Labor NPC Campaigns thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:51:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor NPC Campaigns thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25
Author Topic: Labor NPC Campaigns thread  (Read 25334 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: May 25, 2021, 08:10:02 PM »

Gunnison, Utah

The people of Utah have a choice in this election. It is a choice between two parties with two fundamentally different ideas of government.

The Labor party is the party of the farmers and the working families of Utah. We are the party of the small towns and rural areas, and the working people in every corner of this country.

Some other parties have claimed to represent the rural areas in this campaign. But the facts tell a different story.

In the elections of three months ago the opposition campaigned on solving the rural health crisis. They took great pains and poured out their soul to demonstrate the depth of their commitment.

But when my government some weeks later brought forward a plan to spend $2 billion in 2021 to build more hospitals and hire more doctors in rural areas, this oppositionist was nowhere to be found. Not one member of the opposition voted for the Rural Health Act. They did not even show up for the vote.

So we see the so-called leadership of the opposition parties on rural issues. It is words, words, words and no action.

It is the reason why I call them the Dishonest Alliance.

One of the opposition leaders was in Centerville the other day. He accused the Labor party of talking and doing nothing. Perhaps he was looking in a mirror when he said it.

We in the Labor party keep our promises. We said we would solve the rural health crisis, and we did. We said we would balance the budget without raising taxes, and we did.

We said we would expand rural broadband internet service. Today, Utah has one of the highest rates of broadband access of anywhere in the country. This is entirely the result of the policies of the Labor party, who have made improving rural infrastructure our top priority.

The Labor party have kept our promises to the people of Utah. And we will continue to keep them.

That is why we are going to win this election.

I believe when the votes are all counted, they will show a tremendous majority for the Labor party candidates. It will be a victory for the working families of Utah and for Utahan values.

I believe you are going to elect Amanda Young the next governor of this state. And you are going to elect a Labor majority along with her in the legislature!
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #551 on: May 25, 2021, 08:56:31 PM »

RENOWNED ELDER STATESMAN BESSELL CAMPAIGNS FOR LABOR IN SAN FRANCISCO

Glad to be here! Glad to be here. It's so great that we can finally see each other again, huh? Just awesome.

I'm here to talk about an issue that's near and dear to my heart: housing. Mayor Chu has been a national leader on the issue, lowering barriers to housing construction and getting rid of harmful restrictions on rentals. San Francisco is a better, more affordable place to live because of her efforts.

But the fight isn't over. The fact remains that most of San Francisco was exclusively house-zoned for decades -- and if there's one thing I know about houses, it's that they don't just up and disappear with the newest policy change. Cities can't rely on developments that take years to get approval -- people need help now.

The answer we're proposing: granny flats. If people can legally rent out the top floor of their house, we don't need big apartment complexes right away. We can increase the supply of housing quickly and efficiently, without knocking down a single building. If we win another term, Labor will expedite reviews for any homeowner that wants to rent out part of their house.

More than that -- to get new development, you need to talk to developers. I've been in the room, I know: Mayor Chu has been beating down the lines of Bay Area real estate companies to let them know that the city is back. She is personally responsible for lots of the new construction you might see walking around town, and if she's returned to office, she'll attract even more. More people. More small businesses. More life.

Under Labor, San Francisco has come a long way. With another term, we can go even further. Thank you.

Now, I'll turn it over to Mayor Chu. Thanks.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #552 on: May 25, 2021, 10:41:35 PM »

Ephraim, Utah

The people of Utah have a choice in this election. It is a choice between two parties with two fundamentally different ideas of government.

The Labor party is the party of the farmers and the working families of Utah. It is the party of the small towns and rural areas, and it is the party of family values.

I am not asking you to take my word for it. You can check the facts yourselves.

From the moment I took over the ministry, the Labor party has done battle on behalf of the ordinary people of this state. We have made it our business totally destroy the corrupt power of big business over our politics.

We believe that the government belongs to the people, and that it ought to be accountable to the people.

We believe that the great wealth of this country belongs to the people who work to create it, and we will bitterly oppose any measure to concentrate wealth in the hands of a few millionaires or a few hundred greedy bureaucrats.

That is why the FEA includes local representation in its governing board. It is why the Public Transportation Act gives money to localities to repair and improve their infrastructure as best meets the needs of those communities, instead of deciding everything in a boardroom in Denver. It is why we fund public school districts according to enrollment, and why we have established independent redistricting boards so that politicians cannot decide the outcomes of elections before you even cast your votes.

In every case, the policy of the Labor party has been to raise up local voices and include them in the important decisions that affect their communities. This has been especially true for rural areas.

It was the Labor party who passed the Rural Health Act to spend $2 billion in 2021 building more hospitals and hiring more doctors in rural areas.

It was the Labor party who fought for rural broadband internet access, so that today Utah has one of the highest rates of rural broadband service of anywhere in the country.

It was the Labor party who just last week voted to extend the 2020 farm bill, so that farmers can continue to sell their crop to the commonwealth at fair prices what they cannot sell at market.

The other parties claim to represent rural communities. But the facts tell a different story.

Three months ago the opposition candidates campaigned on solving the rural health crisis. But when an opportunity arose to vote for the Rural Health Act which I have just mentioned, they were nowhere to be found. Not one member of the opposition voted for the Rural Health Act, which passed with the unanimous support of the Labor party and its independent friends.

So we see that whatever they may say during the campaign, the opposition's promises are worth very little.

It is why I have called them the "Dishonest Alliance."

The Labor party keeps its promises to Utah. We said we would solve the rural health crisis, and we did. We said we would expand rural broadband service, and we did. We said we would balance the budget without raising taxes on the working class or making cuts to essential services, and we did.

I believe Utah is beginning to wake up to the situation. In a few days there will be no more need for me to talk about voting the Labor ticket.

That is because you are going to elect Amanda Young the next governor of this state. And you are going to elect a Labor majority in the legislature!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #553 on: May 25, 2021, 10:44:38 PM »

Vermont is LABOR Country: Burlington

Friends, comrades! Today is my final stop in my tour of our beautiful state. I am here for the righteous cause in the coming election. The cause of the people of Vermont, and I believe the candidate of the people is Will Ashe. So I am here to make that case to you. So he can earn your trust, and when you go to the ballot, vote for Will and all the other Laborite candidates.

Will Ashe is deeply connected to the roots of this state. He comes from Rutland, where he dedicated himself to the community. He built the Food Bank there, and he went to the state legislature to solve problems. He worked on bills allocating federal economic aide, because he is all about giving back to our home. He is running for the same reason. Vermont deserves a Governor who is working for us. Will Ashe is focused on balancing budgets without austerity, combating the demographic crisis by making Vermont the best place in the country to raise a child, and he is dedicated to ecological protection.

Will Ashe won't pick fights with national politicians. He won't seek national attention for selfish ends. He won't look for fights to increase his media ratings. Instead, he'll take on your fights, the fights of the people of Vermont. He will serve the people, not himself. Simply put that is why is the right candidate. It's time for put Vermont first again. Will Ashe is that candidate.

Thank you, and let us see Vermont vote Labor, and for Ashe on Election Day!

Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #554 on: May 25, 2021, 10:51:30 PM »

THE UTAH LABOR TOUR
Events socially distanced, masks required for those without proof of vaccination

West Jordan:

Hi West Jordan!

You know, state government is one of the strongest tools our governmental system has for citizens to make change. In Utah, Labor has always sought to bring change that is needed. It's why they have backed up the strong leadership for the region we have seen from our government. This includes healthcare, climate issues, farm issues, whatever your troubles are, we're ready to lend a hand. Utah Labor will stand up for decency in government, no matter where the corruption comes from. That's why Amanda Young stood strong against Eric Udall and managed his well-deserved impeachment. The people of Utah know this strong record and that's why we're going to win in this state this month. Thank you.

Provo:

Hey there Provo!

In elections, accomplishments matter. What you've done matters. I know that many believe campaigns are won through platitudes and pandering, but I see and Labor sees that this is wrong. While Frémont Labor has substantially reduced taxes for the lower and middle class in our region, the Dishonest Alliance fought to cut taxes on the wealthiest possible out east. While Frémont Labor has been focusing on priorities like the safety of our seniors and preserving our beautiful landscape, the Dishonest Alliance sought to use divisive culture war issues to take power in Lincoln. Luckily, their region sent them a strong rebuke this last April and much of the nonsense is being repealed. But heed this warning, their efforts to implement these policies will not stop at the Mississippi river. That is why we're going to elect a Labor trifecta this month to stop them. Thank you.

Salt Lake City:

Hello Salt Lake City!

It's wonderful t be here tonight just as polls are about to close tomorrow night. Before you go vote, I want you to ask yourself a question, which party has the interests of Utah in mind? The Labor MPs in our region have worked tirelessly to pass strong, progressive legislation to help ordinary people like you. When the Dishonest Alliance leaders get shipped in from the east, they don't understand that. So they come up with their own narrative with dishonest claims and barrage the state with consultant approved ads. Well they don't want me to tell you this, but when push comes to shove, the Dishonest Alliance voted to skip our region in their convention cycle. Hundreds of jobs lost for our region, and for what? It is clear they look down on us, our values, our way of life, and we're going to show them what we think of that at the polls tomorrow. Thank you!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #555 on: May 25, 2021, 10:54:01 PM »

Mt. Pleasant, Utah

The people of Utah have a choice in this election. It is a choice between two parties with two very different ideas of government.

The Labor party is the party of the farmers and the working families of Utah. It is the party of prosperity and home rule.

Today in Utah, the average working family earns more in wages than their neighbors to the east on either side of the Mason-Dixon line. They have one of the highest rates of vaccination, and one of the highest rates of rural broadband service anywhere in the country.

Today in Utah, the average man or woman pays less in taxes and works fewer hours than their neighbors to the East. This is entirely to the credit of the policies of the Labor party.

The crooks in the Dishonest Alliance are constantly trying to refute these facts. But facts are stubborn things.

The people of Utah are an intelligent people. They are not so easily taken in by the promises which the Dishonest Alliance make.

They remember that in the February general election the Dishonest Alliance campaigned on solving the rural health crisis. But when the opportunity arose to vote for the Rural Health Act, they were nowhere to be found. The Labor party approved $2 billion in new spending to build more hospitals and hire more doctors in rural areas, and we did it without a single vote from anyone in the Dishonest Alliance.

There is great work to be done in Utah in the next six months. It will require every ounce of discipline and intelligence we can muster.

The question for the voters in this election is whether you would entrust that responsibility to the party that has kept every promise it has ever made to you, that has done battle every day for the farmers and the working families of Utah —or to the party whose leaders talk, and talk, and talk, but never act.

The people of Utah are an intelligent people. I believe they are going to make the right choice.

I believe you are going to elect Amanda Young the next governor of this state. And you are going to elect a Labor majority along with her in the legislature!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #556 on: May 25, 2021, 10:54:30 PM »

Laredo, Texas
limited-capacity event; masks mandatory for unvaccinated attendees, optional for those with proof of vaccination - livestreamed on TX Labor Website

ˇBuenos días, Laredo!

The Rio Grande Valley has been hit hard by COVID. Folks here have often been forced to choose between staying home and staying safe, or working in potentially unsafe to keep the lights on and food on the table for their families. And even then, basic utilities and services haven't been a guarantee - as we saw when the February Energy Crisis, worsened by Rich Man Federalist obstruction (backed by the DA), knocked out power, light, and heating across the state. 

But Labor won't ignore the struggles of folks here any longer. We're not going to continue to leave the Rio Grande Valley behind. We are going to bring all of Texas - not just the rich suburbanites - into a bright future, and bring the New Great Society down to Laredo to make equal opportunity a reality here in the Lone Star State. We're going to fight for a better education system, funding struggling schools and ensuring that every student in Texas has access to a full education, from the preschool door to college graduation. We're going to fight for a more just criminal justice system - not one that locks up people disproportionately based on their skin color. And we're going to work towards a more just immigration system. No longer will we allow ICE officials to lock up your family members on Texan soil! We're going to fight for immigrant rights, and keep the Atlasian Dream alive.

Now, the Dishonest Alliance is back in Texas, peddling their unique brand of lies and slander about Labor and attempting to make mountains out of molehills. They can claim to be independent - but at least in the Lone Star State, their record is clear. Their record of joining the Federalists in obstructionism, blocking much-needed legislative initiatives for the sake of political points. They can talk all they want, but here in Texas, actions speak louder than words. And it is absolutely imperative that we send them packing by electing a Labor majority to the statehouse down in Austin! Let's end the era of obstructionism, and turn the page on a new era of progress here in Texas!

Thank you, Laredo! Be well. I'm also proud to announce our work with local voting rights advocates, who are eager to get folks like y'all out to the polls this election! Feel free to give them a wave, and get to the polls and vote up and down the ballot for your Labor candidates!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #557 on: May 25, 2021, 10:55:23 PM »

Layton, Utah
limited-capacity event; masks mandatory for unvaccinated attendees, optional for those with proof of vaccination - livestreamed on UT Labor Website

Good evening, Layton!

It's great to be here in one of Utah's fastest-growing cities. Contrary to what the DA wants you to think, it turns out there is an allure to life out west. A government that cares about serving working families - whether it's through education, clean energy, infrastructure, workers's rights, and so many other issues - is actually a big draw. And if y'all elect Amanda Young and send a Labor majority to the statehouse, we're going to keep fighting for you in the State Capitol and continue to build communities like Layton up as more and more folks choose the Western way of life.

It's a priority of Utah Labor to make this state the best place in Fremont - and Atlasia - to raise a family. Community is an integral part of life here in Utah, and we're going to keep that spirit with us in the halls of government. It all starts with education - and that's an issue where Labor has excelled. From preschool to higher education, we're committed to ensuring every single Utahn has access to a rigorous, excellent public school experience, no matter their family's wealth. And we have the legislative chops of many years of Labor Fremont governance to show our commitment to these extremely important issues. We passed the Horace Mann Education Act, investing in individual students by slashing class sizes. We followed up by, among other things, increasing teacher pay, channeling much-needed funds to struggling schools, redesigning and modernizing primary and secondary school curriculums, and helping districts and their students get the education resources they need. When COVID struck, we were quick to act to get computers and routers out so all students could partake in online education. And with kids now transferring back to in-person instruction, you can count on us to work diligently with students, parents, and local school districts to make this transition as easy as possible and ensure COVID has no lasting effects on these students's educational experience. Not to mention our flagship Higher Education Reform Act, making a great college education a right for Utahns and Fremonters, not a privilege.

And it's not just education that Labor is ready to deliver on. We're going to work on smart transportation solutions for everyone - rejecting expensive pork barrel rail projects across the southern Utah desert whose funds are far more effective spent elsewhere. Here in Layton, we're going to modernize and electrify the FrontRunner commuter rail - a crucial connection for the Wasatch Front. And, Labor is the only party with a plan and proven record for renewable energy. In addition to the Red-Green New Deal, just recently, I wrote an act as a Fremont MP - the Green Futures Act - making a historic investment in renewable energy research and construction. And - another boon for Utah families - it opens a Solar Loans program, allowing folks to get a generous zero-interest loan that pays for a full solar panel installation. There are no drawbacks here - you save money on your energy bill, you help the environment, and you can pay back the loan at your leisure, on a timeline you set. Utah Labor is committed to continuing to incentivize and support renewable energy growth, and together, we will make Utah a leader in green energy solutions.

So, Layton, let's build back better, together. Let's vote for the party with a bold vision for Utah - the party that also has a proven record of connecting on its campaign promises, even before the campaign began! I urge you to cast your ballots for Amanda Young and your Labor legislative candidates - but don't delay! The polls close soon, and it is absolutely imperative that you make your voice heard!

Thank you, Layton! Be well, and don't forget to go out and vote Labor!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #558 on: May 25, 2021, 10:55:40 PM »

Ogden, Utah
limited-capacity event; masks mandatory for unvaccinated attendees, optional for those with proof of vaccination - livestreamed on UT Labor Website

Howdy, Ogden!

Well folks, it's been quite a ride. But at long last, we're in the closing stages of this absolutely unprecedented campaign. But looking past the ups and downs, the lies and slander, the dedicated canvassing of communities across Utah, large and small, I am grateful that I've been able to talk to so many Utahns - whether it's fellow Laborites seeking to bring their voices and their visions to the State Capitol, or regular folks wondering who they should vote for. And I am confident that our grassroots movement - built not on Wall Street special interest funding, but on the tireless efforts of working folks like you and me - will be successful, and will hold this state for the Labor Party!

The DA has been doing all sorts of ideological gymnastics to try and seize control of the narrative, but nearly every sensible issue they've landed on has already been the subject of a Labor legislative initiative! Whether it's reducing class sizes or funding struggling schools, their platform outside of pork barrel rail appears to be a blatant ripoff of Labor's! And it's really a sad phenom to see. They're hilariously out of touch with the work Labor has done - and will continue to do - for Utah, and Fremont at-large, and they have the audacity to claim that they, not Labor, are the party that will actually advance the cause of better public education and better government in Salt Lake City? No way! Let's be real, folks, they can claim that they want change, but they have no idea how to be that change! They're going to go into Salt Lake City, and when they're not proposing pork barrel rail, they're going to pass laws that serve the same function as laws Fremont passed before their party even existed! So, Ogden, it's clear - we can't reward them for their dishonest tactics, ignorance of local situations and out-of-touch proposals that have had rural Utahns wondering who asked! We cannot hand the reins to a party that is not familiar with the issues at stake, a party that is not ready to lead!

Nay, folks, we must choose a different path. A proven path. A party that has constantly shown a commitment to the working families of Utah, even when a pandemic gets in the way. Whether it's in Nyman, Denver, or right here in Utah, Labor has been delivering for you. We've made a historic investment in public education, working to make every school in Fremont a world-class one! The White House has provided constant leadership on the coronavirus, using a principled, science-based results to keep families protected and businesses safely running. We've successfully fought for a living wage. We've passed a historic expansion of rural broadband. And, we will continue fighting for the working families here in Utah, and make the New Great Society - where opportunity is both bountiful and equally accessible - reality.  

It's the final stretch, the final countdown, and we must not falter now! Get out to the polls, Ogden, and cast your ballots for your next Governor, Amanda Young, and your Labor legislative candidates! Let's build back better, together!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #559 on: May 25, 2021, 10:56:38 PM »

Brigham City, Utah

HELLO, BRIGHAM CITY! It is a TREAT to be with Senator Amanda Young in her beloved hometown tonight, as we put the finishing touches on this energetic, amazing campaign.

And first, I'd like to personally thank each and every one of you for your efforts in this race. For staying engaged. For contributing to our grassroots, people-powered effort aiming to send another government of, for, and by the people to the State Capitol. And together, we will shock the DA and the pundits and ride to a convincing win up and down the ballot here in the Beehive State!

The contrast in this election is simple. The party with a proven commitment to Utahns, Fremonters, and Atlasians, alike, or the party whose accomplishments are so thin that they're campaigning on implementing policy we passed years ago? This party, the Democratic Alliance has pulled every tactic in the book to try and win Utah - including committing fraud on the people of this fair state! They've lied about Labor's record, and have openly ignored Labor accomplishments here in Utah and Fremont, to try and trick Utahns into believing that they're the party of change. They have tried to co-opt our progressive, people-powered platform, while collaborating with the Federalists in the legislature to keep the status quo. And when we've called them on their dishonestly, they've accused us of starting a negative campaign! It's been a constant battle with these clowns to set the facts straight and keep the truth afloat. But I am nonetheless confident that the people of Utah won't fall for their schtick. Whether they're from Salt Lake City or Snowville, the folks I've spoken to aren't buying it, and we're going to send Amanda Young and a big, beautiful Labor legislative majority to Salt Lake City this election!

There is so much at stake here this election. A government that won't blow its whole treasury on an expensive rail route that the folks it 'serves' don't even want - nay, Labor will invest smartly in infrastructure projects that effectively reduce emissions and have reliable ridership. A government that has shown a constant commitment to the betterment of public education - from the preschool to the university. A government that stands ready to take the fight to climate change, making historic research and expansion efforts on renewable energy while ensuring every Utahn can partake in its bounty. A government whose federal counterpart has led a principled, science-based response to COVID, and is now presiding over the successful distribution of millions of vaccines. And yes, a government that brooks no corruption, even from rogue forces within its ranks. Time and time again, it's become clear that Labor government - a government for a New Great Society, not a New Wasteful Government - is the right choice to lead Utah through the opening of a promising new decade. Labor will build Utah back better - and will bring everyone along for the ride.

And again, folks, it's absolutely imperative that you get to the polls by tomorrow. It's crucial that you make your voice heard, and send a message that Utah doesn't want what the Dishonest Alliance is peddling! And now, your next Governor, and the champion of our people-powered movement - Amanda Young!
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #560 on: May 25, 2021, 10:58:41 PM »

Good evening, San Francisco! I'm so happy to be back here!

I'd like to take a few minutes to speak to you about the pressing issues we face. We are coming out of this pandemic strong but we still have a lot of work to do. One person we can trust here in San Francisco is your mayor, Nora Chu! She has been the steady hand guiding San Francisco and we need to support her so we can continue the hard work others aren't prepared to do.

Mayor Chu has been a leader: on the environment, on housing, on civil rights, on social justice, on COVID-19...what she has been able to accomplish in such a short period of time is truly incredible and we need to make sure we vote for Mayor Chu in this election to keep up the good work!

You all have seen what strong leadership looks like, now you get to hear what a bright future looks like. I introduce to you, your mayor, Nora Chu!!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #561 on: May 25, 2021, 11:00:00 PM »

Quote from: Labor Radio Ad, airing high-intensity across Utah media markets
*We didn't start the fire begins playing as background music*
DA claims that Labor initiated negative campaigning. But let's get the facts straight, Utah. They've been lying about Labor representatives, Labor's record, and Labor's platform for this entire election. They've ignored our accomplishment and twisted our statements into a pretzel of dishonestly. Labor is merely defending our integrity. Reject DA lies. Vote Labor.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #562 on: May 25, 2021, 11:00:09 PM »

Provo, Utah

The people of Utah have a choice to make in this election. It is a choice between two parties with two very different ideas of government.

The Labor party is the party of the working families of Utah. It is the party of progress, prosperity, and home rule.

The leaders of the Dishonest Alliance have made many false statements in the course of this campaign. They are trying to trick the people of Utah into electing a government that does not represent them and does not share their values.

I say they are not going to succeed.

The people of Utah know the stakes of this election. They know the facts of the last four years are to the credit of the Labor party and the Labor government in Denver.

They know that it is the Labor party who has fought for them every day while the Dishonest Alliance were wining and dining the corporate bloodsuckers in the East, planning their train to nowhere.

That is why we are going to win!

We are going to elect Amanda Young the next governor of this state! And we are going to elect a Labor majority in the legislature!
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #563 on: May 26, 2021, 10:01:30 PM »
« Edited: May 26, 2021, 10:23:23 PM by FalterinArc »

Salt Lake City Labor Rally

Image Credit: Harry S Truman

Hello Salt Lake City!

It's great to be here tonight! Over the course of this campaign, the Utah Labor party and it's volunteers has knocked on thousands of doors, made thousands of calls and answered thousands of questions from the people of Utah. Questions like "Am I going to be able put food on the table?", "Am I going to keep my job?", "Are there ways the government can help me?". And thanks to the efforts of Labor legislation to help the masses, we can look them in the eye and say yes. It's for this reason we're able to keep in touch with the needs of the Utah people. We aren't running shiny misleading ads that could be swapped out with any other state name, we're running a campaign by and for the people of Utah.

In an election like this, you're inevitably going to hear a lot of false claims. The Dishonest Alliance knows they have no real record of good governance. Out East in Lincoln they pandered to the Conservative right by slashing taxes on the wealthiest in our society. They know that won't play well out here so what they do? They lie. The government in this region has responded to every major issue they cite! Transportation, housing, farm issues, we've passed half the things they are proposing! And of course we can always keep moving forward, these are complex issues, but you can't just offer the voters what's already been given to them and expect it to work!

The hypocrisy of their campaign never ceases to astound me. They make these outrageous claims about Labor government, hoping to pull the wool over your eyes and win at the ballot box. But if Labor responds with the truth, it is an outrage. If they're going to bother making the trip from out east, could they at least bother to do some light reading on the issues facing our region?

The ideas being proposed by Mr. Matheson are just the same phony centrist garbage that they tried to push when they were in power. I think they may be forgetting when Representative Beeman hijacked the High Speed Rail bill and stuffed it full of pork, he was promptly ushered out by the voters the following month. But they now see an opportunity to build their Train to Nowhere right here in Utah. Mins you, the DA's own MFP called this rail "incredibly dumb". For folks who like to talk about fiscal stability, it would be nice if they could realize spending hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars on a train for desert lizards is not good for the future of this state.

And if we want to point to the actions of regional governments, I'm proud of what our parliament has done for this region. Go down the line of the most recent bills passed and it's easy to see the positives of this government. From the Rape Kit Processing Act, which addresses a crucial bureaucracy problem. To the School Day Restructuring Act, providing more convenient hours for working families that will help our next generation have a better eduction. To the Parks and Recreation Act, preserving our beautiful public spaces across the region. This is just in the last months alone, no other region can point to this level of progress. It's something to be proud of here in Fremont.

As we look to the future of our country, it's important to remember where we're coming from. This last year we faced the specter of the deadliest pandemic in generations. But Atlasia was lucky to have strong leadership at the helm. Through the efforts of Presidents Pericles, MB, Ted Bessell and Sestak, we implemented strong protections from the beginning along with a robust stimulus to ensure the physical and economic safety of our citizens. And now, with the Labor-led efforts to bring vaccinations to every Atlasian, we are presiding over a return to normalcy. Businesses are opening up, new opportunities lie ahead and most importantly, this is all being done safely.

So please, when you got to vote, remember what the government can do for you. Let's keep the progress going, Utah! Let's elect Amanda Young for governor and a Labor legislature! Thank you! Now let me introduce the First Minister of our great region, Harry S Truman!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #564 on: May 26, 2021, 10:03:00 PM »

(1)

I thank the senator for that introduction. I will try to deserve it.

The senator has made quick work of the Dishonest Alliance and their many false claims about the situation here in Utah. The people have no more confidence in their lies and the lying liars who tell them. I believe that when the votes are counted, it will be a tremendous victory for the Labor party candidates. It will be entirely to the credit of the people that they have thumped the hacks and carpetbaggers and sent them running back to Charleston with their tails between their legs!

You are going to elect Amanda Young the next governor of this state! And your are going to elect a Labor majority along with her in the legislature!

That is because the Labor party is the party of the farmers and the working families of Utah. We are the party of all the people: and we will not rest until every Utahan has the right to live under their own roof and eat bread from their own table.

Four years ago I took over the ministry at a time when Frémonter society was collapsing after many years of Federalist misrule.

There was no government to speak of. Billions of your tax dollars sat idle in the treasury while schools, police forces, and essential services went unfunded. Immorality was on the rise. Everywhere, the power of Eastern oligarchs was felt, and no hand interposed to turn back the tyranny of corporate interests.

Every day since, the Labor party has done battle on behalf of the working families of Utah. We have destroyed the monopoly of corporate power; we have exorcised foreign interests from the halls of our government; we have restored the principle of home rule and returned the government to the people.

There is more to to —much more to do —before we achieve the ideal of a New Great Society. But that work cannot go forward if the Southern rich man's party gets control in this city.

For as every day the Labor party has gone to work for the people of Utah, the Dishonest Alliance has been working against the people.

I will tell you what I mean.

In the February general election the Dishonest Alliance campaigned on solving the rural health crisis. They carried this message in the regional and in the state elections. They took great pains and poured out their soul to demonstrate the strength of their commitment on this issue.

But when I proposed to the Nineteenth Parliament the Rural Health Act —an act that will spend $2 billion in 2021 to build more hospitals and hire more doctors in rural areas —the Dishonest Alliance was nowhere to be found. Not one of their members voted for it. He who had spoken most strongly for the issue during the campaign did not even show up for the vote!

This is how the Dishonest Alliance represents the rural areas of this country.

If they do not keep their promises on rural health, how can we trust them to keep their promises on rural infrastructure? How can we trust them to keep their promises on education?

The simple fact is that the Dishonest Alliance are interested in power, and are interested in winning elections. But when they have got what they want, they are not so interested in following through on any of their promises.

In the last four years your government has proposed a series of measures to help the working people of this state and to destroy the monopoly of corporate power. The principle behind these measures is the one we find in the Declaration of Independence: government exists to safeguard the rights of the people, and it derives its just powers by the common consent of the people.

That is why we passed the local living wage, so that no-one who works is left to live in poverty. It is why we guaranteed the right of every worker to join a union and to negotiate with their employer on an even footing.

It is why we fought against the corrupt federal labor laws passed by the Federalists and secured their repeal. It is why we banned the use of scab labor to give employers an unfair advantage in negotiations.

It is why we passed the thirty-two hour week, so that Frémonters today work shorter hours and earn higher wages than their neighbors to the east on either side of the Mason-Dixon line. It is why we guaranteed your right to be paid what you are owed and to sue your employer when they are cheating you.

At every step the Labor party has come down on the side of the working people of Utah. At every step we have been opposed by the forces of reaction: by the Federalist Rich Man's party and their lapdogs, the Dishonest Alliance.

The Dishonest Alliance voted against the right to strike. They voted against the thirty-two hour week  and the ban on scab labor.

They voted again and again to keep power in the hands of their friends: the rich corporate oligarchs and the Eastern special interests.

The Labor party has always opposed introduction of a sales tax. We believe that the essential services of the state should be paid for by those who have the most to give: the rich and big business.

That is why today, no-one in Utah who earns less than $125,000 a year owes any income taxes to Denver or to their state or local governments. No farmer owes any property taxes, nor do the bottom 90% of homeowners.

But the Dishonest Alliance opposed the policy of the Labor party. They voted to raise taxes on working families by the introduction of a sales tax. In Lincoln, they voted to cut taxes for the very rich while the working and middle classes still pay extremely high rates.

In South Carolina, the Dishonest Alliance trifecta charges a 7% income tax to individuals earning as little as $15,000 a year —on top of whatever they owe to Nashville and to the federal government.

If they care so much about the working people of this country, why do they not start in their own state, by eliminating these oppressive income taxes? Simply, because the Dishonest Alliance do not care about working people: they care only about their own pocketbooks.

The Dishonest Alliance want you to believe that they represent the working families of Utah. But the facts tell a different story.

It was the Labor party who passed the extension of the 2020 farm bill to allow the farmers of this state to sell their crop to the commonwealth at fair prices what they cannot sell at market.

It was the Labor party who broke the monopoly of Southern big agriculture and passed more than $10 million in subsidies to small farmers in the last two years.

It was the Labor party who oversaw the expansion of broadband internet service, so that today Utah has one of the highest rates of broadband coverage anywhere in the country.

It was the Labor party who passed the expansion of the Central line through to Salt Lake City now under construction.

It was the Labor party who ended teaching to the test in public schools, and who has spent $750 billion since 2017 to keep class sizes in public schools low.

The Dishonest Alliance say Labor has not done anything about class sizes. This is a shameless lie. Labor passed the Mann Act now more than four years ago to cap the student-to-teacher ratio at 20:1. We hired more teachers and higher salaries and raised the money to pay for it.

When Dishonest Alliance say your classrooms are overcrowded and your teachers are underpaid, they are lying to you. You know it if your children and grandchildren are enrolled in Utah public schools. They have no right to claim the moral high ground when they tell deliberate and malicious lies to the people of Utah every hour of every day!

The Labor party has kept its promises: on transportation, on rural issues, on education, and workers' rights. There is no comparison between the record of the Labor party, which is filled with page after page of accomplishments for the people of Utah, and the Dishonest Alliance, who talk, and talk, and talk, but never do anything.

I believe the people of Utah have grown sensible to the situation. They know that it is the Labor party who has been their strong friend for the last four years.

They know that we need a strong leader with real achievements to lead us into the third decade of the twenty-first century. And that leader is Amanda Young!

It is a pleasure to speak with you. I wish that we had many more hours ahead of us.

Now I must welcome to the stage, a very good friend of mine, and a true friend of the people ...

(1) Source: Own work.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #565 on: May 26, 2021, 10:04:05 PM »
« Edited: May 26, 2021, 10:13:06 PM by Scott🦋 »

Salt Lake City, Utah2

Thank you, Harry!

It's an honor to be here with the First Minister, Senator FalterinArc, and Utah's next governor, Amanda Young today on the warm spring evening outside the Capitol.

You know, as pessimistic as voters feel about this campaign - and I share your regards - I think that politics in Salt Lake City isn't nearly as divisive as our party leadership is. We've traded our serious of jabs this campaign - sometimes necessarily to contrast the parties' records and ideas - but ultimately, all parties took a great role in impeaching and removing Governor Udall. I was extremely satisfied with the swift response from all parties. Labor responded quickly to the situation, and sadly our urges for him to resign with any shred of integrity intact fell on deaf ears.

So the Speaker led the impeachment process and, along with representatives from the Democratic Alliance and Federalists, appointed impeachment managers to make the best compelling case for removing the Governor.

Contrary to what our opponents have been saying, Labor is not a monolith. We have pro-life legislators. Pro-gun legislators. Heck, I've had the pleasure of meeting with Amanda Young over some target practice, like many of you've seen in one of our recent ads. Amanda Young supports the right to keep and bear arms. As one of the most outspoken mavericks on this issue within my party, I assure you all that Amanda is the real deal when it comes to protecting our outdoor heritage, as well as efficient enforcement of already existing gun laws.

So what is Labor's plan for Utah? Our first priority must be to reopen the doors of the Governor's Mansion and appoint an ethics czar to report directly to the Governor. Although no public official is immune from corruption, the death spike and cover-up demonstrated great need for ethics reform on all levels of state government.

It is often asked in discussions about government accountability: "who is watching the watcher?" And to that I say a credible press is - that imaginary "fourth branch of government". But we're also going to deliver on a more effective approach to fact-checking in the social media age.

I have emphasized much in this campaign about the importance of civil engagement and volunteerism. That is why Labor recruited veterans and activists to use these elections as an opportunity to dip their feet in government.

I chose to capitalize on this message because I know the people of Utah are tied by a common bond, a common culture mended by the LDS Church which fosters an environment of community. Ironically, a dying relic in the social media age. So I know that I can count on the people of Utah to continue instilling positive values in future generations, those of decency and fellowship.

A Young administration's second order of business will be to aid the construction of new schools in districts, including in quickly growing cities such as Logan, that have applied for funding for new schools, offered under the Horace Mann Twenty-First Century Public Education Act that First Minister Truman signed. While I sympathize with the need to build new schools, as the Democratic Alliance also desires, we also want these schools built not at the expense of the public health, and that includes our contractors.

The Young administration will coordinate efforts with Denver and Nyman to expand high-speed rail in ways that are efficient, employ temporary workers under our new Civilian Conservation Corps, pay those workers a living wage, and build a bridge to the post-pandemic economy.

Ladies and gentlemen, Utah is back in business. So let's win this one in honor of Frank Moss: the last Democratic senator to represent Utah in the former United States, and an original sponsor of the Medicaid Act.

We are the New Great Society party. And Amanda Young is the New Great Society candidate.

Remember to register, vote on Election Day, and come together as one Utah where government continues to hold itself accountable, no matter the party.

1. (C) Harry S Truman
2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-VhBgV_YQM
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #566 on: May 28, 2021, 01:42:34 AM »

Salt Lake City, Utah

I can't tell you how very privileged I feel to have been here tonight to be witness to a victory—not a victory by one personality, but a victory by the Labor party for the people.

The significance of this moment is felt by the whole commonwealth. You have sent a message that will resonate throughout the country. You have reaffirmed the sacred pledge which was made by our forefathers in the summer of 1776 and rededicated on the battlefield of Gettysburg: the promise of a government of the people, by the people, for the people.

Tonight is a victory for Utah and for all the free West. It is a victory for the country, for the simple reason that you have shown that it is possible to achieve a New Great Society, if the people are firm in their convictions and steadfast in defense of their rights and liberties against the foreign aggressor.

This has been a great campaign. We could not have been successful without the Herculean efforts of my friend and predecessor, Scott; nor without the hard work of our chairman and vice president, OBD, and our two senators —Seven Eleven and Falterin Arc. And we could not have done it without the people of Utah, who have stood by the Labor party in our hour of greatest need.

This victory is a victory for the people. You did not forget us at the ballot box, and we are not going to forget you —no, never, never!

I said at the start of this campaign that we are engaged in the greatest human endeavor: to create an equitable society. To achieve this will require the commitment of every man, woman, and child to set aside their selfish impulses and work for the good of the whole people. After tonight, I have no doubt that that is exactly what you are going to do.

For my part, I am going to do everything in my power to carry out the platform of the Labor party. And I know that I will have a strong ally in the woman you are all anxious to see—your representative—the next governor of Utah—Amanda Young!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #567 on: June 06, 2021, 12:29:06 PM »
« Edited: June 06, 2021, 01:27:14 PM by Scott🦋 »

North Platte, Nebraska
limited-capacity event; masks mandatory for unvaccinated attendees, optional for those with proof of vaccination - livestreamed on NE Labor Website

Hello and good morning, North Platte!

It's a nice warm day to be speaking with you with a long slate of candidates, from Representative Bryce to Senator Rodgers to your governor, Mr. Bob Nelson!

Today I also speak to you, the people of North Platte and the great state of Nebraska, as a candidate myself for your regional senator! I'm kicking off my first stop on the campaign trail here in Nebraska, where people of this state will help decide the first Senator for our Interior West region!

Now I understand there's been word from our divisive press regarding the relationship Labor has with Governor Nelson, who like me, has developed a profile for opposing Labor efforts when we did not feel they were best for Frémont or for our constituents. My biggest known disagreement with my party on Labor is on the right to bear arms. Although there is great diversity in our party, including our approach to balancing the right to bear arms with mostly commonsense laws that are already on the books.

Still, I was opposed strongly by prominent members of my party. I still have several differences with my party. But I support Labor because it is the best vehicle for social progress and prosperity for the middle class and poor, both urban and rural.

Governor Nelson does too, and despite a disagreement or two between measures, we both want what is best for Nebraska, all across the state. West to east. From our our workers in agriculture to military to transportation to manufacturing for machinery and metals. We want to move those industries and others through the post-COVID economy.

But unlike the Democratic Alliance among many, many other catch-all parties to have arose for as far back I've been a citizen of this country, Labor has always stood on the same bedrock principles. We work and find common ground with people in all parties and on all sides of the spectrum, and only through compromise and consensus were we ever to obtain our most significant achievements, be those most of our previous Constitutions or our great healthcare system, which has enabled Frémont to provide universal healthcare without eliminating private choice, by allowing nonprofit choices for those who are not in AtlasCare. I was instrumental in this bill's passage, and so has Governor Nelson been in providing these benefits to the people of Nebraska and supporting Labor's efforts in both Denver and in Nyman.

Once again, the Democratic Alliance insists on a campaign where they win on false statements. Mr. Ninja0428 insists that Governor Nelson has been "slashing local services". It appears that the DA is still woefully ignorant about longstanding policy in the region they are campaigning in! It merits correcting that, thanks to the efforts of First Minister Truman and myself, that Frémont has longstanding law requiring Denver to bear the cost of all state services!

I do not want North Platte or the people of this state to be fooled by more DA falsehoods, from its original lies about the Alaska Permanent Fund not being helped by Denver, to its misleading claims about student:teacher ratios being too high in Utah - also despite regional legislation providing local grants precisely for keeping them low, to this new lie that Governor Nelson has been slashing local services.

I am urging you, Nebraska, to ignore the lies. Governor Nelson will continue to fight for you, Representative Bryce will continue to fight for you, Senator Rodgers will continue to fight for you, and I will fight for you.

Thank you, North Platte!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #568 on: June 06, 2021, 02:42:29 PM »
« Edited: June 06, 2021, 02:50:13 PM by Scott🦋 »

Neligh, Nebraska1
limited-capacity event; masks mandatory for unvaccinated attendees, optional for those with proof of vaccination - livestreamed on NE Labor Website

Good afternoon, Neligh!

On my second stop in my Nebraska tour, I've had the opportunity to meet with a lot of people, and a small lot small businesses in particular. Needless to say, it's been easier for small communities to be vaccinated against COVID and begin reopening their economy. While Labor continues to mandate some extent of social distancing for our rallies, over time we will gradually be reducing how much mask-wearing and social distancing is necessary. But thanks to former Parliament Speaker Siren's vaccine plan for the Commonwealth, which Governor Nelson has executed faithfully, small towns like Neligh will quickly return to a pre-pandemic normalcy.

That's important for communities like Neligh, among the rest of Antelope County. Antelope County is the largest soybean producer in the state of Nebraska. When family farms across the Frémont struggled, and could only dependent on regional and national stimulus measures to keep these small businesses open, and in competition with the unethical and often abusive factory farms of Big Agriculture, Labor was there to deliver. And as did the governor in every state in Frémont, so too did Bob Nelson.

Bob only worked with the legislature to cut unnecessary regulations which ultimately served to bolster Big Agriculture at the expense of small farms here in Antelope County. He reduced barriers to the market so that those who benefit most from the economy's reopening are those who want a head-start in competing with those megafarms. When Governor Nelson worked with the legislature, he worked with elected members who know the constituents that voted for them. Not Big Ag executives. Not lobbyists. Among those he has worked with is the Nebraska Sustainable Agricultural Society.

It's not corporatism. It's not giveaways to those who can afford the most lobbyists and the best lawyers. And it's certainly not neoliberal economic policies, which the Democratic Alliance has yet to specifically renounce. And yet they cannot renounce, while also running a candidate for the Mountain/Interior West Senate seat who calls himself a supporter of that ideology.

Despite our occasional disagreements, Governor Nelson and I have a fundamentally positive relationship. Labor has never been monolithic, and anyone paying attention to the ongoing Senate campaign can see that even non-NPC members of the party occasionally find themselves at disagreement with each other on policy or strategy. But we have always been the progressive voice for Frémont and we have an long, robust record of proving it.

But here in Nebraska, we believe that government policies are best forged by consensus, even when that means not every side getting 100% of what it wants. We are willing to work with any party on any issue so long that it is in the best interests of Nebraska.

I'm pleased to announce that Governor Nelson is here with me, and he will be speaking to all of you very shortly. Also with us in Senator John Hughes. Senator Hughes is not a member of the Labor Caucus, but rather the leader of the Liberals in the State Senate. Governor Nelson chose him to be his running mate and candidate for Lieutenant Governor this month because he knows Senator Hughes. The new have a great personal relationship, and have also worked together on successfully implementing the Denver vaccine plan to cover all over Nebraska.

And although we are one month closer to eradicating this cruel pandemic, I cannot overstate the importance of obtaining a vaccine if you have not already done so.

This June, vote for Governor Nelson and Senator Hughes! And vote for Senate the person who knows this state and subregion best.

1. http://www.countrysideacresneligh.com/
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #569 on: June 06, 2021, 04:26:38 PM »

Grand Island, Nebraska1

Hello, everyone! Great to be here in Grand Island, home of the upcoming Nebraska State Fair! After a year of quarantining, the people of Grand Island are ready to get back to the annual tradition which brings in over 200,000 in attendance and gives state and local vendors the opportunity to promote their products, in the spirit of Nebraska's agricultural tradition. With excellent vaccine rates by this time, the State Fair will go normally as planned!

Elite politicians overlook Nebraska as a common flyover state. And these are the same politicians who don't understand that running hard-left in a state like Nebraska will not grant them electoral fortune. Here in Nebraska, we value the right to keep and bear arms. This is an issue that I faced a lot of backlash in my own party on, long before these NPC elections started.

And I did exactly that because Nebraskans and people from other states across our region and subregion called my office as Frémont Senator and told me that, while they do not oppose background checks or red flag laws against domestic abusers and terrorists, the so-called "assault weapons" ban would be an infringement on hunters. That the AR-15 is not just a weapon of war, but a legitimate hunting device for feral pigs, antelope jackrabbits, and elk.

In response, and in accordance with my prior convictions on the gun control issue, I stood strong in opposing this ban along with Senators North Carolina Yankee and Louisville Thunder. Though our efforts were unsuccessful, I have never went back on my vote. I do not apologize for my record on this issue. MP YE agrees with me. Strict gun regulations have never passed Parliament. And Governor Nelson agrees that the right to bear arms is necessary for safeguarding the right to self-defense, as well as protecting the rights of hunters and sportsmen.

Governor Nelson also supports open and concealed carry, because a woman should never have to fear being raped. No one should ever have to worry about themselves or their family being threatened. No law-abiding citizen deserves to be a victim or acquiesce to dangerous criminals. Because, as we all know, criminals do not follow laws.

The big tent of Labor understands the needs of its citizens because we listen to our citizens. Governor Nelson is popular in this state specifically because he speaks on behalf of the people who elected him - not just old-timers in the national party.

Nebraskans are understandably wary of outsiders and elitists coming in from the Coasts to tell you how your state ought to be run. Or that there is something wrong with Nebraska because it has a governor who operates with you, the people, in mind.

A vote for Nebraska Labor is a vote to minimize restrictions on the right to bear alarms unless there is an immediate and pressing reason to restrict an individual's right to own a firearm. But with Governor Nelson at the helm, crime has been low. Our streets are safe. There is a common respect that spans across the state, from rural Nebraska to Lincoln and Omaha.

With Governor Nelson, your constitutional rights will be protected and we will continue regrowing our economy, with a laser focus on agriculture and manufacturing to reopen Nebraska as a farming and metal production capital.

But instead of triangulating our party's ideology to a point of incoherence, we remain dedicated to the bedrock principles that keep all factions of Labor as one: a common commitment to the working people and the disenfranchised.

Thank you, Grand Island! Register and vote maroon!

1. https://adriansmith.house.gov/contact/offices/grand-island-office
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #570 on: June 06, 2021, 11:12:26 PM »

Miami International Airport, Florida
drive-in mega-rally, social distancing enforced in non-vaccinated section - livestreamed on FL Labor Website

Good evening, Florida! Great to be here in beautiful Miami for our kickoff mega-rally!

And what a pleasure it is to be here tonight with your excellent Governor, Fidel Chavez, and many South Floridian Labor candidates hoping to stay in - or head up to - Tallahassee and work to lead Florida into a progressive future! During the last term, Governor Chavez has been an effective governor, working with the federal government, the Labor legislature, and local communities to spearhead the continued fight against the COVID pandemic. And, if y'all re-elect him and a Labor majority, you can expect a government that will continue working for you, and for a Florida that Doesn't Sink!

Miami is a growing, vibrant city - which makes the threat climate change presents even more dire. Each year, rising waters threaten not only economic growth, but the homes and livelihoods of thousands of Floridans. Extreme weather is continuing to intensify and increase in frequency, with deadly hurricanes threatening Miami more than ever before. And, the state's ecosystems - which are a huge draw for tourists hoping to enjoy natural beauty from pristine beaches to Everglades National Park - could also fall victim to global warming and natural disasters. Florida needs a state government that is committed to fighting against these grave threats, protecting at-risk Floridans while also leading a transition to renewable, sustainable energy that also will provide good-paying jobs for thousands.

And you can trust Fidel Chavez and your Labor representatives to deliver on these bold promises. Florida Labor is the only party on this month's ballot that has consistently been sounding the alarm on climate change and resource depletion. And, Florida Labor - as well as federal Labor - is the only party that has consistently delivered on this critical issue. We passed the Red-Green New Deal, a bold expansion of renewable energy that will provide thousands of jobs across Atlasia. And, here in Florida, Governor Chavez, through his visionary Florida Doesn't Sink campaign, is leading many legislative initiatives to take the fight to climate change here in Florida. We're going to pick up the slack for the regional government and make Florida a leader in climate change policy, disaster preparedness, renewable energy expansion, and ecosystem preservation. We're going to work with communities to protect from extreme weather, protecting housing and infrastructure while refining disaster response plans. We're going to lead a historic expansion of renewable energy, bringing jobs and economic opportunity to communities across Florida. We're going to protect the natural beauty that makes Florida such an attractive state for tourism. And, we're going to take on the other issues - whether it's revamping public education, leveling the playing field for marginalized communities, or ensuring every working Floridan has the right to a roof above their heads and good food on the table. Folks, Governor Chavez and Florida Labor has so much more they want to do for this great state - and with your vote, we're going to make our bold, ambitious plans, our New Great Society, reality!

Thank you, Miami! Register to vote if you haven't already, and join us in our grassroots fight to keep Governor Chavez and a Labor legislative majority in Florida!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #571 on: June 07, 2021, 06:16:14 AM »

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania1
limited-capacity event; masks mandatory for unvaccinated attendees, optional for those with proof of vaccination - livestreamed on PA Labor Website

Good morning, Pittsburgh!

I'm glad to be here campaigning today with Governor Bakersfield, as we officially kick off her campaign for reelection in this all-important state!

Governor Bakersfield has been a progressive, pragmatic governor who the working people of Pittsburgh can depend on. On unions, she's a hardliner, and her support for all industries, private and public sector, is unwavering. Unions built Western Pennsylvania and unions built Atlasia. There is no conflict on that in our party. No matter where we differ, there's still that bedrock foundation for supporting working men and women.

Labor's opponents in Harrisburg, might suggest otherwise or try fragmenting Labor's message with the environment and protecting union-supported jobs. Now Governor Bakersfield favors a reasoned, rational approach to the issue of fracking, but also with the explicit agreement and knowledge that we must transfer towards green, renewable energy. And we must do it quickly and in a way that so that the existing workers and industry, and those communities, are respected and assisted in their transition.

We can't just say "Go learn coding" or "Good luck, put in an application at Walmart." The Governor understands that this requires a thoughtful transition. We do not support an immediate fracking ban, because then where does 40% of our nation's electricity that natural gas generates come from?

But we need a governor who will keep Pennsylvania's long-term goals consistent with the ones laid our in the Red-Green New Deal. In no way can we understate the urgency in transferring to 100% renewable energy. But there is a way to do it and there's a way to do it right, so that we may find an equitable path toward independence from foreign countries as well as independence from fossil fuels.

Governor Bakersfield, a signatory of the No Fossil Fuel Money Pledge, is rejecting all campaign donations from fossil fuel industries. Of course, this is consistent with the Governor's pledge not to take money from any special interest or PAC, instead taking money from small donors.

Sadly, this issue is often painted as a "jobs versus environment" dilemma, but Pennsylvania Labor just doesn't buy into it. One thing we can always guarantee to the working people of Pennsylvania is that jobs will always be there. You all have an ally in Governor Bakersfield. You all have an ally in Governor KaiserDave.

So let's talk about an issue we all agree on, and that is infrastructure. Pennsylvania, unlike Texas several months ago, is part of the national grid. And Governor Bakersfield has ensured that Pennsylvania's infrastructure dollars are used to seclude the state from future disasters. This also goes hand-in-hand with energy infrastructure, and employing people who install the technology that produces wind and solar power. Our renewed Civilian Conservation Corps is employing people with living wages to establish that infrastructure, and they are being paid living wages as the economy recovers and the private sector reopens in a post-pandemic economy.

No doubt, Pennsylvania has been another Labor success story. And I believe you, the people of the Keystone State, will return Joanne Bakersfield to the Governor's Mansion with a strong Labor mandate in the legislature. Along with the Governor I have Representative Kate Ellensworth and Senator Howard Lamb. Governor Bakersfield is going to talk about her outlook for energy in the region and her plan to invest in jobs for Pittsburgh and surrounding working-class communities through the state and rebuilding Southwestern Pennsylvania.

Thank you, Pittsburgh!

1. https://www.chatham.edu/
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #572 on: June 07, 2021, 08:29:21 AM »
« Edited: June 07, 2021, 09:28:25 AM by Scott🦋 »

Aliquippa, Pennsylvania1
limited-capacity event; masks mandatory for unvaccinated attendees, optional for those with proof of vaccination - livestreamed on PA Labor Website

Good morning, Aliquippa! I'm glad to be making the second stop of the day here in Western Pennsylvania, and speaking with hundreds of individuals and families in the area.

No doubt that the de-industrialization of Rust Belt towns and cities has left thousands unemployed and living in squalor. This is brought on in large part by federal trade laws which neglected small towns like Aliiquippa, but that simply does not measure up to automation, and the essential role that higher education plays in empowering people and revitalizing communities on decline. Governor Bakersfield had made education in these areas a priority, so that those in the manufacturing industry may move up to more advanced levels of production, which pays better and enables workers to thrive in the 21st century globalized, information-based economy. And to compete for higher wages.

But Rust Belt cities like Aliquippa are also seeing a comeback in no small part to the influx of immigrants who've come to cities like Pittsburgh and surrounding areas within the metro. New data from the New Atlasian Economy reinforces that immigrants do not take jobs, they create them. And that greatly enhances the well-being of Atlasian-born residents in their local economies and neighborhoods in Southwestern Pennsylvania.

These are the same immigrants that have helped cities like Philadelphia develop, even as it faces many of the same problems as Pittsburgh and nearby cities like Aliquippa. In fact, great Labor leaders like Philly's Jim Kenney have been early advocates of working immigrants, developing city revitalization plans focused on immigrants. And Governor Bakersfield has taken Mayor Kenney's reforms as initiatives for the rest of Pennsylvania's economy. Those community investments have paid dividends, setting the stage for Philadelphia's population rebound.

In other Rust Belt cities, such as St. Louis, local leaders are working to transform their cities into the fastest growing metropolitan area for immigration. The St. Louis Mosaic Project, for example, has invested in attracting and retraining international students who are struggling to hire talent in critical hard-to-fill areas. And far from stealing Atlasian jobs, international students are helping employers fill open STEM positions so that these companies can compete, grow, and hire more people at every level. It has even been estimated that every international student who earns a graduate STEM degree in Atlasia who is then hired by an Atlasian employer creates 2.62 additional jobs!

The same is happening here in Aliquippa and around Pittsburgh.

Revitalizing our communities and welcoming new arrivals to the state and country is one more example of the New Great Society working on a local level. Our economy here in Southwestern PA, a place once abandoned and forgotten by the rich politicians in charge, will grow at levels not seen in decades as Governor Bakersfield and Labor's leadership in Lincoln continues to steer us out of the COVID-19 pandemic. And that comes with our new investments in infrastructure provided to those who are unemployed or looking for work as a result of COVID-19.

I would now like to introduce two candidates for statehouse running in this district. Both were born and raised here in Beaver County, and those people are our candidate for House, Dr. Jim Swann, a local dentist in the area who's been operating his same practice here in Aliquippa since graduating from med school. Also with us today is our candidate for Senate, Councilmember Lynn Ricci. Councilmember Ricci has been an ally to progressive leaders in Pittsburgh and in Harrisburg to revitalize our communities, and now she's running to be your voice at the capitol!

Thank you, Aliquippa!!

1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliquippa,_Pennsylvania#/media/File:Downtown_Aliquippa.jpg
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #573 on: June 07, 2021, 11:15:09 AM »
« Edited: June 23, 2021, 02:05:31 AM by Senator-elect Scott🦋 »

Sunbury, Pennsylvania1

Good afternoon, Sunbury! And thank you to Riverfront Park for hosting us today.

Now I would like to begin by first expressing my outrage at the new big pharma scandal that broke out just a few weeks ago. It is an issue of particular importance to communities like the ones here in Northumberland County, among the rest of the Northeastern Pennsylvania Coal region, where thousands of lives have been affected by the ongoing opioid epidemic. It is a story that hits at the very soul of Appalachia and struggling and former mining communities, as displaced coal workers find themselves displaced by automation and by the energy economy's transition to fracking and renewables.

But the plight of those who succumb to opiate addiction is nothing but a joke to those funding our opponents in Harrisburg. Those people are the Big Pharma executives themselves, who circulated emails mocking addicts as "Pillbillies". 500,000 Atlasians and counting have died as a result of their addiction, and they are mocked and ignored by the elite pharma executives who caused and continue to profit from this epidemic facing our country.

According to the Pennsylvania Department of Health, "[t]he prescription opioid and heroin overdose epidemic is the worst public health crisis" in the state. And as the COVID-19 pandemic subsides, the severity of addiction only underscores the need for more transparency and accountability.

I do not mince words when I call these execs what they are. These people are traitors, and enemies of the people. The blood of hundreds of thousands of is on their hands. Their actions have killed Atlasians across the country and throughout Pennsylvania, both rural and urban. And yet these rich pharma execs callously view us and our loved ones as pawns for their profits and entertainment.

Governor Jo says no more, and she's acting on behalf of our struggling communities which addiction has ravaged. She is working with regional leaders, along with multi-partisan governors Attorneys General in states near Pennsylvania including West Virginia, Ohio, and Kentucky to take a united stand, legal stand against the perpetrators of this epidemic.

But Governor Jo also understands something that is seldom discussed in any topic related to opiates: that there are still, in fact, Americans who are in need of legitimate pain treatment. I am not just saying this; my since-departed mother summed up the problem eloquently: a war on all opiates, and especially those to who they are legally prescribed, is a war on pain patients. My mom was one of those pain patients, and based on personal anecdotes and conversations in person with people who suffer from chronic pain feel as though they have no other choice.

And that is why if we go too far in restricting access to these medications, pain patients will only have three avenues to relieving themselves of pain: either they steal the drugs from someone they know, they turn to dangerous and highly addictive street drugs, or they commit suicide.

The government is certainly in no place to be playing doctor here, by limiting how doctors treat their patients and, in the process, making it harder for these patients to receive treatment if their doctor is not able to do their job unencumbered by the fear of state or federal probes. I think I speak for everyone here when I say that doctors are people worthy of discretion because they know their patients best.

Over this past year, we've trusted our medical health professions, and we need them more than ever in fighting this epidemic.

Ladies and gentlemen, Labor's candidate for State Senate, Dr. Jessica Dawson!

1. https://susquehannagreenway.org/sunbury-riverfront-park
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #574 on: June 07, 2021, 08:23:09 PM »

Kendall, Florida
drive-in mega-rally, social distancing enforced in non-vaccinated section - livestreamed on FL Labor Website

Good evening, Kendall!

The heart of Florida Doesn't Sink, Governor Chavez's signature program, is legislative initiatives to make Florida a leader in the battle against climate change. Labor is committed to spearheading efforts that benefit all Floridans, creating jobs and new sources of renewable energy while ensuring that folks in at-risk areas are safe from rising waters and extreme weather. We'll make clean energy plentiful and cheap, reducing emissions while maintaining levees and protecting neighborhoods from rising waters. Labor has been sounding the alarm on the deleterious effects of climate change for years now - and as our progress both here in Florida and up in Nyman has shown, you can count on us to get our ambitious plans implemented for you.

But, climate change isn't the only issue facing Florida that we're determined to fix. Both here in the South and across the nation, disparities in education have continued to plague communities while removing opportunities from deserving young Floridans. While the wealthy have escaped the public system by sending their children to prestigious private institutions overflowing with funding (all while backing efforts to defund public schools), the rest of Florida has had to contend with outdated curriculums and materials, decaying buildings, inflated class sizes, and so many other ills.

Labor believes that it's time for this to end. As we've been doing across the nation, we're going to level the playing field. We're going to invest in public education, and ensure that every student in Florida has equal access to a strong, rigorous public education. We'll work to update both curriculums and the schools where they are taught. We'll work with teachers's unions to ensure Florida's educators receive their rightful compensation, both during and after their teaching careers. We'll equalize educational opportunities, ensuring that even the poorest Florida students have access to valuable extracurricular experiences, an education in the sciences and the arts, and a strong mental health safety net. And, we will guarantee every Florida student with a desire to learn a free community college education - a Florida Promise that will open the doors of higher education to all.

Governor Chavez has been working hard for y'all up in Tallahassee. And he, as well as Labor's legislative caucus, are eager to get back to work for Florida next term. With a majority, we'll be able to fight for working Floridans from Day One, and pass popular legislative initiatives that benefit working families, rather than rich donors. It's time for a New Great Society, folks - and your invaluable support will help make it reality.

So, Kendall, I urge you tonight - vote. If you haven't registered already, do so. Labor's partnered with community voting rights organizations here in South Florida, and we're offering bilingual support for first-time voters and folks who need help with their ballots or getting to a polling booth or dropbox. Let's show up at the polls this month and send a renewed Labor government back to Tallahassee!

Thank you! Now, I'd like to introduce your State Senator, Fernán Bonilla. A former teacher, he taught in Kendall for decades before entering politics to fight for his kids in public office. And now, he's ready and determined to help us pass a legislative package for all Florida students. Let's give him a warm welcome!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies