Enthusiasm for Trump in Minnesota is off the charts!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:02:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Enthusiasm for Trump in Minnesota is off the charts!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Enthusiasm for Trump in Minnesota is off the charts!  (Read 1289 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 11, 2020, 05:24:59 PM »

Don't you just feel it?

Kuumo

P P
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 05:33:21 PM »

Just wait til you see how many boats they have!
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 05:43:55 PM »

No, you don’t get it. The grass is the silent majority.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 06:08:35 PM »

There were supposed to be more people but once again Black Lives Matters protesters stopped them from going...somehow.
LiberalDem19

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -6.26

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2020, 08:38:05 PM »

I see the 10 Trump supporters in MN03 showed up
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2020, 08:54:44 PM »

I live in rural Minnesota (Trump country) and the enthusiasm of his "true believers" is off the charts. This is an area where we seldom even get lawn signs close to the election  and I already know of at least 3 huge ass Trump flags being flown and a near billboard sized Trump lawn sign in someones yard. Now lawn signs and flags don't vote but don't try and kid yourself that his base is not enthusiastic.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2020, 08:58:11 PM »

I live in rural Minnesota (Trump country) and the enthusiasm of his "true believers" is off the charts. This is an area where we seldom even get lawn signs close to the election  and I already know of at least 3 huge ass Trump flags being flown and a near billboard sized Trump lawn sign in someones yard. Now lawn signs and flags don't vote but don't try and kid yourself that his base is not enthusiastic.
In case you didn't notice, I believe 7 counties went for Clinton in Minnesota, and Minnesota still went for Clinton. Corn doesn't vote, people vote.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2020, 09:06:04 PM »

Minnesota might go red based on this. One of the ancedotal things I remember hearing about a reporter in 2016 saying that she saw a lot of people put up Trump signs and banners, seeing a horse having "Trump" branded on him, in the rural rust belt states which may have given a hint that Trump was gonna be President.
Bomster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.13, S: -7.95

P P
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2020, 09:55:35 PM »

Minnesota might go red based on this. One of the ancedotal things I remember hearing about a reporter in 2016 saying that she saw a lot of people put up Trump signs and banners, seeing a horse having "Trump" branded on him, in the rural rust belt states which may have given a hint that Trump was gonna be President.
Trumpism has become their culture.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2020, 10:19:23 PM »

In case you didn't notice, I believe 7 counties went for Clinton in Minnesota, and Minnesota still went for Clinton. Corn doesn't vote, people vote.

For the record I expect Biden to win Minnesota comfortably.  just trying to point out it is not going to be as easy as some here think.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2020, 10:22:30 PM »

For the record I expect Biden to win Minnesota comfortably.  just trying to point out it is not going to be as easy as some here think.

Precisely. And those of us on a responsible psephology board such as this one should make it our task to understand and empathize with where these people are coming from, rather than deride those (such as myself) who admit the truth.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2020, 10:23:29 PM »

Seeing a passionate few flying flags doesn’t mean much. There are folks who fly the Confederate flag in Minnesota. That doesn’t make Minnesota a Confederate.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2020, 10:25:20 PM »

Precisely. And those of us on a responsible psephology board such as this one should make it our task to understand and empathize with where these people are coming from, rather than deride those (such as myself) who admit the truth.

You can be cognizantly aware of the passion of Trump's base while still realizing that the true believers constitute 40% of the country at best. You do not do that.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2020, 10:34:20 PM »

You can be cognizantly aware of the passion of Trump's base while still realizing that the true believers constitute 40% of the country at best. You do not do that.

And Joe Biden's true believers are what-- 5% 10%? That is why I look at things like voter registration statistics, which shows that Democrats have lost ground overall in key battleground states since 2016.

In any case, the question is-- Trump's approval rating should be 15%. We are in the worst economic crisis since WWII, a mishandled pandemic that has killed 130,000, a deeply corrupt president who has betrayed national security. So why are 40% still 'true believers'? This is an interesting question.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2020, 10:38:44 PM »

And Joe Biden's true believers are what-- 5% 10%? That is why I look at things like voter registration statistics, which shows that Democrats have lost ground overall in key battleground states since 2016.

In any case, the question is-- Trump's approval rating should be 15%. We are in the worst economic crisis since WWII, a mishandled pandemic that has killed 130,000, a deeply corrupt president who has betrayed national security. So why are 40% still 'true believers'? This is an interesting question.

You can get 40% of the country to believe anything. 35% of the country still believed Nixon when he resigned.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2020, 10:40:01 PM »

That is why I look at things like voter registration statistics, which shows that Democrats have lost ground overall in key battleground states since 2016.

I think this is just former registered Democrats switching their affiliation to match how they vote. Lots of that happening in Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia I imagine.

You can get 40% of the country to believe anything. 35% of the country still believed Nixon when he resigned.

That's really comforting, actually. Gives me hope that a few years from now the Trumpists may snap out of it.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2020, 10:43:22 PM »

That is why I look at things like voter registration statistics, which shows that Democrats have lost ground overall in key battleground states since 2016.

I think this is just former registered Democrats switching their affiliation to match how they vote. Lots of that happening in Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia I imagine.

That's really comforting, actually. Gives me hope that a few years from now the Trumpists may snap out of it.

They'll latch onto the new crazy of the day, likely Tucker Carlson
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2020, 10:56:03 PM »

By January 1974, Nixon's approval rating had tumbled to 28%, and by the time he resigned, 24%. That's far lower than Trump's. The GOP would probably abandon Trump (just like they did Nixon) if his approval rating went that low. But it's nowhere close.

https://historyinpieces.com/research/nixon-approval-ratings
Mail-order President
Dark Horse

Political Matrix
E: 0.50, S: -3.00

P P P
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2020, 10:56:22 PM »

Is there a poll that says this? Nixon's approval when he resigned was 24%.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2020, 10:59:44 PM »

There are a lot of boaters in Minnesota...
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2020, 11:04:28 PM »

What you have to realize with this, most Democratic voters are not cult-minded and don't vote based on some personality cult.
Bomster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.13, S: -7.95

P P
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2020, 01:16:13 AM »

Did Obama voters wave flags and wear hats and stuff?
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2020, 01:29:17 AM »
« Edited: July 12, 2020, 03:20:38 AM by Teflon Joe »

There were supposed to be more people but once again Black Lives Matters protesters stopped them from going...somehow.

Don't forget ACORN and the Black Panthers that intimidated the real Americans trying to attend as well.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2020, 03:13:03 AM »

Hoover still got 39.7% of the vote despite the depression being ongoing for years at that point and the bonus army incident.

WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2020, 03:19:24 AM »

Hoover still got 39.7% of the vote despite the depression being ongoing for years at that point and the bonus army incident.

Also Biden doesn’t have true believers because Democrats aren’t deranged Cultists. His normal supporters make up over 50% of the country.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies