AOC thinks crime surge in NYC is due to people who need to shoplift some bread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:04:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  AOC thinks crime surge in NYC is due to people who need to shoplift some bread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: AOC thinks crime surge in NYC is due to people who need to shoplift some bread  (Read 4955 times)
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2020, 01:40:17 AM »

I’m going to tentatively guess without giving the links in the OP in the given thread that AOC is at least somewhat wrong here, but this thread is such an unbelievable dumpster fire and as usual the reaction from the right and even parts of the left is being overblown.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2020, 02:48:24 AM »

She's the definition of privilege in this country. Only a privileged woman could get away with a statement this moronic

No, I think that definition is reserved for any so-called libertarian who doesn't aggressively oppose mass incarceration.

Ahh yes, because I'm not stupid enough to blame the high crime hikes in inner city communities, a place you've never been and aoc clearly doesn't care to visit atm, on corona and a lack of food, I must support mass incarceration. Great reasoning.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2020, 03:24:30 AM »

She's the definition of privilege in this country. Only a privileged woman could get away with a statement this moronic

No, I think that definition is reserved for any so-called libertarian who doesn't aggressively oppose mass incarceration.

Ahh yes, because I'm not stupid enough to blame the high crime hikes in inner city communities, a place you've never been and aoc clearly doesn't care to visit atm, on corona and a lack of food, I must support mass incarceration. Great reasoning.

You say a lot of unsupported things about my experiences, child.

Pray, tell us all about your explorations in the urban community.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2020, 03:52:01 AM »

AOC lives in the Bronx when she isn't in Washington DC. Only reason she might not visit is COVID quarantining.

Forget it Deady, you're out of your element.

free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2020, 04:00:22 AM »

Guys, the point of the AOC-King comparison is that Steve King was an embarrassment to his party who eventually got beat in a primary.  That's all there is to it.  The backup comparison would be Dana Rohrabacher.

Matt Gaetz and Louis Gohmert are also embarrassing but didn't lose their primaries.

Alan Grayson is another apt comparison.

Alan Grayson didn't lose his primary because of his political views or his tendency to shoot from the hip. He lost his primary because he's a wifebeating piece of ****. That's also an offensively bad comparison.

(FTR, I have no qualms with the Rohrabacher comparison, considering you're not comparing someone who made a statement you disagree with to human garbage)
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2020, 04:42:41 AM »

It's typical for atlasian liberals to be out of touch with inner cities.

AOC lives in the Bronx when she isn't in Washington DC. Only reason she might not visit is COVID quarantining.

Well surely she had time to visit the  streets since she was blowing bubbles in new york last week
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2020, 04:49:08 AM »

Shame upon you for having a reflexive and masturbatory obsession with painting your ideological opponent as endorsing a position he does not himself take.
dude, the red avatars here have competitions to see who can do this more often (it's the only thing that would make any sense considering how often it happens)
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2020, 05:39:21 AM »

Well surely she had time to visit the  streets since she was blowing bubbles in new york last week
She... probably did have time and very possibly did spend time in public. You're trying to paint some sort of negative picture with a brush and canvas but no paint, amigo.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2020, 05:43:55 AM »

Wow, I got bingo early on in this thread!

Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2020, 08:10:59 AM »
« Edited: July 14, 2020, 02:00:31 PM by Biden 2020, Haley 2024 »

Guys, the point of the AOC-King comparison is that Steve King was an embarrassment to his party who eventually got beat in a primary.  That's all there is to it.  The backup comparison would be Dana Rohrabacher.

Matt Gaetz and Louis Gohmert are also embarrassing but didn't lose their primaries.

Alan Grayson is another apt comparison.
One got primaried and once is a likely future POTUS so I don't see that as a good comparison.

I look forward to her winning a single primary by 1%, having to listen to weeks of her being referred to as the nominee and being ordered to "bend the knee, smoothbrain", and then watching her get BTFO'd in forty states by Biden's VP.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2020, 08:14:48 AM »

She... probably did have time and very possibly did spend time in public. You're trying to paint some sort of negative picture with a brush and canvas but no paint, amigo.

Im only doing what the deranged left does.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2020, 08:17:20 AM »

Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2020, 10:23:29 AM »

Not a fan of her politics, but I would KILL for that hair, doe. 

Why? Yours seems perfectly fine.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2020, 11:13:51 AM »

Not a fan of her politics, but I would KILL for that hair, doe. 

Why? Yours seems perfectly fine.

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2020, 12:08:58 PM »
« Edited: July 14, 2020, 12:14:50 PM by PQG and Libertarian Republican Pimp Slapped Coronavirus! »

I think what you mean is you've been drinking too much of your own Kool-Aid about some really inaccurate stereotype about liberals being upper middle class professionals who don't "get it", unlike you gritty 'down' libertarian types who know what inner city residents truly want and need are (checks notes) cutting upper income tax rates and slashing Public Services.

Once again, conservatives Dodge the all too touchy for them point that on most issues inner city residence are every bit as liberal as the latte liberals conservatives like to strawman. Sure, you'll probably find someone weaker support for gay and trans rights compared at least two other Democrats who are white, but still more supportive than the nation as a whole.

On this particular issue, go right ahead into the inner city sometime, dude, and try to argue contrary to what AOC is. See just how much of a "white liberal" position the issue of mass over incarceration is in the Inner City..

Lol! I literally can't believe you actually opposed an attack on America's vastly disproportionate incarceration rate, first as a supposed libertarian, and then with the audacity for supposedly speaking for "the inner city". Lololol.

I don't put you on ignore because you are comedy gold every time you post.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2020, 12:18:46 PM »

"Two wrongs make a right" - yet another blue avatar
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2020, 01:02:39 PM »

I think what you mean is you've been drinking too much of your own Kool-Aid about some really inaccurate stereotype about liberals being upper middle class professionals who don't "get it", unlike you gritty 'down' libertarian types who know what inner city residents truly want and need are (checks notes) cutting upper income tax rates and slashing Public Services.

Once again, conservatives Dodge the all too touchy for them point that on most issues inner city residence are every bit as liberal as the latte liberals conservatives like to strawman. Sure, you'll probably find someone weaker support for gay and trans rights compared at least two other Democrats who are white, but still more supportive than the nation as a whole.

On this particular issue, go right ahead into the inner city sometime, dude, and try to argue contrary to what AOC is. See just how much of a "white liberal" position the issue of mass over incarceration is in the Inner City..

Lol! I literally can't believe you actually opposed an attack on America's vastly disproportionate incarceration rate, first as a supposed libertarian, and then with the audacity for supposedly speaking for "the inner city". Lololol.

You have a tendency to bring up my libertarian beliefs when they are completely irrelevant. I never once implied libertarians "get it". In fact, I'd argue most don't. They are mostly like you white liberals: sheltered and completely detached from inner cities.

"Once again, conservatives Dodge the all too touchy for them point that on most issues inner city residence are every bit as liberal as the latte liberals conservatives like to strawman."

This isn't really true at all and only furthers my point.

"On this particular issue, go right ahead into the inner city sometime, dude, and try to argue contrary to what AOC is. See just how much of a "white liberal" position the issue of mass over incarceration is in the Inner City.."

I like how you bring up mass incarceration in a thread about higher crime rates due to the war on police virtue signaling instead implementing police reform. Another tactic you lefties love using: completely side-stepping the issue and trying to claim the moral high ground. The irony of this is libertarians have been more critical on police than the left and have been more willing to actually restrict the ability of the police. But go on with your abolish the police because of mass incarceration. Such a strong selling point. That's totally what inner cities want right?

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2020, 01:20:52 PM »

You have a tendency to bring up my libertarian beliefs when they are completely irrelevant. I never once implied libertarians "get it". In fact, I'd argue most don't. They are mostly like you white liberals: sheltered and completely detached from inner cities.

"Once again, conservatives Dodge the all too touchy for them point that on most issues inner city residence are every bit as liberal as the latte liberals conservatives like to strawman."

"On this particular issue, go right ahead into the inner city sometime, dude, and try to argue contrary to what AOC is. See just how much of a "white liberal" position the issue of mass over incarceration is in the Inner City.."

I like how you bring up mass incarceration in a thread about higher crime rates due to the war on police virtue signaling instead implementing police reform. Another tactic you lefties love using: completely side-stepping the issue and trying to claim the moral high ground. The irony of this is libertarians have been more critical on police than the left and have been more willing to actually restrict the ability of the police. But go on with your abolish the police because of mass incarceration. Such a strong selling point. That's totally what inner cities want right?

Find one post. One single solitary post where is ever called for abolishing the police. You really need to learn what you're talking about, just once.

And yes. Even though I oppose outright abolishing the police is only a handful of extremists actually support - - as opposed to full-scale police reform and effectively neutering police Union involvement / representation-- I'm not so clueless as to deny that do I disagree with is in fact very popular in the Inner City right now. Any attempt by you to deny that is, somehow, even more clueless than everything you posted them. But hey, go for it!
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2020, 01:25:31 PM »

you might even get a full house with this thread lol
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2020, 01:47:17 PM »

Find one post. One single solitary post where is ever called for abolishing the police. You really need to learn what you're talking about, just once.

And yes. Even though I oppose outright abolishing the police is only a handful of extremists actually support - - as opposed to full-scale police reform and effectively neutering police Union involvement / representation-- I'm not so clueless as to deny that do I disagree with is in fact very popular in the Inner City right now. Any attempt by you to deny that is, somehow, even more clueless than everything you posted them. But hey, go for it!

The Squad started the defund the police movement which is really just abolish the police. Keep pretending it isn't though.

Please show me data on inner cities wanting the police to be abolished.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2020, 02:25:55 PM »

LOL, chill out guys.
I'm too old and too far away for this sh**t.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2020, 02:28:03 PM »

LOL, chill out guys.
I'm too old and too far away for this sh**t.

Did Atlas just catch him SIMPING?!
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2020, 02:29:01 PM »

Quote from: Les Miserables
Javert: Now bring me prisoner 24601! Your time is up and your parole's begun! You know what that means?

Valjean: Yes, it means I'm free!

Javert: NO! It means you get your yellow ticket of leave! You are a thief!

Valjean: I stole a loaf of bread!

Javert: You robbed a house!

Valjean: I broke a windowpane. My sister's child was close to death and we were starving-

Javert: You will starve again unless you learn the meaning of the law!

Valjean: I know the meaning of those 19 years. A slave to the law...

Javert: Five years for what you did! The rest because you tried to run! Yes 24601!

Valjean: My name is Jean Valjean!

Javert: And I'm Javert! Do not forget my name! Do not forget me...24601!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2020, 07:32:09 PM »

Please, I said neolibs. Triggering the cons is easy enough it's not much of an achievement.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2020, 08:36:14 PM »

Why is a 30 year old novice politician being blamed or mocked for the status quo of violence in the inner cities that has gone on for decades before she was even born?

Maybe if we had more AOC style politicians we wouldn't have the massive inequality that creates gun violence, not just murders but also suicides.

Reasons AOC is being mocked:

1.  She is the product of a wealthy suburb, and not the "inner city".

2.  It is evident to all that the current Marxist Riots are not "bread riots".

I would never vote for AOC, but I do admire her saavy.  I do believe her 2018 primary win stems from an ability to see the incumbent's vulnerability at a time when the incumbent (Rep. Joe Crowley, Democrat-Queens) was an awesome accomplishment.  She's certainly more saavy, politically and legislatively, than the rest of the squad.  Ilhan Omar is a ranting anti-American idiot, while Rashida Tlaib and Ayanna Pressley appear to be backbenching mediocrities, but AOC is the one who actually has both audacity and media savvy.  She could well succeed Schumer in the Senate.  This is meant as a compliment.  I would never vote for AOC, but there are a number of Democrats (and even a few Republicans) whose electoral demise I would rather see than AOC's.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies