Labor NPC Campaigns thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:10:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor NPC Campaigns thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Labor NPC Campaigns thread  (Read 25215 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« on: August 18, 2020, 09:49:09 AM »

Fianna Frémont will endorse the Labor/SF/B&B slate in the upcoming state and local elections.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 12:15:26 AM »

Anchorage, Alaska

Hello, Anchorage!

The liars and posers in the Dishonest Alliance have been campaigning on saving the Permanent Fund for future generations of Alaskans. Apparently they forgot that Labor already did that over a year ago under the leadership of then-First Minister Scott and myself. Vote for the party that delivers on its promises to build a stronger and more prosperous future for all Alaskans, not the deceivers who can't even be bothered to read the statute book!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 11:58:09 AM »

Jamestown, North Dakota

Wow! It is such a treat to be back on the campaign trail again, especially with all these slick new ads hitting the airwaves. I don't know what I expected from the Dishonest Alliance, but I guess when your entire platform was passed into law by Labor governments three years ago, you have more time to screw around on Youtube!

To review: Labor has been looking out for rural Frémonters since long before these washed-up hacks and crooked east-coast politicians wandered out here begging for votes. Labor majorities in Denver have expanded broadband internet access for rural areas, taken on the opioid epidemic, extended drought assistance to struggling farms, increased funding for rural hospitals, and distributed more than $10 million in farm subsidies since 2019 —this on top of our sweeping reforms to healthcare, education, housing, and conservation that together guarantee for every North Dakotan a better life than what their parents had. Labor doesn't have to spend tens of thousands of dollars on ads telling you about how fair-minded and principled we are, because our actions speak louder than words. The people of North Dakota will not be taken in by a lot of charlatans promising solutions to problems that have already been solved, because unlike the vote-grubbers and party operatives, they actually live in North Dakota, and they know what a Labor government can do for them!

While the Southern leaders of the Dishonest Alliance are busy touring the country making fine speeches about their strength of character, I have been working for the people of Frémont, as I have done every day for the last three years. I'm asking you to give me a government in Bismarck that I can work with. We don't want a gang of eastern imperialists telling us how to run our state, trying to make North Dakota more like the rest of the country: we believe that North Dakota is the greatest state in the greatest region in Atlasia, and September 25 we are going to vote for the party that believes the same!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 12:27:41 PM »

The following to be posted in public areas and circulated digitally until the election.

(1)

(2)

(3)

(1) Source: Own work.
(2) Source: Ibid.
(3) Source: Ibid.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 12:41:07 PM »

Mr. Truman, there will be 24 hours before I sue you for slander. I demand that you confirm that you not spread slander about the "Dishonest Alliance™".
You know if you're going to drink underage you shouldn't do it on the internet.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2020, 08:07:52 PM »

Carrington, North Dakota

Another day, another campaign promise kept! President Pericles has just signed into law the CHONKYFIRE Act, which will do for the rest of Atlasia what Frémont did long ago by expanding reliable broadband access to rural communities. Unlike the do-nothing, say-everything hacks vacationing in our state, the Labor party has been keeping its promises to the people of North Dakota since long before there was a right-wing opposition, and we will continue to deliver long after they go back to Nashville.

From broadband service to hospitals, quality public schools, investments in infrastructure and public housing, this government has always fought on the side of the people against the special interests. Some people out east are saying North Dakota has had enough peace and prosperity. I don't believe that. My friends and neighbors here are too smart to be taken in by a bunch of eastern grifters, and tomorrow we're going to vote for the only ticket with the guts to stick up for the little guy: the Labor and Fianna Frémont ticket!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2020, 08:20:58 PM »

Finley, North Dakota

You know, the Dishonest Alliance are expecting to clean up in Finley. I have it from a reputable source, a very reputable source, who says they have heard there are an awful lot of farmers up here, and they intend to "make hay," to use their expression. I said they must not have met many farmers from Steele County! When they heard about the $10 million in subsidies paid to small farmers by this government over the last two years, those Nashville politicians turned clear around and went back where they came from —which is exactly where we want them to go!

The opposition candidates in this district know the lines their handlers have taught them, but you know the facts: you know the Labor party has always looked out for you and your families when times were hard. The people of this district are too smart to be taken in by a lot of charlatans come up from Nashville. Tomorrow they are going to elect a Labor governor in this state, and they are going to vote the Labor and Fianna Frémont ticket right down the line. That is the only way to keep the government in the hands of the people, and out of the pocket of the special interests.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2020, 08:35:49 PM »

Valley City, North Dakota

I hear some fellow down in South Carolina is casting aspersions against my record. Perhaps if he had any achievements of his own, he wouldn't feel the need to drag mine through the mud! The fact of the matter is I and the Labor party have been keeping our promises to the people of North Dakota since long before anyone had ever heard of these clowns. Now they want to take credit for our achievements and expect us to thank them for it. I don't think so!

Some people spend their time uploading flashy ads to Youtube, and some people actually do their jobs. For three years my government has worked tirelessly on behalf of the people of Frémont and the great state of North Dakota, burning the midnight oil to renew farm subsidies, expand broadband access to rural communities, increase funding for rural hospitals and schools, all while building a better and brighter future for all Frémonters regardless of race, class, or creed. Meanwhile the opposition leaders were down in the bayous, snoring so loud they scared all the mosquitoes away. When you fill out your ballot tomorrow, don't vote for a promise: vote for a record. Give me a government I can work with, and vote for the only ticket that has been fighting for you since before there was money on the line, and that will continue fighting for you after "the tumult and the shouting dies": the Labor and Fianna Frémont ticket!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2020, 09:07:00 PM »

Bismarck, North Dakota

Minutes ago I signed into law the Frémont Safer Policing Act —a bill which will build upon the tremendous progress we have already made here in Frémont exorcising systemic racism from our criminal justice system. Legislation I signed in 2017 to demilitarize local police forces and institute force-wide badge cameras was credited by the GM's office with preventing the violence and unrest that has plagued so many cities in Atlasia from spreading into Frémont. While across this nation paving stones were stained with the blood of too many innocent Atlasians, targeted not for any fault or defect of their character, but for the color of their skin, the streets of Minneapolis —and of Boise, and Bismarck, and Fargo —were peaceful this spring: filled, not with the sound of gunfire and breaking glass, but with the democratic voice of the people, ringing out in triumph throughout the land.

I have come here, not to commemorate, but to rededicate: because we have so much more to do. This new bill will redouble our efforts on criminal justice reform by banning chokeholds, no-knock warrants, and other authoritarian measures the likes of which no free state needs to ensure its security. We do this in cooperation with local communities, and for the purpose not of punishing, but repairing the broken bonds of trust which unite our people.

And so, my friends and neighbors, we see the difference between leadership and hot air: between those who, from the safety of a campaign bus, love to talk about criminal justice reform (love even, I am told, to impugn me and my government, even as they promise to implement the same policies I passed while they were still in the political cradle), and those who roll up their sleeves and get to work. I can stand here today and promise to right the wrongs of the past because I have done the hard work of showing up every day and fighting for the people of North Dakota; simply put, I can defend my record because I have a record to defend. Others, once in office, took the more leisurely option of a four-month siesta: relaxing, I am sure, but of little utility to their constituents. It hasn't always been easy, and I haven't always been right: but in Frémont the streets are peaceful, and our region a little more just than when we began.

If you want to trade away this progress for the cool promises of a slick new political actor, then by all means vote for the opposition. If you want six more months of peace, prosperity, and equal justice for all —then on behalf of the Labor and Fianna Frémont candidates, I ask for your vote.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2020, 09:26:54 PM »
« Edited: September 25, 2020, 09:31:37 PM by Unconditional Surrender Truman »

Mandan, North Dakota

They say actions speak louder than words —boy, do they! While the opposition has been touring the country pouring sewage in the ear of every voter who will come close enough, this government has been hard at work fighting for the working man! You might have caught a lot of guff about our economic program. I'd like to hear the frauds in the opposition try and tell the North Dakota family who're earning $650 more a month than their neighbors over in Kansas how bad the Labor economy is! We have the highest household income and the highest individual income of any region in Atlasia, and it is thanks to the stewardship of the Labor party for the past three years, who have refused to give in to the east coast tycoons and the special interests who want to sell your pension out from under you and use the proceeds to send your job to China!

I am a Laborite because the Labor party is the party of the common man. We don't need a bunch of slick Southern carpetbaggers to come up here and tell us how to run our state. We believe in the simple, straightforward principle of Thomas Jefferson and William Jennings Bryan: that if you legislate to put money in the hands of the ordinary working people, wealth and prosperity will spread to every class in every corner of the land. We believe, you might say, in trickle-up economics. That is why this government has passed laws to give power back to the ordinary workers and to break up the corrupt monopolies in government and out of it who hoard wealth and influence at the expense of the majority.

The people of this state are too smart to be taken in by charlatans and flashy gimmicks. They remember what it was like before when the Federalist party and the men in the Dishonest Alliance ran this region, and they're not about to put them in power again. That is why I do not believe the people who say you are going to vote for the opposition candidate in this district. I believe you are going to elect a Labor governor tomorrow, and you are going to elect a Labor senator from this district and a Labor majority in the House of Representatives!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2020, 09:52:03 PM »

The following to be posted in public areas and circulated digitally until the election.

(1)

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2020, 10:50:11 PM »

Bridgeport, Nebraska

Hell-o Nebraska!

I know we are all looking forward to this holiday weekend —I know the husbands in the crowd are all especially pleased to have an iron-clad excuse to stay away from their in-laws —and perhaps some of the wives are, too —I say, we are all looking forward to this holiday, and I thought it was right that I should come down here, and let you know in person how grateful I am to remain your first minister for the next three months!

This government could not survive without the loyal support of all of you here in Nebraska, and I am exceedingly grateful that you have returned our candidates for parliament without nary a dissenting vote!

My friends tell me you are to elect your state officers this week-end —and so if you will humor me a while longer, I would lend my voice and my endorsement to the Labor slate of candidates in this county.

The fact is that every true Nebraskan knows there are two choices in this election. The Labor party is the party of the farmers and self-government; the opposition is the party of centralism and Eastern interests.

There are a number of so-called conservative carpetbaggers who have come out here in recent days expecting easy votes. Well, they are about to find out that Nebraskans have more sense than to be taken in by a lot of Eastern imperialists.

They want to make Nebraska more like the rest of the country —but we don't want to be like the rest of the country. We are Frémonters, and we are proud to reside in the West and earn our bread by the sweat of our own brow.

In the last four years, this government has done more for the farmers of this state than any of these Cavalier transplants. We have passed landmark legislation to protect our rural communities: more money for rural hospitals and schools, more funding for rural high-speed internet service, and now more than $10 million in agriculture subsidies to the small farmers here in Bridgeport and across the Platte Valley.

The liars and cheaters in the opposition will tell you that of course, they support these things. But where were they when the fight was hot and your livelihoods were on the line? Asleep at the wheel! —or worse, actively guarding the interests of the privileged classes who extract the wealth of this state and send it back to Tallahassee to be turned into golf courses and private resorts and other symbols of the coastal elites.

I will never countenance the government of this state by any except Nebraskans —and that is why I have fought tooth and nail against the centralists who would take power away from the people, away from the small towns and wide-open places and concentrate it in boardrooms and bureaucratic hide-aways where only their people can get to it.

I say that government by unelected corporate bureaucrats, is no better than government by unelected federal bureaucrats —or worst of all, unelected Southern bureaucrats.

If you value your liberty, if you value your independence and your sacred right of self-government, if you stand with the farmers and workers and small businesses of this state —and there is no true Nebraskan who does not —then you will vote for the Labor ticket this 28th of November. If you do, you will have a Labor government that is answerable to you, the people, and to you alone.

We have done so much together these last four years, and we are just getting started!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2020, 11:21:18 PM »

Oshkosh, Nebraska

It has been my privilege these last three years to meet so many of the parents who are raising the next generation of Frémonters. I can state categorically that there is no-one in the whole country who cares more for their children, who sacrifices more, than the parents here in Nebraska.

When they have time to talk —and somehow, people always have time to talk about their kids —the thing I hear most is how proud they are of them. Next to that, it's how worried they are that we are sending them unprepared into a world that is neither as kind nor as hopeful as it used to be.

It was my privilege earlier this month to sign the Curriculum Reform Act —the latest installment in this government's initiative to ensure that our children have everything they need to lead lives happier and more prosperous than those their parents led. This law will create classes in current events, basic business and legal education, in every high school in our commonwealth —so that every young Frémonter who enters the workforce has the power to act, and not be acted upon.

Equally important, this law will cultivate in every young Frémonter the incisiveness and values necessary to guard democratic self-government in a darkening world.

Our democratic way of life is under attack —and it is not whether, but how we meet this challenge that will preserve or destroy the hope of the next generation.

There are those in Nyman who would do nothing as the forces of creeping centralism dismantle the legacy of freedom. There are others who cheer as eastern elites and corporate interests swoop in to divest the people of Oshkosh of their democratic inheritance and remove the government of Nebraska to a remote boardroom in New York or Houston. While my government has been working 'round the clock to protect our rural communities, these forces have been growing in power. They now intend through these elections to effect an overthrow of democratic self-government here in Nebraska, and to install a governor and legislature subservient to Eastern imperialism.

I have said before that this election is a choice between two competing ideas of Nebraska. The Labor party is the party of farmers and local interests. The opposition is the party of the East.

We can continue down the path we have blazed these last three years: the path that leads to more and better hospitals, better schools, and more money for rural economies. Or we can go down the path of the opposition candidates: the path that leads to lower wages, corporate consolidation, and the end of self-government.

I am a Jeffersonian in the pattern of William Jennings Bryan, and I give you my word of honor that I will never consent to surrender the government of this region to the hostile Eastern interests while there is a bone in my body capable of resistance.

Glory to Nebraska! Glory to Frémont! Glory to the free West!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2020, 08:10:47 PM »

North Platte, Nebraska

It's a pleasure to be here today in Lincoln county —a very great pleasure to be here, and to speak with all you fine people. Tomorrow I will be back in my own state for the holiday, and I can tell you it has been marvelous to be here in Nebraska, and to meet so many loyal Frémonters here in the Platte Valley. And I hope to come again very soon!

There are some people here today who cannot remember the last time they saw an opposition man in Lincoln county. There is one gentleman who claims he saw one crossing the street last night; but they do not believe him. Oppositionists are coming to be an endangered species here in Nebraska. After Saturday, I am happy to say you are not likely to see them around these parts any more!

Back in Lecompton, the imperialists are gnashing their teeth and raising up a storm. They still expect to receive a handsome majority out of Lincoln county; but you know, and I know, that the people here in Nebraska have too much sense for that. Nebraskans remember what it was like when the corporate reactionaries had control of the government in this region, and they are not so eager to return to the days of anarchy and absentee lawmakers. That is why you are going to elect a Labor governor on Saturday. And you are going to re-elect your Labor member for another term in the house.

I have said it before, and I will say it again: this election is a choice between two opposing ideals for the future of our country.

The Labor party is the party of local government and self-rule. The opposition is the party of centralism and Eastern interests.

Over the last three years, you have seen what a Labor government can do for you. In the next few weeks, I and the parliament will approve a budget for the fiscal year to come. That budget will include more money for rural improvements: more money for rural hospitals and rural schools, more money for farmers and essential services. And we will raise this money, without increasing taxes on the poor or middle classes by a cent, by continuing to demand that the well-to-do pay their fair share.

Today in Nebraska, the average family is better employed and better paid than their neighbors to the South and East by a margin of $650 a month. And we are going to keep growing.

The Labor party has been and remains your steadfast friend, and the protector of your interests against Federal overreach. The opposition offers only empty platitudes —no action —no ideas.

I will not stand idly by as Eastern business and Eastern bureaucrats swoop in to lay waste to our people and eat up their substance. To the dominion of these corrupt and contemptible interests we do not, and can never, consent.

We are going to win in Nebraska. And we are going to keep winning until every inch of the commonwealth is colored red —the color of Labor, of liberty, and Lincoln!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2020, 09:09:01 PM »

To be posted in public spaces, including billboards, buses, and online media, in Nebraska and across the nation until the election.

(1)

(2)

(1) Source: Own work. (Public domain image via living history farm.org)
(2) Source: Own work. (Public domain image via nebraska.history.gov)
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2020, 12:00:07 AM »

Lincoln, Nebraska

Nebraskans!

The hour is at hand. The lying, cheating, thieving opposition think they are going to clean up in this state. As we speak, the reactionaries and money-guzzlers in Nashville are licking their chops at the prospect of annexing Nebraska to the confederacy of crooks and chicanerers who have polluted our country with their foul lies and deceptions. But they have forgotten to account for the essential thing, and that is the courage and solidarity of the Nebraskan people.

Tomorrow you are going to elect a Labor governor in this state. And you are going to elect a Labor majority in the legislature.

For three years, the Labor party has been the steadfast friend of the farmers and workers of Nebraska, of honest government, and self-rule. In the last year alone, my government has allocated more than $10 million in agricultural subsidies to small farmers here in Nebraska and across our great commonwealth of Frémont. In the course of this campaign, not once have the opposition articulated a single reason why the small farmer should trust them over the proven loyalty of the Labor party and the Labor government in Denver.

Not a single Frémonter campaigned on behalf of the opposition in this state, because the opposition are fundamentally not one of us. They stand for Eastern interests and Eastern values, and they answer to Eastern politicians.

A vote for the Labor party is a vote for more money for rural hospitals, more money for rural education, and more and higher-paying jobs. A vote for the opposition is a vote for regression, corruption, and centralism.

We are not going to give up Nebraska to the invading hordes of carpetbaggers without a fight!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2020, 05:58:24 PM »

To run across digital and print media and be posted prominently in public places in all states and cities with December elections until December 23.

(1)

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2020, 07:19:12 PM »
« Edited: December 09, 2020, 09:01:06 PM by Unconditional Surrender Truman »

Reno, Nevada

The liars and cheaters in the Dishonest Alliance spare no expense in their relentless war on the farmers and working people of this country. Of course, we expected their return. Once they had awoke from the wine-induced stupor that has hung over that party since their humiliating defeat in October, it was only a matter of time before the usual suspects stumbled out on the campaign trail to promote their program of lower taxes for the rich, cuts to essential services, and plutocracy for all. We in Frémont will never consent to be ruled from South Carolina, and we thank those crooks and their dead-eyed henchmen to keep their vicious slanders on the other side of the Mississippi!

You might have heard that these same tricksters are now attacking the fiscal situation here in Frémont. This government takes this matter with the utmost seriousness, and we are committed to passing a balanced budget for 2021, as we have every year since I assumed the ministry three years ago!

But we will never agree, as the reactionaries in the Dishonest Alliance have proposed, to make up the budget shortfall by raising taxes on the working class —or to further plunging our region into debt by passing massive tax cuts for the wealthy.

The Dishonest Alliance say that it is unjust for those earning more than $100 million a year to contribute the majority of their second hundred million to the support of essential services in our commonwealth. I say I will never endanger the solvency of this commonwealth for the benefit of a handful of the richest of the rich —and I will never offer up the freedom and security of the working and middle classes to satisfy the gluttons of wealth who prey on our people and eat up their substance!

Under current law, no Frémonter who brings home less than $125,000 a year pays a cent in income tax, and no small business which earns less than $100,000 in profit pays a cent in corporate tax. It is these responsible and prudent policies which make Frémont the most prosperous region in Atlasia. I will never apologize for leading Frémont out of the darkness of Federalist misrule, so that at the end of 2020, Frémonters earn more per hour and enjoy a higher standard of living than their neighbors to the east on either side of the Mason-Dixon line.

We are going to keep fighting —for better schools, better and more affordable healthcare, greener energy, and a more prosperous and independent working class. This is what the "irresponsible spending" the Eastern elites love to revile pays for —and we are going to do it with a balanced budget and a fair and progressive tax code.

The Dishonest Alliance want to be heard, and they have made the choice in this election perfectly clear. The Labor party is the party of the working and middle classes. The Federalist party is the party of "trickle-down" economics, and the Dishonest Alliance are the party who want to stop the trickle.

The people of this state have had enough pretty words from Eastern politicians. That is why you are going to elect a Labor governor in this election. And you are going to elect a Labor majority in the legislature.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2020, 07:35:13 PM »

To run across digital and print media and be posted prominently in public places in all states and cities with December elections until December 23.

(1)

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2020, 08:55:47 PM »

(1)

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2020, 11:42:00 AM »

(1)

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2020, 12:47:38 PM »

Springfield, Ohio

Hello, Clark County!

It is a real thrill to be here again in my native country, to meet all of you, and once more cast my lot with the happy citizens of the Free North! When I was your representative on the Mideast Assembly, it was my joy to do battle with the enemies of Ohio —as I continue to fight for the working people against this country against the legions of tricksters and corrupt money-guzzlers who hail from Nashville and Charleston!

I appear before you today, the first minister of Frémont, but no less a son of Indiana and Lincoln. We in Frémont have always had a special relationship with you in the greater West who tend your hearths on the fair banks of the Ohio. When Peanut was your governor, we used to speak of a Holy Alliance that bound Frémont and Lincoln in common cause against the plutocrats and centralizers in Nyman. The time has come for Ohio to take up the torch again, rally her forces, run out her banners, and fight for herself and all the working people in this country against the hate-filled sycophants of reaction and the coastal elites!

I have come here to-day because you in Ohio will do much more than elect a governor and state officers this month. Your votes will determine the balance of power here in Lincoln and across our country.

For the wealthiest 1%, a dazzling array of choices present themselves: the disparate elements of the Coalition of Chaos each fighting to outdo each other with promises of tax cuts for the rich, paid for by raising taxes on the working and middle classes, and slashing funding for healthcare and local schools. But for the vast majority of the people here in Ohio who go to work every day to earn a chance for their children to lead better, more prosperous lives than they lead to-day, there is only one option, and that is the Labor party!

The Labor party is the party of the working people of Ohio, which promises more money for schools and local infrastructure, more money for healthcare, and zealous defense of the rights of labor. The Coalition of Chaos are the parties of the rich and well-connected.

You may have heard the quacks in the Dishonest Alliance are attempting to make hay out of the fiscal situation here in Lincoln. They believe they have identified a great injustice: that the wealthiest individuals earning more than $100 million a year are asked to contribute the majority of their second hundred million to the support of our public works. To relieve the richest of the rich of this oppressive burden, they have prescribed a general tax cut for the wealthy, which they propose to pay for by raising taxes on working people.

Now those same crooks are attempting to saddle Labor with the blame for the so-called "Value Added Tax" which their members supported in the council. I would remind you that that tax was vetoed by the Labor governor of this region, and it was defeated by the combined efforts of Labor organizers here in Lincoln. The V.A.T. is the pet project of the same reactionary faux-intellectuals who have conspired for years to bleed every last cent out of the working people of this country to finance their program of corporate welfare. They say they are for "solutions," but the only problem they have so far identified is that your taxes are too low and your wages are too high!

The people of this state will never allow their region to fall under the government of charlatans and petty office-seekers. They are going to clean house on election day, and take the hucksters in the Coalition of Chaos to the curb!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2020, 10:31:47 PM »

Sparks, Nevada

It is a pleasure, I say it is a real pleasure, to be here with you today, and to speak with you on the important matters which are before our commonwealth. You may have heard in the last few days some of those gentlemen out in South Carolina are not too pleased with me. Perhaps if they had any achievements of their own to boast of, they would not feel the need to attack mine! They have sent up an army of hucksters to try and bamboozle you with lies and deceptions into voting against your own interests. But I know the people of Nevada are too sharp to be taken in by such flimsy salesmanship —and I have come down here today, so you can hear what I have to say, and see if you believe some of the things that have been said about your first minister.

I have said before that there is a choice to be made in this election. The Labor party is the party of working people and the middle class. The Dishonest Alliance is the party of the rich and special interests.

In the three years since I assumed the government of Frémont for the first time, the Labor party has been the stalwart friend of the farmers and working people here in Nevada. We have passed legislation to invest more money in rural schools and rural infrastructure; we have cut taxes for families and small businesses; we have guaranteed to every Frémonter a living wage and the right to negotiate on equal footing with their employer. Since 2019, we have appropriated more than $10 million for small farmers here in Nevada and across our commonwealth; and we have done this without leading this region into debt or burdening your families with onerous and regressive taxes.

The result, is that today the average Frémonter earns more and enjoys a better quality of life than their neighbors to the East. The Eastern politicians who come out here to campaign for their candidates and then promptly vanish when the race is lost do not understand this, because they are not one of us. For all their sleight of hand and trickery, they can never contemplate a society where all people are treated with fairness and given an equal chance to succeed and build a better life for themselves through hard work and dedication.

The crooks and sycophants in the Dishonest Alliance say they stand for "solutions." But the only problem they have so far discovered is that your taxes are too low, and your wages are too high! One cold Nevadan corpse has more new ideas in a year than a whole room full of Dishonest Alliance tricksters will have in a lifetime. They covet power for themselves, but they offer you nothing the Labor party has not already given you and then some.

I do not believe the pollsters and the professional pundits who say that Nevada is on the verge of going over to the imperialists. The people of Nevada are smart people, and they are not so easily fooled. That is why you are going to vote the Labor ticket straight down the line in this election. You will be voting for your interests and the interests of your children and grandchildren.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2020, 11:08:56 PM »

Austin, Nevada

When you put pen to ballot this election, don't waste any time. Just vote the Labor ticket straight down the line. You'll be voting for your interests and for your children's interests.

There may be some in the crowd today who remember what it like when we had a Federalist government here in Frémont. A man could walk right into your garage, steal your car, and get away with it, because there was hardly any government to speak of. The only worse thing than another Federalist government, would be a government of the Dishonest Alliance. Then a man could steal your car and get away with it, because he would be the government.

We are fortunate in this country that we have a choice of our leaders. We can elect to continue on the road of prosperity which we have followed these last three years; or we can return to the politics of reaction and centralism that so plague the rest of the country.

The Labor party is the party of the working people here in Nevada. The Dishonest Alliance and their cronies are the party of the rich and special interests.

You may have heard some nasty rumors which the Dishonest Alliance are spreading about the fiscal situation back in Denver. They are blaming me for not looking after the budget when I come back here to speak with all of you. They have forgotten that it was their Comptroller General who dithered and wasted time for months, who is the reason it has taken so long to complete the budget! But make no mistake —Frémont will pass a balanced budget before the end of the year if I have to write it myself —and thanks to the incompetence of the Dishonest Alliance, I will have to write it myself.

They want to talk about the budget being delayed because they don't want to talk about what's in the budget. Just this week, the central committee of the Dishonest Alliance ran an ad saying what high taxes he have here in Frémont. But those rates apply only to the richest of the rich, and only after they have already taken home $100 million dollars a year! The Dishonest Alliance politicians said they wanted to cut those rates, and said they wanted to cut funding for schools, hospitals, and local infrastructure to pay for it.

The fact is that if you earn less than $125,000 a year you do not owe the government one cent in regional income tax. And small businesses earning less than $100,000 a year do not owe one cent in corporate tax.

When you consider that under Federalist government, you were not only paying higher regional rates, but also state and local taxes, the Labor party has overseen a dramatic reduction in taxes for working people over the last three years. Against the advice of the Dishonest Alliance leaders in parliament, I have refused to raise these rates, because I believe that you should keep your money and spend it as you please, instead of sending the larger share to Denver.

Instead, we have asked that Frémonters who take home more than $100 million a year, should contribute the majority of their second hundred million to pay for better schools, better hospitals, better infrastructure, and more money for law enforcement and public defenders. The result is that Frémonters earn more and enjoy a better quality of life than their neighbors in the East. This is according to the Dishonest Alliance's own comptroller, whose only act in office was to report the outstanding success of this government's economic policy contrary to what the agents of his own party are now saying.

We are going to win the elections here in Nevada. And we are going to keep winning, as long as the Labor party is the party of farmers, workers, and the middle class.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2020, 10:45:27 PM »

Eureka, Nevada

I can't tell you how very much I appreciate the honor which you have just done me in welcoming me here today. They say Thomas Jefferson, when he was president, once welcomed a visitor to the White House wearing his dressing gown. They had called on him in the early morning, and that is what he happened to be wearing. Of course if a president did something like that today, the press would call it unpresidential. But Jefferson's idea was that a president, or a first minister, is nothing more or less than an ordinary citizen who temporarily exercises certain powers on behalf of the people. On behalf of the people. And so it was only natural to him that he should greet visitors in his normal dress, because it was not he who was exalted —it was the people.

I say all this because I have tried, in my many years as your first minister, to remember all of you who put me there, and to act as any of you would act if you were to assume the burdens of government, as I have done on your behalf.

And I will say again, as I have said over and over in the whole course of this campaign, that anyone who would install a reactionary government here in this state is going to have to bet against the people of Nevada. And that is a bet no sensible man would ever make.

I have complete confidence in you, because it has been my privilege to know you all and to represent you for so many years, and I know the people of this state are to sharp to be taken in by a lot of Eastern hucksters. That is why we are going to win this election; and we are going to keep winning as long as the crooks in the Coalition of Chaos keep sending the same carpetbaggers and tricksters out here to sell their old, tired ideas of corporate welfare and handouts for the rich.

Yesterday you delivered a crushing defeat to the Dishonest Alliance in the federal election. And in nine days you are going to do the same in the state elections.

You are going to elect Gene Taylor your next governor. And you are going to elect a Labor majority in the legislature.

I have said it before, and I will keep saying it until this campaign is over. The Labor party is the party of the farmers and the working people of Nevada. The Dishonest Alliance is the party of the rich and special interests.

When you vote for the Labor party ticket, you are not just voting for me —you are voting for yourselves. You are voting for more money for your farms and schools, and more money for your hospitals. You are voting for a fair deal for yourselves and your children. You are voting for low taxes, democracy, and home rule.

When I say the Labor party is the party of working people, I am not talking about vague principles thrown around in a campaign. I am talking about what we have actually done in this region for the small farmer, and what we have done for workers all across this state and across this region.

We led the charge to rebuild and expand rural infrastructure, to extend rural broadband internet connection, to invest in rural hospitals and rural schools, to guarantee a college education to every student who wants one. We made it easier for workers to negotiate with their employers on an even footing, and to take their employer to court when their rights are violated. By this time next year, this government will have paid out more than $10 million in subsidies for small farmers here in Nevada and across this commonwealth.

You may have heard the Dishonest Alliance are up in arms because I have been criticizing some of their statements on the fiscal situation here in Frémont. I only ever attack them with their own words —and don't they hate it!

The fact is that a Frémonter who earns less than $125,000 a year pays no income tax. And a small business that earns less than $100,000 pays no corporate tax. Instead, we ask the very richest of the rich who take home more than $100 million a year to contribute the majority of their second hundred million to the support of our essential services. It is this prudent and judicious policy which has allowed Frémont to become the most prosperous region in Atlasia,.

Just today I have introduced legislation in parliament to establish a 1% tax on all real estate in excess of $3 million dollars in value. This bill will make up the deficit in our current budget, and it will do it without raising taxes on working people by a cent. Most importantly, it will do it without taking a penny from our farmers. Not one dollar in revenue will be raised by taxing farmland —not a single acre.

The Dishonest Alliance have a different idea of government. Their policy is to have the government take care of the rich, and the rich will take care of the poor.

Just last week they ran an ad saying they would cut taxes on the richest of the right who take home more than $100 million a year. And they would pay for it by slashing funding for essential services here in Nevada.

Now they have sent Sleepin' Ninja out here to call me a liar for quoting their own ad! The people here in Nevada are to sharp for him. They remember what it was like when he was speaker of the parliament in Denver. Back then he did such a bad job, the people ran him out of office after just a month! They sent him right back to Lincoln with his tail between his legs, and we will thank him to keep to the east bank of the Mississippi where he belongs!

The truth is the liars and cheaters in the Dishonest Alliance have to attack my record, because they've never achieved anything themselves! They say they are for "solutions," but the only problem they've identified so far is that your taxes are too low and your wages are too high!

They want to make Frémont more like the rest of the country. But we do not want to be like the rest of the country! We are proud to be Frémonters, and we will not be dictated too by a mob of do-nothing, good-for-nothing Eastern carpetbaggers.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies