NBC/WSJ Biden +11 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:51:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  NBC/WSJ Biden +11 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NBC/WSJ Biden +11  (Read 2330 times)
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« on: July 15, 2020, 04:06:00 PM »

Holy s**t. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so happy right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my mom but I'm literally in shock from the results tonight. I feel like I'm going to explode.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 04:24:40 PM »

Biden's favorables are bad, but lots of undecideds. 34/46 (20% undecided?) to Trump's 39/54.

Yeah, I was watching MSNBC and they were talking about this number. It kind of feels like an outlier. Firstly because of the huge amount of undecideds, but secondly because we've had multiple polls from high quality pollsters that show Biden with net favorable numbers.
Also what’s up with the GCB? Why is it only D+4?
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 04:30:47 PM »

Biden's favorables are bad, but lots of undecideds. 34/46 (20% undecided?) to Trump's 39/54.

Yeah, I was watching MSNBC and they were talking about this number. It kind of feels like an outlier. Firstly because of the huge amount of undecideds, but secondly because we've had multiple polls from high quality pollsters that show Biden with net favorable numbers.
Also what’s up with the GCB? Why is it only D+4?

Possibly some people beginning to be convinced that Biden will win and hedging against one-party control?

There’s also a good chance that it’s an outlier.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 06:57:32 PM »

I hate to nitpick, but I don't like that Trump has a 42% approval rating in this poll. It seems way too high given the current environment.

This has consistently been one of the best high-quality pollsters for Trump.  42 is his lowest approval in this poll since early 2018.

What was the early 2018 dip caused by? That feels like 25 years ago, so my memory is hazy.

The whole border thing with kids in cages, although I might be wrong.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2020, 02:16:30 AM »

Holy s**t. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so happy right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my mom but I'm literally in shock from the results tonight. I feel like I'm going to explode.

Not a good way to treat your mom, but in the context sounds more like an accident than intention.... Wink

Hopefully she is a non-Trumpista and will not hold that against you, so long as you defer from future such conduct or warn her when expecting polling news updates   Smiley

I assume your being sarcastic, but that was a copypasta  Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies