CDC: Full Reopening of Schools and Colleges Presents 'Highest Risk' for Spread of COVID-19 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:44:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  CDC: Full Reopening of Schools and Colleges Presents 'Highest Risk' for Spread of COVID-19 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CDC: Full Reopening of Schools and Colleges Presents 'Highest Risk' for Spread of COVID-19  (Read 976 times)
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« on: July 12, 2020, 01:33:15 AM »

If we had enough teachers, what I wish could happen for K-8th:

- 1 teacher with 5 students
- Classrooms in various businesses/locations that aren't being used because of the virus to help lessen interaction at arrival time and virus spread via HVAC
- teacher teaches all subjects (like usual for lower elementary)
- paper sack lunches prepared by the district and picked up by the teacher
- high schoolers would unfortunately mostly get distance learning, but with breaks where physical activity is encouraged every day
- temperature checks every morning

However, we don't have enough teachers for 1 teacher to 30 students, let alone something like this that would basically make it like a small learning family and help reduce possible interactions if someone does have it. The lives of teachers, staff, at-risk family members, and the kids themselves aren't worth forcing this. Safety has to come first.

What I'd truly like is for every family to be given enough money for one parent/guardian to be home with kids and help them with school, as well as a district special ed person to be assigned to every family with a kid who has a IEP. I know families who can afford to stay home but are not equipped to teach their child with special needs. But our country won't even cough up enough to help people avoid eviction, so expecting a UBI fur the duration of this crisis is too much.

I have four close friends who are teachers and I am so worried about them. I'm worried about their kids. There's just no good answers, but forcing schools to act like everything is fine and run like normal is the worst answer.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies