Texas (UT-Tyler) - Biden +5 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:13:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Texas (UT-Tyler) - Biden +5 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Texas (UT-Tyler) - Biden +5  (Read 4198 times)
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« on: July 12, 2020, 10:46:23 PM »

The thing that you have to realize is that Texas polling is very inaccurate right now due to the pandemic.

A lot of people are not answering their phones because contact tracers keep calling everyone to try to tell them they may be infected with the virus. Nobody wants to hear that, and the people who want to hear that least of all are Republicans Trump supporters who believe that the virus is a hoax. Why waste your time talking to a contact tracer for a host virus?

So for this reason there are a lot fewer Trump supporters responding to polls at the moment than usual. So this poll is probably about 10 points too favorable for Biden, which means Trump is up by 5.

So Texas is safe Republican.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 10:48:36 PM »

UT-Tyler Poll2018 Texas Exit Poll 2016 Texas Exit Poll
Democrat38%34%29%
Independent22%27%33%
Republican39%39%38%
Liberal31%22%20%
Moderate28%35%36%
Conservative38%43%44%

Maybe this poll is bit skewed towards liberals and Dems, but nonetheless these are bad looking numbers for Trump

This just goes to prove my point. Conservatives are not talking to pollsters because someone calling from an unknown number on the phone may be a contact tracer. Only liberals and Democrats are answering their phones in Texas currently, because they love contact tracing.

So this is really a junk poll and should be thrown out.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 10:51:23 PM »

"Yeah summer 2020 was a pretty rough time. I lost my job because of COVID-induced economic chaos, my grandfather died from COVID, and my neighbor got saddled with thousands of dollars in medical bills from her COVID-induced hospital stay. But thankfully this was just another Trump scandal that I'll be able to forget about come next week, when I can tell pollsters I'm back to approving Donald Trump's performance as president."

Death is just a state of mind. And once it is out of sight, it will be out of mind, because you know what they say - "out of sight, out of mind."

So Greg Abbott will just have the Texas state government stop recording the deaths and it will all go away and disappear, along with stopping testing. Can we please slow down the testing, no more tests.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 12:14:03 PM »

The thing that you have to realize is that Texas polling is very inaccurate right now due to the pandemic.

A lot of people are not answering their phones because contact tracers keep calling everyone to try to tell them they may be infected with the virus. Nobody wants to hear that, and the people who want to hear that least of all are Republicans Trump supporters who believe that the virus is a hoax. Why waste your time talking to a contact tracer for a host virus?

So for this reason there are a lot fewer Trump supporters responding to polls at the moment than usual. So this poll is probably about 10 points too favorable for Biden, which means Trump is up by 5.

So Texas is safe Republican.

5 points up is lean, not safe.

How about a compromise? Let's split the difference and call it "Likely"?
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2020, 12:14:42 PM »

This is one of the dumbest things my drunk ass has ever read

Love
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies