binary choice. This is a dumb take, and Kanye will not "take" from Biden. His coalition will be Black ppl and young white men who were gonna either not vote or vote for Trump, a handful of religious conservatives, and maybe some incredibly stupid people who might've voted either way.
What polling evidence? We barely have any either way.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2020, 03:07:13 PM »

What polling evidence? We barely have any either way.

Even more ironic is, contrary to Kanye's claim, what little polling we do have shows he'll take entirely from Trump and undecideds.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2020, 07:20:08 PM »

His coalition will be Black ppl and young white men who were gonna either not vote or vote for Trump, a handful of religious conservatives, and maybe some incredibly stupid people who might've voted either way.

Oh please tell me why his coalition will consist of black voters. Surely it can't be because Kanye is black
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2020, 07:22:26 PM »

He got like 100 people at his SC rally? I bet he won't be on the ballot in SC...or many other states.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2020, 07:29:51 PM »

Do we really need 3 active threads for a guy who will be on the ballot in only a couple states?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2020, 08:00:36 PM »

Do we really need 3 active threads for a guy who will be on the ballot in only a couple states?
We are in the long, dull summer, when the primaries are over but the race has not yet begun in earnest. All we have now is endless and mostly-baseless speculation about running mates, meaningless discussion of polling, and Ye. People will stop talking about this as soon as there's something else to talk about.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2020, 09:24:54 PM »

We are in the long, dull summer, when the primaries are over but the race has not yet begun in earnest. All we have now is endless and mostly-baseless speculation about running mates, meaningless discussion of polling, and Ye. People will stop talking about this as soon as there's something else to talk about.

Implying 'Ye will lose.
W
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -8.61

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2020, 12:56:33 AM »
« Edited: July 20, 2020, 03:58:26 AM by W »

It is my guess that West probably received above the threshold for signatures, but that so many of these will be thrown out that there is no way to know if he actually did it or not. My gut says no but 20 million Twitter followers may buy some things outside expectation.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2020, 11:02:27 AM »

The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2020, 11:09:55 AM »

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2020, 11:11:21 AM »

Good.

Another state bites the dust.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2020, 12:49:43 PM »

A campaign that only sought ballot access signatures in a state the day before the deadline and then failed to even submit any sounds like a totally organized campaign likely to make ballot access in many remaining states.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2020, 05:11:25 PM »

Didn't make his home state ballot:

BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2020, 05:40:35 PM »

We're not sure yet.

Ben Jacob later tweeted that he did file at 4:56pm with 412 pages of signatures.

That doesnt mean he's on the ballot. Now the State Board has to go through each signature and determine if they're all legitimate.

I could see Kanye get on the Ballot in Illinois because it's his home state, and it has a really low signature requirement.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2020, 06:28:19 PM »

We're not sure yet.

Ben Jacob later tweeted that he did file at 4:56pm with 412 pages of signatures.

That doesnt mean he's on the ballot. Now the State Board has to go through each signature and determine if they're all legitimate.

I could see Kanye get on the Ballot in Illinois because it's his home state, and it has a really low signature requirement.

Wait, do you need 25,000 signatures to get on the ballot in Illinois, or 2,500?  Ben Jacobs says it's the latter, and the Ballotpedia independent ballot access requirement list says it's the former.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2020, 06:37:30 PM »

Ballotpedia needs to be updated for a bunch of states due to COVID-19 changes. IL dropped the requirement to 2,500.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2020, 06:39:38 PM »

We're not sure yet.

Wait, do you need 25,000 signatures to get on the ballot in Illinois, or 2,500?  Ben Jacobs says it's the latter, and the Ballotpedia independent ballot access requirement list says it's the former.
https://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs4.asp?DocName=001000050HArt%2E+10&ActID=170&ChapterID=3&SeqStart=48100000&SeqEnd=50300000

(10 ILCS 5/10-3) (from Ch. 46, par. 10-3)
    Sec. 10-3. Nomination of independent candidates (not candidates of any political party), for any office to be filled by the voters of the State at large may also be made by nomination papers signed in the aggregate for each candidate by 1% of the number of voters who voted in the next preceding Statewide general election or 25,000 qualified voters of the State, whichever is less.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2020, 06:47:31 PM »

A judge reduced Illinois' signature requirement to 2,500.
W
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -8.61

« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2020, 07:15:51 PM »

Gonna have to tinker with my maps considerably. West did not get on the ballot in SC, some states (IL) have changed signature requirements. I'll update these ASAP.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2020, 07:45:17 PM »

I've read that most petition sheets have room for ten signatures. If Kanye turned in 412 signature sheets, he's handed in about 4000 signatures.

Usual rule of thumb seems to be that you should try and get three times the amount of signatures since the majority will get thrown out. I would not be shocked if Kanye isn't actually on the ballot. 
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2020, 10:07:25 PM »

Biden closing up the D primary so early this year has been hell as a political hack. What a depressing year this has been in terms of drama.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2020, 11:29:44 PM »

I guess now we gotta spend another 2 weeks talking about his supposed departure from the race?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies