Content Quality, Echo Chambers, and more (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:09:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Content Quality, Echo Chambers, and more (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Content Quality, Echo Chambers, and more  (Read 2257 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: July 13, 2020, 03:30:57 PM »

Well, I'll just say that I think very few people would argue that human dignity is not negotiable, because that would require among other things to forgive all the most heinious crimes that humans have managed to commit over their years on Earth, and that is an *extremely* *difficult* thing to do for a human being.

If you think human dignity is not negotiable, obviously you've never watched "reality" TV.  Mock
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 08:10:14 PM »

Well, I'll just say that I think very few people would argue that human dignity is not negotiable, because that would require among other things to forgive all the most heinious crimes that humans have managed to commit over their years on Earth, and that is an *extremely* *difficult* thing to do for a human being.

If you think human dignity is not negotiable, obviously you've never watched "reality" TV.  Mock

Your answer is kind of tacky given that I was referring to things like, say, Nazi concentration camps...

Since this is a U.S. political forum, Nazis aren't even the tenth thing to come to mind if you mention the 1930s here. 1930s rhetoric would be from FDR or Huey Long.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 07:23:46 AM »

Your answer is kind of tacky given that I was referring to things like, say, Nazi concentration camps...

Since this is a U.S. political forum, Nazis aren't even the tenth thing to come to mind if you mention the 1930s here. 1930s rhetoric would be from FDR or Huey Long.

I didn't mention 1930s. Don't confuse posts. I said "humans over their years on Earth".

Sev mentioned the 1930s in the post you replied to. Frankly, without that temporal link, you thinking "Nazi concentration camps" is the obvious thing that cones to mind from your remarks is even more baffling .
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 04:28:44 PM »

There's also the unfortunate fact that politics in general has become more tribal.  I wonder, does anyone know when "moderate hero" first became a term of scorn here?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies