Labor NPC Campaigns thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:57:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor NPC Campaigns thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25]
Author Topic: Labor NPC Campaigns thread  (Read 25211 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: August 15, 2021, 09:03:00 AM »
« edited: August 15, 2021, 11:48:36 PM by Senator Scott, PPT »

drive-in mega-rally, social distancing enforced in non-vaccinated section - livestreamed on TX Labor Website

Hello, Houston! It is so great to be in Texas once again!

Well, while our GM has yet to report new information, one thing is for sure: Mayor Fererra walked into the mayor's office without a single visit from Federalists. But I can confidently say that the infrastructure laid out by now-State Senator Kate Sandlin has empowered Houston Labor.

Our platform is very similar to Senator Sandlin's, and we have in our candidate, Ron Stiltz, the very same things that Senator Sandlin prioritized during her mayoral campaign.

Ron Stiltz is a lifelong Houstonian who's worked to mitigate the effects of climate change from coastal cities like Texas as well as other states around the gulf. Ron is not a career politician, but he is a man with a plan to fix Houston.

That plan is to invest in all communities, especially disenfrachised neighborhoods like Sunnyside, to create a more equal Houston. Ron wants to make massive investments in public transportation, targeted towards under-served areas. We will provide $35 million in rental assistance and $20 million grants in small businesses.

Ron will steer the city towards carbon neutrality by 2050, and he is willing to work with local businesses to do it.

Food deserts will be a thing of the past, and residents will be afforded more nutritional, yet affordable, options.

Ron will use his businesses experience to manage Houston, with his plan to end mask mandates, as well as a plan to guarantee that all of Houston's residents are fully vaccinated.

This is the Stiltz Plan. This is Texas Labor's plan for rejuvenating Houston and its economy. This is Labor's plan for a return to normalcy.

Houston deserves a mayor with a plan - not one who did nothing more than appear on the ballot in the last election.

But we still face an uphill battle flipping this city from orange to maroon. It is, however, imperative that we elect a mayor who can pass these reforms as well as serve as a check on the Southern Governor's misdeeds.

How many fans of the Governor are out this morning?

[audience mostly boos, with a couple cheers[

Well, by electing Rod Stiltz you will be sending a message that change is needed in Nashville. I invite all who are unhappy with the current administration to join us, including members of the Democratic Alliance.

Let's flip Houston maroon. And now, speaking of governors, it is my honor to introduce our next speaker, your governor, Ms. Ramsey Bryant!!

1. https://onedayitinerary.com/one-day-in-houston-itinerary/
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #601 on: August 26, 2021, 03:44:49 PM »
« Edited: August 26, 2021, 03:54:10 PM by Senator Scott, PPT »

Nashville, Tennessee1
drive-in mega-rally, social distancing enforced in non-vaccinated section - livestreamed on TN Labor Website

Good afternoon to you all, Nashville!

It has been a slow month of campaigning, indeed, and it is my hope that this month's events will be counted for September. But as elections coordinator, it is my desire that our message spreads far and wide, including states like here in Tennessee that some pundits have written off for Labor.

But to me, it is clear that much change is needed here in Tennessee and especially the Southern Capitol. Now today I want to ask the people of Tennessee, are you satisfied with the leadership you are getting? Are you satisfied to have a Regional Governor who's lost so much goodwill with even many of his former supporters, and has said and done things that neither he nor most of his current supporters are even trying to defend, including Governor Monson who has stood by Louisville Thunder every step of the way?

Folks, now is the time to truly make a difference. There are budgetary issues similar to those in Lincoln, in which the states are forced to raise their own budgets and tax poor working-class people. This election in Tennessee isn't going to fix that, but here we have the opportunity to demand more, and to demand better, of your regional and local leaders. Labor does not want to take more of your tax dollars when you're already paying through the nose to Nashville and Nyman.

Labor understands that we cannot mask ourselves out of this pandemic, and I'm always pleased to speak at rallies where our unvaccinated section is diminishing.

And in states like Tennessee, Labor is renewing itself with a program tailored to the needs and values of the people it governs. Tennessee Labor supports the right to keep and bear arms. Tennessee Labor wants to reduce the number of abortions and unplanned pregnancies through education, and where we differ from our opponents in the Federalist Party is whether the penal system or the education system has the better means of addressing that sensitive issue.

My friends, today I'd like to introduce you all to Labor Senate leader, Mr. Cedric Parton. Cedric has lived in Tennessee his entire life, born and raised, and currently representing, part of the City of Memphis. An African-Atlasian father of four, Cedric's story truly is an Atlasian one. Cedric grew up in poverty. He had, growing up, what a certain individual might characterize as a "pathetic" life. But throughout his time in public office, from Memphis City Council Member to Mayor to the leader of our party in the state Senate, Cedric has shown what it means to be a leader. He understands that effective leadership is non-divisive, and that flowing against the current tide might not always be a popular decision but it must be the right decision for Tennessee.

And so I invite people of all parties, including Federalists who want to send a message to the regional administration, to join Senator Cedric Parton in his campaign. In our campaign. Starting right here at the heart of the South's capital. Though we may face an uphill battle, it is nonetheless a battle we intend to take to the very end.

And now it is my pleasure to introduce to you, the next Governor of the great State of Tennessee, Senator Cedric Parton!

1. https://uk.hotels.com/go/usa/things-to-do-nashville
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #602 on: August 26, 2021, 10:35:50 PM »

Knoxville, Tennessee1
drive-in mega-rally, social distancing enforced in non-vaccinated section - livestreamed on TN Labor Website

Good evening, Knoxville!

Senator Parton and I have been visiting small cities and towns throughout the state. From my view, people are taking very well to our reformist, anti-corruption campaign. You carry the torch of this great region, Tennessee. You've shown that it's possible to be a great state. I've noticed such a strong sense of brotherhood. We've reached out to evangelical voters, so many of them Federalist, and we listened to their concerns; their concerns about the state, their concerns about the South, their concerns about the moral character of a leader. We visited affluent and poor communities of all colors and heard their material concerns.

There is a common desire for justice. For the physical healing of those inflicted with addiction to opiates and crystal meth. We've seen addiction affect all corners of this state, urban and rural. Black and white.

There is a great sense of pride and hospitality in this state, even among those who disagree with me or Cedric or the national Labor Party. And there is a shared desire to create a Tennessee that works for everyone, that exemplifies that moral character. The family is the hallmark of Tennessee's Southern character.

Blue collar workers, and union leaders in particular, expressed their desire to partake in common ownership of what they create that keeps Tennessee on the move.

We have heard your calls, Tennessee. Cedric is going to spend every day as governor to build on addiction treatment and follow a similar model of criminal justice reform that has been replicated nationally and in other regions. These are common sense reforms that all people can agree on. Law and order will be upheld, and it will be law and order that creates upstanding citizens and uplifts those in a trough.

I can proudly stand here and tell you all tonight that we are on the brink of passing a permanent program for universal basic income. It will benefit families because it will benefit children. Working-class families will receive a direct investment from their input in the economy. This isn't class conflict, this is lifting all boats. And it will be, for those climbing their way out of poverty, a great reach for a better chance at life.

Cedric supports it, and he swears that as governor, Tennessee families will not be forgotten in its implementation. This, coupled with the economic recovery, will allow for this state and this nation to emerge out of COVID-19 as lions. As a brotherhood. As a sisterhood. As families. As the individuals.

I've invited our two candidates for statehouse, Knoxville Councilmember Ray Daniels and State Representative Ashley Childs to speak on their vision for the city and the state. We also have student volunteers from Knoxville College to register people to vote.

And now I would like to introduce our next speaker, your next governor, Senator Cedric Parton!

1. https://www.nowcfo.com/locations/knoxville/
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #603 on: August 27, 2021, 10:32:44 PM »

Memphis, Tennessee1

How are we doing tonight, Memphis?

It's good to be here in Senator Parton's home district, while he's out campaigning throughout the rest of Tennessee in preparation for what is going to be a long and exhausting campaign. But people like you, the people of Memphis, make it all worth it.

The Senate is on the verge of passing the largest expansion of social welfare since AtlasCare - an historic achievement, and also a bipartisan achievement, with majorities of Labor and Federalist senators voting in favor of a UBI bill for middle-class and low-income families. What we shall soon see is the result of over a year of advocacy and political capital to unite our party on this important issue, this new deal for working-class families in the modern economy, and to my shock we have seen a majority of Federalists senators vote in favor of this bill.

No doubt this was a political gamble is that paid off. And it's a gamble that's going to help the people of Memphis. It a gamble that will support working and poor families. It acknowledges and rewards the virtue and stability of the Atlasian family by tying benefits to children. And those who are concerned about our deficit will be pleased to know that it's not Donald Trump's family we're supporting; it is the lion's share of the people making our economy work again.

Finally, taxpayers will see their hard-earned money invested in a way that directly benefits most of Atlasia. This will help millions of people in paying for the rent each other, in feeding their families, in paying off debt, all while giving them more flexibility to work on their own careers and save for retirement and for the education of their children.

The New Great Society is alive and well today, and Labor is leading us to a land of better opportunity and, just as importantly, an equal and fair chance at success.

I've stated in our campaign that the priorities of Tennessee Labor, under the leadership of Senator Cedric Parton, are to increase accountability in state officials while providing for those in need. Labor is investing in Tennessee because we believe Tennessee has what is necessary to sustain a common ownership society, where hard work is rewarded and family institutions are respected. We're nominating candidates up and down the ballot who will put the interests of the state above those of national politicians.

It is consistent with our values in local control and our belief that the Constitution exists to safeguard our liberties and restrain special interests from telling law-abiding citizens and patriots how to live their lives.

I want to introduce you to one of those people - State Representative Connie Mack, who is currently running for Senator Parton's seat. She will be a key ally in expanding Labor's program to states like Tennessee which has historically favored the opposition party. And she, like Senator Patron and myself, favors a government that represents the people who elected them first.

Thank you, Memphis. Be sure to register as soon as you are able, if you are not already registered as such. Together, we can usher in an era of change in the Southern capital.

Dave bless you, Dave bless Tennessee, and Dave bless the Republic of Atlasia!

1. https://bfwcpa.com/location/memphis/
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #604 on: August 29, 2021, 01:54:37 PM »
« Edited: August 29, 2021, 01:59:45 PM by Senator Scott, PPT »

Chattanooga, Tennessee1

Hello, Chattanooga!

I'm here with our candidate for governor, Senator Parton, to set the record straight for what our campaign is about, and also to clarify our standing with the other parties running in this cycle.

We did make a deal with our friends in the Democratic Alliance to mutually endorse, for second preference, all executive positions up for election. I want to thank my friend, Senator Weatherboy, and the rest of the party, for coming together on a common cause. But we do this not merely to spite the Federalists in a series of back-and-forth mudslinging. That's never good for the game. That's not what the people of Atlasia deserves. It is definitely not what the people of Tennessee deserve.

Just last week, I moved to pass what was a politically risky objective of mine. A universal basic income is something that I've been personally invested in since a certain real-life political candidate devoted his campaign to establishing one. I think you all know who I'm talking about. But even within my party, it was not an issue that had unanimous support.

I think you all can imagine my shock when a majority of voting Federalists supported that family UBI bill. I want to thank Senators Cao, DTC, and Spark in particular for joining us in moving that bill forward. This pro-family legislation is going to benefit all of Atlasia and all Tennessee families, and the fact that this was a multi-partisan effort must be acknowledged.

Here are the facts: we do not have a clear record of what the state and city governments up for election this cycle have accomplished, because the GM has not provided that information. Absent that, we must campaign on what we do know. And what we do know is that the Southern Governor has neither apologized, nor has he been reprimanded, for the choices he himself made during the last election.

As far as we know, the Federalists have responded only with what amounts to statements of concern. Now, those of us who paid any attention to the real-life events over the last year and a half know that statements of 'concern' do nothing to rectify the corruption or the intentional misdoings of the individual in question.

I look forward to continuing my work with my Federalist colleagues in the next Senate. Both Senators Yankee and Cao are great legislative partners. They are both decent individuals. And I would be happy to serve as PPT alongside either of these men, depending on their plans for the next two months.

But absent the desire of Federalists to meaningfully discipline Governor Louisville Thunder for his actions cannot go ignored. The campaign we're running in the Volunteer State offers a promise of transparency and accountability.

I recall our long-fought Utah campaign earlier this year. When it was revealed that Governor Udall covered up those COVID deaths, Labor acted swiftly to renounce him and nominate an outstanding individual in his place. It was particularly awkward for me to renounce the Governor, my cousin, for his conduct. But I did so because the interests of the state and the people it represents outweigh party loyalty or family disputes.

Sadly, the Federalists have failed to act in a similar manner to a non-NPC player. His governorship compromises the confidence of the Southern people in their government in Nashville. And Tennessee needs a governor who can stand up to the political establishment in the Southern capital.

This is what our campaign is all about. This is why we are inviting independent-minded Federalists to join us in sending a message to this rogue Southern governor. Simply put: if the party is unable to directly address the problem causing so much of the malaise we see today, then it is up to the people of Tennessee and other Southern states to keep its leaders in check. This is the same message we're delivering to Arkansas and Houston. This is the same message that my good friend, Weatherboy, has been promoting in Georgia by contrasting the leadership style of Governor Miller with the toxic environment created by Louisville Thunder.

Now is the time for change. Now is the time to rebuild the South with competent, moral leadership. On that note, both Governor Miller and Senator Parton are united in their transparency and commitment to the Southern people.

In a moment I will be passing the microphone to Cedric, whose vision for the South is a strong region untainted by hostility. His vision is the same as Governor Miller's, and despite being from different parties, both are united in, truly, making the South great again.

Thank you, Chattanooga. On a final note, I continue to see our non-vaccinated sections shrink in every concurrent event. And with that I can assure you there is reason for optimism in this time of malaise.

1. https://www.travelawaits.com/2485439/things-to-do-in-chattanooga-tennessee/
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #605 on: August 30, 2021, 04:22:18 AM »
« Edited: August 30, 2021, 07:33:03 AM by Senator Scott, PPT »

Murfreesboro, Tennessee1

How are we feeling right now, Murfreesboro?

[audience shouts and applauds]

I thought so!

We have a lot to be optimistic about. We are going to rebuild Tennessee, and we're doing it from the ground-up.

The candidate I have with me for statehouse, Noah Loging, has been a true asset to organized labor. It is because of his advocacy and leadership that the workers of the Amazon fulfillment center here are on the verge of establishing a union.

But that work hasn't been met without resistance from the higher-ups at Amazon, who have demonstrated that it is possible to pay zero dollars in taxation. The problem here is simple: Amazon pays no taxes while small businesses play by the rules. Workers' income is taxed by the local, state, regional, and federal governments.

It is an outrage that Big Tech continues to get a break, while the workers are viewed merely as pawns to further enrich them and their control over the economy. It is a betrayal to the country that built the infrastructure for their success. And these workers are subject to dehumanizing conditions. There are few bathroom breaks, which are all timed, excessive productivity goals, and an unsafe work environment. The pandemic has only exacerbated problems as more people turn to delivery services.

But Noah and local labor leaders have taken action to ensure existing regulations for employers are enforced. Unions play a pivotal role, but they know they are David in a David and Goliath fight. And unionization efforts have been opposed by Amazon, which has previously sabotaged these campaigns for union organization.

It's clear that Big Tech thinks it is above the law, and corporations like Amazon epitomize the fundamental problem between labor and capital. But unions have structural bargaining power. When workers come together, and when workers have the support of local leadership and the community, they can demand better pay and conditions.

It is incumbent upon us, as fighters for the right to organize, to continue pressuring multinational corporations like Amazon to improve workers' conditions and raise wages.

It's not impossible. In Chicago, Amazon workers came together to form Amazonians United. Any attempt by corporate to interfere, restrain, or coerce employees from taking such actions would violate labor laws.

I would like to quote section 7 of the National Labor Relations Act: "Employees shall have the right to self-organization, to form, join, or assist labor organizations, to bargain collectively through representatives of their own choosing, and to engage in other concerted activities for the purpose of collective bargaining or other mutual aid or protection".

The right for workers to organize is ingrained within our labor laws. But that hasn't deterred corporations from steering away from those laws.

We have to stop begging for scraps and demand the whole damn loaf. After all, we are the bakers. We are the people, workers and consumers, who keep Amazon alive.

So here we are today. Soon, workers will vote on whether to establish a union. We've seen that these efforts are not always successful; the failed vote to create a union at an Alabama fulfillment center proved that much. But the labor movement stands together and resists any attempt to divide us - by race, by gender, by religion, by sexual orientation, by physical ability. What unites the workers is a common desire to improve working conditions for themselves and solidarity with fellow workers across workplaces, industries, and borders.

And what the working people need is a government in Nashville that supports the right to organize. Labor was founded as not just a party, but as a movement for working and lower-class people. We stand for common principles, for the right to organize as enshrined by federal law. And I'm confident that the workers of Murfreesboro have the will to exercise that sacred right.

Now, I would like to introduce you all to your next state representative; ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Noah Loging!

1. Photo credit: WGNS Radio
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies