Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:19:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread  (Read 7318 times)
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« on: August 06, 2020, 06:12:46 AM »

Mailer sent to Alaska voters with full page ad buys in local newspapers as follows:

Anchorage Daily News – Anchorage
Daily Sitka Sentinel – Sitka
Fairbanks Daily News-Miner – Fairbanks
Juneau Empire – Juneau
Ketchikan Daily News – Ketchikan
Kodiak Daily Mirror – Kodiak
Peninsula Clarion – Kenai

Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 06:35:00 AM »
« Edited: August 17, 2020, 04:35:02 AM by Tamika Jackson »

Mailer sent to Michigan voters with full page ad buys in local newspapers as noted below:

Michigan Newspapers
Spoiler alert! Click Show to show the content.

Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2020, 06:30:05 AM »

Campaign Kickoff

Greetings everyone and a big thank you to Chancellor Ninja!

It is great to be here in Detroit. I do wish it was under better times, yet if there is one thing I know about Detroit and Michigan, it's how resilient you can be no matter what you face.

The COVID pandemic is the greatest test of our community that we have seen since World War II. We must take care of each other. Yet at the same time, the government needs to take care of us. We cannot just continue racing back to normal when there are still actively spreading cases. This fall, the question of what to do with our children is on the top of our minds.

As Chancellor Ninja said though, education is the path to opportunity. Our teachers and school superintendents have done a fantastic job this past spring to convert their classrooms to virtual learning environments. They have pushed the envelope when it comes to engaging with their students.

Yet again, as my colleague noted, there is so much red tape that surrounds education, from curriculum to lack of funding to inherent barriers to innovation. It shouldn't take a pandemic for our teachers to finally be allowed to show their creativity and ingenuity in the vast, varied ways they can educate our children.

Teachers leave a lasting impact for the next generation and as your Atlasia Representative, I want to be sure that Lincoln schools don't get left behind at the Federal level.

We only have one life and one future. Let's make the most of it! I am willing to fight for each and every one of you, not just in Michigan, yet across the region. As your Representative, we can lift up not just our education, yet better our lives. Let's lift Lincoln up to new levels and new heights together!

Vote beeman - Tamika Jackson this August!

Thank you!
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2020, 04:02:11 AM »

Alaska Radio Ad in Markets Listed Below

Quote from: Blue Collar Male Narrator
Alaska is one of the most beautiful, greenest states in Atlasia. Just look around us.

Don't let the Green Party tell you it isn't. They decided to team up with Labour. Did you know Labour's platform includes a provision that calls for the nationalization of our energy companies? The very same companies that are the lifeblood for all Alaskans and the PFD*. Don't let the Greens and Labour take money out of your pocket. Vote Democratic Alliance!

Proudly paid for by the Alaska Democratic Alliance.

* = Permanent Fund Dividend. Alaskans know it as the PFD, an annual check from an investment fund where a portion of Alaska oil revenues go.

Alaska Radio Markets
Spoiler alert! Click Show to show the content.

Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2020, 04:33:52 AM »

CAMPAIGN VISIT
U.S. Steel Gary Works-Midwest Plant in Portage, IN

Tamika Jackson toured the plant, wearing a face-mask and spoke to workers who were spaced out on the plant floor.

Quote from: Tamika Jackson
What you are doing here to keep Atlasian manufacturing going during an unprecedented pandemic is amazing. You embody the Atlasian spirit of resilience.

U.S. Steel has been one of the backbone corporations for Atlasian steel production and this plant in Indiana is important to the region, not only for jobs, yet also the very steel you produce that goes to our ships, buildings, and even railways.

I am sure you recognize the importance of the upcoming election. I also understand that many of you may support the principles of Labor, which is perfectly alright-- heck, if I was a steel mill worker, a party that supports Labor sounds pretty darn good to me.

Yet I want to let you know about another option, one that is not as extreme as Labor and promotes Atlasian values like capitalism while also protecting workers' rights and benefits. That option is the Democratic Alliance.

You see, if you look up what Labor actually stands for, you'll see they support the collective ownership, essentially the nationalization of Atlasia's railways, at #18 in their platform. Now, I don't think I have to tell you how disastrous Amtrak is to travel outside the Northeast corridor. Just imagine how the railways would operate if the Atlasian government owned them! There would be a trickle down effect that would cause second and third-order effects such as an impact to steel demand.

This election, vote for a party that will really protect your jobs and benefits by voting Democratic Alliance. Thank you all for what you are doing during this pandemic and thank you for producing Atlasia's steel. Dave bless you!
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2020, 04:47:55 AM »

Direct Mailer & Newspaper Ad

Mailer sent to Puerto Rico voters & full page ad buys in local newspapers as noted below:

Puerto Rico & Miami Newspapers
Diario Las Amιricas - Miami
El Especialito - Miami
El Nuevo Herald - Miami
Caribbean Business - San Juan
Claridad - San Juan
De Todo - Carolina
Es Noticia - Ponce
La Esquina - Maunabo
El Laurel Sureρo - Ponce
NotiCel - San Juan
Noticias Sur P.R. - Ponce
El Nuevo Dνa - Guaynabo
La Opiniσn del Sur - Ponce
La Perla del Sur   - Ponce
Presencia - Carolina
Primera Hora - Guaynabo
San Juan Star - San Juan
Tribunal del Pueblo - Gurabo
El Vocero   - San Juan
Voces del Sur - Ponce
El Sol de Puerto Rico - Ponce
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2020, 04:51:42 AM »
« Edited: August 18, 2020, 08:56:54 PM by Tamika Jackson »

Direct Mailer to Miami Voters

Front

Back
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2020, 04:37:11 AM »

Oklahoma Mailer & Billboards

Sent to Oklahoma voters and seen on billboards throughout Oklahoma.

The reverse has information on the local and statewide Democratic Alliance candidates as well as a promise to create and enforce COVID protections in schools.
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2020, 03:57:31 AM »

CAMPAIGN VISIT
Candidate on your Corner at Meijer #64 in Ann Arbor, MI

Tamika Jackson toured the store, wearing a face-mask, and met with customers and workers. At the end of the tour, she spoke to some workers and gathered customers outside the store who socially distanced.

Our frontline grocery workers are our lifesavers now. You are essential workers who are heroes during this pandemic. What you are doing here to keep Atlasians fed during an unprecedented pandemic is amazing. Yet the way we show our appreciation through pay and benefits is abhorrent. Regardless of your pay, regardless of your benefits--or the fact many of you are part-time workers and have none--you have carried on. You embody the Atlasian spirit of resilience.  It shouldn't take an economic stimulus package to even raise your wages to a universal basic income.

Recently, the Lincoln Council discussed a potential 75% Tax on Alcohol. 75%! This amendment came from the Speaker of the Council who is part of the Labor Party. Thankfully it was voted down, yet these are the types of policies that Labor is advancing.

Yes, modest alcohol taxes help pay for services right here in Michigan, yet a 75% tax would drive alcohol business across regional lines to the South and Fremont. This very store is just miles away from the University of Michigan. You sell close to $2 million in alcohol per year! We can't afford a 75% alcohol tax.

Elections at every level matters. I ask you to vote for a party that truly understands your economic perspective and doesn't just use workers as a slogan. This election, vote Democratic Alliance. Thank you all for what you are doing during this pandemic and thank you for coming to work each day to allow us to buy our groceries and alcohol. Dave bless you!
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2020, 04:53:13 AM »
« Edited: August 21, 2020, 05:38:30 AM by Tamika Jackson »

TELEVISION ADVERTISEMENT
CALIFORNIA | ALASKA | SOUTH DAKOTA | OKLAHOMA | SOUTH CAROLINA | PUERTO RICO | DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA | WISCONSIN | MICHIGAN | INDIANA | MIAMI

Quote from: Young Teacher
I'm an elementary school teacher...

Quote from: Elder Teacher
...6th and 7th grade algebra...

Quote from: Teacher in a Mask
...espaρol...

I don't know about returning to school this year. You may not be able to tell, yet I have an auto-immune disorder...

...my husband is a diabetic...

...I have asthma...

The President's and Labor's plan don't go far enough to protect us from COVID. We have adults who refuse to wear a mask. Am I going to discipline kindergartners for being... kids? I can't even imagine that phone call with those parents...

The Federal regulations mandate in-person schooling for under 5% test positivity. It's simple math though, out of about 150 students that I teach, 6 are expected to catch COVID. The President finds that acceptable...

...I don't want to catch COVID. I am a mother of 3. I want to be there for my children. Being a martyr wasn't in my job description...

Which of us...

Which of us won't...

Which of us won't be here because of COVID?

I'm voting for the party that is demanding a better plan...

I don't accept incomplete work from my students, so why should we accept incomplete work from our leaders?

I'm voting Democratic Alliance.

I'm voting Democratic Alliance.

Demand more. I'm voting Democratic Alliance.

Proudly paid for by Teachers for Democratic Alliance, a traditional PAC.
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2020, 03:05:20 AM »
« Edited: August 24, 2020, 02:09:33 AM by Tamika Jackson »

TELEVISION ADVERTISEMENT
ALASKA

The following ad will run from now until Election Day in Alaska.

Quote from: Oil Driller
I'm an Alaska Native working at Doyon Limited, one of many Alaska Native Corporations*. This is the drill I work on! It's tough work, yet I'm proud to provide for my family and thankful of the opportunity to work for my Tribe.

The Alaska Native Corporations and our mineral rights are part of the Atlasian Government settlement for taking our ancestral, Native Lands. Now the politicians from Nyman are talking about nationalizing our energy companies and getting rid of oil altogether.

Our operations provide jobs to both Alaska Natives and non-Natives alike! We also contribute to the PFD.

Quote from: Alaska Native Businessman
Don't let politicians tell you what we can or cannot do with our Native Lands. That's why I'm voting Democratic Alliance. They understand Alaska and will stand up for Alaska Native Corporations without nationalizing or harming Alaska's economy.

Proudly paid for by Alaska Natives for Democratic Alliance, a traditional PAC.

Alaska Native Corporations = https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska_Native_corporation
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2020, 06:52:16 AM »

CAMPAIGN SPEECH
Roosevelt Park - Detroit, MI

Tamika Jackson spoke to supporters gathered at Roosevelt Park. Everyone was socially distanced and attendance was limited to 200.

Wow, thank you, Detroit! Thank you!

I appreciate all of the support you've given me on the campaign trail and the faith you have in me to send me to the Atlasia House of Representatives as the first elected Democratic Alliance member. I appreciate the support of my fellow Democratic Alliance members and especially to Senator Jimmy and Assemblyman Ishan for their mentorship as well as their tremendous support. Most importantly, I want to thank the volunteers for working on this campaign!

I know this party is new, yet our principles and platform are not. We stand for common-sense solutions without the complication of government!

Unlike Labour, whose leaders disavow their own party's platform, you can count on Democratic Alliance to uphold our promises.

Yet our work is not over! Labour recently put up billboards across Michigan, we have a few right here in Detroit, about finally fixing the roads. How long have we had a Labour government and they still haven't fixed the roads?

Our work is not done yet. Behind me is the Michigan Central Station which is a testament to the resilience of Detroit. The hub of rail transit in a yesteryear, after the investment by Ford Motor Company, she breathes new life.

Now, Detroit faces another economic threat: COVID. Many of the Labour politicians think we're doing just fine, yet if you look at the COVID numbers, I wouldn't call over 79,000 deaths as anything close to fine. We've all seen the latest map with states still in the red.

Yet COVID is not just a health threat, it is threatening our very economic way of life. We don't have to choose between our lives and the economy though. The automobile industry is facing a record slowdown as rental car companies are slashing their fleet purchases.

Michigan has over 600,000 manufacturing jobs, the vast majority connected to the auto-industry. We need to protect those jobs from disappearing!

When the Economic Stimulus Act was signed, our government only allocated $60 billion to the entire manufacturing sector of Atlasia. Yet back in 2009, we know that it cost $45 billion alone to bailout our top 3 automakers. How many automakers will survive COVID? How many jobs will no longer be there?

I know Detroit is resilient, yet it's time to have advocates at all levels of government who do not take Michigan's auto industry for granted!

I told you our work isn't done and this isn't all about me or our party though. We need local leaders who aren't afraid of speaking up about these issues. Democratic Alliance has proven that we will fight for you and will not back down from advocating for you.

One of those leaders is your next Governor of Michigan! Please welcome...
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2020, 11:05:13 PM »
« Edited: August 28, 2020, 11:28:18 PM by Tamika Jackson »

CAMPAIGN SPEECH
Lincoln Park - Kenosha, WI

Tamika Jackson marched with protesters that ended with speeches and music at Lincoln Park. Everyone socially distanced as much as possible and wore masks.

JACOB BLAKE! Say his name!

crowd chants Jacob Blake!

No justice!

crowd chants no peace!

Today, another black man has suffered at the hands of police brutality. Shot from behind, there was no reason for the police to shoot him--he wasn't an imminent threat to them, which is what is needed to exercise deadly force. Only by the grace of Dave has he lived when so many before him have died at the hands of the police in questionable, racially biased police encounters.

Why do I have to explain to my son how to act around police? Where to keep his hands if he's pulled over?

I appreciate you taking action by peacefully protesting because we must have an understanding in our nation that black lives matter. The continuation of two justice systems, one for the privileged and the other for the unprivileged must stop.

I also want to be clear that this is not just a racial component even though people of color are treated worse by police and are profiled.

There are countless poor, white Atlasians, who have also suffered when they're just trying to pursue their Atlasian dream as all of us are.

Tomorrow is election day. Your local elections matter because that's where the state statutes get made, where police grants come from, and who prosecutes any crimes committed by the police. Your state governor, city council, district attorney, and legislature are the check on police brutality.

Now, my future colleague from Labor was here earlier today, yet he didn't march with you. He paid you lip-service as politicians normally do after a crisis. He didn't even mention the very black man who was shot. Say his name!

Crowd chants Jacob Blake!

Yet he isn't the only name. That list is too long for no other reason than injustice.

Only one party is about action and that's Democratic Alliance. That's why our motto is unity and action. Don't vote for another politicians who will just pay lip-service when a black man unjustly shot by the police is once again in the news cycle.

If you want to start putting a stop to the racial injustice, then vote Democratic Alliance tomorrow. Because if there's no justice!

Crowd chants no peace!

Our candidates are people from your community. Your teachers, doctors, cashiers even. We chose these people for their perspective on their communities to make meaningful change.

I am proud to introduce one of the members of this community and your next state legislator...
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2020, 11:17:27 PM »

TELEVISION ADVERTISEMENT
ALASKA

Quote from: Surfer
Oh yeah, you can totally surf in Alaska. The bore tide at Turnagain's Arm is so scenic and beautiful. Then you can just head up to Alyeska Resort about 20 mins away and hit the ski slopes. It's one of the most surreal things on Earth.

Quote from: Labor Ad
NARRATOR: California -- The Golden State. The only place in Atlasia you can go surfing and skiing...

Quote from: Narrator
Labor: Out of touch with Alaska. Tomorrow, vote for a party that knows our state and its economy. Vote for a party that will protect Alaska's tourism industry. Vote Democratic Alliance.

Proudly paid for by Tourist Operators for Democratic Alliance, a traditional PAC.
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2020, 11:27:38 PM »
« Edited: August 28, 2020, 11:36:48 PM by Tamika Jackson »

CONTACTLESS CANVASSING DROP
NYMAN, DC

DA volunteers in Nyman, DC conducted contactless literature drops across likely voters in tomorrow's election. Volunteers wore masks and simply left the ads in the door/under welcome mats.

Front

How long has President Pericles been in Nyman, DC?
Labor: Out of touch with Nyman and willing to risk our children's lives.
Vote Democratic Alliance.

Reverse
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2020, 11:41:29 PM »

ALASKA

DA volunteers across Alaska conducted contactless literature drops across likely voters in tomorrow's election. Volunteers wore masks and simply left the ads in the door/under welcome mats.

Front

From Labor's Platform: "17. A national energy policy should place the needs of the many in a changing planet ahead of mere profit. The government should act to establish collective ownership of energy by the creation of an Atlasian Energy Authority founded on the principles of democratic governance and local control."

Labor: Out of touch with Alaska and a threat to our economy.
Vote Democratic Alliance to protect Alaska's Environment and Economy. We can do both because we've been doing it for decades.

Reverse
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2020, 11:55:41 PM »

CALIFORNIA | INDIANA | MICHIGAN | OKLAHOMA | PUERTO RICO | SOUTH CAROLINA | SOUTH DAKOTA | WISCONSIN

DA volunteers conducted contactless literature drops across likely voters in tomorrow's election. Volunteers wore masks and simply left the ads in the door/under welcome mats.

Front

Reverse
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2020, 09:54:03 PM »

CAMPAIGN KICKOFF SPEECH
Frank D. O'Connor Playground - Queens, NY

Helllooooooooo New York!!! I know you are probably wondering why I chose this playground of all places to kick off my campaigning for the upcoming election.

Well, right across the street is Elmhurst Hospital, ground zero for COVID-19 in Atlasia. Doctors worked tirelessly, some for days on end, to save everyone they could from coronavirus. We know this community was hit harder than others. We know the minority community was hit harder than others.

So then why are parties like Labor and the Peace Party holding full-on conventions, flying members from across the country, without any COVID mitigation in Maine and Georgia? Because those parties, especially Labor, are telling you two different things. They are paying lip-service as they usually do without acting on it.

Recently, in the House, they passed a bill that forces mask enforcement at the Federal level or you must pay a fine. Yet when I asked how this mandate would be enforced, Labor had absolutely no answer. Even though they control most of the Regional governments, Labor is just paying lip-service with our lives. Other states have said enough to labor.

In September, you have that chance too! By voting Democratic Alliance, we can actually make a difference, right here in this community. The next crisis we face after COVID will be taking care of those doctors after they took care of us.

Our party is leading the way in providing mental health services for Atlasians, especially to our doctors. Don't vote the status quo with Labor. Vote change with DA!

The following handout was given to attendees:

Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2020, 10:10:48 PM »

MEET AND GREET
Acela Lounge, Penn Station - Manhattan, New York City, NY

Tamika Jackson met with travelers riding the Acela Express by Amtrak, wearing a face-mask and keeping 6-ft away in her conversations.

So many people criticize Amtrak and the government, yet the Acela Express is actually a huge success and works for people. We need to expand high speed rail.

In the House, I am fighting to expand high speed rail in Lincoln. This upcoming election, you have the power to expand high speed rail nationwide. Democratic Alliance are true believers of our platform and won't just do things half-way. If we're going to improve transportation, let's improve it everywhere!
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2020, 10:21:33 PM »

RADIO ADVERTISEMENT
IDAHO | IOWA | KANSAS | LOS ANGELES | MASSACHUSETTS | MISSISSIPPI | NEW YORK | NORTH CAROLINA | NORTH DAKOTA | VIRGIN ISLANDS | WEST VIRGINIA

Quote from: Female's Voice
I'm a small business owner and I had to move my business after my tech firm found success in Silicon Valley because the tax rate was 60% in Fremont on top of up to 40% taxes on the Federal level. Labor keeps talking about all the programs they're instituting, yet people like me are paying for it. I had to lay off so many people just to cover taxes.

This election, vote for a party that won't tax our corporations out of Atlasia. Vote Democratic Alliance.

Proudly paid for by Chambers of Commerce for Democratic Alliance, a Traditional PAC
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2020, 10:47:44 PM »

CAMPAIGN SPEECH
Boston Common, Boston, MA

Attendance was limited to 200 in the immediate vicinity of the speech with mask use mandatory (provided for free) and everyone socially distanced.

Good morning, Beantown!!! I don't have to tell you that Boston is so full of history. If you've been to Boston, you've taken a walk on the freedom trail. If you live here, you're around it every day.

So then why does a party that prides itself on democracy and being the majority party for years have to take over another party like the Greens just to gain another House seat? George Washington wouldn't have stood for that, John Adams wouldn't have stood for that, and you don't have to stand for that.

This September, we can send a message to Labor that their shady tactics are more fit for Russia, not Atlasia! We have the chance to change Atlasia for the better by voting Democratic Alliance.
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2020, 11:10:35 PM »

MEET AND GREET
Boston College, Boston, MA

Tamika Jackson wore a mask and handed out washable surgical cloth masks with a DA 'handshake' logo to students. She stayed 6 feet away from anyone she spoke to at-length.

Here's a free mask!

===

Vote DA, here's a free mask!

===

Enjoy your day, vote DA!

===

Example at-length conversation with a student:

Colleges are having to navigate how to start classes back up to ensure students are learning, you are getting value for your tuition dollars, which I know aren't cheap, and ensuring the safety of everyone involved.

DA has been leading the charge on COVID-19 while Labor is trying to pass bills that don't make sense like mask enforcement at the Federal level. All they had to do was just hand out masks to people and encourage mask wear through positive reinforcement. Enjoy your day and remember, vote DA!
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2020, 11:51:40 PM »

LOS ANGELES

DA volunteers across Los Angeles conducted contactless literature drops across likely voters in tomorrow's election. Volunteers wore masks and simply left the ads in the door/under welcome mats.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies