Labor NPC Campaigns thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:57:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor NPC Campaigns thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 25
Author Topic: Labor NPC Campaigns thread  (Read 25184 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: May 09, 2021, 07:06:51 AM »
« edited: May 10, 2021, 04:44:08 AM by Speak No Evil for one month »

Whitefish, Montana1
socially-distanced, masks-mandatory event, livestreamed on MT Labor website

Good morning and a fine howdy to the people of WHITEFISH!

You know, it's such a honor to be here alongside one of the hardest working governors I've come to know. But when Budd first ran last year, I had not a doubt in my mind that this was a man who was ready to work for Montana.

And I must say, I love coming to small towns and cities like Whitefish with guys like Budd. The opposition in Helena has cynically painted the Governor as a man lacking the temperament to hold the office that he does. But we all know this is a desperate attempt to shield from the real accomplishments of the Fudrucker administration, from environmental protection to job growth to protection of civil liberties and the Bill of Rights - every last word of it.

That's right, Montana. Governor Fudrucker and Labor leadership is dedicated to protecting your right to free speech and your right to bear arms. These rights we celebrate, particularly the right to pursue success and happiness in the greatest country on earth, are Labor values.

We are also a small, albeit rapidly growing, state. And with that comes the common trust of the people of Montana. You know that in Montana it is not uncommon to walk into an establishment or a walk in the park and notice multiple people armed. And yet, Montana has coordinated a strategy to track illegally sold guns and crack down on violent criminals who attempt to obtain them.

That was not a partisan initiative. And it showed that even in a state like Montana, where gun rights are held near and dear, real, constructive, consensus-based reform is possible to keep the guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens and no one else.

It's as simple as this: we are FOR the law-abiding gun owners of this state against those who disobey the law, who ignore the law, who do not use guns for sport or for hunting or for safety, but for terrorizing neighborhoods and robbing defenseless people.

No doubt, Budd Fudrucker has been an effective governor who understands Montana. He understands the working man. And while he may not be a polished politician, Budd's election was a victory for the common people. For the people who want a governor that tells them how it is. For a governor who is decisive. For a governor who's not politically correct.

And we want to send him back to Helena with a fully unified government in the legislator. We have a majority in the House, yet we are inches away from claiming full control of the Montana State Senate.

This is where your mayor, Steve Crawford, comes in. He's running for State Senate to claim the chamber for the people, so that Governor Fudrucker might build on his achievements and work with a more efficient legislature that shares the same priorities and values of the working men and women throughout Montana.

Dave bless you, Whitefish! This will not be my last stop, but I'm urging you all to vote Labor up and down the ballot. Otherwise you guys are gonna force me to come back in June and knock some sense back into ya's!

And now, ladies and gentlemen, your Governor of the great State of Montana, Budd Fudrucker!

1. https://crownofthecontinent.net/entries/whitefish-montana/9121ddac-e564-4826-9d0c-8b0344440ad4 (Chuck Haney)
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #426 on: May 09, 2021, 08:15:14 AM »
« Edited: May 10, 2021, 04:41:11 AM by Speak No Evil for one month »

Dallas, Texas1
socially-distanced, masks-mandatory event, livestreamed on TX Labor website

Folks,

We are now officially in the second week of the campaign season, and still the Federalists have yet to name a candidate for governor and introduce them as someone who will be a citizen-governor with a record of getting things done.

While I respect my friends in the Federalist Party, they have simply do not know the people of the largest state the South; that is, the South, the party which Federalist and conservative politicians have had a stranglehold on for the better part of the last two decades.

I believe that Labor does understand the average Texan better than the Federalists, simply because so many Labor surrogates, particularly the Vice President and myself, have been visiting all the major population areas of Texas and then some. And we continue to reach out to rural voters. Texas Labor is taking no district or office for granted, and we strive to earn every vote we get. Rural voters must be a part of that coalition, as well as Latino Atlasians, Black Atlasians, LGBT Atlasians, young Atlasians - the people whom the Reverend Jesse Jackson once called the "Rainbow Coalition".

That is Labor's coalition in Texas, and we seek nothing less than to expand. Texas has had an honest, hardworking governor who swore an oath to do what is in the best interest of Texas, irrespective of whether a past political party or ideology knocked the state on the wrong path.

Alas, sans a candidate with a record and comprehensive plan for Texas, the Federalists have themselves running the "Man with No Name", as some of our Spaghetti Western enthusiasts would recognize.

One could even say it's like arguing with a chair!

But, on a serious note, Texas needs unified leadership in Austin and Texans deserve to know who runs their government. Governor Bryant has been one of the most transparent governors in the country, and he led this state through the power crisis through all means necessary.

But, to harken back to our coalition: when the working class unites together as Texans, when the poor and disenfranchised have a hand up, we cannot lose. And it is us who will work each day to ensure that Texas remains a great state to start a business, to raise a family, to go to work each day with the expectation that the streets will be clean of both troublemakers and rogue police officers.

A Labor-run Texas is a Texas of stability, and without Federalist obstruction we will complete what we set out to do in our first campaign.

Current polls show that Goveror Bryant is a modest favorite for reelection. But remember, when you cast your ballot this month, that he needs more than just your vote - he needs a vote for change in Austin. A change from a gridlocked Austin, to a progressive Austin. To a state that sets the right example in the traditionally conservative South.

The future of the state is in your hands, Dallas. When you vote, vote for the party that is actively trying to roll back the deregulations and privatizations that the opposition has managed to block.

This is a commonsense plan that will benefit all of Texas. All of Texas.

And I must confess that it was tempting for some of us to go to Cancún while the damage evaporated. But we never run from our problems, and as one of my favorite Bruce Springsteen songs says: we take care of our own.

And as the late John McCain famously said: we do not run from history; we make history.

But regardless of who the Federalists nominate, they cannot match Governor Bryant's sterling record of supply food and essential services to Texans - and particularly rural Texans - during the course of the power crisis, and only have a single issue to run on that they so needed to retake power, and obstructed Labor's efforts to adequately address the issue for purely political reasons.

What we are seeing from the Federalist leaders is not real leadership; it's blunt opposition to any policy that has the Labor stamp of approval.

And it's bad for Texas.

Thank you, Dallas.

1. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g28964-Texas-Vacations.html (Trip Advisor)
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #427 on: May 09, 2021, 11:55:01 PM »

Morristown, Vermont1
socially-distanced, masks-mandatory event, livestreamed on VT Labor website

Hello, Morristown!

It's great to have the opportunity to visit these small towns in New England. As someone who was born and raised in a small New England town, I love the forward-thinking culture in what on paper, if you believe what the pundits say, should be a solidly conservative state!

Now Vermont is one of the most progressive states in the country. What it needs now is a Labor governor who reflects the values of Vermonters. And Will Ashe will be that governor.

And it's small towns like Morristown that will elect Will Ashe and a strong Labor majority in both chambers of the legislature.

Today I have with me Dr. Amber Fuller, who teaches Agricultural Sciences at the University of Vermont, and local journalist Dean Jackson. They are running for Senate and House respectively, and as people who were born and raised in this town and region of Vermont, they understand the needs and values of its people.

Dr. Fuller and Mr. Jackson understand that gun rights is important to rural Vermonters. And given recent patterns, it is people in towns like Morristown who will pick the next governor and elect a new legislature. Allow me to state, unequivocally, that Vermont Labor will protect the right to keep and bear arms. And we will also strengthen and enforce already existing laws intended to protect the safety of law-abiding gun owners against people who shouldn't have them. That includes domestic abusers.

We oppose the proposed handgun ban, and we oppose bans on so-called "assault weapons", which is Nyman language that merely refers to guns with a scope and handle. These are guns that, contrary to what some argue, people do use for hunting.

This is Vermont, and this is the way of life in small towns like Morristown.

Labor is on the side of the people! The real people on Main Street, who have benefited from regional and federal Labor policies as we navigate our way through this pandemic and return to a state of normalcy. This is the time to elect a governor who knows you, a governor who will fight for you, and a friendly legislature that will support his initiatives.

My friends, it is my honor to welcome the next Governor of the great state of Vermont, Will Ashe!

1. https://elevation.maplogs.com/poi/morristown_vt_usa.150673.html
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #428 on: May 10, 2021, 01:01:03 AM »
« Edited: May 10, 2021, 02:40:45 AM by Speak No Evil for one month »

St. George, Utah
socially-distanced, masks-mandatory event, livestreamed on UT Labor website

Hello, St. George!

Well, it's been quite a flight in the last day: El Paso to Provo to Montana to Dallas to Vermont, and now back here in Utah.

There's no doubt, in my view and based on what I've seen throughout the country, that infrastructure must be a priority. We have one of the best healthcare systems in the world thanks to Labor and Labor alone. And it's precisely because of those accomplishments that Labor is popular in Frémont.

The issue of transportation has come up in this campaign, and the truth is that contrary to what our opponents have been telling you, Labor passed legislation funding public transportation throughout the Commonwealth. The fundamental difference between Labor and the Democratic Alliance is that the latter supports centralized public transportation, which doesn't allow for any local input, whereas the Labor plan gives these grants to local communities which can cooperate and accommodate for the needs of its citizens.

And the fact of the matter is that your governor has been delivering on transportation. The people know that. That is why this administration is popular, according to recent polls. And it is your governor, Eric Udall, who's expanded public transportation in the state thanks to what Labor accomplished in Denver. We've expanded light rail here thanks to my revitalized Civilian Conservation Corps, which has brought hundreds of construction and infrastructure jobs to Utah.

It is unfortunate that the Democratic Alliance continues to misrepresent our record, or to accuse us of neglecting the states and regions when we take the lion's share of the credit for most of the great reforms passed over the last year. They were wrong to tell the people of Alaska that we did nothing to save Alaska's permanent fund, and they are wrong to tell the people of Utah that they've been left behind.

With that said, I maintain that while I have a positive relationship with most people in the DA, their campaign messages simply do not fit with reality.

Labor does not run on platitudes, it runs on results, and I make no apology for the progress we've made nationally and regionally over the last two years. It is Labor that has demonstrated its ability to effectively govern, and Denver needs a friendly ally in Salt Lake City to continue to work efficiently and build on what we've done in this great state.

And I'm not just saying that because Governor Udall's my cousin!

But he is here with us tonight to speak on his record, and his plans for the next term. Also with us are Anthony Denton, a local public defense attorney who's dedicated his career to fixing the inequalities within the justice system. He will be instrumental in ensuring that our regional reforms, including the Peaceful Streets Act, the Fremont Criminal Justice Reform Act, and the Fremont Safer Policing Act are enforced. It is because of these reforms that claims of police cruelty have dropped to record lows throughout our Commonwealth.

But these laws must be enforced, and Anthony Denton will work every day as your next State Representative to ensure proper oversight.

Tonight I am also joined by Ann Moss, a local teacher who led the call in Utah for higher wages for teachers.

There is no party better for workers' advancements and unions than Labor, and that is why unionization has steadily grown as unions are free to negotiate, whether they work in the private sector or the public sector.

She will be your fighter in the Senate. Make no mistake about it: union workers always have a friend in Labor.

And they certainly have a friend in Governor Udall.

Now before I overstay my welcome, I'm going to pass the mic on to Eric. Thank you for having me. And thank you, Utah, for demonstrating your ways of hospitality in every part of the state.

Thank you, and Dave bless!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #429 on: May 10, 2021, 02:39:55 AM »
« Edited: May 10, 2021, 04:32:05 AM by Speak No Evil for one month »

Ogden, Utah1

How are we doing tonight, Ogden?! Are we fired up?!

[audience cheers]

I can't hear you!

[audience cheers louder]

That's better! You know, Ogden, I entered this year with a sense of optimism. It felt like a personal accomplishment at times just to make it through 2020. But now that we have the vaccines, Labor leaders in Denver and Salt Lake City have overseen a fast and efficient distribution system. That is why we are all able to gather here today. That is why we are able to speak to larger venues, to actually sit down and talk to the people of this great state and hear their concerns, and to take our message to every corner of the state.

It is evident to me that our transition back to a state of normalcy is happening today, with students beginning to return to the classrooms. This is good for students, who learn better in classroom environments and get to see their friends more often. And it's good for parents, especially single parents like one woman I spoke to in Ogden earlier. And she was emphatic about the struggles of taking care of her 8-year-old son while working from home. Still, her job often requires her to come into the office where she works, and she's had to rely on extended family to take care of him.

This woman's story is not uncommon, and it also demonstrates the importance of family values, which are so important to the people of this state.

The Democratic Alliance complains that new schools haven't been built, just as we're finally beginning to reopen the ones we have. But no one in the right mind would prioritize building new schools at a time when conditions are dangerous and ultimately fatal to hundreds of thousands of Atlasians. Only very recently have we been able to finally start looking past the pandemic.

And that is what this campaign is about: moving past the pandemic.

Labor will continue to not only fund schools, but ensure that they are safe in a post-COVID world.

Critics say we are not doing enough, that we are not planning new schools for the state's growing population, we are not investing in infrastructure and public transportation, we are merely sitting on our hands expecting election wins.

But nothing could be further from the truth. And Utahns trust Governor Udall and Labor leadership in Salt Lake City.

Now, I understand that one of the people running DA's campaign in Utah is a self-identified "neoliberal". To which I can only ask you all, has neoliberalism ever helped the common man? Have these policies led to prosperity, or have they only enabled greed and given those not at the top of the economic ladder false hope that they, too, will eventually become millionaires and billionaires?

Make no mistake about it: neoliberalism contributed to the 2008 collapse. It caused investment banks to collapse and left John Q. Taxpayer to foot the bill! It cost us trillions to lift the economy out of that ditch and prevent a double-dip recession or even a depression, and both politicians and most economists acknowledge that the stimulus package passed in '09 wasn't big enough.

So I urge the people of Utah to be wary of those who believe that more Reaganomics is the antidote to our economic woes.

Fremont is the model example of a modern welfare state that works within the budget and pays the bills. It is because of Labor that we are able to fund these programs without the need for a sales tax or European-style VAT.

It is my belief that, thanks to Labor leadership in Nyman and in Denver, we are living in a new New Deal Era, or perhaps more accurately, the New Great Society.

With me are two people who want us to stay the course; two people who want to guarantee excellent healthcare, education, housing, and job opportunities to every Atlasian. Those people are Dwayne Gibbons, an Ogden city council member running for House, and Samuel Lopez, a member of the Udall Administration who is responsible for overseeing the new CCC, which has created hundreds of temporary infrastructure jobs in Utah while the private sector continues to recover.

Thank you for having me, Ogden! Get fired up!

1. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Flights-g57090-o35394-Boise_to_Salt_Lake_City.html
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #430 on: May 10, 2021, 03:42:53 AM »
« Edited: May 10, 2021, 06:26:01 AM by Speak No Evil for one month »

Nephi, Utah1

Greetings, Nephi! What an honor it has been to come visit your city for the first time. Nephi has a population just over 6,000, but Labor wants to share our record and vision for the post-pandemic way of life with small towns and big cities alike.

As most of you know, Nephi was named after the first major figure in the Book of Mormon. There is no denying that the LDS Church has an active presence in this state. And while I come from a different religious tradition, I've certainly come to admire the LDS Church's emphasis on family values and the importance of an active community that looks after its own and welcomes those who want to contribute.

My cousin, your governor, Eric Udall, converted to the LDS faith after he graduated college. He felt a void in his life, a void which only drained him to the point of questioning life itself. But he converted to the LDS faith after he experienced the community spirit that fills the atmosphere of this great state. Some years later, he becomes Mayor of Salt Lake City, and now he leads a state with the healthiest population in the country, the second happiest population in the country, and just barely off the cuff of the ten most educated states in the country.

Utah is a great state, has always been a great state, and under Eric's leadership, will grow as a great state. It's no wonder that a whopping 57% of Utahns approve of Eric and his administration!

My message to Nephi and all Utahns is simple: don't fix what ain't broken.

Instead, let's build on the progress that's been made in Denver and in Salt Lake City. Here I have with me retired bishop, Alma Hansen, who's spent most of his life as a missionary and then as bishop of the local ward on Sheep Lane. He's running for statehouse to build on the Governor's progress in the state and to ensure that small towns have a voice in our government.

Also with me is Brigham Daniel, an active member of the Utah Air National Guard who fought with Atlasia during the Second Korean War. It was an honor for me to have the opportunity to meet Brigham and learn his story, and what he does as an active duty Lieutenant Colonel, as he was officially promoted to this year. Colonel Daniel keenly understands the struggles of active duty and non-active duty vets, and as your next state senator, veterans will always have a partner in him to ensure that those who sacrifice for their country, are properly recognized and cared for by our country.

Thank you, Nephi, and may Dave bless this great land of freedom and opportunity. Out of respect for the troops, I'm going to pass the mic on to Colonel Daniel first.

1. https://jacobbarlow.com/2014/05/21/nephi-utah/#jp-carousel-6471 (Jacob Barlow)
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #431 on: May 10, 2021, 08:50:57 PM »

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
from the desk of the Labor Party Chair

Good evening.

Earlier today, we learned that Governor Eric Udall of Utah was likely guilty of attempting to cover up the deaths of elderly COVID victims through the gross mismanagement of Health Department resources. The Governor did not consult with Fremont regional officials or other state party members about these affairs, and we were all stunned to learn of his misdoings.

I just got off a conference call with Utah Labor Party officials and legislators, as well as First Minister Truman and Fmr. Vice President Scott, and we can say this - Governor Udall's behavior is unacceptable. He has betrayed our trust, and far more importantly, the trust of the people of Utah. His reckless acts directly endangered and misled the constituents he was elected to represent, an unforgivable offense.

His actions are antithetical to the principles of the Labor Party - and that of any legislator who believes in good government, for and by the people.

Today, our party is united in calling on Governor Udall to step down, immediately, and submit to a full criminal investigation led by a bipartisan legislative committee. And, if he refuses to step down, we urge the Utah legislature to pursue impeachment against him. The COVID-19 pandemic is the most serious threat to the public health since the Cold War, and efforts to sweep critical information under the table are unforgivable in these trying times. Additionally, the Utah Labor Party has removed him from our gubernatorial ticket, and is currently debating a much-deserved expulsion motion. State Representative Amanda Young of Brigham City - who worked to develop Utah's concurrent legislation for Denver's vaccine distribution plan - has replaced him as our gubernatorial nominee this May.

As Party Chair, tonight, I am drawing a red line in the sand. Dishonesty to one's constituents - especially in life-or-death matters such as these - will not be tolerated by the Labor Party.

Thank you.

this statement was disseminated through press releases to all major Utah papers, Chair OBD's Twitter account, the Utah Labor state website, and other Labor media outlets
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #432 on: May 10, 2021, 08:53:42 PM »

In a televised address to the people of Utah.

10 May 2021

I condemn in the strongest terms the governor of Utah, Mr. Udall, for his incompetent handling of public records related to the COVID-19 pandemic, and I disavow his administration. I confirm that the decision to withhold vital statistics was made without my knowledge, and had I known I would have immediately instructed the governor to hand over the true numbers. This government does not need to falsify evidence to project strength, and it is an insult to the brave men and women working on the front lines of our pandemic response for the governor to suggest that their achievements are somehow diminished by honesty on the part of his office.

There is no place for such ineptitude and poor judgement in the Labor party, and I call on the governor to immediately resign and withdraw from the election. If he does not, he should be impeached.

Harry S Truman, first minister
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #433 on: May 10, 2021, 08:55:16 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2021, 09:11:27 PM by Speak No Evil for one month »

Statement regarding the reported cover-up of elderly COVID-19 deaths in Utah

I concur with Vice President OBD and First Minister Truman in their condemnation of Governor Udall and call for him to resign or be impeached, and while I realize the awkwardness in my familial ties to the Governor in this light, I solidly affirm that I had no pre-knowledge of this situation and I will cooperate with investigating authorities.

Scott, former Vice President of the Republic of Atlasia
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #434 on: May 10, 2021, 10:42:03 PM »

Once again, I am calling on the Governor to resign and allow Lieutenant Governor Tasha Robards to finish the remainder of his term. Failure to do so within 24 hours will force the hands of the legislative powers, whom as I understand are preparing Articles of Impeachment at this moment.

Regardless of what the Governor does, Labor will be throwing its full support behind State Representative Amanda Young. She is widely expected to be named an impeachment manager if articles pass the Utah House of Representatives, which is likely.

Scott, former Vice President of the Republic of Atlasia
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #435 on: May 11, 2021, 12:09:25 AM »

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
from the desk of the Labor Party Chair

I was disappointed to learn just minutes ago that Governor Udall has refused to resign his post. Accordingly, I am now calling for the immediate initiation of the impeachment process against Governor Udall, and I expect the Fremont and Utah Labor Parties to follow suit shortly.

However, while I expect that the impeachment investigation will confirm the allegations against the Governor, I must also comment on another unsettling occurrence. Impeachment is necessary in this case, but it is no laughing affair -  all sides must respect the gravity of the occasion and must not co-opt this process for petty partisan politics. And sadly, we've already seen one side attempt to use the impeachment process as a political weapon - the Democratic Alliance. Party leaders have falsely claimed that the DA is "leading the charge" in calls for Udall's resignation, when in fact Utahns from across the political spectrum (including Laborites, Liberals, and Federalists) have all demanded that Udall step down with equal fervour - not to mention the man's own cousin, former Vice President Scott. And, while showboating DA representatives have introduced hastily written impeachment articles, Speaker Juliana MacRaven and Labor congressional leadership have prepared for a more detailed, legally airtight case against the Governor, and instead of claiming all the credit for political points, they're moving to appoint an investigative team that includes all parties represented in the Utah Statehouse. Laborites like Amanda Young, Liberals, and Federalists will all take part in prosecuting Governor Udall for his wrongdoings - not just DAers. That justice be served is not the DA interest - it is the Utah interest, and it is counterproductive for them to turn it into a political drama. To the leaders of the DA, I ask - let the Legislature and the soon-to-be-appointed multipartisan investigation committee do its job. Do not turn the grave process of impeachment into a circus.

this statement was disseminated through press releases to all major Utah papers, Chair OBD's Twitter account, the Utah Labor state website, and other Labor media outlets
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #436 on: May 11, 2021, 02:21:07 AM »

Logan, Utah

I thank you all for welcoming me here to-day. It does my heart good to be among honest folk, and I am only sorry I have not had an opportunity to visit you sooner.

I know you are all eager to hear from Amanda, and I promise she will be out in just a bit. But first I would like to say a few words, if you will allow me, on the state of this campaign and the issues which are at stake in this election.

I have come here in person because what I have to say is too important to be transmitted over the airwaves. I would not trust this message to anyone but myself.

Your government in this state is under attack. It is besieged by enemies without and beset by enemies within.

From the first day of my ministry we have declared our purpose to create a people's government in the West.

We in the West are engaged in the greatest human endeavor: to create a society free from want. We will not rest until every man, woman, and child in this commonwealth has the right to live under their own roof and eat bread from their own table.

The enemies of this vision are the enemies of Frémont. They are the blood-suckers and money-grubbers; the corrupt Eastern special interests; the lying, cheating, thieving politicians.

I am sorry to say your governor is one of this last lot. He is one of the worst.

I say that he is no friend of mine, and he is no friend of the Labor party. And we are going to throw him out of office.

Your governor could have been a great man and a great leader. He could have served his state and his party with honor and distinction. But he lost his way. He forgot that the true purpose of government is to serve the people.

When politicians care more about the frills and ceremonies of office than the truth, they are no longer servants of the people. Then it is time to exercise the right which is written into our Declaration of Independence: "to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness."

That is what we are going to do in Utah. We are going to run the crooks and chicanerers —in all parties —out of office. And we are going to elect Amanda Young the next governor of this state!

When the Union met defeat at the Battle of Bull Run, its bitterness taught them the resolve and strength of character with which they won the war, overthrew the Slave Power, and established universal liberty from one end of the continent to the other. The weak leaders who had blundered into catastrophe were replaced by men of purpose: leaders worthy of the name, who forged from tragedy "a new nation, conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal."

That is what we are trying to do here in Utah. That is the kind of leader we have in Amanda Young.

It is not enough to remove a governor or to punish those who aided his deception. We must destroy corruption wherever it exists: in politics and in business, and in the hearts of men.

We cannot tolerate the lie that labor is worth less than a living wage, that a hard day's work is something to be ashamed of, that the farmers and workers of this country do not deserve the love and thanks of all the people and the wealth that they produce.

We will not tolerate the falsehood that says political power should concentrate in cities far away from our homes and farms, that the common people are not to be trusted with the business of their own government.

We will attack, unceasingly and without reserve, all those who maintain the corrupt monopoly of capital, who seek to concentrate the wealth of our society in the hands of a privileged few.

This country belongs to the people. It belongs to the farmers and teamsters and fruit pickers, the miners and ranchers, small business owners and entrepreneurs, teachers and medical staff, to all the working people of this state.

This is your government. This is your party. And we are not going to give it up!

Just this week, the parliament is poised to pass an extension of the 2020 farm bill to provide much-needed support and economic relief to the farmers of this state.

This is only the latest measure which your government has passed to support your farmers and ranchers in the last four years, and it will not be the last.

The Labor party has put forward these measures because we are the party of the farmers of this state. We are the party of the small towns and rural areas, the out-of-the-way places far from the big cities on the coasts.

Other parties say they represent our rural communities —but their representation never seems to account for much after election day. Their list of achievements is emptier than their list of victories —and they don't have many of those either.

At the end of the day, there is only one party that is working for you in Denver and Salt Lake City, and that is the Labor party.

It was the Labor party who passed the Rural Health Act to build more hospitals and hire more doctors in rural areas.

It was the Labor party who raised the funds to expand rural broadband internet service.

It was the Labor party who votes to fund your schools according to enrollment, so that rural schools have the money they need to guarantee to every student a quality education, instead of concentrating all of the funding in rich districts as they do in other regions.

It was the Labor party who exempted farmland from taxation, so that no farmer has a cent to pay in property taxes to Denver or to Salt Lake City.

Lately the other parties have been harping on about transportation —but it was the Labor party who passed the Transportation Expansions/Connections Act to put control of transportation policy in the hands of local communities.

The great idea of the Labor party is that communities know their needs better than a select committee of career bureaucrats deliberating on the other end of the continent —and we will always defend the right of small towns and rural areas to have control of their own tax dollars.

So when I say the Labor party is the party of the farmers and rural dwellers, I am not making promises for the distant future. I am telling you the facts of the here and now.

We will never give up, we will never concede, until every Utahan has the right to live free from want and persecution. We will fight on to the end.

There is a great day of reckoning coming. No-one can prevent it.

When it does, the people of Utah will have a choice to make. They can move forward with Labor. Or they can languish in the doldrums of neoliberal misrule.

I believe when that days comes, the people of Utah will stand behind the party that has always done right by them.

I believe you are going to elect Amanda Young the next governor of this state. And you are going to elect a Labor majority along with her in the legislature!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #437 on: May 11, 2021, 03:35:17 AM »
« Edited: May 11, 2021, 04:55:12 AM by Speak No Evil for one month »

Logan, Utah1

Thanks for having me tonight, Logan.

I have often referred to the past two years and continuing as the New Great Society era for Atlasia. We've been the prime movers of all the major initiatives, and our government was swift in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic as it broke out.

As your senator for the Commonwealth, I played an instrumental role in the passage of the original stimulus bills, in addition to a temporary UBI, and in my last term in the Senate, a renewed Civilian Conservation Corps that is leading the country past the pandemic by creating new public works jobs to build exactly the kinds of infrastructure projects that my friend, Weatherboy, wants completed.

But he knows as well as anyone that we couldn't be having new, non-essential infrastructure projects for most of the last year and a half, when nonessential workers were forced to quarantine.

But we did build new hospitals, thanks to the Rural Health Act, and it is specifically because of that law that so many people are living today. No doubt that universal health insurance is useless without universal access to health care!

And both large-scale and local infrastructure projects are opening this spring, as our population continues to be vaccinated and economic restrictions are eased.

The question is not whether Labor wants to build new high schools in cities like here in Logan, or to expand public rail and bus lanes for the communities that want it; it is the way we approach those objectives without compromising necessary COVID restrictions. And thanks to the new CCC act I wrote in the Senate, we have more means to provide temporary employment, with wages of fifteen bucks an hour, to people who may have lost their jobs because of the pandemic.

The DA can't take credit for the Civilian Conservation Corps and it can't take credit for public transport. Indeed, to borrow a phrase from a famous real-life politician, "I wrote the damn bill!". And while I'm glad that Weatherboy supports these projects that Labor policies have funded in Nyman and Denver, curbing the pandemic simply had to take priority over all other matters.

Our new candidate for governor, Amanda Young, is responsible for shepherding responsive legislation to the Covid-19 Vaccine Promotion and Distribution Act that Speaker Siren authored and First Minister Truman signed.

The House Speaker already named Ms. Young as an impeachment manager for when the Articles are inevitably passed by the State House. Naturally, she is upset and has also expressed a great feeling of betrayal for mistakenly thinking she could trust the Governor with her initiative. But since her first election, she has rapidly moved up the ranks within the Labor caucus of the Utah House, and now she's running to be your governor, to clean up Salt Lake City, and to reopen the doors of the Governor's Residence!

I want the good people of Utah to know that Amanda Young is the real deal. Elect her with majorities in the State House and Senate. And never trust self-described neoliberals to protect and grow on the legacy of the New Great Society.

Thank you, Dave bless you, and Dave bless the great state of Utah! May we always stand together in honor no matter the stakes and strive for greatness!

1. https://saltlakeexpress.com/32212-2/ (Salt Lake Express)
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #438 on: May 11, 2021, 11:01:10 AM »
« Edited: May 11, 2021, 12:03:07 PM by Speak No Evil for one month »

Bozeman, Montana1
socially-distanced, masks-mandatory event, livestreamed on MT Labor website

It's a beautiful morning here in the great city of Bozeman, and after a long day managing party affairs in the Beehive State, it's good to be here to join my friend, Mr. Montana himself, Governor Budd Fudrucker for breakfast this morning, to engage directly with Montanans, and to hit the campaign trail with him.

As you all know very well, Bozeman is an important, growing economic hub in the state, and that can no less be attributed to the fact that Bozeman is a gateway community for visitors to Yellowstone National Park and its abundant wildlife and thermal features. Yellowstone not only generates millions of dollars in revenue each year, both for Wyoming and Montana, but it will also be a major employment hub for applicants to the new Civilian Conservation Corps.

The CCC is employing people in urban and rural areas alike, and that certainly extends to our national parks system. And, given how vast and isolated these parks are, they fared rather unsurprisingly well last summer while most industries and public amenities took a powerful hit. But tourism is alive and well in the Mountain West, and the CCC is employing Montanans as stewards of their home territory in preparation for this summer, when individuals and families from all over the country will travel to experience all that the Rockies have to offer in Frémont.

As your senator, I championed the renewed CCC bill, which will have the effect of guarding the bounty of wilderness that extends from the Plains to the mountains. The Governor has also prioritized state funding to conduct safety inspections and enforce penalties against polluters, and he along with Labor majorities in the State House and Senate passed plans for a statewide network for emergency services, including wildfire managment.

To slightly shift gears a little, First Minister Truman and Parliament down in Denver are also poised to pass an extension of the 2020 farm bill this week. That's going to help working families in Gallatin County and throughout the state, including ranchers, and continue to rebuild our agriculture sector.

Farmland is also exempt from taxation, providing necessary relief to ranchers in farmers throughout Montana and the Commonwealth. Labor continues to be the party of the farmer, the rancher, and particularly in this state, sportsmen, hunters, and families that live in the countryside.

Time and time again, Labor leadership in Nyman and in Denver have delivered for the people of Montana. Whether you work in tourism or agriculture, public or private sector, Labor knows and represents your interests best.

Thank you, Montana. Let's reward Governor Fudrucker and deliver him an even stronger mandate in the legislature this month!

1. https://www.bozeman.net/
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #439 on: May 11, 2021, 12:31:17 PM »

Mesquite, Texas

Morning, Mesquite! Great to be back on the campaign trail.

Mesquite and the Metroplex at-large are some of the fastest-growing regions in both the state and country. But, as new development radiates outward, it is more important than ever that government also focus inward - on the regions that have historically, and continue to, struggle for attention.

Low-income workers have long been ignored by political power players, and the COVID-19 pandemic has only worsened existing inequalities. Redlining and other schemes aiming to segregate neighborhoods by both race and wealth have led to certain neighborhoods having drastically higher income, significantly better-funded schools, and noticeably superior infrastructure quality, while wealthy legislators from these areas have left the vast majority of poorer neighborhoods to fester, directing valuable resources away from those in need to pad their own pocketbooks.

Folks, we can't allow this to continue. We can't allow the wealthy and connected to continue enriching themselves with public institutions. And we must act to deliver working Texans relief, and ensure that every Texan has an equal opportunity to advance through life with strong educational opportunities, accessible housing and transportation, and a safe job that pays a fair living wage.

National Labor has already taken action on this issue, by pushing for a national living wage and a comprehensive plan to invest in stricken urban areas, and if y'all vote in Governor Bryant and a Labor congressional majority here in Texas, we have a comprehensive plan to go further and lift up struggling urban communities in Texas. We will invest in public education at both the K-12 and secondary level, to ensure that every Texan has access to the educational resources they need to pursue their desired careers. We will comprehensively review Texas law and ensure that future housing growth is accessible to all, not just the rich - every Texan family deserves to have a roof above their heads. And, we will eliminate tax loopholes to ensure that the rich pay their fair share.

When Labor won Texas last October, it was a new day for the Lone Star State - however, obstructionist Federalists have conspired to block every legislative initiative we've tried to pass. As the energy crisis displayed, thousands of lives could have been saved or improved if the Rich Man Federalists put the welfare of Texans over their own pocketbooks, so it is crucial that the people of Texas vote overwhelmingly to reject their selfish political games and give Governor Ramsay and a Labor legislative majority the mandate to act decisively for this state's working folks and families.

And now, I'd like to hand over the mic to your State Representative, Carl Mendoza. Before being elected to the state house last October, Carl was a social worker, and was horrified by the tragic conditions many of the folks he was working with were in. He ran for office to be a voice for them in Austin, and will continue to be a fierce advocate for working folks here in Mesquite. I urge y'all to give him - and Governor Ramsey - your vote.

Thank you, Mesquite! Mask up, stay safe, and vote Labor up and down the ballot this May!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #440 on: May 11, 2021, 01:21:52 PM »
« Edited: May 11, 2021, 04:15:50 PM by Speak No Evil for one month »

Kanab, Utah1

Hello, Kanab! Great to be in another stop on our campaign trail. Like our friends in the Democratic Alliance, we also want to make our case known in every county in the state. And I chose the city of Kanab in Kane County, which is situated in Utah's "Grand Circle" area, centrally located among Vermilion Cliffs National Monument, Bryce Canyon National Park, the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, Zion National Park, Pipe Spring National Monument, Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, and Lake Powell.

There is just no shortage of things to do or places to visit in the Mountain West, particularly for those who love the great outdoors. And it is the isolated nature of these parks and monuments which allowed for families to vacation during the height of the pandemic last summer, camping out in the vast wilderness, fishing, hunting, and exploring, just as the people in this region of our Commonwealth know best.

Just as I was saying back in Montana this morning, this was essential to keeping our state economies in business when small local businesses were struggling to endure. And while Labor aided small and local businesses through our series of stimulus measures in Nyman, we also kept much of our park space open for campers and visitors, with appropriate distancing and health guidelines in place between employees, so that they would remain available to the people of our states.

Now tourism is coming back in full-spring this summer, and the new Civilian Conservation Corps is employing people here in Utah as we speak. They will maintain our parks in anticipation of the heightened tourism this summer, and they will also hit the ground running on projects for new schools in cities with growing populations and public transportation projects.

Now is a time for Utah to start looking ahead. I trust Amanda Young to see to it that these Labor-sponsored projects are completed. And while I do not have State Representative Young with me now as she deliberates impeachment proceedings up in Salt Lake City, I have with me two candidates for legislature who will reinforce that old Utah spirit of service and civic engagement.

Those people are Mr. Braxton Juan, a former Peace Corps volunteer who has helped oversee administrative oversight of the CCC here in Kane County who is campaigning to represent you in the State House, as well as Navy Officer Jim McAllen, who was born and raised here in Kanab and played for the Cowboys at Kanab High School, where he graduated with honors. He's running for State Senate on the very same themes as Mr. Juan - those of volunteerism, and having ample opportunities to serve one's country.

As President John F. Kennedy so famously said: "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."

That is the Atlasian way, and it's certainly one that's reflected in states like Utah.

Thanks for having us today, Kanab. As I did so in another forum in the state, I'll be passing the mic over to our veteran so that he can speak to you all first.

1. https://laestanciakanab.com/why-live-in-kanab/
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #441 on: May 12, 2021, 07:37:50 PM »

Brigham City, Utah1

Hello, Brigham City! It's great to be in Representative Young's home city to speak with you all today.

I am pleased to announce that impeachment articles against the Governor have passed the State House. This was a tri-(quad?)partisan effort, and so will the impeachment managers of this trial, of which Representative Young has been named.

The good people of this state need a leader they can trust, and they also need a government in Salt Lake City that can most effectively deliver for the people. This is a campaign that is about more than platitudes, partisan attacks, or fifteen-second speeches scattered across the state. Because as far as I am concerned, there is only one party actively campaigning that has a record of getting results for people, not just in the states we control, but in the Commonwealth and in Nyman.

I'm proud that our party has a slate of accomplished individuals working as campaign surrogates, including Vice President OBD and First Minister Truman. I'm proud that our Commonwealth has achieved so much, and as a whole we have elected Parliaments that have been pretty darn solid! And we're a party that holds our own accountable and ensures swift delivery of justice.

And we are also a party that stands up against the ideology known as neoliberalism. The ideology that drains the poor for the material well-being of the very rich. The ideology that is for repealing commonsense regulations within our financial system and giving victims of predatory capitalism little route to getting justice for themselves. The ideology that paved the way for the 2008 economic crash.

The contrast couldn't be more clear: outdated ways of thinking that inflate economic bubbles, widen the gap between rich and poor, and compromise existing programs intended to lift people out of poverty that took decades of progressive leadership to have realized, versus the party of the people who built the social safety net, adapted our energy economy to fight climate change while supporting workers in the fossil fuel industry, and wrote the rules intended to keep the power of the very rich in check and establish an equal playing field for people who are willing to work hard and contribute to this New Great Society of ours.

Remember that it was the Labor Party that passed the Red-Green New Deal. It passed on a party-line vote in the Atlasian Senate and it was one of the proudest votes I ever cast. It was written, passed, and signed all by the Labor government in Nyman. And that law is going to help move states in the direction towards renewable energy.

No doubt, there is a great difference between saying what you want to do versus actually delivering on those promises. And while I'm sure Mr. Matheson is a good man, he wasn't there when Labor passed these big-ticket initiatives.

Let me emphasize: we passed those initiatives - not just talked about them.

My friends, I urge you to look past the rhetoric and to closely examine the material records between the two parties contesting this state. If you support green energy, revitalization of the forgotten neighborhoods which are forgotten no more, and anti-poverty initiatives, then bet on the party that has a long history of accomplishing these things.

Do not bet the protection of these things on a neoliberal candidate, regardless of which party they hail from.

Thank you, Brigham City. Let's kick the doors of the Governor's Mansion back open and show what proven, justice-oriented, moral leadership can achieve in Salt Lake City!

1. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/276689970832242566/
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #442 on: May 12, 2021, 09:39:14 PM »
« Edited: May 13, 2021, 01:18:44 PM by VP OBD »

Richardson, Texas

Good day, Richardson!

Texas Labor is a party that looks to the future. And, as folks here know, a crucial part of that future is technological advancement. Whether it's blazing better virtual trails to better connect folks - an absolutely crucial endeavor in the coronavirus pandemic that has separated us all - or improving the efficiency of renewable energy technology to ease the transition from polluting fossil fuels, we must continue to support the pushing of technological boundaries for the public good.

We saw the consequences of falling behind technologically just hours ago with the recent pipeline failure that left thousands of gas stations across Texas and the South without gasoline. Just like the February power crisis, it's become abundantly clear that outdated energy systems are not good enough for the people of Texas. And as the effects of climate change continue, it is equally clear that there is no time to waste. While Rich Man Federalists and their backup power generators can fiddle while Texans freeze, ordinary working folks don't have that luxury - so we must act to prevent a repeat of last February, and quickly.

Texas Labor believes in the power of science and research. And, as we prepare to lead Texas into a historic renewable energy expansion, we believe that we must support them to continue making wind, solar, geothermal, and even nuclear power safer, more efficient, and more reliable.

The first step in our plan is shoring up public schools and their curriculums. For too long, public education has been extraordinarily uneven due to disparate funding, class sizes, and teacher training - and Texas Labor would work from Day One to ensure that every Texan student has an equally rigorous education and equal opportunities to pursue the careers of their dreams (including STEM careers), regardless of their wealth or what neighborhood they live in. To keep research institutions and initiatives in Texas strong, we need to start from the source and ensure this state's future scientists can all have access to a nourishing educational experience. And, we'll fight to make sure Texas teachers, who devote their lives to passing essential knowledge on to the next generation, get the compensation and benefits they deserve for their crucial work.

And, while Texas's future scientists and researchers learn their crafts in the classroom, we must continue to press the boundaries of green technology. Texas Labor will collaborate with universities, research institutions, and energy corporations to continue developing solar, wind, geothermal, tidal, and other renewable energy sources, working to both increase output and prepare Texas's energy grid for the day when fossil fuels will run dry. We'll crack ground on new, safe, nuclear projects that will create thousands of energy jobs and light up thousands of Texan homes year-round. And, of course, we'll winterize and modernize the Texan energy grid with the assistance of this state's top scientists, to ensure that the power of Texas's working families is in the safe hands of trained professionals and the newest, top-of-the-line energy technology, some of which will be developed right here in Richardson!

If we had our way, these essential reforms would have already passed. But, as everyone knows, Rich Man Federalists bought and sold by Wall Street and Big Oil have obstructed our initiatives in the name of their pocketbooks and even wealthier puppetmasters. It's time to send a message - that this is not acceptable! That the people of Texas are tired of government inaction and neglect! Let's elect a strong Labor majority to Austin and re-elect Governor Bryant to usher in a new era of progress and innovation here in the Lone Star State!

Thank you, Richardson! Now, I'd like to hand over the mic to your state senate candidate, Professor Sean Duckworth of UT Dallas! He's been working in research and education for years, and is eager to get to work in Austin to make our ambitious energy expansion package reality!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #443 on: May 13, 2021, 12:57:46 PM »
« Edited: May 13, 2021, 01:18:24 PM by VP OBD »

DeSoto, Texas

Howdy, y'all! Great to be back in DeSoto.

While instances of police brutality across the country have been perhaps the most visible instance of continued legal discrimination against minority groups, and is a glaring problem that cries out to be solved, offenses by law enforcement officials are not the only reason why minority Texans have not received a fair shake from their government and their legal system. For too long, the door of opportunity - including the ability to get a good education, a well-paying job, a stable roof, and food on the table - has been closed by greater society based on the color of one's skin. Wealthy conservative politicians have funneled taxpayer funds to their closed-door private schools, leaving the rest of us with shoddy, chronically underfunded public schools. They've withheld money from poverty-stricken inner-city areas, labelling them as crime-infested backwaters when their active ignorance is mostly responsible for the struggles folks here go through every day. The realtors and real-estate predators they send often greatly undervalue minority-owned homes, driving down house values and depriving folks here of rightful compensation for their property. And, they're more then content to leave places like DeSoto reliant on a broken energy grid - while folks here froze during the February energy crisis, they were high, dry, and warm in their suburban McMansions. As evidenced by their obstruction of Texas Labor's attempts to address these problems, the Rich Man Federalists have clearly aligned themselves with these forces of elitism and regression - and we can't allow them to block essential reforms for Texas's minority communities any longer.

If y'all elect a strong Labor majority to both the State House and State Senate, we'll be able to get to work for you and relegate the era of wealthy conservative rule to the history books. We'll invest in inner cities and education, to Build Back Better and ensure every Texan student, regardless of their skin color or their families's wealth, will have equal opportunity to succeed in life and pursue their dreams. We'll take on lingering discriminatory elements in the Texas lawbooks, crack down on blatantly racist behavior in law enforcement, and scrub discriminatory housing policy from the legal statue. We'll crack down on racial discrimination in the housing market to ensure that every prospective house seller receives the compensation they deserve. And, we will fight to repair and winterize the Texan energy grid, so every home in Desoto, Dallas, and Texas can stay warm and lit even through the darkest of winter storms. The Rich Man Federalists want to block our agenda in the name of status quo and their pocketbooks - and we must send them back home to their Porsches and port wines at the ballot box to advance the cause of progress and the People's Agenda. With Texas at a crossroads, there's no time to waste - re-elect Governor Bryant and elect a Labor majority to the statehouse to unlock the full potential of a Texas government committed to active governance and the wellbeing of working families here in the Lone Star State.

Now, I'd like to introduce your State Senator, Tate Brooks. Tate was born and raised and DeSoto, and ran for office to take on the wealthy elites that have long stifled growth and opportunity in majority-minority communities. She's ready to get back down to Austin and fight to end legalized discrimination and the era of Rich Man Federalist obstruction!

Thank you, DeSoto! Always a pleasure. Mask up, stay safe, and vote Labor up and down the ballot this May!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #444 on: May 13, 2021, 01:17:51 PM »

Dallas, Texas

Hello, y'all! Great to be here at Pacific Plaza in the heart of Dallas!

Texas Labor believes strongly in urban development. We believe that the era of government leaving inner cities behind must end. And, federal Labor has already taken action on this important issue, passing a sweeping bill to invest in inner-city schooling, small business, and development. We're the party that is ready and eager to connect on our ambitious promises - and Texas Labor, if granted a majority in the Statehouse, will build on national Labor's work from Day One.

We've talked about education a lot recently, because it is absolutely crucial. In addition to a sustainable climate solution, knowledge is the one thing we absolutely must leave the next generation with. However, in the past, shortsighted conservative politicos have neglected this, choosing to only support snotty private schools for their own kids while leaving the rest of the inner city with underfunded, understaffed public institutions. That's why Labor has a plan to revolutionize public education here in Dallas and across Texas. Instead of allowing disparities between wealthy suburban schools and struggling urban and rural ones to widen, we'll ensure that every public school receives the financial support that they need to provide equally transformative educational experiences to their students. We'll work with local school districts to vet curriculums and ensure that every Texan student gets the exposure to critical modern topics that they need. We'll end the toxic culture of endless testing and encourage real learning in the classroom, instead of tying students's worth to a cold, hard, number. And, we will ensure that teachers - who do the crucial work of passing their knowledge to the next generation - are adequately compensated for their absolutely essential efforts.

And, Texas Labor will invest in inner-city redevelopment. That's a broad term, so I'll elaborate. We'll clean up the streets - but instead of shunting the homeless and the struggling to the side, we'll bring everyone in and ensure that every Texan has the right to a roof above their head and three square meals a day. My good friend Scott's New CCC act will help with this by providing jobs for inner-city folks in need. We'll work to support local small businesses over big Wall Street conglomerates, and keep the family-owned institutions that have served Dallas for decades open through the difficult economic effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. We will ensure public transportation infrastructure is up to scratch and accessible for all to use. And, we'll fix Texas's broken energy grid to keep Downtown lit up and warm throughout the increasingly volatile weather presented by the climate change crises.

But, we won't be able to do any of this if the Rich Man Federalists continue to hold the State House. They're in the pockets of the wealthy elitists and predatory Wall Street interests, and they're going to continue obstructing Governor Bryant and Texas Labor's pro-people, pro-Dallas agenda. This has to stop, folks, and it will if we band together and deliver them a sound defeat at the ballot box. Our people-powered movement surged to an upset gubernatorial win last October - now, let's finish the job and elect a government that will bring Texas into a progressive, inclusive future!

Thank you, Dallas! Mask up, stay safe, and don't forget to go out and VOTE LABOR!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #445 on: May 13, 2021, 01:50:39 PM »

Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, Texas
drive-in mega-rally televised on local networks, livestreamed on TX Labor Website

HELLO, TEXAS!

It is an absolute honor to be here today with hundreds of your amazing Texas Laborites, including Governor Bryant and the vast majority of the Metroplex's Labor congressional delegation. And, I'd like to give a hearty thanks to the Collin, Dallas, Denton, Rockwall, and Tarrant County Labor Parties for hosting this great event, and to the all the folks watching at home for tuning in.

It is heartening to see the energy here today. Be assured, folks, we hear y'all. And we're going to ride this people-powered momentum to a landslide victory this May!

We know it's been a difficult few months in Texas and the State Capitol. We've seen weather events and crises that the state has never seen before. And, while folks across the state have struggled, we've also seen a selfish caucus of Rich Man Federalists paralyze the state government and hold Governor Ramsey back in his efforts to fight for the wellbeing of the working folks of Texas. Instead of joining with us to face down a frontal attack on our energy infrastructure by an unprecedented snowstorm, they fiddled while the rest of Texas froze! From the energy crisis to COVID to infrastructure, they've been obstructing our efforts at every turn - and it's past time for Texas to say, "Enough!"

Last October, we rode your hard work, and your overwhelming vote, to the governor's mansion. And now, the time has come to finish the job and elect a Labor majority to the State House and the State Senate. We CAN, and we WILL, defeat the forces of elitism and obstructionism, and we WILL unleash the full power of a government for and by the people in Austin! I have faith in our candidates, many of whom are standing right behind me, and I have faith we will deliver the people of Texas a huge win on Election Night and beyond!

And the Rich Man Federalists know it. They are running scared. Why else have they not revealed to the people of Texas the name of their gubernatorial candidate? Why have they seemingly abandoned the state?

Despite everything, despite the Rich Man Federalists's worst attempts to stop us, the dream for a New South remains alive. A South where anyone, regardless of their wealth or skin color, has the right to equal opportunity in education, a good job with at least a living wage, and a house with food on the table and an abundant supply of clean, reliable power. It's an idealist view, yes, but after years of struggle against the wealthy conservative forces of regression, Texas is at the cusp of achieving it.

The only obstacle that remains is this election, and if y'all elect a strong Labor majority to the Statehouse along with Governor Bryant, we'll work from Day One to deliver on our ambitious vision for the state. We'll immediately get to work on fixing the Texan energy grid, working to expand renewable energy and reconnect with neighboring states to ensure that the events of last February can never happen again. We'll expand and continue to improve infrastructure, whether it be electric car connections, public transport, or rural broadband. We'll fight for a better, most just education system, and make equal opportunity a reality from Pampa to Port Arthur. We'll take on big business interests to fight for the rights and safety of the Texan worker and their families. And, without obstructionists in the way, we'll deliver fully on the principled, science-based COVID response that has been a hallmark of Labor leadership since the inception of the pandemic.

The time is now, Texas. As climate change worsens and working Texans continue to suffer from the economic aftereffects of COVID and ineffectual conservative policy, there is no time to waste. As I said earlier, it is time to bring to conclusion the energetic, people-powered movement we started last October. It's time to elect a Labor trifecta to Austin, and to get to work to lead Texas into the future!

And now, it's my honor to introduce Labor's House Leader - and future Speaker - Diana Rossuelo! A longtime worker and union leader, she's been a fierce fighter for Texas's working families against the Rich Man Federalist obstruction, and is ready to lead a Labor House majority to help pass our aggressive, pro-people agenda!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #446 on: May 13, 2021, 02:24:29 PM »

Labor Ad: Obstruction
airing high-intensity in all Texas media markets

Camera pans to a county fair. Happy children play everywhere. Cheerful music.

Narrator: When Texas voted to elect Governor Bryant last October, Texans were excited for a new era in politics, while people were prioritized over big business.

Camera zooms to a rubber duck race. Kids place red rubber ducks, which are labelled with Labor legislative priorities (including COVID relief, infrastructure expansion, education reform, fixing ERCOT) onto the watery 'race track'

Narrator: We went to Austin eager to get to work for you. Eager to end the era of do-nothing government and improve the wellbeing of working Texan families.

Enter a fat Monopoly man with a Federalist sash. Carrying a wad of trash labelled 'obstruction', he walks up to the rubber duck race and intentionally clogs a pipe.

Narrator: But, the Rich Man Federalists refused to listen to the voice of the people, heed the struggles of their constituents. They chose their pocketbooks over progress.

As the kids begin crying and futilely attempting to unclog the pipe, the man walks over a prone child then extracts a chilled drink from a freezer labelled 'Energy Crisis", sipping it as he exits the scene

Narrator: And, ordinary Texans paid the price, freezing as Federalists fiddled in their opulent high castles.

A mechanic in a red apron (similar to the ones at Home Depot but with a Labor logo), bearing a strong resemblance to Governor Bryant, enters the scene, comforting the children before getting out a wrench labelled "The People's Vote"

Narrator: But, Texas Labor remains determined. We're ready to fix the broken deadlock in Austin, and get to work for the people of Texas.

Using the wrench, the mechanic unclogs the pipe, as the cheering kids resume enjoying the rubber duck race

Narrator: So, let's vote against obstructionism and status quo. Let's vote for the party with an ambitious plan that will lead Texas into the future.

Cut to Labor logo

Narrator: Vote Labor this May.

Note: Additionally, this ad was premiered at the DFW mega-rally
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #447 on: May 13, 2021, 04:59:57 PM »

Vernal, Utah

You are doing a remarkable thing here in Utah.

You are endeavoring to create what has never existed before on the face of the Earth: an equitable society.

When I say this, I am not talking about prim intellectuals' high hopes for the future. I am talking about facts.

The farmers in Uintah county are some of the most prosperous anywhere in the country. And that is entirely to the credit of the policies of the Labor party.

In a few days, your parliament in Denver will vote to extend the 2020 farm bill. This bill will provide $100 million to farmers here in Utah and across Frémont who will sell their produce to the commonwealth at cost.

This is in addition to the $350 million which your government has spent since 2018 to help farmers suffering from drought, and the more than $10 million in subsidies paid out to small farmers since 2019.

The effect of these measures is that you in Utah have higher incomes and enjoy a higher standard of living than your neighbors east of the Mississippi. This has been achieved without raising taxes on working class families and without making cuts to essential services.

When the parliament passed the property tax bill last year, your government insisted that farmland be exempted from the tax —and we got what we asked for. Today in Utah, the bottom 90% of landowners do not pay one cent in property taxes to Denver or to Salt Lake City, and no farmer will ever owe a cent in property taxes on their farms so long as I am your first minister.

The policy of the Labor party is that no farmer and no small town should live in poverty while the rich and large corporations are raking in profits. That is because the Labor party is the party of the farmers and the working people of Utah. We are the party of peace, prosperity, and home rule.

We cannot achieve an equitable society while liars and cheaters sit in the halls of our government. That is why I have called on your legislature to impeach Mr. Udall for his hideous betrayal. We are going to convict him, and we are going to throw him out of office!

But it is not enough to accuse corrupt politicians. We must destroy corruption wherever it exists: in politics and in business.

We cannot tolerate the lie that labor is worth less than a living wage, that a hard day's work is something to be ashamed of, that the farmers and workers of this country do not deserve the love and thanks of all the people and the wealth that they produce.

We will not tolerate the falsehood that says political power should concentrate in cities far away from our homes and farms, that the common people are not to be trusted with the business of their own government.

We will attack, unceasingly and without reserve, all those who maintain the corrupt monopoly of capital, who seek to concentrate the wealth of our society in the hands of a privileged few.

The pompous politicians who travel here from Nyman to sell you their miracle elixir cannot help you. That is because they do not understand the first thing about Utah. They are selling yesterday's ideas, when we need to be thinking about tomorrow.

They made their purpose clear in their opening remarks of this campaign. Their goal is to defeat the Labor party and the New Great Society, and replace it with neoliberal piffle. This is what they tell the people of Utah in their own words.

Any idiot with a car and $20 in change can go to Manila, or Whiterocks, or Jensen and make brave promises about what they will do with power. But history tells a different story.

The Labor party does not have to make promises because we are actually working for the people of Utah. And we do not intend to quit!

The people of Utah are intelligent people. They are not so easily taken in by Eastern frillery.

That is why I believe you are going to elect a Labor government on May 29.

You are going to make Amanda Young the next governor of this state! And you are going to elect a Labor majority along with her in the legislature!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #448 on: May 13, 2021, 05:24:05 PM »

Duchesne, Utah

The opposition leaders make many brave claims about their commitment to the farmers of this state.

They say that if you only elect them into office, they will pass a great farm bill that will help out the farmers here in Duchesne county.

I want to know, if the opposition is so keen to help all of you, where were they in 2020 when we passed the Feed Frémonters Act? Where were they when we passed the 2019 farm bill, or the Frémont Farm Maintenance Act?

Every piece of legislation to help the farmers of this state in the last four years has been proposed by the Labor party and passed by a Labor government. Not once have the opposition shown any interest in helping the farmers here in Utah or in any state of the commonwealth —until this campaign.

I will leave it to you to decide where the opposition got their sudden interest in passing a farm bill.

Perhaps the opposition will say they have always supported these measures. But it is not enough to be in favor of good policy in secret. Government requires leadership, and it requires the courage to state your convictions openly in all seasons, and not just when there is an election up for grabs.

The truth of the matter is there is only one party with any commitment to the farmers of this state, and that is the Labor party!

When I say this, I do not ask you to take me at my word. Any person has only to look to the history of the last four years to see I am telling the truth.

In a few days your government will pass an extension of the Feed Frémonters Act of which I spoke earlier. The effect of this act will be to provide $100 million to farmers here in Utah and across Frémont who will sell their produce to the commonwealth at cost.

This is in addition to the $350 million your government has spent to help drought-stricken farmers since 2018, and the more than $10 million in subsidies to small farmers since 2019.

So you see that when I say that the Labor party is the party of the farmers of Utah, I am not talking about high hopes for the future. I am talking about facts.

If there is anyone as dear to me and the Labor party as the farmers of Duchesne county, it is our small towns.

The opposition want you to believe that they are the party of rural areas. And they have many brave promises for you, if you will believe them enough to put them into office.

But when you look at the record, you will see that the small towns of Utah have ever had but one friend in politics, and that is the Labor party!

It was the Labor party who raised the money to improve rural infrastructure and rural broadband internet service.

It was the Labor party who voted to base public school funding on enrollment, so that rural districts like the one here in Duchesne have the money they need to guarantee every student a world-class education, instead of concentrating all of the funding in rich areas like the opposition do in their own region.

It was the Labor party who just this year passed the Rural Health Act to build more hospitals and hire more doctors in rural areas.

Back in February, we had a member of the opposition elected who promised to do something to solve the rural health crisis. But when the time came to vote for Labor's bill, he was nowhere to be found. He ended up resigning and fleeing the country.

It was the Labor party who made accessibility to rural dwellers the first priority of our vaccination program, so that today Frémont has the highest vaccination rate of anywhere in the entire country.

These are the facts of the situation. They are stubborn things.

No number of milk-carton speeches will change the fact that it is the Labor party that has been fighting for you for the last four years. The opposition have squandered every opportunity they have ever had to help the farmers and the small towns of Utah.

The people of Utah are intelligent people. They are not going to be taken in by promises that have no basis in fact.

That is why I believe that when you vote on May 29, you are going to vote the Labor ticket straight.

You are going to elect Amanda Young the next governor of this state! And you are going to elect a Labor majority in the legislature along with her!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #449 on: May 13, 2021, 05:47:34 PM »

Roosevelt, Utah

What are the issues at stake in this campaign?

The opposition say it is farm issues. They say that if you will only put them into office, they will pass a great farm bill that will help out the farmers here in Duchesne county.

The opposition never seem to run out of promises. But they are awfully hard-up for facts.

In the last three years the Denver parliament has passed three large farm bills. Not one of them was written by a member of the opposition.

Every piece of legislation to help the farmers which has ever been considered in Denver was proposed by the Labor party and passed by a Labor government.

It was the Labor party who passed the 2018 bill to spend $350 million to help drought-stricken farmers.

It was the Labor party who passed the 2019 farm bill that has paid out more than $10 million in subsidies to small farmers in the last two years.

It was the Labor party who passed the Feed Frémonters Act so that any farmer in Utah can sell their produce that they cannot sell at market to the commonwealth government at cost.

This last measure has been the difference between failure and breaking even for many farmers in the last year. It is the reason why Frémont's farmers are the most prosperous in the country, while other regions continue to bleed them dry with oppressive taxes.

In a few days your government will vote to renew the Feed Frémonters Act and spend an additional $100,000 for the relief of small farmers in 2021.

So you see that when the opposition claim to represent the farmers of this state, they are taking you for a ride. And you know who will be left holding the bill.

I say the farmers of Utah have ever had but one friend in politics, and that is the Labor party!

The Labor party does not ask for your vote based on promises for the distant future. We are campaigning on facts.

When you look at the record yourselves, you will see that the Labor party is the party of the farmers and the small towns of Utah. We are the party of peace, prosperity, and home rule.

When the opposition leaders come here, they tell you exactly who they are. They are Southerners and neo-liberals —creatures of the Nyman swamps. Their idea of government is that the common people should step back and let the so-called experts have control.

We do not want government by the elite class. And we certainly do not want a government of the Federalist Rich Man's party.

When you vote the Labor ticket you are not voting only for me. You are voting for yourselves.

That is why I believe that when you mail your ballot on May 29, you are going to vote the Labor ticket straight.

You are going to elect Amanda Young the next governor of this state. And you are going to elect a Labor majority along with her in the legislature.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies