CDC: Full Reopening of Schools and Colleges Presents 'Highest Risk' for Spread of COVID-19 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:07:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  CDC: Full Reopening of Schools and Colleges Presents 'Highest Risk' for Spread of COVID-19 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CDC: Full Reopening of Schools and Colleges Presents 'Highest Risk' for Spread of COVID-19  (Read 982 times)
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« on: July 11, 2020, 01:56:27 PM »

Lots of teachers will be retiring or not returning to work should schools reopen in an unsafe way.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 02:21:41 AM »

I have mixed feelings about reopening schools given the risk of the spread is relatively low and children are a low-risk demographic, and being away from physical schooling has a lot of negative educational and social consequences. However if the virus is too prevalent then even relatively less risky measures like school reopenings will be too dangerous. So for states like Arizona, Florida and Texas it is a bad idea. However, it should be a priority for the government and definitely should be done before stuff like bar reopenings (which is much higher risk). I don't know exactly which states it would be safe in though.

The kids may be low risk but the teachers aren't. And with teachers tending toward more susceptible demographics and difficulty finding enough good teachers as it is, and few substitutes willing to work in this environment, there's a lot more to consider. I'm happy that you're able to live in a country that is able to work toward a common interest, and in many ways envious. It's tough to strike a balance and here in the US we are likely to see a lose-lose rather than a win-win.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies