Trump defends frequent golfing, says his exercise is playing (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:26:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump defends frequent golfing, says his exercise is playing (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump defends frequent golfing, says his exercise is playing  (Read 537 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: July 12, 2020, 04:40:03 PM »

Donald Trump's most casually broken promise
"I'm going to be working for you," he told a campaign rally crowd in August 2016. "I'm not going to have time to play golf."

"I love golf, but if I were in the White House, I don't think I'd ever see Turnberry again," he said in February 2016, referring to the famous course he owns in Scotland. "I don't think I'd ever see Doral again," he added, referring to the famous course he owns in Miami. "I don't ever think I'd see anything — I just want to stay in the White House and work my ass off, make great deals, right? Who's gonna leave?"

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 12:11:05 AM »

One thing I find odd about Mr. Trump's golfing: the lack of coverage of it.

Oh, the pool reports when he goes to a golf course. But all we ever get are fuzzy telephoto shots. For such an egomaniac as Mr. Trump, you'd think he'd want more coverage of something he loves to brag about. Even if he was reluctant to allow comparatively unrestricted media access for fear they'd catch him cheating, or just point out how bad he is, I'd think there would be a few more staged photo ops.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies