What signs in the early returns in FL on Election Night will indicate Biden or Trump will win it? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:36:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  What signs in the early returns in FL on Election Night will indicate Biden or Trump will win it? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What signs in the early returns in FL on Election Night will indicate Biden or Trump will win it?  (Read 1706 times)
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« on: July 11, 2020, 08:48:21 PM »

As a lifelong Pasco County resident, I can attest to the accuracy of these statements too

Edit: however Trump is going to absolutely dominate Pasco. Look for him to win by no less than 50,000 votes. He is a ing G.O.D to these people here

Isn't Pasco County that one on Live PD where white people are constantly getting arrested outside of bars?  If so, it definitely seems like Trump Country.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 08:50:50 PM »

I'm curious how the rural areas that report early (if any) vote.  I feel like if Trump has any slippage (in turnout or margin) he's toast nationally.  I suspect turnout will be slightly higher in big cities and Trump is going to lose a lot of ground margin-wise in the suburbs.  So I think Trump really needs to accelerate his 2016 gains in the rural areas and exurbs.  Just a repeat probably won't be enough.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 11:43:49 PM »

I'm curious how the rural areas that report early (if any) vote.  I feel like if Trump has any slippage (in turnout or margin) he's toast nationally.  I suspect turnout will be slightly higher in big cities and Trump is going to lose a lot of ground margin-wise in the suburbs.  So I think Trump really needs to accelerate his 2016 gains in the rural areas and exurbs.  Just a repeat probably won't be enough.

That's one thing I'll be looking for too early in the night. If anything, Trump needs to somehow squeeze more votes out of rural and exurban America (Pasco) than he did in 2016 because the suburbs are going to be nasty for him. Just keeping his 2016 rural and exurban margins probably isn't enough for any states to the left of Georgia.

Yeah.  As a general matter the rural and exurban areas are shrinking compared to the suburbs... maybe not as bad in Florida as elsewhere but it seems like if suburban turnout is through the roof like it was in the primaries then Trump is going to have to get not just really huge margins out of rural America but elevated turnout as well.  Seems like turnout was already high in 2016 so he's working with a high baseline that may be hard to maintain with the generally shrinking populations.   Demographics might finally be catching up with the GOP beyond just CO/VA.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies