Wojnorawski suspended (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:26:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Wojnorawski suspended (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wojnorawski suspended  (Read 619 times)
Reluctant Republican

« on: July 12, 2020, 01:59:39 PM »

I don't really see the issue here, though I should start by saying I know absolutely nothing about most sports, NBA being no exception. But from the article:

Hawley added in the letter, "Let your players stand up for the people of Hong Kong. Let them stand up for American law enforcement if they choose. Give them the choice to write 'Back the Blue' on their jerseys. Or 'Support our Troops.' Maybe 'God Bless America.' What could be more American than that?"

Now I am sure that if they were given the choice Hawley or some on the right would then slam the players for the overwhelming majority of them not doing it. So this is not something with entirely noble intentions. But I fail to see how it's really objectionable to advocate for players to be allowed to voice their opinions on a wider range of issues, though I also understand most of these issues are either less popular with the players or not as near to their hearts.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies