Kanye Ballot Access: Yeezus or Bust?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 11:29:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kanye Ballot Access: Yeezus or Bust?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 20
Author Topic: Kanye Ballot Access: Yeezus or Bust?  (Read 21484 times)
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: August 05, 2020, 12:54:36 PM »

I'm really tired of people assuming that Black voters are dumb.  A large percentage of Black voters (especially older voters) are conservative on social issues.  And yet, they vote overwhelmingly for Democrats.  Why?  Because they aren't stupid, their lives are disproportionately affected by bad government, and they have learned to see through much of the political bullsh**t and vote for the party that fundamentally tries to address issues that matter to them.  The Democratic party hasn't gotten everything right in the last 30 years, but they care and they try.  The Republican party is led by a racist.

The assumption these voters are going to vote for a candidate who has no experience, is mentally unstable and has no chance of winning just because he is black is dumb.  The Black electorate is much more pragmatic than that. 

I doubt Kanye has much of an impact on the race at all.  If some Black voters end up voting for him, I doubt they were going to vote for Biden, or vote at all.

It's not black voters who are dumb.  It's young voters.

Nobody over the age of 40 is gonna be voting for Kanye.  But some 21 year old black kids voting in baby's first election probably will.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #126 on: August 05, 2020, 12:58:31 PM »

I'm really tired of people assuming that Black voters are dumb.  A large percentage of Black voters (especially older voters) are conservative on social issues.  And yet, they vote overwhelmingly for Democrats.  Why?  Because they aren't stupid, their lives are disproportionately affected by bad government, and they have learned to see through much of the political bullsh**t and vote for the party that fundamentally tries to address issues that matter to them.  The Democratic party hasn't gotten everything right in the last 30 years, but they care and they try.  The Republican party is led by a racist.

The assumption these voters are going to vote for a candidate who has no experience, is mentally unstable and has no chance of winning just because he is black is dumb.  The Black electorate is much more pragmatic than that. 

I doubt Kanye has much of an impact on the race at all.  If some Black voters end up voting for him, I doubt they were going to vote for Biden, or vote at all.

Nobody over the age of 40 is gonna be voting for Kanye.  But some 21 year old black kids voting in baby's first election probably will.
I'm a 21 year old Black man and I'm 100% voting for Biden. Also, the overwhelmingly majority of young Black voters are going to vote for Biden.
Roblox

« Reply #127 on: August 05, 2020, 01:00:26 PM »

People still stressing over Kanye stealing votes? As one Joe Biden would say, C'mon man. If anything, what little polling we have on this has Kanye taking more from Trump than Biden and only getting like 1%. What this whole discourse really shows is White liberals contempt of Black voters and to some extent young ones as well.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #128 on: August 05, 2020, 01:01:16 PM »

Also, how many times do people have to point out that most Kanye fans are white?

Poor Astead Wesley's head is breaking from how many times he's had to point that out by now.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #129 on: August 05, 2020, 01:01:32 PM »

I'm a 21 year old Black man and I'm 100% voting for Biden. Also, the overwhelmingly majority of young Black voters are going to vote for Biden.

Good.  I'm not saying all or even a large amount will.  I'm just saying that's his target demographic and where he's gonna be trying to pull votes from Biden.  But it's not really gonna be him actively pulling votes, it's just that those kids want to cast an ironic joke vote because "both candidates are terrible" and Kanye gives them a way to do that.

And it's not black voters specifically.  It's just young voters in general.  I think white kids like Kanye more than black kids lol
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #130 on: August 05, 2020, 01:13:39 PM »
« Edited: August 06, 2020, 08:59:05 AM by Mine eyes have seen the glory of the crushing of the Trump »

Most 21-year olds don't give a sh!t about Kanye West. They listen to Yungblud or Lil Peep or whoever. Kanye's fanbase is more like 32-year old white male Pitchfork readers.

And also while I love to sh!t on youngs today for having sh!tty taste in music (because most do), it's still better than Millennials who listen to Kanye West. His music is absolutely wretched awful sh!t that makes me want to jab pencils into my ears. As bad as other complete f[inks]ing trash like Cardi B and xxxTentacion.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #131 on: August 05, 2020, 01:20:20 PM »

Fresh reminder that the Venn diagram of people who are seriously voting for Kanye and people who voted for Harambe in 2016 is a f#cking circle.

If Kanye were not on the ballot, these people would either stay home or write something else in.  Kanye's platform doesn't exactly appeal to disaffected Sanders voters either, and if he truly is a spoiler candidate then there's no reason why he would take more votes from Biden than from Trump.
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #132 on: August 05, 2020, 01:22:51 PM »

Good.  I'm not saying all or even a large amount will.  I'm just saying that's his target demographic and where he's gonna be trying to pull votes from Biden.  But it's not really gonna be him actively pulling votes, it's just that those kids want to cast an ironic joke vote because "both candidates are terrible" and Kanye gives them a way to do that.

And it's not black voters specifically.  It's just young voters in general.  I think white kids like Kanye more than black kids lol

Exactly.  The challenge Democrats have is turning out young voters.  That's why I don't see Kanye getting on the ballot as any kind of issue.  His voters weren't going to vote for Biden, or weren't going to vote at all.  That doesn't change the outcome of the election.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #133 on: August 05, 2020, 01:32:57 PM »

Likely Kanye voter:

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #134 on: August 05, 2020, 01:33:17 PM »

Less than 90 minutes until Ohio's deadline by the way.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #135 on: August 05, 2020, 02:22:06 PM »

There's nothing to worry about with Kanye West in Wisconsin. There are at least three ways in which Wisconsin Democrats can challenge his petition: 1. The woman that delivered them didn't present them until after the deadline   2. The woman he collaborated with is a lawyer that is currently working for the Trump administration, and   3. It's incredibly, incredibly unlikely that he got 2,000 valid signatures anyway. It's very likely that any one of these will either get him off the ballot or tie him up in enough lawsuits that he gives up and withdraws like in New Jersey. 

Also, even if he does get on the ballot, almost no one will vote for him anyway. The people that will lose the most votes to Kanye West will be other third party joke candidates.
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #136 on: August 05, 2020, 02:34:11 PM »

There's nothing to worry about with Kanye West in Wisconsin. There are at least three ways in which Wisconsin Democrats can challenge his petition: 1. The woman that delivered them didn't present them until after the deadline   2. The woman he collaborated with is a lawyer that is currently working for the Trump administration, and   3. It's incredibly, incredibly unlikely that he got 2,000 valid signatures anyway. It's very likely that any one of these will either get him off the ballot or tie him up in enough lawsuits that he gives up and withdraws like in New Jersey. 

Also, even if he does get on the ballot, almost no one will vote for him anyway. The people that will lose the most votes to Kanye West will be other third party joke candidates.

Yep.

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #137 on: August 05, 2020, 02:43:15 PM »

Yep.

Haha. This is worse than New Jersey's.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #138 on: August 05, 2020, 02:48:30 PM »
« Edited: August 05, 2020, 03:16:22 PM by pppolitics »

https://www.scribd.com/document/471521770/K-West-DOC-and-Nomination-Petition-rotated-pdf
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #139 on: August 05, 2020, 02:56:34 PM »

More than half of these signatures are scratched out, from a cursory glance. There's no way 2,000 are verifiable.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #140 on: August 05, 2020, 04:29:45 PM »

Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #141 on: August 05, 2020, 05:03:54 PM »

This person has the submitted tally in Wisconsin at 2,457:

If that count is correct, I think it would be unbelievably unlikely for him to clear the 2,000 threshold after a voter roll comparison and any challenges.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #142 on: August 05, 2020, 05:55:55 PM »

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #143 on: August 05, 2020, 06:10:26 PM »

Damn, I thought I was making a good bet when I bought $300 of PredictIt shares on Kanye not making the ballot in Ohio.  Money out the window.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #144 on: August 05, 2020, 06:19:00 PM »

Damn, I thought I was making a good bet when I bought $300 of PredictIt shares on Kanye not making the ballot in Ohio.  Money out the window.
At least I only bet $30.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #145 on: August 05, 2020, 06:21:41 PM »

This person has the submitted tally in Wisconsin at 2,457:

If that count is correct, I think it would be unbelievably unlikely for him to clear the 2,000 threshold after a voter roll comparison and any challenges.

pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #146 on: August 05, 2020, 07:11:00 PM »

I think it's possible that some of the signatures were already matched with the voters roll and the invalid signatures are the ones that have been marked out.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #147 on: August 05, 2020, 07:20:23 PM »

In 2018, an independent candidate for governor in Ohio spent 1 million trying to get on the ballot, and 74% of his signatures got rejected. I wouldn't be so sure he makes it.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #148 on: August 05, 2020, 07:26:03 PM »

I think it's possible that some of the signatures were already matched with the voters roll and the invalid signatures are the ones that have been marked out.

I don't think they would've had time to do that, at least not thoroughly. Plus, just looking at the first few pages, there are a lot of either completely illegible names and addresses, names without addresses, and signatures clearly written by the same person, but these lines aren't scribbled out.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #149 on: August 06, 2020, 01:27:05 AM »

So another update: Alaska's deadline passed yesterday with no filing.

So here's the current map:

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies