Enthusiasm for Trump in Minnesota is off the charts!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:15:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Enthusiasm for Trump in Minnesota is off the charts!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Enthusiasm for Trump in Minnesota is off the charts!  (Read 1290 times)
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2020, 05:32:04 AM »

I still don't think he'll win MN but that is a good sign for him there.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2020, 08:18:43 AM »

I live in rural Minnesota (Trump country) and the enthusiasm of his "true believers" is off the charts. This is an area where we seldom even get lawn signs close to the election  and I already know of at least 3 huge ass Trump flags being flown and a near billboard sized Trump lawn sign in someones yard. Now lawn signs and flags don't vote but don't try and kid yourself that his base is not enthusiastic.

literallly no one has said that.. we all know the "cult" believers are excited. they represent a small % though
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2020, 10:28:18 AM »

MN hasnt voted R since 1972, stop with this MN going red.

If any states go red it's either PA or WI, MN has the longest blue winning streak and even RI voter R in 1984
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2020, 02:59:13 PM »

Yes, Donald Koresh and his followers of Branch Trumpvidians have drank the kool-aid. We know already.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2020, 03:33:59 PM »

I live in rural Minnesota (Trump country) and the enthusiasm of his "true believers" is off the charts. This is an area where we seldom even get lawn signs close to the election  and I already know of at least 3 huge ass Trump flags being flown and a near billboard sized Trump lawn sign in someones yard. Now lawn signs and flags don't vote but don't try and kid yourself that his base is not enthusiastic.
In case you didn't notice, I believe 7 counties went for Clinton in Minnesota, and Minnesota still went for Clinton. Corn doesn't vote, people vote.

For the record I expect Biden to win Minnesota comfortably.  just trying to point out it is not going to be as easy as some here think.

The real question is what Minnesota's pvi will be. I wouldn't be surprised if the next time a Republican narrowly wins the popular vote for president, they carry Minnesota.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2020, 03:41:04 PM »

In case you didn't notice, I believe 7 counties went for Clinton in Minnesota, and Minnesota still went for Clinton. Corn doesn't vote, people vote.

For the record I expect Biden to win Minnesota comfortably.  just trying to point out it is not going to be as easy as some here think.

Precisely. And those of us on a responsible psephology board such as this one should make it our task to understand and empathize with where these people are coming from, rather than deride those (such as myself) who admit the truth.

You can be cognizantly aware of the passion of Trump's base while still realizing that the true believers constitute 40% of the country at best. You do not do that.

And Joe Biden's true believers are what-- 5% 10%? That is why I look at things like voter registration statistics, which shows that Democrats have lost ground overall in key battleground states since 2016.

In any case, the question is-- Trump's approval rating should be 15%. We are in the worst economic crisis since WWII, a mishandled pandemic that has killed 130,000, a deeply corrupt president who has betrayed national security. So why are 40% still 'true believers'? This is an interesting question.

You can get 40% of the country to believe anything. 35% of the country still believed Nixon when he resigned.

I believe Nixon's approval rating dropped as low as 29% just before resignation.

Perhaps the biggest reason is the abolition of the fairness Doctrine. It was a minor blip on the news at the time, but even in my late teens I thought to myself that was going to have a huge impact. It did in spades. Now you have pretty much 40% of the country who get their (mis)information, either via the old-fashioned boob-tube or online, from Fox News and, Rising quickly, oann. Add to that the right-wing blogosphere and Facebook memes of minimal accuracy being passed around like-minded friends and family, and you have 40% of the country living in an active information bubble / Echo chamber.

Thus, All the Above issues and problems can be readily explained away as caused or at least exaggerated by liberals to undermine president Trump, or otherwise being handled by President Trump as best as anyone could. Completely devoid of reality of course, but people who watch Fox News aren't doing so because they're interested in the news. Trump would have been run out of Washington on a rail, or probably never even elected, if people weren't able to get a Fox filtered version of reality.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2020, 03:55:42 PM »

I don't believe anyone has ever claimed that his base is anything other than slavishly loyal and very enthusiastic. But that's far beside the point that is sarcastically being made here by OP. Trump's base could be the most enthusiastic, fired-up voting bloc in the damn world, and it doesn't change the fact that they are far outnumbered by anti-trump voters. Trump may run up huge margins in rural Minnesota, but Biden will turn around and run up bigger #'s and margins than Hillary did in urban and suburban Minnesota, completely negating any gains made by trump in rural areas. Biden wins Minnesota by somewhere between 6-10%
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2020, 09:34:11 PM »

Precisely. And those of us on a responsible psephology board such as this one should make it our task to understand and empathize with where these people are coming from, rather than deride those (such as myself) who admit the truth.

There's a difference between expressing concern occasionally and being a full-time concern troll.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies