Labor NPC Campaigns thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:40:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor NPC Campaigns thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25
Author Topic: Labor NPC Campaigns thread  (Read 25186 times)
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: May 24, 2021, 11:34:45 PM »

Spanish Fork, Utah
limited-capacity event; masks mandatory for unvaccinated attendees, recommended for those with proof of vaccination - livestreamed on UT Labor Website

Howdy, Spanish Fork!

I recently spoke with Hank Flowers, your state legislative candidate, and some of our great attendees here tonight, who've been surprised by the sheer amount of effort Labor's putting into this campaign. While I've been touring the nation, supporting Labor candidates from sea to shining sea, Mr. Flowers here has arguably been doing even more - working to call every single registered voter here in Spanish Fork about his candidacy, while working on socially-distanced campaigning here on Main Street. In fact, he just came over from a town hall down at the high school! And your questions have brought up an excellent point. We in Labor - whether it's national figures or your local candidates - are committed to winning another term to keep advocating for the working families of Utah, and we are going to keep traversing every inch of the campaign trail to achieve this goal. Unlike special-interest politicians hungry for power to enact their neoliberal policies, Labor is fighting for the ordinary folks of Utah, and we derive our strength from the support of working folks, not from Wall Street big business. And you can count on Hank Flowers here being just as industrious, just as big as a fighter for you at the State Capitol, as he is right now, canvassing every inch of Spanish Fork to gather support for his campaign to upset an incumbent DAer. 

And you can take it to the bank that while Utah Labor and the New Jersey Labor campaign that just delivered a crushing blow to the forces of neoliberalism have significant ideological differences - the benefit of having a diverse party where the exchange of different ideas is welcomed, not squelched - their shared commitment to working families and to defeating Wall Street special interests is fierce, and unequaled. Folks here in Spanish Fork can count on Labor to fight for them and the issues that matter - whether it's caring for the kids as they transition back to an in-person school environment, expanding and upgrading clean energy plants like the Spanish Fork Wind Project, making smart and community-supported expansions to infrastructure, and getting working folks the support - and living wages that they deserve. In stark contrast to the Democratic Alliance, Labor is the only party with a strong commitment to the working families of Utah - with a strong legislative record to prove it - and a bold policy vision that will prioritize progress over platitudes and help Utah Build Back Better from COVID-19!

And now, before I hand the mic over to him, I'd like to officially introduce Hank Flowers. In addition to having a viral work ethic that has inspired Laborites across the country, he's also a devout member of the LDS church who will take his faith with him to the State Capitol. He's a staunch believer in the power of government to help its constituents, and he will be a steadfast advocate for working families here in Spanish Fork and across Utah. And, as a father of five, he's ready to get to work on education and improve public school systems for all Utahns to enjoy. Let's get to the ballot boxes and send him to Salt Lake City!

Thank you, Spanish Fork. Be well, and get out and vote up and down the ballot for your Labor candidates!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #526 on: May 25, 2021, 12:06:58 AM »

Provo, Utah
limited-capacity event; masks mandatory for unvaccinated attendees, recommended for those with proof of vaccination - livestreamed on UT Labor Website

Hey hey, Provo!

Provo's a special place - the spiritual center of a growing faith, a linchpin of an economic corridor on the rise, a city nestled among great natural beauties, a locale renowned for being one of Atlasia's best places to raise a family, and so much more. And one of Provo's most recognizable institutions - BYU - doubles as an example of affordable college done right. With low tuition, BYU has long been one of the friendliest institutions for low-income Utahns, and has provided a transformative education to the thousands that have passed through its hallowed halls.

Labor is seeking to take a note from BYU and institutions like it, and work to make other public universities across both Utah and Fremont more accessible, while also offering improved educational opportunities and curriculums alike. And through our landmark Higher Education Reform Act, we did exactly that. This amazing initiative makes a university education here in Fremont not a luxury, but a guarantee - opening up the promises of higher learning to all, regardless of wealth or residence, for the first time in history. And, in addition to this bold step for education, HERA also scrapped for-profit private standardized tests for a regional test developed by educational expert and administered for free by Fremont, and will help equalize curriculum quality and educational/research opportunities across the region, bringing elements and coursework from some of the region's world-renowned educational institutions to even the smallest state university.

And, Labor is committed to delivering on smart infrastructure proposals that will give Utahns the most bang for their buck. The landmark Public Transportation and Connections Act - which I spent two months researching and discussing with constituents - provided funding to extend light rail to Provo while also electrifying the FrontRunner commuter rail. And, via another clause of this comprehensive transit bill, any future infrastructure expansion here in Provo will have the backing of Fremont's sizable surplus. While we're not going to back expensive rail connections across the desert that fly in the face of common sense and local wishes alike, we won't hesitate to support projects that folks will use, and help reduce emissions in the process. DA can call us anti-infrastructure - but in reality, it's Labor that has provided Utah with the means to expand public transportation, and it is Labor that will guide expansion responsibly, not sink Utah's money into expensive pork barrel rail projects.

Thank you, Provo! Utah's hospitality has been great, and I'm looking forward to continuing my tour of your beautiful state! But don't forget - get out and vote for Amanda Young and your Labor legislative candidates, and choose PROGRESS over PLATITUDES!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #527 on: May 25, 2021, 12:34:10 AM »

Orem, Utah

Hello, Orem!

It's a beautiful night here on the Wasatch Front, but can you feel it? The tension, this moment, in the air? Tonight, we stand at the brink of one of the most contentious elections in Utah history - the clock is ticking down, and the people of this great state shall soon make a momentous decision for the future of this state. To continue moving forward with the Labor Party. a party with a proven record of fighting for the little man and Utah families, or chance it on the neoliberal DA, a party with a proven obsession with rail who has otherwise ripped their platform straight from Labor's key Fremont accomplishments. They've fought hard to seize control of the narrative and trick the people of Utah into voting for their neoliberal, Wall Street boardroom policy, but folks here in Utah know that active, people-powered Labor government has been their friend. And I trust that they will elect Amanda Young to the governor's mansion and a Labor majority to the statehouse, so we can get back to work for the people of the Beehive State and make the New Great Society a reality!

Orem - and the greater Wasatch Front corridor - is one of the fastest-growing parts of Utah, Fremont, and Atlasia at-large, and Labor is ready to get Utah out of the COVID funk, and get the good times rollin'. We'll work to support Orem's growth with infrastructure projects - including light rail extension and FrontRunner electrification, renewable energy expansion to keep Orem sustainable, and continued support for working families - through support for unions, good benefits, and a living wage - to ensure everyone can partake in the fruits of a booming economy. Utah is a state with a great potential for growth, and Labor is ready to guide Utah into a bright, prosperous future, leaving no Utahn behind. It's too dangerous to entrust the keys of this great state to the unproven Democratic Alliance, who have backed expensive, quixotic train projects across the Utah desert, and have attempted to claim Labor accomplishments for their own platform when we called them out for their foolish pork barrel rail proposals. They're out of touch with local interests here in Utah, and it is crystal-clear that they are not ready to lead in Salt Lake City.

So, my friends, let's stick with a party that, despite difficult trials, has proven its ability to lead, legislate, and put the people of Utah over partisan interest. Let's vote for Amanda Young, a bright new voice who is committed to fighting corruption - she helped lead the impeachment efforts against the disgraced former Governor, efforts that Utah Labor overwhelmingly supported - and fighting for the people of Utah through our bold New Great Society programs. Let's elect a Labor majority to the legislature, to keep sane adults without a crippling train obsession in charge of the budget and state projects. And, Orem, let's elect Elijah Love to the state legislature. His story is a classic tale of the Atlasian Dream - an immigrant from Haiti, his hard work and dedication brought him a college degree, and now he's determined to head to the State Capitol to ensure others will have the same opportunity he had to get a good life here in Utah and assist in advancing the state into a promising future.

Thank you, Orem! Don't forget to get out and vote up and down the ballot for your Labor candidates! Let's put progress above platitudes, build back better, together, and elect a government of, for, and by the people here in the Beehive State!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #528 on: May 25, 2021, 12:41:02 AM »
« Edited: May 25, 2021, 12:54:03 AM by Scott🦋 »

Bayview-Hunters Point, San Francisco1
limited-capacity event; masks mandatory for unvaccinated attendees, recommended for those with proof of vaccination - livestreamed on CA Labor Website

Good evening, San Francisco!

So I wanted to wrap up tonight's campaign by highlighting the great social progress we've seen for black Atlasians, particularly in neighborhoods like Bayview-Hunters Point. I'm proud of the fact that Labor passed small business loans to those struggling most during the pandemic, particularly black-owned businesses. But more importantly, we learned how black Atlasians were disproportionately impacted by the pandemic. And it was clear we had to act.

So we built new hospitals. We took lessons from history and rushed aid to poor and black neighborhoods as we were still flattening the curve. Both Sacramento and San Francisco made good use of their stimulus dollars, and that's in no small part thanks to black leadership on the city council and in state government.

This past year, there has been a great and necessary discussion on racial inequalities. But I am proud to say that, due to prior reforms passed under previous Labor governments - with bipartisan support - Atlasia sees fewer incidents of police misconduct. We've created a culture where police are held accountable like you or me. We've mandated the recording of police interactions and implemented reforms to education and training. We've done this on all levels of government, including here in San Francisco.

And that creates a culture of trust. San Francisco is a shining example of relationships between the police and the people they've sworn to protect. This has lessened the potential for riots in a year where crime saw a modest uptick due to the long quarantine. And those efforts our party and Mayor Chu led on has fostered a safe environment thanks to the increased police transparency.

And now the police we do hire, with few exceptions, are truly outstanding men and women. Because they live to serve you.

But we must not let our efforts on criminal justice reform enable crime. While riots are indeed, as Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. aptly described, "the language of the unheard", violent lawbreaking cannot be justified. Looting cannot be justified. No violence of any kind can or will be excused. Because to ignore crime merely creates a new class of the unheard.

Once again, I'm proud to introduce your mayor, Nora Chu. Thank you, San Francisco!

1. Vice Media
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #529 on: May 25, 2021, 12:58:11 AM »

Lehi, Utah

Hey there, Lehi!

It's great to be here on the Silicon Slopes, a technological Mecca budding right before our eyes! Lehi has increasingly become a base for innovation and research, a pivot that has transformed it into a economic center with limitless growth potential - and has also created a beautiful nighttime viewing experience from Traverse Mountain!

Utah Labor is committed to continuing to nurture economic growth in Lehi while ensuring every Lehi resident can partake in it. But, we're also determined to add another source of jobs for Lehi that doubles as a concentrated initiative to ensure we can preserve Utah's vibrance, growth, and environmental beauty for her children - the next generation.

Climate change and resource deprivation are two of the greatest threats to Utah - but together, with a concerted effort, we can face them down. The most necessary step is a transition to renewable energy - which starts right here with tech development here in Lehi. Labor took the first step on this critical issue by passing my Green Futures Act - including a signature program to make personal solar panels, and cheaper energy bills, a short no-interest loan away - and Utah Labor is going to build on this momentum to make Utah a global leader in clean energy solutions. We're going to work with university researchers and private enterprise alike to improve the efficiency and production cost for various renewable energy solutions, like wind and solar, while also breaking ground on new construction across the entire state. Utah has amazing potential for renewable energy production, and it's past time to tap into it for the sake of the environment. We'll also look into nuclear power with the assistance of local research institutions and community input - if done safely, it can be an incredibly effective, relatively emissions-free, and powerful stopgap as we work to convert entirely to renewables. And, we're going to support comprehensive efforts to mitigate climate change's effects. We're going to use the power of technology and modern land-use and care techniques to keep droughts at bay and protect all Utahns from potential deleterious effects like water shortage and soil depletion. And, we're going to stand with Utah's national parks and unparalleled natural beauty, maintaining and conserving it lovingly to preserve it for future generations to enjoy. 

We know how important family is to Utahns. And we believe the best way to support one's family and ensure that its youngest members can live long, happy lives, is to ensure that the environment they live in will stay friendly and that the power sources they will rely on won't run out and leave them freezing in the dark. That's why we're committed to fighting for a bold, comprehensive, climate change mitigation plan, and why we hope you will join us at the ballot box so we can make it reality. Labor has a proven legislative record - we've already gotten started on this crucial issue in Denver - and you can trust us to deliver for Utah's working families, present and future!

Thank you, Lehi! And now, I'd like to introduce your State Senate candidate, Maybelle Johnson. As a City Councillor, she worked to bring jobs and new tech opportunities to Lehi, and she will be a ready advocate for Labor's bold, futuristic plan for clean energy in Salt Lake City! Let's give her a warm welcome!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #530 on: May 25, 2021, 01:21:24 AM »

Labor Ad: Old Reliable
airing high-intensity in all media markets of states up for election

Camera pans to a suburban landscape. Two people are comparing their rides - a demure red sedan, and a outlandish, futuristic-looking blue car decorated with an excessive amount of spoilers and, strangely, train stickets

Person 1: ...that looks cool and all, but I'm sticking with Labor. Dependable, reliable performance that I've counted on for years. I can trust this ol' car to take me anywh-

Person 2: ARE YOU SERIOUS? Check out this amazing DA-Hyperspeed-Train-i-nator 3000, now with Auto-Drive! It's flashy, attractive, and the guy that sold it to me claimed it could do 1000 miles on a single charge! Smell you later, idiot, I'm goin' to work!

Person 2 hops into the blue car and speeds away. Suddenly, money labelled 'taxpayer dollars' begins streaming out of the back window

Person 2: What on earth?  

Then, Person 2 loses control of the car, barreling straight for a wall labelled pork barrel rail projects.

Person 2: OH SH-

The car smashes into the wall, turning into a burning inferno. Meanwhile, the red car drives by smoothly, driving towards a city. A highway sign labelled "sensible infrastructure projects" indicates the destination

Person 1 (to camera): And that's why the loudest, flashiest product, isn't always the best built underneath.

He chuckles, driving past a series of signs touting Labor investment in education, renewable energy, urban renewal, and rural broadband

Person 1: Vote Labor. For bold New Great Society programs, all with dependable, responsible leadership that you can trust.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #531 on: May 25, 2021, 03:15:23 AM »

St. George, Utah

This election is not about promises. It is about facts. It is about the common values we share as Frémonters: integrity, hard work, and commitment to family.

The people of Utah have a choice in this election. And I believe you are going to make the right choice.

I believe you are going to elect Amanda Young the next governor of this state! And you are going to elect a Labor majority along with her in the legislature!

When you vote the Labor ticket you are not only voting for Amanda. You are voting for your own interests.

That is because the Labor party is the party of the farmers and the working people of Utah. The Dishonest Alliance is the party of the rich and the special interests.

When the farmers of this state appealed to Denver during the worst pandemic in more than a century, it was the Labor party who answered them. We saw to it that they could sell to the commonwealth at fair prices what they could not sell at market, and so saved many thousands of farmers from failure.

Last week parliament voted to extend the 2020 farm bill for another year, to pay $100 million to farmers here in Utah and across Frémont who have suffered due to the pandemic. This bill was proposed by a Labor member of parliament, Mr. Bessell, and it was passed by a Labor government.

In the last four years I have kept every promise I made to you. I ask no-one to take me at my word. When I say the Labor party is the party of the farmers, I am not making promises for the distant future: I am telling you the facts.

The Labor party has always been the steadfast friend of the farmers and rural communities of Utah. And the farmers are going to need a friend before this year is over.

For four years we have fought for the small farmer against Southern big agriculture and the corrupt Eastern special interests. And we are not going to quit!

We are going to create a New Great Society in Utah. We will not rest until every Utahan has the right to live under their own roof and eat bread off their own table.

Those are the values we are fighting for in this campaign.

I believe that the pundits who have predicted Labor's defeat are going to have a big surprise on Sunday morning.

It is the people of Utah who will decide this election, and not the media or the carpetbagging politicians.

On Saturday we are going to send the Dishonest Alliance a message.

We are going to win!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #532 on: May 25, 2021, 06:40:19 AM »
« Edited: May 25, 2021, 06:04:04 PM by Scott🦋 »

Cheyenne, Wyoming1
limited-capacity event; masks mandatory for unvaccinated attendees, recommended for those with proof of vaccination - livestreamed on WY Labor Website

As our campaign rapidly comes to a close on this last day of regular campaigning, I am pleased to be here for my last visit to the state to campaign with Wynona Thomas and Labor candidates for statehouse.

Coming back once more to speak to my home state is the least I can do for the place that gave me my start in Frémont. To a state that is unlike any other. To a state where the virtues of self-reliance and giving back go hand-in-hand. Because even in a state as large as Wyoming, no man, or woman, is an island.

Our state's crown jewel is Yellowstone National Park, which just might be the crown jewel of such a geographically diverse region in its all its natural beauty. It is parks like Yellowstone that we keep in the hands of the people. It is not merely a racket for tourism, it is a symbol of Frémont and to all who love the outdoors. To hunters, sportsmen, hikers, bikers, fishers, farmers, ranchers.

It is a state where we kept our parks open to families to camp in a socially distant environment at the height of the pandemic. It is a state where we balanced the interests of our fossil fuel workers, with the investments we're making in renewable energy and transportation. Because in Atlasia, a future with renewable energy and increased standards of life without Wyoming, is no future at all.

But you, the people of the Equality State, will vote to reelect the party that enables the state to live up to its name, as well as a fundamental tenet of conservatism that the special interests have perverted for material gain: I speak, of course, of conservation itself.

The Thomas administration and Labor government at the Capitol will continue to protect our wild lands and our stewards of the earth. We will resist attempts to restrict responsible gun ownership for law-abiding citizens, just as we will resist attempts to privatize public lands or give free rein to the fossil fuels industry.

That is a promise we have kept, and the overwhelming majority of Wyomingites support.

And so I continue to urge the people to fight for what's right. Fight for candidates who will conserve our values, our tradition, our heritage, our home. Register to vote if you haven't, and voice your confidence in Wynona Thomas on the 29th.

I look very much forward to being with you all again at the official state watch party as we watch the results trickle in.

Dave bless all of you, Dave bless the State of Wyoming, Dave bless the great Commonwealth of Frémont, and Dave bless the Republic of Atlasia!!!

1. Photo credit: Liza Weisstuch
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #533 on: May 25, 2021, 11:04:50 AM »
« Edited: May 25, 2021, 04:52:30 PM by Scott🦋 »

North Beach, San Francisco1
limited-capacity event; masks mandatory for unvaccinated attendees, recommended for those with proof of vaccination - livestreamed on CA Labor Website

Good morning, San Francisco! As our tour begins todwrap up, I wanted to hold another dual rally-voter registration event, this one sponsored by our student volunteers at San Francisco State University.

And to those still making up their minds, I am compelled to remind those voters that Labor delivered on rail in San Francisco long before our opponents did, who outlined a vague-at-best outline of their solutions from the city, when many of those solutions are already there.

We're in the development process of connecting North Beach through Chinatown, as prescribed by Fremont's high speed rail act which devotes a great portion of itself to San Francisco, particularly extending Silicon Valley from Warm Springs station to Cupertino, via San Jose and Santa Clara/Mineta Airpor. We have extended the Yellow, Blue, and Orange Lines, and established a comprehensive grid around this region of California.

Yes, that's right. Labor started out with the original transportation nerds, and the Truman law paid great attention to detail in each state based on the size and needs of populations, so that taxpayers' transportation dollars are being spent efficiently. And more importantly, they are being managed by people like Nora Chu who know the city, who know the Valley, and will unveil the grand opening as public transportation becomes commonplace again.

As the Democratic Alliance continues to repeat the lie that schools are not being funded or built, they continue to dodge the Commonwealth's 20:1 classroom ratio that passed four years ago.

And whether these statements on taxes, on transportation, on schools are made out of ignorance or a malicious desire to win on lies, they have demonstrated throughout this campaign that they do not have the know-how to work with Denver and the California State Government on these existing projects.

I would like to introduce you all to Stanley Davidson, a city councilor from the North Beach neighborhood to fully outline the Truman-Chu plan that he was instrumental in drafting.

Non-registered voters may, at any time, head over to a nearby volunteer and register in time for the election. Let's elect trusted, experienced leadership, North Beach. Reelect Counciman Davidson and Mayor Chu!

1. https://www.sftravel.com/explore/neighborhoods/north-beach
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #534 on: May 25, 2021, 11:12:28 AM »

Draper, Utah

Good morning, Draper! Great to be here in the final stretch of this unprecedented Utah campaign.

And once more, as has become usual here in the Beehive State, I'm also here to set the record straight. The DA has once more been peddling lies to the people of Utah, claiming that they will be the party to fix this state's education system and that Labor has not. Through their fiery - yet empty - platitudes and plans without serious substance, they've tried to claim Labor accomplishments and goals for themselves to seize the political high ground. But, folks, the bottom line is - Labor is the party with a proven record of taking action on class sizes, underfunded schools, and improving education. Labor is the party with a strong legislative record on educational issues. And when DA comes swooping in, attempting to steal Labor's platform and playbook to fool just enough folks to win the state, it is nothing short of a fraud on the people of Utah.

Let's be real, Draper, the DA doesn't know what they're doing! When we called them out on their absolutely asinine plan to spend valuable money on a pork barrel rail plan across the vast, fragile Utah desert, they doubled down on their expensive, out-of-touch project. And now, they're clearly running on a platform of accomplishments Labor made months ago - and they clearly know it, given that they haven't even bothered to reveal the details of their plans to the people of Utah (and if they did, I suspect it'd read very similarly to one of First Minister Truman's previous bills!). For the sake of this state, out-of touch copycats and fakers cannot be handed the levers of power in Salt Lake City. Don't choose the erratic, dishonest, neoliberal pale Labor imitation. Choose the party with a proven record of fighting for the common man, whether it's in Nyman, Denver, or Salt Lake City. Choose the party that passed legislation on the DA's pet issues months - and in some cases years - ago. Labor might not be the flashiest option on the table, but it's by far the most dependable - and unlike DA, you know we will deliver for the working families of Utah.

And now, I'd like to introduce your State Senate candidate, Jordan Levinson! She's worked in the Utah Transit Authority her entire life, and was horrified by the prospect of pork-barrel-rail lovers (DA's words, not mine!) controlling her departmental funds. She's running to support smart infrastructure investments, like the ones she's helped to implement during her 19 years at UTA, and she'll provide great expertise and a deep well of inside knowledge on public transit to the State Senate. Let's give her a warm welcome!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #535 on: May 25, 2021, 11:42:57 AM »

West Jordan, Utah
limited-capacity event; masks mandatory for unvaccinated attendees, optional for those with proof of vaccination - livestreamed on UT Labor Website

Hey hey, West Jordan!

I've spoken with some folks here in West Jordan - and across Utah - who have been considering voting for DA. They say that DA seems to have a lot of plans for the issues of the day, like infrastructure and education. And while that might sound flashy, Labor can do you one better - actual legislative results, passed months and years before the DA even existed!

Take infrastructure, for example. The DA thinks that the people of Utah want to spend their hard-earned money rail across the southern Utah desert - and across Zion National Park. And they want you to think that they're the only party with unique ideas about infrastructure. But that couldn't be further from the truth. On the campaign trail, Labor has consistently backed smart, effective infrastructure investment, whether it's fixing the roads or extending light rail down to Provo - providing folks here in Sandy with historically easy access to Utah County and the southern Wasatch Front - here in Utah. And we've got the legislative chops to back our words up. For Pete's sake, I wrote the bill that provided Utah with the funding for important public transportation projects like expanding light rail and electrifying the FrontRunner! And, the Public Transportation and Connections Act also offers communities the ability to request funding for their own public transportation projects, directly from Fremont's bountiful surplus! The contrast is clear, folks - Labor is the party that has actually delivered on promises for better infrastructure, and the DA's attempts to co-opt our accomplishments with empty platitudes and increasingly outlandish plans will not, can not succeed.

And education? The 'broken Utah', 'oversized classes', and 'underfunded schools' they inveigh against have already been targeted by comprehensive, Labor-written legislation. Under the Horace Mann Public Education Act, we slashed class sizes, sent relief to struggling schools, and incentivized teaching careers - years before the DA even formed! And, we have kept up the momentum, working on curriculum reform, a school equity fund to give every student the support they need, improved benefits for teachers, and so much more. It is Labor, not DA, that has shown a fierce, consistent commitment to students and teachers alike. And it is Labor, not DA, that you can count on to continue delivering on education for the people of Utah, whether it's furthering the lofty goal of ensuring equality of opportunity in education up and down the Beehive State, continuing to refine and improve curriculums and educational resources, or supporting valuable arts programs that can bring out the best of students. Working families can trust Labor to provide the best possible education for their children - after all, it's what we've been doing far before the DA began peddling their platitude-laden 'plans' for education.

But to keep Labor - the party of consistent legislative action - in office, we're going to need your support. We're going to need to head to the polls and send a message that Utah does not want vague, out-of-touch neoliberal government. That Utah believes progress matters over platitudes. And that Utah supports a New Great Society so every Utahn can advance into a new era of prosperity, together, under a government of, for, and by the people. It's absolutely critical that everyone who can get to the polls by tomorrow, and that's why Labor's working with community voting organizations here in Utah. If you need to register to vote, or have trouble finding your ballot or getting to a polling place or drop-box, they'll be happy to help - just speak with the friendly guys in the red shirts over there after this event, or call the hotline 1-800-UTAH-VOTE if you're watching from home. 

Thank you, West Jordan. Let's vote overwhelmingly for Amanda Young and a Labor government, and get better from COVID together!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #536 on: May 25, 2021, 12:13:57 PM »

Sandy, Utah
limited-capacity event; masks mandatory for unvaccinated attendees, optional for those with proof of vaccination - livestreamed on UT Labor Website

Howdy, Sandy!

Sandy is a big city with big plans - a 25-year master plan to completely revitalize and expand this great community. And Labor is ready to give y'all a hand, and help advance Sandy and the Wasatch Front into a new, sustainable era of green energy, unparalleled connectivity, and wealth for all, not just the few. It's past time for big talk and vague platitude-laden 'plans' - it's time for concrete government action and support to make our bold, ambitious plan for Utah reality!

It starts with energy - the literal power behind the redevelopment we are hoping will transform Sandy into an example of idyllic, sustainable living for all the nation to follow. As we advance into an increasingly uncertain time, it's important that we focus on renewable energy and environmental friendliness in future business and residential growth. And Labor has - and will continue - to provide the resources and the legislation necessary to advance clean energy development here in Sandy. Under the Green Futures Act, we crafted the revolutionary Solar Loans program - making it easier to get a personal solar panel setup, and the resulting relief for your energy bill, than anywhere else in the nation. Labor will pay for your solar panel installation with a zero-interest loan, and if you don't have the means to pay, we'll ensure that you only have to pay what you can. And, we've been constantly committed to continued research - cooperation between communities, research institutions, and private enterprise - to refine renewable energy technology, increase its viability, and build new solar, wind, geothermal, and other clean energy plants across the state to get Utah off fossil fuels. These projects have immense potential - making small-town Utah energy self-sufficient quickly, while powering more and more of Utah's big cities as concerted development continues. And, we're going to take a long look at nuclear energy, consulting with communities and the best nuclear safety technicians available. While it might not be for everyone, it has unparalleled potential to provide vast amounts of energy with very little emissions and without contributing to fossil fuel depletion. And regardless of the clean energy solution, you can trust Labor to work with y'all here in Sandy to provide a steady supply of fossil fuel-free power to advance your bold vision for the future.

And, you can count on Labor support for your infrastructure projects. Utah Labor will not hesitate to request financial support from Fremont to build the Sandy-South Jordan link (to connect Sandy quickly and reliably to the FrontRunner network), and we're going to work with community members and the UTA to develop a great transit plan to link Sandy's various neighborhoods together. We're not going to sink money into badly-conceived, out-of-touch rail proposals linking 4,000-person towns that have never even thought of - and would never want - rail connections. No, we're going to invest smart, in projects that folks will actually use and reduce emissions in the process. And, unlike DA, we're not going to neglect other issues just to push a quixotic, expensive, and frankly excessive pork barrel rail programme.

So, folks, let's build back better, together. Let's elect a government to Salt Lake City that will spend willingly to help develop and revitalize Wasatch Front communities like Sandy, while also spending responsibly and with an eye to the future. Let's vote for the Labor Party, who have delivered on bold legislative promises for the people of Utah since before the DA ever existed!

And now, I'd like to introduce Sandy's candidate for the State House, Morgan Witherspoon. A proud mom and dedicated community advocate, she's been an active member of the Jordan High School PTA and helped provide input for Sandy's bold 2017 master plan. She's excited to head to Salt Lake City and advocate for smart infrastructure solutions and sustained investment in growing communities up and down the state. Her election will be crucial in securing a government of, for, and by the people here in Utah, and I urge you to give her your vote!

Thank you, Sandy! Be well, and vote Amanda Young for Governor and your Labor candidates for State House!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #537 on: May 25, 2021, 01:08:06 PM »

West Valley City, Utah

Good day, West Valley City!

There is talk, and there is action. We've seen that contrast throughout this election cycle, whether it's here in Utah or out east. But when that talk crosses over into outright dishonesty, we have a problem.

Just the other day, the DA came here and claimed that Labor isn't doing enough for schools - which is big talk (albeit predictable) for a party that until recently was a single-issue train party. And frankly, I hope this was a statement made out of ignorance for the situation here in Utah - as otherwise, it would be one of the most blatant lies told by a party this entire cycle!

Their surrogates have claimed that Labor hasn't done enough for students and schools - but nothing could be further for the truth. Labor has been a consistent fighter for the public education system here in Fremont before the DA even existed! We passed a comprehensive education act delivering funding to struggling schools and slashing class sizes to a 20:1 ratio years ago, and by reforming curriculums, incentivizing teaching, fighting for teaching unions, improving licensing requirements, and delivering better educational resources and supplies to schools in need, we've been constantly working to improve public education. When COVID first sent our schools online, we in Fremont Parliament acted quickly and decisively to get districts the resources they needed for inclusive, equitable online learning.
And now, as the pandemic closes, we're going to work with communities and school districts to bring children back into the classroom, and ensure the year of lost in-person learning doesn't have lasting effects. Sure, the DA can claim all they want that they will do this too - but who do you trust more with this important duty to our students and our working families? The party with a proven record of fighting for public education? Or the neoliberal, out-of-touch party that has attempted to claim our sterling education record for themselves, putting talk over action and platitudes over progress?

And, we haven't just been fighting for better primary and secondary education. We passed the landmark Higher Education Reform Act, making the possibility of a rigorous college education available to all Fremonters, regardless of their income. We've thrown out private for-profit testing, and we're ensuring that every public university in Fremont offers the same educational opportunities and excellent education as some of this region's finest public institutions. We're going to make the public university system here in Utah one of the finest in the world - and we're going to make access to it a guarantee, not a privilege. And, we've been fighting for working families beyond the issue of education. Whether it's improving renewable energy, making smart investments in new infrastructure projects, fighting for union rights, or caring for rural and urban communities alike, y'all can trust Labor to govern for the people, not neoliberal Wall Street special interests.

So, West Valley City, let's reject DA lies and dishonestly. Let's not elect a government to Salt Lake City that is profoundly out-of-touch, unfamiliar with the interests of Utah's communities, and willing to deceive its constituents by claiming accomplishments that are not theirs to tout. No! Let's send a message that Utah supports Labor governance of, for and by the people. Labor governance with a proven record of success and community involvement. Labor governance that has zero tolerance for corruption, even when it comes from a rogue force within. Let's elect Amanda Young and a Labor statehouse majority, a government you can count on to deliver for you and your family!

Thank you, West Valley City! Be well, and get out and vote Labor up and down the ballot!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #538 on: May 25, 2021, 01:34:13 PM »

San Antonio, Texas
limited-capacity event; masks mandatory for unvaccinated attendees, optional for those with proof of vaccination - livestreamed on TX Labor Website

Hello, San Antonio!

Well, folks, we thought our main foe in this election were the Rich Man Federalists who obstructed our agenda and fiddled while Texas froze. But now, it seems their partners in obstructionist crime - the Democratic Alliance - are trying to make a play of their own for Texas!

And it's absolutely crucial that we send them packing and secure a working Labor majority in the State Capitol this election. Because we saw the consequences of what happened when the Federalists and the DA worked together to sink our agenda last term. They may talk the talk, but the only party in Texas that y'all can trust to walk the walk and deliver a victory for working families is Labor. Platitudes about a 'happy medium' are all good and fun, but when DA collaboration with Rich Man Federalists leaves thousands of Texans in the dark it is no longer a joke.

The DA claims to be an independent body, but here in Texas and across the nation, they've been essentially a Federalist puppet. They share a House slate, an irrational hate for Labor, and in Texas, a desire to block Labor progress then turn around and claim political points for it.

When we came to power here in the Lone Star State, we hoped the DA would work with us to deliver for the working families of Texas - whether on infrastructure, COVID relief, energy, or many other issues. Together, we could have formed a working majority in the statehouse. But, instead, they chose to become a stooge of the Rich Man Federalists, working with them to leave the State Capitol in deadlock and Texas in the dark. They can claim to support progress in Texas, but let's be real - it's Labor that has presented Texas with a bold, ambitious plan to build back better and lead this state into a bright future. It is the DA that has blocked our plans, and now hopes to turn around and claim them for themselves. It is Labor that hoped to fix Texas's energy grid and launch a bold expansion of renewable energy resources across the state. It is the DA that joined with the Federalists to block this effort, and it is the DA that now hopes to use this event of their own making to score political points and continue blocking the Labor agenda in Austin.

So, San Antonio, we've got to stop this. We can't elect a posse of two-faced liars and Federalist puppets to the statehouse. It remains imperative that we re-elect Governor Bryant and elect a Labor majority in the State House and State Senate. We must deliver a roundhouse blow to the obstructionist forces who are pro-status quo and pro-Wall Street special interests, and deliver a majority to the party with a proven legislative record and a desire to cater to local interests, rather then have a rigid national platform with no room for dissent. Let's send the Federalists and DA packing, and give us an opportunity to really get down to work for you, the working families of Texas!

And now, I'd like to welcome the man of the hour, Governor Ramsey Bryant, to the stage!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #539 on: May 25, 2021, 01:58:08 PM »

Midland, Texas
limited-capacity event; masks mandatory for unvaccinated attendees, optional for those with proof of vaccination - livestreamed on TX Labor Website

Good day, Midland!

We've organized. We've collaborated. We've worked across the state, campaigning up and down Texas to spread our message for progress and working families. And now, we're in the final days of this election cycle, working to seal the deal and elect a government for and by the people here in the Lone Star State!

And it's more important than ever, when many voters are filling out their ballots, to correct falsehoods and get the facts straight for the people of Texas. Because, once again, the Dishonest Alliance is back at it with lies misconstruing our statements and our record, trying to con you into voting for them - and another term of Fed-DA obstructionism. And apparently, they do not understand that the Texas Labor campaign is NOT the Utah Labor campaign! Some context - in Utah, which is in Fremont, the DA has been running on a bevy of education issues like shrinking class sizes and increasing school funding. But, Labor passed regional legislation in Fremont addressing these issues years before DA even existed!  And now, they're coming into Texas, in the South, to claim that we're ignoring their concerns. Excuse me, but what? Obviously, the situation in the Lone Star State is very different, and unlike DA, Labor isn't a national monolith with every state party the same. And we take object to the idea that Labor doesn't care for working communities. In fact, it is the DA that draws up all of its proposals in a shady South Carolina boardroom, drawing expensive train lines over hundreds of miles of desert while folks 'served' by pork barrel rail suffer from power outages and struggle to keep their families fed. Unlike Labor, who's outlined a comprehensive policy plan, a New Great Society, for Texas that will both serve the people and turn the state towards a prosperous future, the DA prefers instead to deceive voters with vague platitudes and gross mischaracterizations. Labor will care for Texas's working families - our living wage, rural broadband, social security expansion, and other progressive initiatives show this. DA will join with the Federalists to leave them out to dry - or, let me put it better, to freeze in the next winter storm.

In this trying era, vague platitudes are not enough. You can't claim to support 'progressivism and moderation' then turn around and block the entire Labor agenda. You can't claim to support working families and their communities, then spend their hard-earned money on pork barrel rail projects across hundreds of miles of Texas desert. And, Midland, you can't afford to send any more of these two-faced Federalist puppets to Austin. No! We must elect a strong, principled Labor majority to the statehouse, and transition from an era of obstructionism to an era of progress.

And, if y'all want a strong leader, don't look to the party that has never hesitated to bow to the Federalist will, whether it's here in Austin or in national elections. Don't look to the party that tries to steal Labor policy during the campaign but helps the Federalists kill it when all the ballots are in. No, look to the party of Sestak, Pericles, and MB, who have led Atlasia through the COVID pandemic and are now presiding over the successful mass distribution of vaccines. Look to the party of Ramsey Bryant, who has fought desperately every day against Fed-DA obstructionism so Texas can finally reap the rewards of Labor policy, our New Great Society. Look to the party of the common man, the everyday hero, the working folks that built our modern society from the ground up. Look to Labor and our bold, people-powered agenda, to deliver the leadership Texas needs in this new decade!

Thank you, Midland! Time is short, so join our movement at the polls and cast your ballot for Governor Bryant and a Labor legislative majority! Let's get things done in the Lone Star State!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #540 on: May 25, 2021, 02:39:19 PM »

Labor Ad: Obey
airing high-intensity in Texas media markets

pan to a fat Monopoly man with a Federalist pin, sitting in a lavish, well-lit living room. On his lap sits a dog with a DA bandana

Monopoly Man: Sit!

the dog sits

Monopoly Man: Stay!

the dog stays. The Monopoly man walks to the window, revealing a terrible snowstorm raging outside. Outside, a man in a red T-Shirt (obviously freezing from the cold), lugs a flat of water bottles labelled "Labor relief" along the snow-covered street

Monopoly Man: Wonderful! Free chilled beverages!

He calls the dog to attention. Cut to the Monopoly Man (now wearing a luxurious parka) and the dog outside, arguing heatedly with the red-shirt man

Red-Shirt Man: ... I need this water for my family! We're freezing to death, and we're out of wat-

Monopoly Man, gesturing to dog: OBSTRUCT!

The DA dog mauls the screaming red-shirt man, tackling him to the freezing street as the Monopoly Man's servants take the flat of water inside to enjoy for themselves. As the Monopoly Man walks back inside, the dog reappears, with a scrap from the man's shirt in tow.

Monopoly Man, patting dog's head: Good boy!

Fade to black

Narrator: Don't vote for the lapdogs of the obstructionist Rich Man Federalists. Vote Labor, for true leadership in Texas.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #541 on: May 25, 2021, 03:04:05 PM »

Cedar City, Utah

I can't tell you how very much I appreciate all of you being here today. I have always been able to depend on the friendship and generosity of the people of Utah, and I see today that generosity is in no short supply.

Our victory in the late general election is a victory for the Labor party and the people of Frémont. It is by this victory that we will continue our efforts to build a New Great Society in the West —a society free from want, built upon the values of integrity, hard work, and commitment to family that all Frémonters share.

I believe that in the next few days we are going to have another victory. On Saturday we are going to elect Amanda Young the next governor of this state! And when we do, we will have proved once and for all that this country belongs to the people, and not to the slick Eastern money-grubbers and the preening perfumed politicians.

I have said from the start of this campaign the people of Utah have a choice in this election between two parties with two fundamentally different ideas of government.

The Labor party is the party of the farmers and the working families of Utah. The Dishonest Alliance is the party of the rich and special interests.

That other fellow does not like me to say that. But when you look at the facts, you will see the truth of what I say.

Truth, incidentally, is not something the Dishonest Alliance are big on.

They say that if you elect them, they will keep class sizes in public schools below thirty. They do not mention that the Labor party has acted years ago to keep class sizes below twenty.

They say that if you elect them, they will cut taxes for working families. They do not mention that the Labor party has eliminated your taxes altogether.

They say that if you elect them, they will lay hundreds of miles of track all over this state. The centerpiece of their plan is a train to nowhere, which they propose to build at the expense to the taxpayer of hundreds of millions of dollars. This is a plan which even the opposition leader in parliament calls "incredibly dumb."

The running theme across all of their television spots and public appearances is the endemic dishonesty which has marked their campaign for the very beginning. Either they have no idea what are the actual conditions in this state, or they are all incurable liars. I will leave it to you to decide which is the worst case.

The Labor party does not deal in promises for the distant future. We deal exclusively in facts.

Just last week we passed the extension of the 2020 farm bill. This bill will pay $100 million to farmers here in Utah and across Frémont to sell to the commonwealth at fair prices the part of their crop they cannot sell at market. By this measure, we will save many hundreds and thousands of farmers from bankruptcy, as we did last year in the heart of the pandemic.

In March we passed the Rural Health Act to spend $2 billion in 2021 to build more hospitals and hire more doctors in rural areas. This will begin to address the rural health crisis which has festered in much of the country for the last several years.

As we speak, our men and women are at work extending the Central Line through to Salt Lake City. Last year we voted to spend $12 billion a year for the support of local infrastructure projects here in Cedar City and across Utah.

All of these expenditures will be paid for with a tax on the wealthiest 10% of Frémonters. No Utahan who earns up to $125,000 a year will owe a cent in income taxes, and no farmer nor the bottom 90% of residential landowners will owe a cent in property taxes.

There is great work to be done in Utah in the next six months. It will require every ounce of discipline and intelligence we can muster.

The question for the voters in this election is whether you would entrust that responsibility to the party that has kept every promise it has ever made to you, that has done battle every day for the farmers and the working families of Utah —or to the party that tells lie after lie, whose leaders have no idea what is going on in this state, and that is run by and for the Eastern elites without consideration for the needs of actual Utahans.

The people of Utah are an intelligent people. I believe that you are going to make the right choice.

On Saturday you are going to elect Amanda Young the next governor of this state. And you are going to elect a Labor majority in the legislature!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #542 on: May 25, 2021, 03:28:53 PM »

Parowan, Utah

The people of Utah have a choice in this election. It is a choice between two parties with two fundamentally different ideas of government.

The Labor party is the party of the farmers and the working families of Utah. We are the party of the small towns and rural areas, and we are the party of family values.

We believe that the great wealth of this country should be shared by the people who work to create it. That is why we passed the local living wage, and it is why we have voted again and again to take power away from the big corporations and give it back to the people. This is what we call the New Great Society.

We believe that the rural areas of this country should not be neglected in favor of big cities on the East coast. That is why we passed the Rural Health Act to hire more doctors and build more hospitals in rural areas. It is why we voted to expand rural broadband internet service, and why we voted to give more money to rural schools, more money to rural roads and bridges, more money to rural small businesses and small farmers.

Today Utahans enjoy the highest standard of living of anyone anywhere in the country. You earn the highest wages and work the shortest hours. You have among the highest rates of internet access, even in out-of-the-way places. You have the best-funded schools, and the lowest taxes of any region in Atlasia.

So when I say Labor is the party of working families, I am not making promises for the distant future. I am talking about facts.

There is great work to be done in the next six months. It will require every ounce of commitment and intelligence we have to do it.

We are going to reopen the economy. It is already happening as we speak. We are going to get our children back to school, and we are going to build back stronger than ever before.

The people of Utah are an intelligent people. They understand the situation we are in. They know that the leadership we need to achieve peace and prosperity in the next decade has only ever come from the Labor party.

I believe on Saturday you are going to vote for the party who has always been on the side of the working families of Utah.

I believe you are going to elect Amanda Young the next governor of this state. And you are going to elect a Labor majority along with her in the legislature!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #543 on: May 25, 2021, 03:55:07 PM »

Beaver, Utah

The people of Utah have a choice in this election. It is a choice between two parties with two fundamentally different ideas of government.

An excellent example of this difference is our respective records on public education.

Four years ago, the Labor party passed the Mann Act in this region to increase teacher pay and increase funding for essential school services. Included in this act was a provision to cap the student-to-teacher ratio at or below twenty-to-one.

To achieve this, we spent $300 billion in the first year and $150 billion every year since in order to ensure a sufficient number of teachers at fair wages to accommodate these small class sizes.

Last week the Dishonest Alliance proposed their own plan. They said that if the people of Utah vote for them on Saturday, they will set the teacher-to-student ratio at thirty-to-one.

Not only is this plan profoundly unambitious, it is a large step backwards from the policy which the Labor party enacted four years ago.

The Dishonest Alliance plan would, in effect, increase the number of students in each classroom by a factor of ten. This would mean fewer teachers and less individual instruction time for students in every classroom in Utah.

The Dishonest Alliance leaders were swiftly informed of this fact. Yet still they continue to campaign on passing their thirty-to-one plan.

We are left with no alternative but to assume that the Dishonest Alliance know the implications of their proposal, and are campaigning specifically on increasing the student-to-teacher ratio.

It is either that, or their leaders are so ignorant they do not know the facts of the situation even when they are stated to them in plain English. I will leave it to you to determine which is the worse alternative.

The Labor party is campaigning on facts. The Dishonest Alliance are campaigning on fictions that, if they were elected, would create the very problems they say they are trying to solve.

The people of Utah are an intelligent people. I believe they are coming to understand the situation, and after Saturday I will not have to say anything more about voting the Labor ticket.

That is because you are going to elect Amanda Young the next governor of this state! And you are going to elect a Labor majority along with her in the legislature!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #544 on: May 25, 2021, 04:26:58 PM »

To run in Utah until the election.

Ad: "Numbers"

INT. GYM – DAY

FADE IN on the interior an elementary school gym, where a class of fourth-graders are standing in a circle. One of the students holds a red rubber BALL. At the sound of a whistle, he throws the ball to the student opposite him, who catches it, shouts "One!," and throws it to the next student, who shouts "Two!," and so on, up to "Nineteen!"

The last student, who is somewhat smaller in stature than the others, begins to shout "Twenty!" but fumbles the ball and drops it. The whistle sounds again.

TEACHER
All right, guys, take five. Get some water.

The group breaks up, except for Number Twenty, who stays put. The TEACHER approaches him and gets down on his level. There is a familiarity between them: we feel that they have spoken about this before.

TEACHER
Don't worry about it, buddy. You'll get the hang of it.

TWENTY
I always drop it. Always.

TEACHER
You just need to practice. Want to try again?

The student nods. The TEACHER picks up the ball and steps back a few paces.

TEACHER
Ready?

He throws the ball to TWENTY, who catches it for the first time. His face lights up. At that exact moment, the gym doors fly open, and a man in a trim suit with a clipboard walks into the gym.

BUREAUCRAT
Congratulations, Brigham Young Elementary! By act of the DA government, a thirty-student cap is now in effect for all classrooms in Utah.

TEACHER
My class has twenty students.

BUREAUCRAT (concerned)
Yes, we noticed that. Not to worry! The governor has agreed to add students to your class you get you up to quota.

TEACHER
But isn't the point to ...

Ten more students storm into the gym, knocking the others out of their way. There aren't enough supplies to go around: one of them knocks the ball out of TWENTY's hands and tosses it to his compatriot. One of them shouts to the TEACHER

NEW STUDENT
Hey, Mr. B!

TEACHER
Sam? Aren't you in Mrs. Harper's class?

BUREAUCRAT
Oh, Mrs. Harper doesn't work here anymore. With these new class sizes, we don't need so many teachers.

The new students are now pelting TWENTY with balls they took from the original class.

BUREAUCRAT
Isn't this better?

At that moment, the BUREAUCRAT is hit in the head by a flying dodgeball. He turns on his heel, swearing.

BUREAUCRAT
Those ungrateful little ... !

TEACHER
Don't blame me, I voted for Labor.

As the gym descends into chaos, we cut to black.

Text appears on the screen.

VOTE FOR AMANDA YOUNG ON MAY 29
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #545 on: May 25, 2021, 04:42:59 PM »

Labor Ad: Together
airing high-intensity in all states over election

Pan to beautiful mountain landscape, with two masked travelers and their child climbing a winding trail amid a stunning sunset backdrop. 

Narrator: COVID challenged us all, an unprecedented disruption in all our livelihoods - regardless of wealth, education, or walk in life.

The child trips suddenly on a bramble, but the parents pull him up, comfort him, then keep walking.

Narrator: The lockdowns and endless online classes and work were difficult for many of us. But together, we masked up, stayed safe, and we persevered.

He (the child) then points excitedly at a guidance sign showing Labor accomplishments on COVID (science-based response, relief for all, protections for workers, support for small business, world leader in vaccinations), as the parents look on and smile.

Narrator: Strong, principled Labor leadership helped guide us through this crisis, responding quickly and surgically to the challenges COVID presented while continuing to advance a progressive, people-powered agenda.

The child runs ahead to a sign labelled "New Great Society", a trail leading to the summit of a hill. The parents look at each other, then nod and follow.

Narrator: And as we at last recover and open up society again, let's stick with proven leadership. Let's make a New Great Society - with equal access to vast, bountiful opportunity - a reality.

The family reaches the summit. As the child excitedly runs around, the parents take off their masks, smile, and embrace.

Narrator: For the sake of working families, let's build back better together.

Cut to Labor logo

Narrator: Vote Labor this May.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #546 on: May 25, 2021, 04:45:23 PM »

To run in Utah until the election.

Ad: "Joe"

Open on JOSEPH TAYLOR, a voter in his sixties from Milford, Utah, in the driver's seat of his Ford pickup.

TAYLOR
I've been a conservative just about as long as I can remember. Dad always used to say it was up to us to provide for our families and pull ourselves up by our bootstraps, and that's the way I've tried to live.

I always used to vote the Federalist ticket ... but when the Labor party got into government here, everything started to get better. You got the roads are being repaved —used to hit potholes 'bout every twenty feet on this road —we've been driving for thirty minutes, haven't hit one. (laughs)

The schools are better: my grandson is in a class with eighteen other kids. ... The hospital is going to reopen ... we don't have to drive down to Cedar City just to see the doctor.

I think the reason I started voting for Labor is, they care about these communities. They care about the people here. They don't talk about doing things: they do it!

My name is Joe Taylor, I live in Milford, Utah, and I'm voting for Amanda Young for governor.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #547 on: May 25, 2021, 05:22:05 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2021, 05:27:26 PM by VP OBD »

NBC Interview
Vice President OBD made an appearance on NBC to talk about the closing days of the election and his experiences on the campaign trail. Streamed live on all state Labor websites!

Anchor: Hello, Mr. Vice President. Great to have you hear today.

VP OBD: Thank you.

Anchor: So obviously it's been an extremely competitive election cycle, and it's gotten down and dirty for sure.

VP OBD: Yup.

Anchor: So, what's your experience been like managing so many - very different campaigns?

VP OBD: Well, it's been a great experience, and it reminds me about what's so great about being Labor's Chair. Talking to different state parties and different folks across the country has been a joy, and I've gotten to meet lots of folks with a vast amount of unique ideas to make their communities - and their states - better. One of Labor's best qualities is the ideological diversity present within it - it allows us to cater to all of our constituents without each party being regulated by an oppressive, all-encroaching national party line. We've been able to really care for folks, whether it's in San Francisco or Salina, Utah, and keep in touch with local communities to better represent our constituents in their respective State Capitols. Though on the other side of the flip coin, this holistic approach can be taken advantage of by other parties to misconstrue our statements - but here in Labor, we put better representing our constituents then hamfistedly advancing a single issue nationwide, and we're going to keep doing it no matter how much flak we take for it.

Anchor: There was recently a controversial ad aired in Texas that your opponents criticized. Do you have any thoughts to offer on that?

VP OBD: Well, I did use dogs to depict the DA, but in retrospect, I do need to make an apology. An apology to the dogs.

laughter

VP OBD: I mean, take a look at the facts. Outside of a brief period of cooperation with us in March, the DA has not hesitated to side with the Federalists on virtually every issue. They have shared a presidential nominee with the Feds since their inception. They have shared a House slate. And when DA was offered a choice to work with Labor for the people of Texas or obstruct our popular agenda with the Federalists, they chose the Federalists and left to fiddle while Texas froze. And y'all know I call it as I see it! I mean, I do have regrets about that ad - comparing the DA to lapdogs is an insult to lapdogs. At least lapdogs don't lie this much - I mean come on. You can't repeatedly slander Laborites and Labor policies then turn around and claim persecution - and the moral high ground - when we hit back with the truth! And if they once again keep Labor from a legislative majority in Texas, I'd bet they'd continue working with the Federalists to stall the government, then turn around and blame Labor for inaction! It's a nightmare scenario that I, Governor Bryant, and the rest of Texas Labor want to avoid, and it's why we've emphasized the importance of legislative elections so much in our tour of Texas.

Anchor: Alright, last question, then I'll leave you to continue campaigning. You've travelled across the country canvassing for Labor candidates. What does it mean to you, and, frankly, how tired are you after this whole experience? (*laughter*)

VP OBD: laughs. Well, it means a lot to me. We're hoping to bring our progressive, people-first vision to as much of Atlasia as possible, and to do that, it takes a strong, grassroots campaign effort from start to finish. As Labor Chair, I've been eager to do my duty and help organize a lot of those campaigns, and I've been grateful to so many good Laborites - Scott, FalterinArc, Sev, and First Minister Truman out west, and S019 and KaiserDave out east - who have joined me in these efforts. Unfortunately, this cycle, the other side's frequently slandered our record and lied about our statements to voters's faces, so we've been working hard up and down the country to set the record straight. And I can tell ya, man, we're going to keep working until the moment the polls close. At this point, sleep is just as much a stranger to me as a DA campaign surrogate telling the truth about Labor's record!

Anchor: Heh. Well, thanks for speaking with us today. We wish you all the best on the campaign trail.

VP OBD: The pleasure's all mine.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #548 on: May 25, 2021, 05:32:55 PM »

Richfield, Utah

The people of Utah have a choice in this election. It is a choice between two parties with two very different ideas of government.

The Labor party is the party of the farmers and the working families of Utah. We reject the model of government that is practiced in the East where all of the power of the state is concentrated in the hands of a few bureaucrats locked away in a boardroom on the other side of the country. We believe in giving power back to the people. We believe in democracy, citizen government, and home rule.

I will tell you what I mean.

Last year the Labor Congress passed the Red-Green New Deal to fight the effects of climate change by creating hundreds and thousands of jobs here in Utah and across this country.

A decision had to be made whether the wealth that will be created by this new green economy will be shared by everyone, or concentrated in the boardrooms of the big cities in the East: in short, whether the energy revolution ought to benefit all the people, or only a privileged few.

Some time before, your government had created the Frémont Energy Authority to craft our energy policy for the benefit of all the people. Essential to this idea of the FEA was the inclusion of local representation, to ensure that this new agency is responsive to you and your communities.

The Labor party does not just talk about rural representation. We actually take steps to make it a reality.

So in the case of the rural health crisis. In March, my government introduced a bill to spend $2 billion in 2021 to build more hospitals and hire more doctors in rural areas across Frémont. This bill passed with the unanimous support of the Labor party and the leftist independents. It did not receive a single vote from any of the Dishonest Alliance members.

The Dishonest Alliance campaigned in February on solving the rural health crisis. But when the opportunity arose, they did not even show up to vote!

They were nowhere to be found last year when Labor proposed its plan to invest in rural infrastructure all across Utah. To compensate they have recently proposed their own plan, the centerpiece of which is to build a train to nowhere. Nobody in Utah asked for such a pointless expenditure, and the opposition leader in Denver has called it "incredibly dumb."

In all three cases you have one party, the Labor party, who listens to rural communities and takes real action to include them in the governing process. And you have another party who make great claims to care for rural communities, but squander every opportunity to do something about it.

The people of Utah are an intelligent people. And they are not so easily taken in.

I believe on Saturday you are going to have a surprise for the pundits who are predicting an opposition victory.

I believe you are going to elect Amanda Young the next governor of this state! And you are going to elect a Labor majority along with her in the legislature!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #549 on: May 25, 2021, 06:42:49 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2021, 06:58:49 PM by Scott🦋 »

Interview: The Joe Rogan Experience
To be aired on Joe Rogan's podcast and YouTube channel

OPENING AD

JOE ROGAN: Are you a guy? Do you have testicles? Well, now you can shave those testicles with Manscaped™. No nicks, no itch, no bullsh!t. Enter promo code ROGAN69 for a 25% discount. Now, on to the show.

INTERVIEW (brief clip)

SCOTT: Am I on the air?

ROGAN: Uhh... yes!

SCOTT: Great.

ROGAN: So today we're here with former Vice President, Scott, who's campaigning on behalf of the Labor Party in this month's state elections.

SCOTT: Indeed, Joe. We're spreading our message in every conceivable way in every state we've been contesting.

ROGAN: And I understand things have been looking up for your party. You recently flipped my home state of New Jersey.

SCOTT: Yes, yes we did. And I think that sent a clear message about which party has the record, which party has the accomplishments, why we're in this, and how we've been able to make progress, particularly here in Frémont. We in Labor try to assume the best, but we genuinely can't tell if our opponents in the Democratic Alliance either fundamentally misunderstand how taxation works in Frémont, or they do know that we eliminated triple taxation, that 90% of Frémonters don't pay a dime in taxes to Denver while taxation is already nonexistent for the states and localities. But they weren't there for that, so we're nipping those lies in the bud for the good of the Atlasian people, particularly for the region where Labor has addressed issues like education and transportation infrastructure head-on.

ROGAN: I see. So you're running, like, a de-misinformation campaign.

SCOTT: Yes, Joe. Precisely.

ROGAN: So I know you guys have been touting your vaccine roll-out in Denver. But, I mean I'm not anti-vax, I believe they're safe and encourage people to get them, but do the young and heathy really need these vaccines?

SCOTT: Joe, we want everyone getting vaccines. As we've rapidly increased access from those most at risk to young adults like me, the COVID vaccines are the only way for us to achieve proper herd immunity and return to a state of normalcy. No masks, no social distancing, businesses operating at full-capacity... the people of this country have reason to be optimistic for Labor's efforts. But yes, we do want everyone to get vaccinated. This virus hasn't just affected the very elderly or those with weak immune systems.

ROGAN: I see, I see. You ever try DMT?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies