CDC: Full Reopening of Schools and Colleges Presents 'Highest Risk' for Spread of COVID-19 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:29:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  CDC: Full Reopening of Schools and Colleges Presents 'Highest Risk' for Spread of COVID-19 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CDC: Full Reopening of Schools and Colleges Presents 'Highest Risk' for Spread of COVID-19  (Read 1007 times)
AndyHogan14

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -6.61

« on: July 13, 2020, 01:24:03 AM »

My school district just approved a plan in which students will be separated into two cohorts and cohort "A" coming to school on Tuesdays and Thursdays and cohort "B" in school on Wednesdays and Fridays. Mondays will be a "collaboration" day in which teachers check in with students that are 100% online (around 10% of our parents opted for that) and for everyone to receive some sort of online lesson.

At all levels, there will be a maximum of 15 desks (the maximum number we could fit in a room with them all being six feet apart) with all non-essential furniture being moved to storage. Secondary students will remain in the same classroom all day with teachers changing rooms (I hate this part because my room has significantly more technology than some of the others) and all secondary students will also be required to wear masks. Teachers will be provided masks and a face shield and we will be required to wear at least one (preferably both). I have also heard (but it has not been confirmed) that were are going to be required to keep our doors and windows open (luckily they all open to the outside) and that the HVAC system should not be used. The after school program is going to be greatly expanded to allow for students to be looked after on days when they are supposed to be at home. The program expansion is actually going to force the fifth grade to move to the middle school which would normally not work but next year's fourth, fifth, and sixth grades are all small (they were born in the midst of the last recession).

I am hoping that this plan works because, while I would know the 8th graders (I teach 7th and 8th), trying to get to know my 7th graders online would be a struggle. Also, this plan would also allow us to slide easily back into regular schooling if the conditions warrant it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies