Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:29:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic Alliance (+Allies) Local Campaigning Thread  (Read 7302 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« on: July 11, 2020, 07:46:17 PM »

Lol what a cringe-worthy ad. Is this really the best you can come up with?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 03:54:03 PM »

Lol Beeman. I have been very clear that I identify as a a capitalist, but I believe the government needs to step in to rectify market failure. I'm an opponent of unregulated capitalism not capitalism itself.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 08:26:52 PM »

I believe I voted against 23 and 24. This just seems like the red-baiting that the Republican Party practises. Actually, there are areas where it is appropriate for the government to step in. In particular, if the DA wants the Atlasian taxpayer to again have to bail out too big to fail Wall Street banks, that's an argument us in the Labor Party are happy to have.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 05:15:21 AM »

FFS, this is ridiculous. Firstly, it's pretty revealing that the DA's standard for good education is kids not dying. It does nothing to address the fact that the neoliberal ideology they support has failed Oklahoman kids and only Labor has the plan to unleash Oklahoma's potential. Secondly, this is blatantly lying about what the federal standards actually are. We specifically require mask-wearing in schools, and social distancing. We have been very careful in our approach, and if people have questions on our standards then please ask me so we can reiterate what our public health approach actually is. The DA's Southern delegate voted for looser social distancing than the federal standards, which is why the administration has to step in and enforce our tough, safe standards over the regional ones. The implication that Covid-19 protections do not exist in schools already is a whopper of a lie. Not only does it mislead voters but it also creates unnecessary panic among the public and makes it harder for the government to get across the actual public health messaging. Political debate requires a basis in truth, and so I am calling for the DA to take down this dishonest advertisement immediately.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies