Labor NPC Campaigns thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:37:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor NPC Campaigns thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25
Author Topic: Labor NPC Campaigns thread  (Read 25353 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: May 13, 2021, 06:08:47 PM »

Price, Utah

You know the opposition are riding high in this state. The have heard from the pundits and the professional political class that you here in Carbon County are about to desert the Labor party over the recent unpleasantness. They believe than in a few weeks time, you are going to put them in charge of the government in Salt Lake City.

The source of these predictions is that every one of the opposition leaders and their friends in the media have grown up in the East. Easterners are a rootless people; they have no concept of loyalty. It therefore seems natural to them that you should throw out the party that has fought for you and bled for you day after day for the last four years and never give it a second thought.

But I know the people of Utah better than that. I know that the people of Utah are an intelligent people. They are not going to be taken in by promises they get from the Southern surrogates of the opposition parties.

I know that when they look at the history of the last four years, they will see what I have repeated again and again in the course of this campaign: the Labor party is the party of the farmers and the small towns of Utah. We are the party of peace, prosperity, and home rule.

The opposition claim to represent the farmers. But they have never proposed anything to help the farmers in all their many years in office.

In the last three years, the Denver parliament has passed three major initiatives to help the farmers of this state. All of them were proposed by the Labor party and passed by Labor governments.

It was the Labor party who passed the 2018 bill to spend $350 million to help drought-stricken farmers.

It was the Labor party who passed the 2019 farm bill that has paid out more than $10 million in subsidies to small farmers in the last two years.

It was the Labor party who passed the Feed Frémonters Act so that any farmer in Utah can sell their produce that they cannot sell at market to the commonwealth government at cost.

In a few days your government will vote to renew the Feed Frémonters Act and spend an additional $100,000 for the relief of small farmers in 2021.

So you see that when I say the Labor party is the party of the farmers of Utah, I am not making promises for the distant future. I am telling you the facts.

If the opposition care so much about the farmers, why have they not done anything about it in the last four years? Why have they only now discovered their love and affinity for the farmers of Utah, when their is an election up for grabs?

I will leave you to your own deductions. I am confident you have the wits to discover what is at work here.

The people of Utah have a choice in this election.

They can vote to elect the candidate of the party that has kept every promise it has made in the last four years, the party that has come down again and again on the side of the farmers.

Or they can vote for the party who makes brave promises, but disappears after election day, never to be heard from again.

I believe that you are going to make the right choice.

I believe that you are going to elect Amanda Young the next governor of this state. And you are going to elect a Labor majority along with her in the legislature!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #451 on: May 13, 2021, 06:21:51 PM »

Castle Dale, Utah

It is so good to be here in Emory county and to have a chance to speak with all you fine people, and to hear what are your concerns for your state in the immediate future.

I have often said it does my heart good to be among the honest people of the West, and that is never more true than today.

Many of your politicians will campaign only in the large cities and neglect the rural areas. But I always like to come out here and hear directly from the people who will decide this election —that is the people in the small towns and rural areas.

The opposition claim to care about the small towns. Their leaders have made brave promises of all the riches they will shower on rural Utahans if they will only vote for them.

But you know it is not the opposition who have been the voice of rural areas in parliament. That is the Labor party and the Labor government in Denver.

Earlier this year, the Labor government passed the Rural Health Act to build more hospitals and hire more doctors in rural areas.

In February we had a member of the opposition elected who said he was in favor of solving the rural health crisis. But when the time came to vote on the bill which my government proposed, he was nowhere to be found! In the end he resigned his office and fled the country, and had to be replaced.

This is how the opposition parties represent rural Utahans. They make brave promises when they are candidates. But if ever they get into office, an army of Egyptians on their heels could not move them to act.

This is why I do not believe the pundits when they say you are about to elect an opposition government in this state. I know the people of Utah are too intelligent to be taken in by Eastern frillery.

I know that when you look to the history of the last four years, you will see the truth of what I have said over and over again in this campaign: the Labor party are the party of the farmers and the small towns of Utah. We are the party of peace, prosperity, and home rule.

It was the Labor party who raised the money to improve rural infrastructure and rural broadband internet service.

It was the Labor party who voted to base public school funding on enrollment, so that rural districts like the ones here in Emery county have the money they need to guarantee every student a world-class education, instead of concentrating all of the funding in rich areas like the opposition do in their own region.

It was the Labor party who made accessibility to rural dwellers the first priority of our vaccination program, so that today Frémont has the highest vaccination rate of anywhere in the entire country.

So you see when I say Labor are the party of rural Utahans, I am not making promises for the distant future. I am telling you the facts here and now.

The people of Utah have a choice in this election.

They can vote to elect the candidate of the party that has kept every promise it has made in the last four years, the party that has come down again and again on the side of the rural areas.

Or they can vote for the party who makes brave promises, but disappears after election day, never to be heard from again.

I believe that you are going to make the right choice.

I believe that you are going to elect Amanda Young the next governor of this state. And you are going to elect a Labor majority along with her in the legislature!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #452 on: May 13, 2021, 06:36:51 PM »

Green River, Utah

The opposition say if you elect them, they will represent the small towns and rural areas of Utah.

They have had many opportunities to prove this in the last four years, and they have squandered all of them.

I will tell you what I am talking about.

Just a few weeks ago, parliament voted to pass the Rural Health Act. This bill, which I wrote, will spend $2 billion in 2021 to build more hospitals and hire more doctors in rural areas.

There are two opposition members in the current parliament. Neither of them voted for the rural health bill.

One of those members had campaigned on solving the rural health crisis. But when the time came, he did not even show up for the vote.

The other said nothing at all about rural health. When the bill was introduced, he was silent. When it was brought to a vote, he was silent. In the end he did not vote for it.

This is the party that wants to represent the small towns and rural areas of Utah!

They have made many promises in the course of this campaign. But we see what they really mean when they get into office.

There is one party that has consistently come down on the side of rural Utahans, and that is the Labor party!

It was the Labor party who raised the money to improve rural infrastructure and rural broadband internet service.

It was the Labor party who voted to base public school funding on enrollment, so that rural districts are funded according to the number of students they have, instead of concentrating all of the money in rich districts.

It was the Labor party who made accessibility to rural dwellers the first priority of our vaccination program, so that today Frémont has the highest vaccination rate of anywhere in the entire country.

This is how a party who cares about rural Utahans behaves in office. This is what you can expect when you vote the Labor ticket.

I believe that is exactly what you are going to do.

I believe you are going to elect Amanda Young the next governor of this state! And you are going to elect a Labor majority in the legislature along with her!
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #453 on: May 13, 2021, 09:48:35 PM »
« Edited: May 13, 2021, 09:51:36 PM by Speak No Evil for one month »

Park City, Utah1
socially-distanced, masks-mandatory event, livestreamed on UT Labor website

Good evening, Park City!

Well, I think it's fair to say that the State of Utah has been absolutely saturated with the back-and-forth campaigns all over this state. No doubt the Beehive State has been in the spotlight a lot this week. But Labor is moving this state forward, regardless of what corrupt officials and liars say.

While the Democratic Alliance likes to brand itself as the transit party, we understand that this is an effort that requires both local, state, regional, and federal support. In sum, we need consensus. The will is certainly there, and even my good friend, Weatherboy, admitted that the rail infrastructure is already there.

What he didn't mention is who laid that infrastructure, who renewed the Civilian Conservation Corps to employ the people to build on that infrastructure and pay them a living wage, who has been prioritizing transit and other infrastructure projects with health and safety in mind during these very trying times for our state and country, which we are now just emerging from as vaccinations continue to be distributed, businesses reopen, and mask mandates and restrictions are lifted as we listen to the scientists.

Speaking of which, I've said it before and I'll say it again: when you are fully vaccinated, you DO NOT have to wear a mask!

And the people of Utah realize that. Despite the governor's criminal mishandling of the pandemic, Utahns are voluntarily signing up in droves to get vaccinated as soon as humanly possible. Even though, as was recently reported, we have a new problem in our fight against COVID, and that one is a problem of demand.

Still, that communal spirit fostered in this great state, due in no small part to the state's rich tradition of civic engagement brought upon by the LDS Church, has enticed Utahns into getting vaccinated. And that number continues to grow daily, all thanks to legislation sponsored in Denver and Nyman by Speaker Siren and Representative Young, respectively.

Now is the time to look ahead, to do your part as citizens, to follow CDC guidelines - for yourself, for your family, and for your neighbor. I know the people of Utah, and I know they are doing just that.

And as we approach the cusp of summer and vaccination rates continue to improve, tourism will fill every corner of this state almost as much as these campaigns have!

We're going to keep public land in the hands of its rightful owners: we, the people.

We're going to keep the social safety net fully intact.

We're going to resist so-called "tort reform", or efforts supported by some on the right to reduce the ability of victims to seek damages or limit how much compensation they ought to receive.

And the fact of the matter is, we cannot gamble these things away with neoliberals and special interest-backed politicians.

But we know better here in Utah. We simply know better. We know the difference between right and wrong. We know the difference between fact-based evidence and so-called "alternative facts". And we know which party has, and continues to be, the best stewards of our environment.

And we know which candidate is going to continue these traditions. And if any bill undoing the state services and economic protections should ever pass that State House, you can bet your life that Amanda Young will veto those proposals at the drop of a hat.

But you're not going to let that happen. Because this month, you are going to elect Amanda Young and a supermajority in the Utah House and Senate!

And to ensure that we retain our majorities, I have two excellent candidates. Our candidate for House, Marshall Briggs, is a retired member of the Utah National Guard. We have been very fortunate to find so many retired and active duty military members to reinforce Labor's message of civic engagement and volunteerism.

Also with me is Dr. Bri Hatch, someone who's been fighting on the frontlines in our battle against COVID-19. I've gotten to know Dr. Hatch very well over the course of this campaign, and the stories of death and suffering brought on us by this pandemic are very near and dear to her. Dr. Hatch was as shocked as the rest of us to learn that our seniors had been so poorly neglected, and now she wants to fight for our seniors, for the sick, and for our citizens with disabilities, as your next state senator.

This is the team we need to ensure a healthy, safe Utah for everyone, rich in opportunities and community spirit.

But before they speak, I have someone I'd like you all to meet. Ladies and gentlemen, your next governor, Representative Amanda Young!

1. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/490259109408848350/
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #454 on: May 13, 2021, 09:58:03 PM »

Labor Rally at Skinwalker Ranch, Utah

Crowd of several dozen cowboys, ranchers, and other locals

[Speaker MB arrives at the podium]

Well, folks, looks like I’m back again for another term as speaker.

(Raucous applause)

And you might think, well, why aren’t you back on the other side of the country getting all that Congressional business started? Well, lemme tell you, there’s nowhere I’d rather be right now than in the beautiful Utah countryside, standing up for hardworking people like all of you here.

(Cheers)

And you can bet that Congress is gonna do some amazing stuff this time around. We’re never gonna let you down, Utah. Never.

And y’all have a great government down here. A beautiful Labor government, and I couldn’t be prouder of the hard work they’ve been doing. Y’all really are lucky.

(Applause)

There really is some good stuff getting passed around here. With First Minister Truman in…

[Crowd’s attention diverts away and they turn their heads]

With..with Truman in charge…

What in the hell is that thing?

[A large hole opens up in the ground, a speechless crowd can only watch as the earth around them splits in half. A glowing, metallic object, around 20 feet in diameter, slowly rises out of the crevice. Several crowd members throw themselves on the ground and start to pray.]

Oh..oh my God…

[The object comes to a halt around 30 feet above the ground and hovers midair for a few seconds. Then, it hovers over to the podium.]

[The crowd simultaneously receives a telepathic message.]

You have disturbed our secret operations. The leader of this gathering shall pay a dire price for his trespassing.

Hey…I don’t know what y’all want up there but..bb..but I’m sure we can work something out…

[A cylinder of light zaps Speaker MB, who instantly drops to the ground behind the podium. In his limp state, he is levitated into the craft. As the large door opens, attendees try to get a glimpse of the creatures inside but are temporarily blinded by the high-frequency radiation. The object darts into the air, and takes off towards the mountains in the distance at an impossibly fast speed.]

[The crowd diverts their attention back to the ground, where the hole has mysteriously closed up.]

[Speaker MB is found several hours later by the side of a highway in a disheveled, dehydrated state. He is taken to the nearby hospital but released after receiving adequate fluid.]
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #455 on: May 14, 2021, 12:30:32 AM »

THE UTAH LABOR TOUR
All Events socially distanced, masks mandatory

Salt Lake City

Hello Salt Lake City!

With the impeachment of Governor Udall, we're ready to move past his divisive tenure. I was pleased to see he was very deservedly impeached in a multipartisan manner. This was the right thing to be done and it's been done. Now, the Democratic Alliance seeks to politicize this effort and act as if Mr. Udall is still the candidate they are facing. It would be helpful if they would actually focus on matters at hand. Amanda Young was one of the leading voices who provided for the ousting of Mr. Udall and will bring that same trailblazing energy to the governorship.

She's not campaigning on the same tired old ideas of the Democratic Alliance. The ideas that if we somehow strip down the accomplishments of the last 2 years that is progress. No. Ms. Young knows we need to keep our state moving into the future. She'll work with the regional and federal government to improve the infrastructure and expand access to healthcare facilities. She'll listen to the people first, not big party bosses from out of region. She'll be ready from the moment she takes office to deliver for the Utah people and I can promise she will not let you down. Now, let introduce Amanda Young!

Provo

Hello Provo!

Great to be in this fine city. I'm coming here today to talk to you about the exciting things Labor has done for you and will continue to do if elected. Right now in the Fremont parliament, Labor is working to extend the Farm Relief bureau to keep the crucial supply line of agriculture stable in our society. We passed the Safe Seniors Act, ensuring the most vulnerable of our society's elders get the adequate protection they deserve. It's why nationally we are working to pass another economic stimulus, to help our nation move pass this pandemic.

Look folks, I love going out to you all here because I can look you in the eye and say Labor cares. I don't think that the Democratic Alliance can say the same, when their agenda consists of repealing taxes on the wealthy and exploiting culture war battles for their own gain. That's why we're going to elect a Labor government this month, right here in Utah. Now let me introduce some local candidates...

Kaysville

How are you doing Kaysville!

Great to be here today. You know, when I see town like this and meet with the people living there, I see the faces of our great region. I see the faces of those whose well being has been significantly increased by the efforts of Labor. And I see the faces of those who are relying on a Labor victory this month.

Take for instance the Rural Health Act, which expands the number of healthcare worker in communities off the beaten path. It works to fight disparities that unfortunately have taken root in out society. This kind of strong, listening, leadership is what Labor is offering. Time and time again we've worked to provide good government for the people of our region and that is why we are going to win this May. Thank you.

Farmington

Hey there Farmington!

This fine town is home to the Railroad Park Museum. The DA like to talk a big game when it comes to transportation, but when you look at their record, it's clear they are not promoting sound policy. Labor is working to pass the High Speed Rail Act, which would bring vital transportation to rural, suburban and urban areas alike. It would bring new economic opportunities and create growth. The problem is the Democratic Alliance previously tried to stall the bill with their pork barrel projects, including building hundreds of miles of rail inside empty desert! In addition to this, they claim Labor is weak on transportation, I suppose it is easy to ignore our record when you do not even live in the region!

Just last year, my good friend and colleague Vice President OBD wrote the PTEC Act, which vastly improved our region's infrastructure. It was far more of a substantial step than anything the Democratic Alliance has done since their inception. Labor has the proven track record of success and that's why we're going to win at the ballot box this May.

Garden City

Howdy Garden City!

I'm excited to get out here today to talk to you about what Labor can do for you. Now this town sits right on the Great Bear Lake. A true environmental treasure. Labor believes strongly in preserving these monuments to the beauty of our planet by stopping the kinds of practices that would lead to destruction of our natural resources.

It's why we passed the Red-Green New Deal and it's why the Parliament of Fremont passed the Fremont Parks and Recreation Act. Utah Labor will continue this strong record of environmental management by passing protections tailored to Utah communities. On the other hand, the opposition has sought to repeal the achievement of the RGND and if they succeed in taking over this state government, they will be given the serious ability to undermine it. We cannot let this happen and it won't happen, but it's important you get out there and vote Labor to stop it. Now let me introduce your State Senator, Billy Derrickson.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #456 on: May 14, 2021, 01:00:04 AM »
« Edited: May 14, 2021, 03:03:39 AM by Speak No Evil for one month »

Morgan, Utah1

Hello to the fine people of Morgan! Don't worry, Amanda will be speaking to you all very soon. But before she delivers her vision for Utah, there is an elephant in the room in this campaign that, to be frank, only one side has acknowledged.

And that is the threat of neoliberalism in a state and region that's stood so firmly by the New Great Society that Labor has established.

Utah farmers, teachers, blue-collar workers, and the rest of the working class, support our safety net. And why? Because in the Great New Society, is a society that matches the LDS vision for society. A society where no man, woman, or child is left behind. A society that values charity and decency.

Now I don't have to tell you that a self-described neoliberal is running Mr. Matheson's campaign. We can see that very plainly, just by... well, his username. There is little point in asking if this is a neoliberal campaign when one of the people running it describes himself as such!

Now I would, of course, not expect the Democratic Alliance or Mr. Matheson to disavow Utah Neoliberal, but I do believe that the people of this state deserve full transparency. They deserve transparency, and they deserve to know how these candidates differ philosophically.

That makes a big difference in this election. Have we not learned from the Great Recession what the end result of neoliberalism is? Do we deny that it is the ideology that it is the impetus for widening income gaps? The ideology that compromised aid to society's most vulnerable, denied them economic justice and compensation from bad actors, and allowed big corporations and banks to write their own rules?

The people. Of Utah. Know better. No, Utah will not be fooled again. We will not embrace an ideology that makes the "forgotten people" we've heard in DA rhetoric, forgotten in the first place.

Amanda Young's learned from history, and so have we. So give her your support. Elect her with a mandate for economic justice and against self-serving ideologies of the elites, of the people our Depression-era reforms kept in check until neoliberal politicians upended them.

Don't be fooled again, Utah. And know what is at stake this election.

Thank you all. Amanda, come on up!

1. https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Morgan_UT
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #457 on: May 14, 2021, 02:54:52 AM »
« Edited: May 23, 2021, 04:05:08 AM by Scott🦋 »

Missoula, Montana1
socially-distanced, masks-mandatory event, livestreamed on MT Labor website

Howdy, Missoula! It's so great to be here once again with my good friend, Governor Budd Fuddrucker.

You know I gotta say, Missoula, we Fremonters are voting in three very important states that all have one thing in common. And like so many other states in the Commonwealth, each of these states are expected to experience major booms in tourism. While it is virtually guaranteed that the tourism sector is in for a major boost this summer, we need leaders in all three of these states - Montana, Utah, and Wyoming, which, as a resident of one of these states I must admit my bias toward this cycle - who will shepherd their states in the right direction of recovery.

And as the economy picks up again, we must stay on pace with that recovery in mitigating damage caused by climate change. To do that, Governor Fuddrucker and your legislature are going to continue putting our energy dollars toward renewables. We're also going to look towards safe nuclear energy. And while I realize that word 'nuclear' might sound scary to some, the fact remains that nuclear power is quite safe and risk-minimal, especially in big states like Montana.

But any plan for renewable energy without nuclear is a nonstarter, no matter how many solar panels we produce, no many how many windmills we erect. Failing this, Montana will continue to rely on fossil fuels, much of which isn't even extracted within Atlasia, much less Montana's borders!

The Red-Green New Deal is going to move 'high-energy' states like Montana in the right direction, to reduce our carbon footprint, and to conserve this land that we all love, not to mention our Native communities. We'll keep the lights on for all Montana, and extend our state-of-the-art infrastructure to small and rural communities. And we're going to do it without impeding on sacred lands or polluting our lakes, streams, and rivers.

To pivot to another issue, one which directly affects our farmers and ranchers, the First Minister recently announced the upcoming re-authorization of the Feed Frémonters Act in Parliament, so that small family farms can sell their produce that they can't sell in the private sector to the Commonwealth government at any price.

And that makes a huge difference, in states like Montana and agriculture-heavy states east of the border where farming is the way of life. I don't have to tell you that small farms were especially hit by this pandemic, but we already had a plan in place well before on the onset of the outbreak, thanks to the 2019 farm bill that has paid out more than $10 million in subsidis to small farmers in the last two years.

This means that even when the pandemic was at its worst, small and family farms survived that would otherwise not be here today, were it not for that aid.

And soon, Denver is going to spend an additional $100,000 for the relief of small farmers this year.

Folks, I am pleased to announce that Montana is once again open for business! Now, to outline his proposals for the next session, please welcome my friend, your governor, Budd Fuddrucker!

1. https://matadornetwork.com/read/missoula-montana-travel/
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #458 on: May 14, 2021, 11:04:36 AM »

Moab, Utah

I am eternally grateful to the people of this city for the hospitality they have shown me, and for the kindness and openness of heart with which they have welcomed me into their homes and shops, their schools and manufactories. They are grand people, and I am sorry my stay here is to be so short.

I have often said it does my heart good to be among the people of the West. I say it again now, and you know that I mean what I say. As I always mean what I say.

I understand that you have all had a visit from Wicked Weatherboy, who is one of the most dishonest men alive in Atlasia today. He can only set foot in this country when the most vicious and contemptible lies begin to pour from his mouth, and I am sorry to say his conduct of the last few days has been very bad indeed.

I know that he and all the other liars and cheaters in the opposition will be full of rage that I have told you this, because their hopes for success in Utah are predicated on their ability to confuse and deceive the people. But I cannot allow this. I have sworn an oath to preserve, protect, and defend the commonwealth of Frémont: and the rank dishonesty which we have had from Wicked Weatherboy of the last few days is entirely at odds with what is the interest of the people of Utah.

When I was in Logan earlier this week, I said the Labor party must declare war, not against the lies of one governor only, but against all corruption wherever it exists. We must denounce, root out, and destroy corruption in all its forms —with fire and sword we must destroy it, and sow the earth with salt so that it may never take root again.

When Mr. Udall lied to the people of Utah for personal gain, he betrayed the ideals of the New Great Society. He betrayed his constituents, and he betrayed the Labor party who elected him. For this, he has been cast aside —his career in public life is over —and he will soon be run out of office in disgrace. This is the punishment which befits a traitor to the cause of labor.

But Mr. Udall is not the only exemplar of the culture of corruption which pervades this country. We see his image in the fat corporate executives who grow rich on the labor of others. We see it, indeed, in the conduct of the Southern opposition surrogates who seek to profit by the misfortune of the people of Utah.

The opposition leaders were full of glee when the news of Mr. Udall's betrayal reached the presses. They were lusting after a chance to cut the throat of the Labor party in this state, and in their eagerness they shocked even their own sensibilities. Their chief, Wicked Weatherboy, was forced to go before the people and apologize for the grossly unfair claims he had made with respect to the character of the Labor party and to me personally. He then proceeded to make an explanation for his position. Every part of this explanation was flatly untrue or misleading in the extreme.

It is for this reason that I call his party the Dishonest Alliance.

Wicked Weatherboy has said, for instance, that myself and the other leaders of the Labor party were too slow to condemn Mr. Udall. In fact, myself, my colleague Mr. Scott, and the chair of the Labor party all denounced Mr. Udall and called for his impeachment barely more than an hour after news of his malfeasance became known. We would have done so sooner, but the editors of the Dispatch gave us no forewarning of the story they intended to print, and as I and they have stated already, none of us had any knowledge of Mr. Udall's misdeeds before that story was printed.

Wicked Weatherboy then said the only true thing in his entire remarks, that the Labor party should receive credit for quickly and uniformly denouncing Mr. Udall and calling for his removal, and that the impeachment proceedings —which the Labor party and the Labor nominee for governor are leading —should not be politicized. He promised that he would soon leave the state and not continue to harp after his false narrative of events regarding the downfall of the governor. We now know this was another lie.

Just yesterday, the Dishonest Alliance have released an ad, produced by Wicked Weatherboy, which attempts to tie the misdeeds of Mr. Udall to the Labor party and to me personally. I will not deign to repeat its charges here. The spirit and effect of the words which Wicked Weatherboy has written is to accuse the Labor party and me personally of having colluded with Mr. Udall, or being somehow otherwise complicit in his malfeasance.

Have you ever heard such an outrageous slander?

From the moment we learned of Mr. Udall's wrongdoing, myself and the whole Labor party were unanimous in denouncing him. We immediately called for him to be removed from office, and we launched the investigation to discover the extent of his deceptions.

I have said on several occasions that my government has no tolerance for corruption to any degree. I will say to you, what I said to the good people in Logan with respect to Mr. Udall: he is no friend of mine, I denounce him, and I disavow his administration.

Neither I nor any other leader of the Labor party had any foreknowledge of Mr. Udall's corruption. In this sense, we as well have been betrayed, by a man who has sabotaged our party's fortunes by his misconduct. Our hurt does not approach the hurt of the people of Utah, and it is for this reason that we have worked so strenuously to remove Mr. Udall from office.

In light of these facts, why does Wicked Weatherboy persist in attacking the Labor party in this manner? Simply, because he knows that if he has to fight this campaign on the issues, he will lose.

He knows that his party's record on rural issues is one of the worst of any party. He knows that his party's transportation program is essentially a reiteration of what has already been passed by the Labor party.

The central element of his party's transportation program in this county is a train to nowhere. These are not the hallmarks of a winning campaign.

Wicked Weatherboy knows that the people of Utah will never vote for him while they are focussed on the important issues that affect their daily lives. So he has invented a controversy, by attempting to tar the Labor party for actions they had no part in and roundly condemn.

When you vote the Dishonest Alliance ticket, you are not getting a fresh start. You are getting a second dose of the same corrupt politics practiced by the soon-to-be ex-governor: a politics that is willing to lie and cheat and mislead the people for personal gain.

The people of Utah are an intelligent people. They are not so easily taken in by these lies and deceptions.

On May 29 they are going to vote for the party who have always had their backs, who have always looked out for the farmers and the working people of this state. And they are going to send the Dishonest Alliance packing.

We did not seek this fight. But we will not hesitate to defend ourselves when we are the target of dishonest and deceitful attacks.

We are going to win this election, and we are going to throw out the dishonest politicians in all parties once and for all!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #459 on: May 14, 2021, 11:33:44 AM »

Waco, Texas
socially-distanced, masks-mandatory event, livestreamed on TX Labor website

Good day, Waco!

It's a small anecdote, yes, but unfortunately, Pork Barrel Rail has once more returned. Thankfully, it's not coming here to Texas to soak up valuable taxpayer money, but over in Utah I've heard of a commuter rail proposal for counties with less population than here in McLennan County, and 6 times the land area. It's absolutely insane, folks!

These pie-in-the-sky proposals are the exact opposite of the infrastructure proposals you can expect from Texas Labor. Instead of utilizing a one-size-fits-all solution for every single perceived flaw in infrastructure, we're going to tackle the issue from multiple different fronts, all with an eye for future economic growth, energy stability, and environmental friendliness. 

Just south of here lies the future Interstate 14 corridor. One day, this new interstate will link military bases across the South, and will create thousands of jobs and economic opportunities for folks across Central Texas - whether they live in towns like Waco or College Station, or smaller rural communities hungering for new job growth. Building new links that are accessible for all is the hallmark of Labor's infrastructure plan, and if y'all elect a Labor majority to the statehouse we'll get to work on Day One to make it reality!

And, of course, Labor is determined to fix Texas's energy problem. Governor Bryant and the Labor congressional caucus were prepared to pass an omnibus energy bill to expand renewable energy and revamp Texas's energy grid last session, but Rich Man Federalists blocked it at every term - making working Texans pay the price when that very same energy grid collapsed in February. A Labor statehouse majority would act quickly, with Governor Bryant and working with neighboring states, to ensure a similar crisis can never happen again. Our first priority will be to send folks in to adequately winterize energy functions across the state, ensuring that all Texans can count on a steady flow of electricity regardless of any future winter storms. We'll work with the federal and regional governments, the energy industry and neighboring states to reconnect Texas to the national grid - adding another failsafe for ERCOT. Then, we'll launch the largest renewable energy expansion in the history of the state. Here on the plains, Waco has a lot to gain from this historic investment - clean, reliable energy, and a steady stream of safe, well-paying jobs. And, Labor will ensure that no worker is left behind. We'll offer paid retraining programs for former fossil fuel workers, and give them first pick of new renewable energy jobs in their area. It's simple - Texas Labor is the party of workers and working families, and we will not allow any of them to slip through the cracks, even in pursuit of an essential goal.

Of course, there's a caveat. If the Rich Man Federalists - and by extension, slimy Wall Street special interests - can hold onto the statehouse, our ambitious plans to fix the Texan energy grid will be blocked, so the Feds can protect their pocketbooks and satisfy their shareholders. We hoped that they would be amenable to comprehensive energy legislation following the February Energy Crisis - but, as we saw, they fiddled while Texas froze and refused to cease their obstructionist ways. I beseech you, do NOT reward them for blocking even the most essential, the most obvious, of reforms. It's past time to send them packing, and elect a majority to the Statehouse that will care for the working families of Texas!

I'm here today with Dr. Roger Ernest, Waco's candidate for State Senate. He's been an active participant in the local political scene in addition to a beloved pediatrician, and he's ready to head down to Austin to fight for Waco and against corrupt special interests. He'll be speaking next today on our policy vision and the importance of retaking both the State House and the State Senate.

Thank you, Waco! Remember to mask up, stay safe, and vote Labor up and down the ballot this May!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #460 on: May 14, 2021, 12:10:46 PM »

Killeen, Texas

Howdy, Killeen!

It is a pleasure to be here today among many veterans. Y'all are doing great work for this country, and we thank you for your service.

But, it's also important that we in government don't just express verbal gratitude for our folks in uniform. We need to work for them, and ensure that veterans and their families are adequately cared for.

That starts when veterans are still in uniform. Texas Labor's focus on infrastructure doubles as an investment in the military and defense both within and beyond the Lone Star State. Interstate 14 - the Forts-to-Ports project that we've championed since our people-powered movement began last October - will greatly improve connectivity between folks here at Fort Hood and other military bases across the South, in addition to creating jobs and economic opportunity across Central Texas. These jobs could be an opportunity for retired veterans hoping to start a new life after their service here in Killeen! And, our commitment to a complete revamp of Texas's energy grid will also benefit our men and women in uniform - ensuring that they (and their families back home) can enjoy a steady supply of power during their tour of duty here at Fort Hood.

And, our commitment to veterans, of course, continues beyond this. There are too many tragic stories of former servicepeople being left by their government to be homeless on the street, without any form of support or aid. Texas Labor is determined to stop this. We'll work to improve the Lone Star State's support network for veterans - ensuring that they have ample opportunities to pursue work AND study here in Texas after they leave the military - and more broadly, ensure that no Texan, veteran or not, is left without the support they need. For too long, the wealthy in charge of government have not hesitated to cut support for the working and needy while writing themselves massive tax cuts and loophole. In contrast, Labor will enact a New Great Society - a government for and by the people that acts to nurture and support its constituents, rather than leaving them in the dust. A Texan, President Lyndon B. Johnson, began this movement that chose compassion over callousness half a century ago - and you can count on Labor to preserve, protect and advance his legacy.

Thank you, Killeen! Mask up, stay safe, and vote Labor this May!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #461 on: May 14, 2021, 12:23:01 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2021, 07:32:42 PM by Speak No Evil for one month »

Fredericksburg, Texas1

Good morning, Fredericksburg!

It's good to be back in Texas after spending most of this week at home in Frémont. Vice President OBD has done a spectacular job running Governor Bryant and Labor's campaign in the state, and in anticipation of tonight's polls, I thought I'd make another run down here as we enter the second half of the campaign season.

Gillespie County probably isn't expected to be friendly Labor territory this month. Although, given the absence of Federalist leaders, we might be in for some big surprises this month. But there is a very specific reason I picked Fredericksburg today.

Not far from here is the boyhood home of the 36th President of the former United States, Lyndon Baines Johnson. When President Kennedy was taken from us on that solemn day, President Johnson bore the great challenges of healing a country in mourning, while also establishing programs intended to provide aid to our seniors, our poor, and our working men and women of this great country, in addition to solving the problem of racial injustice.

Lyndon Johnson packaged these reforms into what he called the "Great Society", which the President defined as "a society where no child will go unfed, and no youngster will go unschooled."

Public education was expanded, medical care was expanded, urban problems were addressed, rural poverty was addressed, and new transportation initiatives were launched during this time - by the most progressive Congress since the New Deal era. These programs proved to be so popular that they were even expanded under the two consecutive Republican presidents after Johnson left office.

Labor has, for the last two years the party has been in power, built on President Johnson's vision - very often with bipartisan or tripartisan support. We're expanding civil rights for black Atlasians and protection from police misconduct, we're investing in high speed rail and infrastructure, we're employing those who lost their jobs during the pandemic with our renewed Civilian Conservation Corps and paying them living wages, we're raising teacher pay.

All of the major initiatives out of the last two years, and our various stimulus measures keeping small businesses and families afloat, were led by one party: the party of the working people, the marginalized, the poor, and those who are victims of bigotry. That's the Labor Party.

And so we in the Labor Party have recently dubbed these last two years and growing as the New Great Society. We've rolled back decades of deregulation backed by corporate interests. We've re-expanded the safety net. We've implemented criminal justice reform as well as police brutality to address what's been called the "new Jim Crow".

We've stood with our nation's farmers, teachers, small business owners, those who've been afflicted by this horrendous pandemic and lost loved ones, both young and old. And in the process, we are growing our economy by taking the necessary steps to expand public works programs.

This, my friends, is the New Great Society.

But Federalist obstruction in Austin has stalled that progress in the Lone Star State, and it left our most vulnerable to suffer in the freezing winter last February. All so that they can have an issue to run on. And even then, Federalists have been hesitant to speak to you all on their vision for Texas.

This month, Texas, we're sending a message to the opposition by sending Governor Bryant back with a heavy mandate.

I'm happy to have Governor Bryant to speak with me today, but first I'd like to introduce two of our candidates for statehouse: Colonel Phil McCabe, and anti-poverty activist Elisha Samson, who are running for State Senate and State House, respectively. I've been very fortunate to recruit and meet with our diverse array of candidates for statehouse in all the states we're contesting this month. People of all backgrounds, professions, and creeds. A record number of retired or active-duty military veterans, and an even bigger number of women.

Texas, you are on track to having one of the most progressive, diverse legislators representing you in Austin. These are people with your interests at heart. These are people who want to banish this pandemic to the pit of Hell and double down on our recovery efforts. These people are the New Great Society. These are the people who we've set out to build on the legacy of Presidents Johnson, Kennedy, Truman, and Roosevelt.

They're going to fight like hell for you. And while the districts we're competing it might not look good for us on paper, we're paving the way for a great red wave across the State of Texas, in big cities and small towns alike.

This month, let's return Governor Bryant to the Governor's Mansion with a strong mandate.

And now it is my honor to introduce you to my friend, your governor, Ramsey Bryant!

1. https://truewestmagazine.com/article/fredericksburg-texas/ | Courtesy Travel Texas
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #462 on: May 14, 2021, 01:42:19 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2021, 03:57:15 PM by Speak No Evil for one month »

Ad: Fool Me Twice
To be aired throughout Utah

Reporter 1: "Paulson requested the Congress authorize a $700 billion fund to acquire toxic mortgages, telling Congress 'If it doesn't pass, then heaven help us all.'"1

Reporter 2: "...the DJIA dropped 777.68 points, or 7%, its largest point drop in history."2

Reporter 3: "A total of 861,664 families lost their homes to foreclosure last year, according to RealtyTrac..."3

Reporter 4: Income inequality reaching record heights...

Reporter 5: "World's 26 richest people own as much as poorest 50%..."4

MALE VOICEOVER: Decades of neoliberalism rotted the middle class, and now after years of economic reforms designed to protect the vulnerable, the old country club wants the keys to the car.

[A grayed picture of Ben Matheson with the caption "[RADICAL NEOLIBERAL]" pops onscreen]

[A montage opens of Amanda Young, wearing a mask, talking with various individuals, families, and workers]

MALE VOICEOVER: But Amanda Young has a proven record of keeping big corporations and special interests in check, and ensuring that Utah remains the land of opportunity for all. This May, keep Utah middle-class families on the right track. Elect Amanda Young for Governor.

PAID FOR BY LABOR GOVERNORS ASSOCIATION

1. Solomon, Deborah; Rappaport, Liz; Paletta, Damian; Hilsenrath, Jon (September 20, 2008).
2. Isidore, Chris (September 29, 2008). "Bailout plan rejected - supporters scramble". CNN.
3. https://money.cnn.com/2009/01/15/real_estate/millions_in_foreclosure/#:~:text=A%20total%20of%20861%2C664%20families,received%20a%20notice%20last%20year.
4. https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/jan/21/world-26-richest-people-own-as-much-as-poorest-50-per-cent-oxfam-report
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #463 on: May 14, 2021, 01:45:55 PM »

Georgetown, Texas

Good day, Georgetown!

While the rest of Texas - and Atlasia - lags behind, Georgetown is one of the first cities in Atlasia - and the first on Texas - to run entirely on renewable energy, with Georgetown Utility purchasing 100% of its energy from solar and wind power. It's a huge step forward, and a heartening sign of what's to come for Texas. Folks here can sleep easy knowing that their energy usage isn't straining already dwindling fossil fuel resources, or contributing to the climate change that led to last winter's devastating winter storm.

However, there remains work to do, both here in Georgetown and across the state, and Texas Labor is eager and ready to tackle the problems still plaguing Texas's energy grid. We're well aware that, at least for now, renewable energy can be expensive - and, we have multiple plans to help mitigate this. Firstly, we're going to support continued renewable energy construction, as well as research into ways to make solar, wind, hydro, and other forms of clean energy more efficient and cheaper to produce. The more renewable energy we can produce, the more Texans can tap into its clean, reliable power, and that's all the better as we pivot to face down the threat of climate change. Accompanying this effort will be a comprehensive effort to revamp and repair the Texan energy grid - both a statewide winterizing and reliably connecting new energy sources to the grid to ensure that a repeat of the February energy crisis can never happen again. We'll work to implement a solar loans program so individual Texans can buy solar panels for their own homes - and reap the benefits of reduced utility costs - regardless of their personal income. And, we'll accompany these efforts with a concerted push to research and safely expand nuclear energy - a cheap, relatively clean power source with the potential to power thousands of Texan homes reliably, year-round. Nuclear will be an excellent stopgap as scientists and researchers across Atlasia and the world work to make completely renewable power sources cheaper and more efficient.

But Texas Labor won't just advance Texas on energy. We'll continue to fight for the wellbeing of working Texans, just like the federal Labor Party in Nyman. As part of our New Great Society programs, we've expanded the social safety net with a historic expansion to social security under President Pericles. We believe that elderly retired folks - who worked their entire lives to support their families and our country - deserve strong support from their government as they live out their glory days, and Labor delivered on these beliefs in a big way. Texas Labor will continue to advance this philosophy, and will work to ensure that elderly folks are supported and cared for by their government - particularly, that they're protected from COVID, especially in nursing homes. No elderly Texans will be left behind under Governor Bryant and a Labor congressional majority.

So, Georgetown, the choice is clear. Texas is at a fork in the road, and must choose between the status quo and continued obstructionism, or an active, progress-oriented government committed to the New Great Society and supporting every Texan, regardless of their skin color or wealth. I urge you to reject the party that wants to hold Texas back, and vote up and down the ballot for Labor, who will move Texas forward into a prosperous, inclusive future.

And now, I'd like to introduce your candidate for State House, Evelyn Rolla. A retired librarian who saw elderly family members struggle without adequate support from their government, she's seen the consequences of regressive conservative policy, and is eager to get to Austin to help us enact our New Great Society here in Texas. She'll be an aggressive fighter for both Georgetown's large retired community, and the kids that she helped teach at the Georgetown Public Library for 33 years. Let's give her a warm welcome!

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #464 on: May 14, 2021, 09:04:14 PM »

Jersey City, NJ
5/14/2021
10:00 PM EDT

Good evening,

The Democratic Alliance has sided time and again with the right bloc here in Lincoln and has hurt working class families, like those here in Jersey City. To begin with, they supported an elimination of the wealth tax, a tax that applies only to the wealthiest of the wealthiest and allows for Lincoln to fund basic services like healthcare and education. The Democratic Alliance supported gutting taxes for the rich and big corporations, joining the Federalists to give a handout to their rich allies. On the other hand, I understood the need to balance giving tax relief to the lower classes and the need to tax the rich to fund social programs, I am proud to say that Labor's proposal lowered taxes for anyone making under $490,000. We also made sure big multinational corporations paid their fair share by raising the corporate tax on big business. Labor has a record of fighting for you, the Democratic Alliance simply does not.

The Democratic Alliance also backed eliminating affirmative action in Lincoln. They believe that racism is over and that representing underprivileged minority groups is no longer needed. If we let them be in charge of this region, we'd have all white colleges in no time. In fact, they wanted to fine individuals $25,000 for the crime of being accepted to a college under minority college. We'll call it the Minority Tax. Fortunately during debate the Minority Tax was lowered to $2,500, thanks to the work of our hardworking Labor Councilors. But, now with the liberal bloc once again governing Lincoln, Labor has pushed for the total elimination of the Minority Tax. Labor has also pushed for introducing racial bias testing for admissions officials, so that we can ensure that those who choose applicants can do so without racist attitudes, that disadvantage minority applicants. The Democratic Alliance has gone so far off the deep end in its absurd belief that racism is over that they pushed to end diversity training. This is training that teaches workers to be tolerant of people of other races and ethnicities. This state cannot afford any more of the DA's reactionary, far-right, and nonsensical policy on race.

The Democratic Alliance has also laid its bed in the meadow of right wing culture war nonsense. They backed a bill that would punish doctors for the crime of providing reproductive healthcare. We here in New Jersey understand that this is a clear violation of the right to choose and a clear slap in the face at the rights that millions of women enjoy thanks to Roe v Wade. The Democratic Alliance also backed an absurd rollback of Lincoln gun laws, which would once again allow certain types of assault weapons to be legal. These are weapons of war and they will now fall into the hands of criminals. Labor on the other hand has walked the walk and talked the talk on gun control and remains committed to keeping you and your family safe, whether it be at the local mall or at your child's school.

The Democratic Alliance and Governor Baglieri are a front for a disastrous, right wing agenda, don't give them another term, New Jersey can't afford it.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #465 on: May 14, 2021, 09:13:31 PM »

Round Rock, Texas

Good evening, Round Rock!

It's a new day here in Texas, and in Atlasia at-large. With Presidents MB and Sestak presiding over an extremely successful distribution of vaccinations nationwide, we are at last seeing an end to this long-trying COVID crisis. The CDC recently came through with data that shows comprehensively the near-perfect effectiveness of the vaccine, and as more and more Texans are vaccinated a return to normalcy is in sight. This means that we can soon welcome full crowds to these campaign events (and believe me, are we looking forward to is!), but more importantly, folks across Texas can get off Zoom and back to their regular lives. Kids can head back to school, adults back to a safe, COVID-free workplace, and the elderly can hug their grandchildren again without fear of contracting a potentially deadly disease. There's hope - not COVID - in the air, and the smell is certainly refreshing.

While this pandemic has put strain on nearly every element of daily life here in Texas, strong, science-based Labor leadership has curbed the spread, limited deaths, and now, put Atlasia on a firm path to recovery. I shudder to imagine the horror that would have been inflicted on Atlasia had a less competent administration handled the pandemic. Since the start of the pandemic, Labor has been a strong advocate for listening to the science, and listening to the people - we've listened to professional advice to mask up and socially distance to stop the spread, and we've sent support to the millions of Texans - and Atlasians - that struggled financially and emotionally during this pandemic. And, with the end in sight, you can trust Texas Labor to continue providing strong leadership on COVID to bring this crisis to a close. With the new CDC guideline on vaccinated folks no longer needing masks (as they are, by and large, not carriers for COVID), Texas Labor will work overtime to get vaccines to as many Texans as possible - and, we'll continue to advertise the vaccine and provide information to folks about its safety and the benefits of protecting oneself from COVID. In fact, I'll urge y'all right now - go out and get vaccinated! The supply is abundant, and with a vaccine card in hand you can have additional peace of mind, help your community by reducing the potential COVID spread - and, you'll no longer need to wear a mask! It's a win-win for everyone, which is why we're committed to getting to the finish line on COVID and putting this crisis behind us.

And, you can count on Texas Labor to continue leading beyond the pandemic. Whether it's in Nyman or just down the road in Austin, Labor has been the party for active government for and by the people. The pandemic didn't stop us from passing a nationwide living wage, a historic social security expansion, a revolutionary green energy plan, a comprehensive expansion of rural broadband, a plan to supercharge urban redevelopment, and so much more. But here in the Lone Star State, there's a different obstacle: the obstructionist Federalists who'd rather derail our agenda for political points then stop the entire state from freezing in the cold grip of a historically bad winter storm - one, in fact, caused by the climate change threat that they seem content to ignore, given their response to our renewable energy legislation! Texas Labor is eager to get to work on our ambitious New Great Society programs, but we're going to need your help. We're going to need y'all to go out and vote up and down the ballot for Labor this month, and send a message to the Federalists that their days of halting The People's Agenda are OVER!

And now, I'd like to hand over the mic to your State Senator, Reilly Rondo. A former doctor and medical researcher, she's one of Governor Bryant's most trusted advisors for the Governor's Office's fight against COVID-19, and she's ready to fight like hell for y'all even after COVID subsides!

Thank you, Round Rock! Let's re-elect Governor Bryant, Senator Rondo, and ROCK THE VOTE to a Labor landslide this May!
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #466 on: May 14, 2021, 09:18:26 PM »

Extreme: TV AD to air in NJ

(Show picture of DA NJ government with words moderate)

Female narrator: The Democratic Alliance claims to be moderate

(Same pic as earlier, except background becomes red)

Female narrator: Yet their record in office indicates otherwise

(show scissors cutting money and then show large mansions with gated communities, which gradually brightens in the background, until by the end of this sentence, the scissors snipping is the same opacity as the gated communities)

Female narrator: The Democratic Alliance supported cutting taxes...for the rich

(show pro choice protestors with "My body-my choice" signs)

Female narrator: The Democratic Alliance supported an extreme abortion law that would punish doctors, severely limiting the right to choose

(scene starts with image of military figure, and then shifts to dark suburban neighborhood with silhouette lurking ominously in the background with the silhouette of a weapon visible)

Female narrator: The Democratic Alliance supported ending the assault weapon ban, allowing dangerous military grade weapons onto our street

(shows minority students, then shows them slowly slide down the screen as a large boulder with the word minority tax appears, to give the image of them being crushed by the minority tax)

Female narrator: The Democratic Alliance supports ending affirmative action, ending chances for minority students to be represented in universities. They even supported a "Minority Tax," fining minority students if they were accepted to university

(words appear on the screen with the words "Alabama" and "too extreme for New Jersey" in a dark shade of red which seems to indicate warning about something or something ominous)

Female narrator: The Democratic Alliance's agenda might be fine in Alabama, but they're just too extreme for New Jersey

Labor Majority PAC paid for the content of this ad

Note to Peanut: Labor Majority PAC is a SuperPAC dedicated solely to winning control of state legislatures for the Labor Party
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #467 on: May 14, 2021, 09:47:11 PM »

Austin, Texas
drive-in mega-rally with Governor Bryant and Labor candidates livestreamed on TX Labor website and local TV stations

HELLOOOOO, AUSTIN!

It is GREAT to be back in the capital of Texas! Just seven months ago, we launched our grassroots, people-powered campaign to end Jim Crow conservative governance here in the Lone Star State - and we nearly succeeded, thanks to the amazing efforts of volunteer folks like y'all. From the vibrant, diverse streets of El Paso to the idyllic ranches of East Texas, Texans sick and tired of the status quo rose up, organized, and drove us to a strong win for Governor Bryant and a good showing in the legislature. And I'll never stop being proud of everyone, whether they spent all of October calling for us, asked an acquaintance to register to vote, or simply did their civic duty by casting a ballot, for their invaluable contributions to our come-from-behind win last cycle.

But, our fight is not over yet. Governor Bryant and Labor's statehouse delegation came into office ready to keep our promises and pass a bevy of bills for the working families of Texas - a New Great Society. But, obstructionist Rich Man Federalists refused to budge. They used every legislative trick in the book to stall and kill our initiatives, then turned around and stuck the blame on us! And, even the worst winter weather crisis in recent history - which knocked out power across virtually the entire state - could not, did not move them! Instead of working with us to deliver working Texans the relief they deserved, the Rich Man Federalists retreated to their opulent mansions to fiddle as the rest of Texas froze! They think that they're succeeded in turning their refusal to act and cooperate with us into political power points, but Texans WILL NOT be fooled! Texans can see through their web of political chicanery, and will comprehensively reject the forces of obstruction and regression at the ballot box this election!

Though many months have passed, Texas Labor's plans are just as ambitious, and just as hopeful for the amazing potential this state holds. If granted the House and Senate majorities - and by extension, the People's mandate - we'll work comprehensively to Build Back Better and make the New Great Society a reality. From energy to criminal justice, infrastructure to education, there is so much work to be done to improve the lives of working Texans and ensure that everyone in this state, regardless of their race or wealth, has the equal opportunity to go far in life, and chase their dreams. We will completely revolutionize energy here in Texas, winterizing and modernizing the energy grid while expanding clean energy through new construction and new jobs for working Texans. We will put the "Build" in "Build Back Better" by investing in infrastructure, whether that be through improving the electric charging network, making public transportation more accessible, or blazing new Interstate Highways across the state to link folks together and foster economic opportunity. We will invest in historically marginalized communities, whether that be poor African-Atlasians in the inner city or the immigrant farmworker in the rural Rio Grande Valley. We will scrub discriminatory statute - which the obstructionist Federalists have protected - from the lawbooks, and ensure workers have the right to a living wage, a roof above their heads, and good food on the table. And, we'll invest in public education, revitalizing inner-city and rural schools and ensuring that educational opportunity is not limited to those with the means to afford private school. Friends, a New South, a New Texas, is just within reach! And if we can harness the grassroots energy we captured last October, build on it, and ride to a landslide victory up and down the ballot, we can create a progressive, inclusive, better future for Texas.

So, Austin, now is not the time to hold back! Let's get to work, dig in, and achieve an overwhelming victory this May! The time is NOW for a unified Texas government that will provide true leadership on a wide range of issues, a government that will deliver for the working families of this great state. COVID threw a wrench in everyone's lives, but y'all know that you can't keep a Texan down. Let's Build Back Better, by sending Governor Bryant back to the Governor's Office along with two beautiful Labor majorities in the State House and Senate!

THANK YOU, AUSTIN! I cannot reiterate enough how grateful I am to y'all for coming out, and fighting the good fight here in the Lone Star State. And now, I'd like to introduce the man of the hour, GOVERNOR RAMSEY BRYANT!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #468 on: May 14, 2021, 09:55:01 PM »

Monticello, Utah

We are all very sorry for the people of Panguitch, who have just had a visit from Wicked Weatherboy. He had many hard words for me, but none of them were very interesting, and I will admit I did not listen for very long.

In amongst his long and bizarre list of grievances, he called all of you who are members of the Labor party zombies. And he predicted that the people of Utah will shortly install his party in office, because he knows many big words.

I do not know what he meant to imply by this statement. But I assure him I have many more words than he cares to hear!

If my speech is to plain for his intellectual Eastern pedigree, I suggest he go back where he came from. We certainly do not want him here!

Wicked Weatherboy seems not to know the difference between writing poetry and running a government. So I will spell it out for him.

This election is not about words. This election is about facts.

When the people of Utah examine the facts for themselves, they will see that the record of the last four years recommends the election of the Labor party candidates.

It is the Labor party that has come down consistently on the side of the farmers —by raising $350 million for the relief of farmers suffering from drought, by raising another $10 1/2 million since 2019 in subsidies for small farmers, by passing the 2020 farm bill to bail out the farmers during the pandemic, and by breaking the monopoly of Southern big agriculture.

It is the Labor party that has come down consistently on the side of the small towns and rural areas —by investing in rural infrastructure, rural schools, rural hospitals, and rural vaccination.

It is the Labor party that has come down consistently on the side of the working people —by protecting the right of every worker to join a union, to be paid a fair wage, and to sue their employer when they are being cheated.

It is the Labor party that has come down consistently on the side of working families —by establishing paid family leave, better schools, better childcare, and by eliminating income and property taxes for middle and working class families.

The Dishonest Alliance have no answer to these achievements. Their solution is to steal our accomplishments and pass them off as their own.

When he was in Cedar City today, Wicked Weatherboy said that if a Dishonest Alliance government is elected, they will pay for local infrastructure out of the state budget. He presented this recommendation to the people of Cedar City as proof of his commitment to local control of transportation.

This is an excellent suggestion. I am so strongly in favor of it, that I already passed it into law over a year ago!

This is, in fact, the spitting image of the Public Transportation Expansions/Connections Act which I signed last year. But Wicked Weatherboy presented this as his own invention!

You see now why I call his party the "Dishonest Alliance."

He then said that Labor cannot be trusted to deliver on our promises to the people of Utah, because we have done so many times in the past.

I do not know what sort of philosophy this is, but perhaps it is because I do not know enough words.

Wicked Weatherboy says his party is full of words. But they are hard-up for actions.

In the last regional elections, the Dishonest Alliance campaigned on solving the rural health crisis. But when the Rural Health Act came up in parliament, they did not even show up for the vote.

That is the sort of leadership you get when you vote for the Dishonest Alliance.

I say that the people of Utah are an intelligent people. And they are not going to be taken in by Wicked Weatherboy and the "radical neoliberal" opposition parties.

I believe when you go to the polls, you are going to remember who has always been on your side. And you are going to remember who only shows up once every six months to promise you what you already have.

I believe you are going to elect Amanda Young the next governor of this state. And you are going to elect a Labor majority along with her in the legislature!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #469 on: May 14, 2021, 10:13:52 PM »

A Message From The Chair
livestreamed on all State Labor websites

image of Ted Lieu from LAMag

MC: And now, folks, I'm proud to give you...the Vice President of Atlasia, and your Labor Party Chair!

Good evening, Atlasia! It is great to be in beautiful Ventura tonight!

Atlasia, hope is in the air. At long last, the COVID pandemic appears to be drawing to a close. It has been an honor to work in the Executive Branch with President Sestak to lead Atlasia to perhaps the world's most successful vaccine distribution efforts, and I'm just as excited and eager as the rest of y'all to get off the endless Zoom calls and breathe in the fresh summer breeze!

Labor has provided essential leadership during this difficult time. From President Pericles's active, competent efforts to contain COVID in the early days of the pandemic to the efficient vaccination machine supported by the efforts of Presidents MB and Sestak, Labor's principled, science-based response has spared Atlasians from the worst of the pandemic. And we haven't stopped our fight for the working Atlasian during these trying times, either! In addition to comprehensive COVID relief bills, we've passed a bevy of great bills to improve the lives of average Atlasians - from rural broadband expansion to the Red-Green New Deal.

And we're not done yet! We will continue to win for the Atlasian people, both on the national and local levels. This convention, we're going to nominate an amazing presidential ticket, and they are going to win this June and continue Labor's strong legislative legacy. We're going to craft a House slate that truly speaks to the interest of the people of Atlasia, a House slate that will head into Nyman and fight fervently for y'all every single day. And, we're going to open the floor to continue refining our platform, working in new, innovative ideas to continue our fight for the working families of Atlasia. There's so much to do, so much we must do for the working people of Atlasia, and I can't wait to get started!

And now, it is my honor to welcome Labor Party delegates to Ventura! Delegates, please sign in promptly. I hereby call this convention to order!

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #470 on: May 14, 2021, 11:10:15 PM »
« Edited: May 15, 2021, 06:36:03 PM by Speak No Evil for one month »

A Message From The Former Vice President
livestreamed on all State Labor websites

image of Mark Udall from CSPAN

MC: And now, folks, I'm proud to give you... the former Vice President of Atlasia, Scott!

Thank you! Thank you all!

Good evening Ventura, good evening Frémont, and good evening to the great people of Atlasia!

Well, here we are, Atlasia. After a year of hardship, a year of loss, a year of pain, here we all are - together, as patriots and as the stewards of what we in Labor call the New Great Society.

When I re-entered the Atlasian Senate early last year, our government was immediately tasked with combating this invisible enemy, COVID-19. I worked with then-Speaker thumb to introduce the first of what would be many stimulus measures, intended to keep our economy afloat, our citizens fed and living under a roof, our essential workers safe, and even a UBI pilot program that may serve as the impetus for a long-term reform.

We acted swiftly in the face of a crisis. And in the process, we've laid the grounds for new infrastructure projects in the post-COVID economy. We renewed the Depression-era Civilian Conservation Corps, specifically to provide living wages to workers emerging from the pandemic, which will result in unprecedented improvements to our infrastructure and new opportunities for Atlasians in cities and rural areas.

Right now as we speak, your Labor Congress is deliberating legislation that will apply to the World Trade Organisation for a patent waiver on coronavirus vaccines and treatments. The House is on the cusp of passing the High Speed Rail Act, which will connect cities, states, and regions throughout our Republic.

Labor has led these efforts, many with bipartisan support, to modernize our infrastructure and expand our safety net, especially in these trying times.

We passed the Red-Green New Deal, which passed by a mere 4-2 party-line vote in the Atlasian Senate. I was there when we passed that bill, and as I've said so many times over the course of my campaign in the states, from Texas to Wyoming, that vote was one of my proudest as an Atlasian Senator.

And we're going to carry that battle onward, from Nyman to Lincoln to the South to my home region of Frémont! And we will resist any attempt to undo the progress that we have made thus far. We're going to put the elites and liars in their place, regardless of what party they hail from.

And yes, folks, our own party is no exception to that.

To those in our party not from Frémont, welcome to Ventura! This is where we formally outline our vision for the future of our country. This is where we put forward our new plan for Atlasia in a post-pandemic nation. This is where we formally mark this great new era in social progress.

My friends, the New Great Society is here to stay, and we'll keep fighting for every supporter, for every last vote we can get.

Good times are here again! And so is a much-needed return to normalcy and stability.

Thank you, Ventura! Dave bless you all, Dave bless this great land of ours, and Dave bless the people who make it great!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #471 on: May 16, 2021, 07:34:28 AM »
« Edited: May 16, 2021, 08:05:39 PM by Speak No Evil for one month »

Jackson, Wyoming1
Pictured: Former Vice President Scott meeting with Governor Wynona Thomas in Jackson Hole before the small campaign rally
Livestreamed on WY Labor website

Jackson will always be home to me. Wyoming, like so many of our states in Frémont, is like one big small town. And this morning I'm glad to be here with my good friend, Governor Wynona Thomas, for our first rally without mask mandates or social distancing in place.

While I have no doubt that Wyoming will remain in Labor hands, I would be remiss to ignore the state that's been so good to me since I moved to Frémont a few years ago. It's hard to believe that after the events of the past week, we are only halfway through campaign season. I for one am using the opportunity to relax in anticipation of the upcoming polls.

"Wyoming loves Wynona." I saw that on a few signs driving my way up here. Wynona has been a shining example of Labor leadership at its best. Her calm demeanor, her down-to-earth personality, and her passion for the great outdoors, all embody the spirit of this great state.

And it's only fitting that the first state to give women the right to vote, is also one of the states to have elected a woman governor in the first round of state elections.

There is good reason Wyoming is often referred to as the Equality State.

Over the course of this campaign, I've had the pleasure of recruiting a diverse slate of candidates of all backgrounds, including military, and a record number of women and black, Asian, and Latino Atlasians.

Truly our party reflects the makeup of the nation it governs.

And as we prepare to pass President Sestak's mass transit bill, you all can rest assured that Wyomingites will get a slice of the pie. Hundreds who were put out of work because of the pandemic will continue to be employed by the new CCC and build on our road system, especially in the remote areas of big states like Wyoming where our major population centers - Jackson, Cheyenne, Cody, Casper, Sheridan, and Laramie - are scattered throughout.

Wynona is making that change possible. She knows that Wyoming has a partner in Denver as well as Nyman.

And to those watching this rally at home, I will say these words until I'm blue in the face: once you are fully vaccinated, YOU DO NOT NEED A MASK. And soon Labor will be holding more rallies like this, where social distancing and mask-wearing are no longer necessary.

So get vaccinated. Do your part in combating this pandemic. And I guarantee that you will reap the benefits.

I'm going to pass the mic along to Wynona to say a few words. Afterwards, I'll be resting at my ranch while we await the mid-campaign polls.

Dave bless all of you. Let's keep moving forward as one state, one nation, one region, and ultimately, as one people.

Thank you very much.

1. https://www.livewaterjacksonhole.com/the-jackson-hole-way/outsized-jackson-hole/
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #472 on: May 16, 2021, 05:49:06 PM »

5/16/21
6:30 PM EDT
Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ

Good afternoon,

It's great to be back here in Morris County, a place that I call home. Unfortunately, the Democratic Alliance continues to spread lies across this state. Failed president and now perennial candidate weatherboy1102 recently decided to foray here into the North bringing his southern ideas with him. He then said that we've been lying about the Democratic Alliance's record on guns and abortion. That couldn't be further from the truth. (He makes a slight, but audible laugh and the audience laughs too). He claims that the party wants abortion to be "safe, legal and rare," yet it was his party that proposed a bill that would punish doctors for providing abortion services. It is his party that wants to force women to use coat hangers again to have unsafe abortions. They know they can't win on the facts, so they want to hide from their record. They claim that Labor is not united on the issue of gun control, and yes this is true. However, what they decline to mention is that the Labor trifecta was the one that passed the AWB federally. What they also decline to mention is that it was the Labor trifecta in Lincoln that passed the AWB and the sole Labor Councilor was the one who refused to vote for its repeal. They cannot win on the facts so they just want to dodge, dodge, dodge.

Now they want to try and convince you that they are responsible for distributing vaccines, when in fact, it was the strong coronavirus responses of three liberal bloc led federal governments under Presidents Pericles, MB, and Sestak who got that done. They were the ones who led the coronavirus response, and they are the reasons that you have vaccines now. Their leadership got us through this crisis. Now the Democratic Alliance are truly living up to their nickname of the Dishonest Alliance claiming to want to run on rail improvements. That couldn't be further from the truth either, in Congress, they supported a disastrous plan that would have sent your New Jersey tax dollars to pay for hundreds of miles of rail through uninhabited, arid stretches of Texas desert. Now they seem to be running on a similar proposal, but instead in southern Utah desert wanting to send your hard earned tax dollars to cross land whose only inhabitants are scorpions and rattlesnakes. On the other hand, Labor expanded the LincolnRail system here in Lincoln and provided high speed rail access to several towns that lacked it. We choose an approach where rail would go where it was truly needed, not unlike the failed proposals of the Democratic Alliance.

In fact one thing that I found most bizarre when ex-president weatherboy1102 came up here to the North was that he declined to respond to the attacks about the minority tax. It seems that even he knows it's wrong, yet neither he nor the Governor are willing to condemn the minority tax. They think it's perfectly fine to fine minority students for the crime of being accepted to college. Quite frankly, it is time to ponder about whether or not we need a term of this nonsense, or if we want a new direction, a progressive direction, a truly liberal party in charge.

The Democratic Alliance has hid from their record time and time again, and is hiding from it again, don't let them win this election off of lies, vote Labor if you want real change. Thank you!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #473 on: May 16, 2021, 11:38:31 PM »
« Edited: May 17, 2021, 01:04:35 AM by Speak No Evil for one month »

Salt Lake City, Utah1

Hello again, Salt Lake City! It's been a long ride from my ranch in Wyoming to here, but I want Labor's vision for the state to be known to every Utahn, in both rural and urban areas. And that is why tonight, we are running voter registration campaigns to get as many people to turn out as possible.

Tonight is something of a historic day. The Senate convicted the corrupt governor who betrayed all our trust. The House is about to pass the High Speed Rail Act, and while the opposition is voting overwhelmingly against the bill, it is passing all thanks to Labor support. And I want to thank President Sestak for his leadership on this issue.

Amanda Young's plan for transportation is simple: we are going to use our funds from that bill to build high speed rail from Salt Lake City to Provo, not a commuter line through southeast Utah that is essentially pork supported by the Democratic Alliance. Pork, folks. An actual train to nowhere!

In addition to Nyman's plan, much progress has already been made in Denver. With the Frémont Public Transportation Expansions/Connections Act of 2020, we've electrified the FrontRunner commuter rail in Salt Lake City. We've extended the Blue Line to Orem via Lehi, and extended the Green Line to Bountiful. And for weekends, we've created the Bus Rapid Transit to Park City and nearby ski resorts.

These aren't empty platitudes. This isn't pork barrel spending for a train through the desert. That is a record. And these initiatives make a huge difference in the lives of thousands in this great state.

But as you can see in both the Senate and the ongoing House vote on President Sestak's plan, the opposition stands firmly against improving connectivity across the country. But the Lab-Lib alliance you elected to the House last month is moving forward. And once it passes, Utah will also move forward with Amanda Young at the helm.

The SLC-Provo plan is necessary, fiscally responsible, and not a giveaway to special interests or contractors. And it is supported by the mayors of both cities.

Don't be fooled, Utah. While our friends in the Democratic Alliance like to talk about public transportation, the fact of the matter is that we are the party with a record of getting stuff done. We are the party with a comprehensive plan that is based on the consensus of we, the people.

Before I close, I'd like to applaud the Utah Senate for voting to remove the Governor today. This truly was an effort supported by all parties in our legislature, and Amanda Young was among those who led the call for impeachment and was ultimately appointed by the Speaker to be an impeachment manager.

Let's give her a round of applause, folks.

[audience cheers]

And now, fresh out of the impeachment trial, I would like to introduce you all to the next Governor of Utah. Ladies and gentlemen, Ms. Amanda Young!

1. https://www.cntraveler.com/story/weekend-guide-salt-lake-city
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #474 on: May 16, 2021, 11:46:39 PM »
« Edited: May 16, 2021, 11:50:57 PM by Unconditional Surrender Truman »

To run in Utah until the election.

Ad: "Next Stop, Nowhere"

EXT. DESERT – DAY

A TUMBLEWEED bounces across an empty landscape. It joins a small mound of tumbles that have collected around the base of a dusty green-and-white signpost indicating a railway stop.

ZOOM OUT to show the sign surrounded by miles of emptiness.

A WHISTLE sounds in the distance; slowly, a TRAIN pulls into the "station."

Score: The Old Train

A beleaguered CONDUCTOR steps off.

CONDUCTOR
All aboard!

No-one answers him. A gust of wind blows another TUMBLEWEED across his path.

Behind and above the CONDUCTOR, a PASSENGER leans out the window of the front car.

PASSENGER
Hey! Why have we stopped?

CONDUCTOR
This station was opened last month. But no-one's ever here.

PASSENGER
Doesn't look like a station to me.

CONDUCTOR
I don't know what to tell you. This is the new commuter rail line Governor Matheson and the DA built.

PASSENGER
Commuter rail? For who?

A LIZARD peaks around the tumbleweeds and scurries onto the train.

PASSENGER
You mean my tax dollars paid for that little lizard to ride around the desert?

CONDUCTOR
Don't blame me, I voted for Labor.

The CONDUCTOR checks his watch.

CONDUCTOR
(calls) Next stop, Nowhere!

As the train pulls out of the station, a message appears on the screen:

UTAH HAS A CHOICE:
TAKE A TRAIN TO NOWHERE WITH BEN MATHESON,
OR KEEP MOVING FORWARD WITH AMANDA YOUNG.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies