Labor NPC Campaigns thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:01:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor NPC Campaigns thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 25
Author Topic: Labor NPC Campaigns thread  (Read 25276 times)
Harvey Updyke Jr🌹
jtsmd2
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -7.22

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: November 27, 2020, 11:24:54 PM »

I'm in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania.  With a mask on.

Today, I'm going to talk about the rights of the workers.  Pennsylvania Labor believes in the rights of the workers because it will bring more personal safety, job security, and better pay. Under a Labor government, the state will fight for you and your workers' rights.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #201 on: November 27, 2020, 11:30:28 PM »

Chester, PA

Good evening Chester, great to be out here on this cold fall night.

Here in Chester you know what political corruption looks like. Throughout the 20th century the former Republican party ran a corrupt machine here of fraud and racketeering. Now today, you have people trying to come to Pennsylvania taking part in the same dirty tactics. They pose as ordinary voters to try and get their hands on private information. It's just not right!

Now Chester is ranked as one of the most violent cities in America. That's why Labor is fighting for common-sense gun control. We passed the Assault Weapons Ban which keeps you and your families feel safe at night. Now the Federalists have not only tried to repeal this bill, they've tried to repeal every single gun restriction that exist in our nation. They don't care about your safety people! Just whatever will rile up the base. We need to elect a LAbor government to make sure that kind of bad governance doesn't come to the Keystone state. Now let me introduce some local candidates...
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #202 on: November 27, 2020, 11:34:31 PM »

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

socially-distanced event, masks mandatory, streamed live on PA Labor Website

Good evening, Philadelphia!

Fancy new bridges and a minor reform in polling places (when Lincoln already has vote-by-mail, no less!) are nice, but Pennsylvania needs a party that's not afraid to take on the difficult issues here in Philadelphia - namely, that of systemic racism. For too long, our legal system has discriminated against our most vulnerable groups, saddling minor drug charges with absurdly long stints in prison while leaving inner-city schools fundless and out to dry. Folks born here often have far less opportunity in life than their suburban counterparts, and this disparity and inequality can't be tolerated any longer by this state's Government.

That's why one of Pennsylvania Labor's top priorities is the inner cities. Urban public schools have long been the butt of jokes across Atlasia, but it ain't funny for folks that attend them - which is why Pennsylvania Labor will invest in these schools so every Pennsylvanian from central Philadelphia to the Lake Erie Coast can enjoy a quality K-12 education. We'll also work with the state college system to lessen tuition costs, and make community college free - access to a quality college education should be a right, not a privilege. Pennsylvania Labor also has a plan to increase economic opportunity in the inner cities - in Nyman, I'm working with my good friend Representative Sev to pass a bill that'll help re-energize the economies of poverty-stricken regions, aiding local residents and local business. And, we'll work to undo the effects of systemic racism on your communities, through scrubbing petty charges from the books, ending mandatory-minimums, and ensuring that police officers receive proper training, so they fulfill their purpose of serving the people, not oppressing them.

Our candidates across the state won't shy away from these issues. They won't hide from them by promoting feel-good ideas that don't actually move the needle much. When you elect them to Harrisburg, they'll be there fighting for you from Day One, no matter how hard the going gets. That's why the Labor Party is best-suited to governing this great state, and that's why I hope we've earned your vote tonight. So get out and vote - there's still time to cast your ballot for a better Pennsylvania! Thank you!
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #203 on: November 27, 2020, 11:36:22 PM »

Speech in Upper Uwchian Township, PA at socially distanced event live-streamed on Chester County Labor, PA Labor, and federal Labor websites

Good evening,

Labor remains committed to an agenda for the people of Pennsylvania. Labor will tirelessly defend our gun control laws and keep you safe. The Federalists want to roll them back and allow criminals to have guns and harm you and your family. We will also protect reproductive healthcare, unlike the Federalists who will take it away. We also want to bring jobs here to Chester County and the rest of Southeast Pennsylvania, and pledge to bring thousands of good-paying green energy jobs here to Chester County. We see a bright future here in Pennsylvania and especially here in Chester County, and Labor is the party that will fight for the people not just here in Chester County, but all across Pennsylvania. Thank you!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #204 on: November 27, 2020, 11:47:21 PM »

Reading, Pennsylvania

Good evening, Reading!

Unions have been a crucial part of Pennsylvanian history - it was here in the Rust Belt that heroic union members were beaten and attacked by Pinkerton detectives financed by a corrupt state government, yet they never gave up and soon the corrupt corporatist forces had been beaten back. Across this great state, unions are still fighting today for better wages and working conditions - and Labor has always been allied with them in that fight.

It's in the name, really - "Labor". Our party was built on the same ideals as unions were - the betterment of the working class. And accordingly, a Labor government in Harrisburg will be a staunch advocate for union interests. We'll ensure that our educators, who barely get compensated for the great service of teaching our younger generations, are paid good, fair wages. And, we'll ensure that Pennsylvania's transition to renewable energy doesn't leave coal and fracking workers behind - by crafting a free re-training program and giving them first priority for new renewable energy projects in their backyards, we'll get this state to net-zero carbon emissions while providing new jobs and investment to towns like Reading and rural areas. So, vote for the party that will never stop fighting for working-class folks like y'all - vote for Labor this November!

Thanks for having me, Reading! Mask up, stay safe, and don't forget to VOTE!

Rep. OBD spent the remaining time before poll-closing on phonebanking GOTV operations, targeting lower-turnout minority groups in Philadelphia
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #205 on: November 27, 2020, 11:55:02 PM »

Levittown, Pennsylvania

Good evening, Levittown!

Pennsylvania - and Atlasia as a whole - is in the middle of a crisis of intensity not seen since the Cold War. Between the coronavirus, climate change, and the continued need for socioeconomic and racial justice, now is not the time to elect a government that has no plans and doesn't know what they're doing. So to me, it's perplexing when all a Liberal representative has to say on this is "Under a Liberal government, the state will fight for you". C'mon! Any of y'all could do better than that!

This event, though, is part of a broader pattern - the Liberal Party is a party without a plan, and isn't prepared to provide the strong leadership Pennsylvania needs. They resort to generic platitudes to paint themselves as a legitimate alternative when, in reality, they'll have no idea what to do once they get to Harrisburg. Levittown, the Liberals will not solve this crisis - we need to stick with proven leadership and vote for Laborites up and down the ballot.

In stark contrast to Liberal posturing, your Labor representatives have been working hard for YOU during this pandemic. President Pericles and the Labor Congress took early action to keep Atlasians safe from the coronavirus, crafting a strong, science-based response that has played a big part in keeping COVID contained. And, they've kept making progressive legislative pushes - passing an expansion of social security, a huge boon for our nation's elderly, a plan that helps promote rural broadband construction, and a bill that will promote investment and redevelopment in our forgotten inner cities. Pennsylvania Labor will build on this strong record - they'll work to make a state climate plan that will make Pennsylvania a leader in renewable energy while not leaving this state's fossil-fuel industry workers behind, they'll ensure that all of Pennsylvania's public schools, no matter their location, provide our younger generations with the quality education they need, and they'll be a constant advocate for unions and union interests - after all, it's in the name! Unlike the Lazy Liberals, your Pennsylvania Labor candidates will be ready to fight for you from Day One, with detailed plans to help make life better for folks like y'all here in the Keystone State.

Thanks for coming out! Remember to stay safe, and vote for Labor this election!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #206 on: November 27, 2020, 11:59:31 PM »

Radio Ads

airing in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh Media Markets
Quote from: Sea-to-Sky PAC
Unemployment. Homelessness. Systemic Racism. We can't have a state government that ignores our inner cities for any longer. Pennsylvania Labor will invest in education, inner city business, and police reform, and is ready and willing to provide leadership to revitalize your neighborhood. Vote Labor, for a government that cares.

airing in all Pennsylvania Media Markets
COVID has hit hard, exaggerating already existing issues of poverty from inner Philadelphia to Appalachia. Folks are struggling to make a living and pay their rent, all while a deadly virus makes working normal jobs a hazard. We need strong, proven leadership, not a bunch of clowns with no plans besides a scribbled manifesto on a napkin. Your Pennsylvania Labor candidates have the plans, the energy, and most importantly, the guts, to take on these crises and fight for you. So get out there and vote Labor!

Climate change is coming, and Pennsylvania must be prepared. But, while we need to switch to renewable energy, we can't leave our workers behind. That's why Pennsylvania Labor has a detailed plan to achieve both these goals. We'll provide free retraining to all fossil fuel industry workers, and give them first choice of renewable energy jobs in their areas, all while making a historic investment in safe, clean energy construction that will power every Pennsylvanian home. Vote Labor, for a cleaner Pennsylvania.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #207 on: November 28, 2020, 12:00:07 AM »

Lincoln, Nebraska

Nebraskans!

The hour is at hand. The lying, cheating, thieving opposition think they are going to clean up in this state. As we speak, the reactionaries and money-guzzlers in Nashville are licking their chops at the prospect of annexing Nebraska to the confederacy of crooks and chicanerers who have polluted our country with their foul lies and deceptions. But they have forgotten to account for the essential thing, and that is the courage and solidarity of the Nebraskan people.

Tomorrow you are going to elect a Labor governor in this state. And you are going to elect a Labor majority in the legislature.

For three years, the Labor party has been the steadfast friend of the farmers and workers of Nebraska, of honest government, and self-rule. In the last year alone, my government has allocated more than $10 million in agricultural subsidies to small farmers here in Nebraska and across our great commonwealth of Frémont. In the course of this campaign, not once have the opposition articulated a single reason why the small farmer should trust them over the proven loyalty of the Labor party and the Labor government in Denver.

Not a single Frémonter campaigned on behalf of the opposition in this state, because the opposition are fundamentally not one of us. They stand for Eastern interests and Eastern values, and they answer to Eastern politicians.

A vote for the Labor party is a vote for more money for rural hospitals, more money for rural education, and more and higher-paying jobs. A vote for the opposition is a vote for regression, corruption, and centralism.

We are not going to give up Nebraska to the invading hordes of carpetbaggers without a fight!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #208 on: November 28, 2020, 12:33:35 AM »
« Edited: November 30, 2020, 12:36:17 PM by Oregon Blue Dog »

Thanks for campaigning, everyone! Together, we put out 59 events, a far cry from the 3 Labor events of the July cycle. Teamwork truly makes the dream work.

Anyway, above is the December NPC elections map, which also includes legislative elections in Atlasian Samoa and a mayoral election in the city of Houston. Campaigning will open on December 7.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #209 on: December 01, 2020, 05:59:41 PM »

W
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #210 on: December 07, 2020, 04:27:44 PM »

Portland, Oregon
social distancing and masks mandatory, streamed live on OR Labor website

Hello, Portland! It's great to be home.

When I first entered politics under the banner of the Labor Party, Atlasia was a vastly different place. Adam Griffin was still president. Schools and businesses were still open and bustling, a stark contrast to the thousands of closures still lingering across Oregon and the nation today. But, as your representative in Parliament, and now in the People's House, my fundamental philosophies have not changed. I'm still committed to being a pragmatic, progressive voice for the people in government. And I'm still committed to actively fighting for the values y'all believe in - whether it's taking initiative on the impeding climate crisis, advocating for racial justice, or ensuring that the coronavirus crisis is seen to a successful close.

I'm here tonight, in part, to announce my campaign for a full term in the House of Representatives. I received the great honor of a House appointment last month to replaced esteemed Representative Adam Griffin, and since then I've been one of the House's most active voices. If re-elected, I'll continue to pursue a progressive legislative agenda - passing bills that invest in our people while standing firmly against bills that negatively impact Oregonians or promote outlandish conspiracy theories. I hope y'all will join me in this fight, and I'd be honored to receive your vote.

But I'm also here to say a few words about the upcoming local elections here in the Beaver State. Oregon has a choice this election, and I don't think it's a particularly difficult one. While some folks have insinuated that Labor doesn't care about local policy, that couldn't be less true, and I've seen this firsthand. During my tenure in Denver, Fremont's Labor majority has never stopped fighting for your interests, whether it's through subsidizing clean energy, crafting a new, equitable regional college system, and taking on discriminatory criminal law statue to ensure that minority rights are protected. And while Fremont Labor and First Minister Truman successfully implemented a bold, progressive agenda, the opposition did nothing! They have no plans, and no care for the interest of folks like you. But fear not - Oregon Labor will fight for you, the people, with equal intensity and dedication as Fremont Labor does in Denver. We'll continue to work to make Oregon the greenest state in the Union. We'll listen to the thousands of Portlanders who came out to protest for equality and justice this summer and ensure every Oregonian can get a fair shake regardless of their skin color or sexual orientation. And, we'll work to fix Oregon's struggling education system, actively supporting public schools from Burns to Beaverton.

Before I continue, I'd like to introduce a good friend of mine, and your next Labor governor, Edward Zhang! Edward's taught biology in Portland Public Schools for over twenty years, and he knows firsthand that our state's education system needs improvement. As our governor, he'll work tirelessly with districts and teachers across the state to ensure that every Oregonian has access to a quality public school education. And as a science major, he understands the gravity of both the COVID and climate change, and he'll lead an administration guided by scientific principles to take both of these crises head on.

Portland, the time is now - cast a ballot for Labor and progressive, active governance for and by the people, or choose elitist opposition members who care more about 'owning Labor' than changing the status quo. Make the right choice and vote Labor for Oregon up and down the ballot!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #211 on: December 07, 2020, 05:58:24 PM »

To run across digital and print media and be posted prominently in public places in all states and cities with December elections until December 23.

(1)

(1) Source: Own work.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #212 on: December 07, 2020, 06:40:00 PM »
« Edited: December 07, 2020, 06:44:18 PM by KaiserDave »

OHIO VOTES LABOR: CANTON

Rally is held at the The Warehouse Training and Performance gymnasium in Canton Ohio, with mask wearing mandated and chairs distanced, streamed live on OH Labor Social Media and KaiserDave's accounts

Ohioans! Hello! Thank you for coming out. Perhaps you've seen one of my flyers on your doorknob or received a mailer, but I am running to represent all of you on the Lincoln Council. I am running because we deserve representation that reflects our core values, and not a consultant driven, detached political agenda. But today I'm here to speak on why Ohio deserves a Labor government, a Labor governor, Labor mayors, and Labor state legislators.

Labor is well, the party of Labor. It's the party of small town Atlasia, it's the party of time clocks and local storefronts, and the party of the everyday Atlasians just trying to get by and enjoy happy lives. We are the party of those who wish to enjoy their fundamental liberties out in the open fields and bustling towns of this great nation. We recognize however, that one cannot fully enjoy their liberties without economic security. We believe it is the job of your elected representatives to protect and defend that security. And to that end we will fight for your jobs, for the social safety net, and for a tax code that works for real, hard-working Atlasians.

Unfortunately, many of leaders have lost sight of real, hard working Atlasians. Legislators in New York, who spent themselves into a deficit, tried to fix their mistake with a regressive tax on all of you. Yes all of you, the Value Added Tax is a burden and a price on every level of commerce, and would impact working people, would impact poor people more than anything else. How could anyone in good conscience try to erect that kind of reactionary economic scheme? You should do what we do in our daily lives! Stand up, straighten yourselves out, and balance your books! No more punishing of your constituents. Fortunately, the good people of Lincoln told them loud and clear what they thought. Both of their regressive sales taxes went down in flames and you have yourselves to thanks! A pat on the back everyone!

But some people still don't get it. Only recently, a Representative tried to pass a new tax cut for people making over 100 million dollars. How can anyone, look at at struggling families, at children in poverty, look at small businesses struggling to keep up in the new economy, and say now is the time to cut taxes for the rich. That's why folks we need to send them a message. Show just how out of touch they are with a vote for Labor. Up and down the ballot! If we win Ohio we can win elsewhere too, and I am optimistic that we can pass good, decent policies for you. And I ask you to hold us accountable, it is important Labor stays in touch with the Laborers of this country.

Thank you folks! Vote Labor, vote for jobs, vote for economic security, and vote for KaiserDave for Lincoln Council!

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #213 on: December 09, 2020, 07:19:12 PM »
« Edited: December 09, 2020, 09:01:06 PM by Unconditional Surrender Truman »

Reno, Nevada

The liars and cheaters in the Dishonest Alliance spare no expense in their relentless war on the farmers and working people of this country. Of course, we expected their return. Once they had awoke from the wine-induced stupor that has hung over that party since their humiliating defeat in October, it was only a matter of time before the usual suspects stumbled out on the campaign trail to promote their program of lower taxes for the rich, cuts to essential services, and plutocracy for all. We in Frémont will never consent to be ruled from South Carolina, and we thank those crooks and their dead-eyed henchmen to keep their vicious slanders on the other side of the Mississippi!

You might have heard that these same tricksters are now attacking the fiscal situation here in Frémont. This government takes this matter with the utmost seriousness, and we are committed to passing a balanced budget for 2021, as we have every year since I assumed the ministry three years ago!

But we will never agree, as the reactionaries in the Dishonest Alliance have proposed, to make up the budget shortfall by raising taxes on the working class —or to further plunging our region into debt by passing massive tax cuts for the wealthy.

The Dishonest Alliance say that it is unjust for those earning more than $100 million a year to contribute the majority of their second hundred million to the support of essential services in our commonwealth. I say I will never endanger the solvency of this commonwealth for the benefit of a handful of the richest of the rich —and I will never offer up the freedom and security of the working and middle classes to satisfy the gluttons of wealth who prey on our people and eat up their substance!

Under current law, no Frémonter who brings home less than $125,000 a year pays a cent in income tax, and no small business which earns less than $100,000 in profit pays a cent in corporate tax. It is these responsible and prudent policies which make Frémont the most prosperous region in Atlasia. I will never apologize for leading Frémont out of the darkness of Federalist misrule, so that at the end of 2020, Frémonters earn more per hour and enjoy a higher standard of living than their neighbors to the east on either side of the Mason-Dixon line.

We are going to keep fighting —for better schools, better and more affordable healthcare, greener energy, and a more prosperous and independent working class. This is what the "irresponsible spending" the Eastern elites love to revile pays for —and we are going to do it with a balanced budget and a fair and progressive tax code.

The Dishonest Alliance want to be heard, and they have made the choice in this election perfectly clear. The Labor party is the party of the working and middle classes. The Federalist party is the party of "trickle-down" economics, and the Dishonest Alliance are the party who want to stop the trickle.

The people of this state have had enough pretty words from Eastern politicians. That is why you are going to elect a Labor governor in this election. And you are going to elect a Labor majority in the legislature.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #214 on: December 09, 2020, 07:35:13 PM »

To run across digital and print media and be posted prominently in public places in all states and cities with December elections until December 23.

(1)

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #215 on: December 09, 2020, 07:35:17 PM »

OHIO VOTES LABOR: WARREN

At a field outside Warren Ohio, a group of press gather to see KaiserDave, with various Ohio Labor members, and locals hold a small event. Everything is filmed for ad footage, and live-streamed on Ohio Labor's site and on KaiserDave's social media outlets. A full legislative copy of the rejected Lincoln VAT is nailed to a target in the field, while on a table, a shotgun rests. Everyone is masked.

I'm back in Ohio today folks, today we're sending a message. We're talking taxes, specifically the DA's and Ishan's Value Added Tax. Or as I like to call it the "Daily Tax." A new tax on just about everything you'd ever buy, everyday. You're going out to buy lunch, that's a tax. Filling up the tank at the station, that's a tax. Buying a new backyard grill? That's a tax. That might be easy for hedge fund managers and speculators to pay, but not for working Ohioans. Just how out of touch do you have to be to propose this? Right wing economic schemes have never worked for Ohio, and it's shameful that the Democratic Alliance would package it as some kind of moderate, even progressive proposal. It's never been progressive to place the tax burden on working people, and they're dead wrong. Now we're gonna send a message, it won't be louder than the one voters sent at the polls, when the Daily Tax went down in flames, but it's loud enough that I'll need to wear these headphones (laughs).

KaiserDave snaps the shotgun closed and turns to the owner of the gun next to him asking if it is American made, to which he replies in the affirmative. He raises the weapon and fires, the bill is struck and is riddled with a misshapen hole as bits of paper fly into the air.

Still not louder than the one you the voters sent in November! But we got to keep it up. If we send Daily Tax pushers to the state house or to the governorship they will come back, they'll come back with new sales taxes, and new ways to the put the financial burden on you the people. So vote Labor, vote crimson up and down the ballot, and I swear we'll fight hard to make sure that everyone is winning in this economy, and not just those at the top.

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #216 on: December 09, 2020, 08:55:47 PM »

(1)

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #217 on: December 10, 2020, 11:42:00 AM »

(1)

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #218 on: December 10, 2020, 12:47:38 PM »

Springfield, Ohio

Hello, Clark County!

It is a real thrill to be here again in my native country, to meet all of you, and once more cast my lot with the happy citizens of the Free North! When I was your representative on the Mideast Assembly, it was my joy to do battle with the enemies of Ohio —as I continue to fight for the working people against this country against the legions of tricksters and corrupt money-guzzlers who hail from Nashville and Charleston!

I appear before you today, the first minister of Frémont, but no less a son of Indiana and Lincoln. We in Frémont have always had a special relationship with you in the greater West who tend your hearths on the fair banks of the Ohio. When Peanut was your governor, we used to speak of a Holy Alliance that bound Frémont and Lincoln in common cause against the plutocrats and centralizers in Nyman. The time has come for Ohio to take up the torch again, rally her forces, run out her banners, and fight for herself and all the working people in this country against the hate-filled sycophants of reaction and the coastal elites!

I have come here to-day because you in Ohio will do much more than elect a governor and state officers this month. Your votes will determine the balance of power here in Lincoln and across our country.

For the wealthiest 1%, a dazzling array of choices present themselves: the disparate elements of the Coalition of Chaos each fighting to outdo each other with promises of tax cuts for the rich, paid for by raising taxes on the working and middle classes, and slashing funding for healthcare and local schools. But for the vast majority of the people here in Ohio who go to work every day to earn a chance for their children to lead better, more prosperous lives than they lead to-day, there is only one option, and that is the Labor party!

The Labor party is the party of the working people of Ohio, which promises more money for schools and local infrastructure, more money for healthcare, and zealous defense of the rights of labor. The Coalition of Chaos are the parties of the rich and well-connected.

You may have heard the quacks in the Dishonest Alliance are attempting to make hay out of the fiscal situation here in Lincoln. They believe they have identified a great injustice: that the wealthiest individuals earning more than $100 million a year are asked to contribute the majority of their second hundred million to the support of our public works. To relieve the richest of the rich of this oppressive burden, they have prescribed a general tax cut for the wealthy, which they propose to pay for by raising taxes on working people.

Now those same crooks are attempting to saddle Labor with the blame for the so-called "Value Added Tax" which their members supported in the council. I would remind you that that tax was vetoed by the Labor governor of this region, and it was defeated by the combined efforts of Labor organizers here in Lincoln. The V.A.T. is the pet project of the same reactionary faux-intellectuals who have conspired for years to bleed every last cent out of the working people of this country to finance their program of corporate welfare. They say they are for "solutions," but the only problem they have so far identified is that your taxes are too low and your wages are too high!

The people of this state will never allow their region to fall under the government of charlatans and petty office-seekers. They are going to clean house on election day, and take the hucksters in the Coalition of Chaos to the curb!
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #219 on: December 10, 2020, 06:25:47 PM »
« Edited: December 10, 2020, 06:31:29 PM by FalterinArc »

This ad to be aired in all states holding NPC Elections this month
Interior shot of a house at night. Two children are giggling while washing dishes and splashing water at each other. The camera begins to zoom in on the window, leaving the interior of the house until a small flying object is visible. The camera continues to slowly zoom in towards the object as the narrator speaks.

Narrator: Right there outside of that home is a USAF Hunter-Killer drone. It is used on battlefields to deliver reconnaissance payloads and high-power microwave weapons. Right now, under responsible Labor government, this kind of weapon is kept safe and secure by the Atlasian armed forces. Unfortunately, a Federalist representative introduced a bill to allow anyone to have their hands on military-grade weapons like this one. The Federalists are playing political games with our lives. And when games are being played with our lives, Camera stops zooming, cuts to black Voting is a matter of life and death. explosion sound effect Vote Labor this December. The stakes are too high for you to stay home.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #220 on: December 10, 2020, 10:31:47 PM »

Sparks, Nevada

It is a pleasure, I say it is a real pleasure, to be here with you today, and to speak with you on the important matters which are before our commonwealth. You may have heard in the last few days some of those gentlemen out in South Carolina are not too pleased with me. Perhaps if they had any achievements of their own to boast of, they would not feel the need to attack mine! They have sent up an army of hucksters to try and bamboozle you with lies and deceptions into voting against your own interests. But I know the people of Nevada are too sharp to be taken in by such flimsy salesmanship —and I have come down here today, so you can hear what I have to say, and see if you believe some of the things that have been said about your first minister.

I have said before that there is a choice to be made in this election. The Labor party is the party of working people and the middle class. The Dishonest Alliance is the party of the rich and special interests.

In the three years since I assumed the government of Frémont for the first time, the Labor party has been the stalwart friend of the farmers and working people here in Nevada. We have passed legislation to invest more money in rural schools and rural infrastructure; we have cut taxes for families and small businesses; we have guaranteed to every Frémonter a living wage and the right to negotiate on equal footing with their employer. Since 2019, we have appropriated more than $10 million for small farmers here in Nevada and across our commonwealth; and we have done this without leading this region into debt or burdening your families with onerous and regressive taxes.

The result, is that today the average Frémonter earns more and enjoys a better quality of life than their neighbors to the East. The Eastern politicians who come out here to campaign for their candidates and then promptly vanish when the race is lost do not understand this, because they are not one of us. For all their sleight of hand and trickery, they can never contemplate a society where all people are treated with fairness and given an equal chance to succeed and build a better life for themselves through hard work and dedication.

The crooks and sycophants in the Dishonest Alliance say they stand for "solutions." But the only problem they have so far discovered is that your taxes are too low, and your wages are too high! One cold Nevadan corpse has more new ideas in a year than a whole room full of Dishonest Alliance tricksters will have in a lifetime. They covet power for themselves, but they offer you nothing the Labor party has not already given you and then some.

I do not believe the pollsters and the professional pundits who say that Nevada is on the verge of going over to the imperialists. The people of Nevada are smart people, and they are not so easily fooled. That is why you are going to vote the Labor ticket straight down the line in this election. You will be voting for your interests and the interests of your children and grandchildren.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #221 on: December 10, 2020, 11:08:56 PM »

Austin, Nevada

When you put pen to ballot this election, don't waste any time. Just vote the Labor ticket straight down the line. You'll be voting for your interests and for your children's interests.

There may be some in the crowd today who remember what it like when we had a Federalist government here in Frémont. A man could walk right into your garage, steal your car, and get away with it, because there was hardly any government to speak of. The only worse thing than another Federalist government, would be a government of the Dishonest Alliance. Then a man could steal your car and get away with it, because he would be the government.

We are fortunate in this country that we have a choice of our leaders. We can elect to continue on the road of prosperity which we have followed these last three years; or we can return to the politics of reaction and centralism that so plague the rest of the country.

The Labor party is the party of the working people here in Nevada. The Dishonest Alliance and their cronies are the party of the rich and special interests.

You may have heard some nasty rumors which the Dishonest Alliance are spreading about the fiscal situation back in Denver. They are blaming me for not looking after the budget when I come back here to speak with all of you. They have forgotten that it was their Comptroller General who dithered and wasted time for months, who is the reason it has taken so long to complete the budget! But make no mistake —Frémont will pass a balanced budget before the end of the year if I have to write it myself —and thanks to the incompetence of the Dishonest Alliance, I will have to write it myself.

They want to talk about the budget being delayed because they don't want to talk about what's in the budget. Just this week, the central committee of the Dishonest Alliance ran an ad saying what high taxes he have here in Frémont. But those rates apply only to the richest of the rich, and only after they have already taken home $100 million dollars a year! The Dishonest Alliance politicians said they wanted to cut those rates, and said they wanted to cut funding for schools, hospitals, and local infrastructure to pay for it.

The fact is that if you earn less than $125,000 a year you do not owe the government one cent in regional income tax. And small businesses earning less than $100,000 a year do not owe one cent in corporate tax.

When you consider that under Federalist government, you were not only paying higher regional rates, but also state and local taxes, the Labor party has overseen a dramatic reduction in taxes for working people over the last three years. Against the advice of the Dishonest Alliance leaders in parliament, I have refused to raise these rates, because I believe that you should keep your money and spend it as you please, instead of sending the larger share to Denver.

Instead, we have asked that Frémonters who take home more than $100 million a year, should contribute the majority of their second hundred million to pay for better schools, better hospitals, better infrastructure, and more money for law enforcement and public defenders. The result is that Frémonters earn more and enjoy a better quality of life than their neighbors in the East. This is according to the Dishonest Alliance's own comptroller, whose only act in office was to report the outstanding success of this government's economic policy contrary to what the agents of his own party are now saying.

We are going to win the elections here in Nevada. And we are going to keep winning, as long as the Labor party is the party of farmers, workers, and the middle class.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #222 on: December 12, 2020, 05:28:21 PM »

Milwaukie, Oregon

Good afternoon, Milwaukie!

In times such as these, we need proactive, principled leaders to represent us in government, not inexperienced trust-fund babies who have no interests besides self-interest. And, too often, we see members of the Coalition of Chaos partake in the latter - they have no visions for Oregon besides vague platitudes, catchy mall songs, and a pervase, irrational hate of the Labor Party. We need a government that has a proven record of offering real solutions for Oregonians, not one that seeks to get elected without a care for the good people of this state.

And the Labor Party has been getting stuff done for Oregon. My first bill in Parliament sought to make a historic investment in clean, affordable urban public transportation - and with the funds from this bill, Trimet will be able to build new MAX and commuter rail lines without having to levy another tax on the city of Portland! And, Labor's been fighting hard for you on other fronts - under the Truman administration, Parliament has made Oregon and Fremont the center of a legislative renaissance, with new bills for Oregonians targeting issues from criminal justice to education making their way to the lawbooks. The opposition can make all the vague, feel-good promises they want, but only one party has a sterling record of legislative activity - unlike the East Coast Elitists, Oregon Labor will get to work on Day 1, building upon Parliament's work to fight for the people of this great state.

So, I ask you, Milwaukie - get out and vote this December, and cast your ballot for the Labor Party - the party of hard work, active governance, and most importantly, Oregon values. From the estuaries of Astoria to the High Desert of John Day, let's paint Oregon red! Thank you!

OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #223 on: December 12, 2020, 05:46:11 PM »

Oregon City, Oregon

Hello, Oregon City! Great to be here on the beautiful Willamette River! I have a lot of good memories here.

Anyway, back to the point - the other day, I saw a Dishonest Alliance ad on I-205 about an alleged new Oregon Trail headed back east, a laughable notion! In actuality, the idea that Oregonians and Fremonters are fleeing eastward is categorically false - according to the Census Bureau six of the top eight Atlasian states for growth (including Oregon!) are in our Western Region, and this boom shows no signs of slowing. Out West, we do things differently - an active government that won't hesitate to act for the people, a tax code that punishes the up-top elitists instead of the little man - and folks across Atlasia are buying into it. We don't need East Coast Elitists to tell us how to run our state.

Whether in Denver or Nyman, your Labor representatives have never hesitated to act for you - while the Coalition of Chaos impersonated and defamed an innocent voter for partisan gain, Laborites fought for funding to combat the forest fires bearing down on Oregon City, Estacada, and other working-class Oregon communities - working across regional lines to get a direly-need federal aid package to our brave firefighters. And, by taking a proactive approach to the coronavirus crisis, Labor helped spare Atlasia from the worst of the crisis - Oregon's COVID outbreak is largely contained, and studies show that if we didn't act the death toll could be up to three times higher.

So, Oregon City, it's a simple choice - stick with proven leadership from Labor, or risk the livelihoods of thousands of Oregonians on platitude-based parties with no plans, no vision, for this great state. Cast your ballot for Oregon, and cast your ballot for Labor. Thanks for having me, wear a mask, and stay safe!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #224 on: December 12, 2020, 06:58:50 PM »

Youngstown, Ohio1
social distancing and masks mandatory, streamed live on OH Labor website

Hello, Youngstown! It's great to finally have the opportunity to speak with you today. I must say, Ohio hasn't lost that Midwestern charm that defines this great state. I've had the opportunity to speak one-on-one with many Ohioans to address their concerns, and the people of Youngstown have treated me well.

You know, there's been a lot of negative campaigning this month. I find it unfortunate that our friends in the Democratic Alliance have chosen to go down this road, rather than talk about real solutions for cities like Youngstown, which have sadly been forgotten in our changing economy. Ohioans overwhelmingly feel like they no longer have a voice. But make no mistake - Labor is the party of the forgotten working men and women.

A Labor government will always put the people of Ohio first. We're going to protect the unions that have ensured shared prosperity for all our workers, particularly blue collar workers who have lost out in the age of failed trade policies and the dynamics of this new economy. And the COVID-19 crisis has stunted efforts to revitalize this city and state economy.

Currently, the Senate is considering a bill that will eliminate barriers for credit unions to support small businesses. I am proud to lead the Labor Party's effort to stand up to the big banks and repeal the restrictions on credit unions that they imposed in the late 1990's.

Both labor unions and credit unions have fought to ensure the livelihood of those not in the top 1%. They collectively ensure opportunities for people to realize the Atlasian dream. And they are of particular importance in Midwestern, industrial cities like Youngstown.

The Labor plan for Ohio is to guarantee a safety net to help those who are struggling in this new economy. While trade is essential to economic growth, trade can only work if all people benefit. This, sadly, has not been the case. And Ohio needs a government that will defend the interests of the working men and women who are struggling, working multiple jobs, and live by paycheck to paycheck and are forced to choose between feeding their families and paying the monthly rent.

This is, as I've said, particularly difficult in the age of COVID-19. It is imperative that we establish a safety net that guarantees housing as a right. We must halt the projected rise in homelessness that threatens poor and working-class people, and disproportionately harms African Americans.

Under a Labor government, Ohio will be the manufacturing capital of the nation. These jobs will be restored. And nationally, Labor will stand up to China and countries that have manipulated our trade policies at the expense of hard-working Atlasians in cities like Youngstown.

The people of Ohio are smart and realize what is at stake in this election. Negative campaign messages that lack concrete policy proposals do nothing for people who are struggling, but our friends in the Democratic Alliance so far have failed to concoct an economic strategy to aid great cities like Youngstown and put Ohio on the right track.

This month, vote for the party that has a plan. Vote for the party that stands for the forgotten men and women of this state and this nation. Vote for the party that stands for all Atlasians - rural and urban, those who are college-educated and those who are not, people of all races and creeds. Because despite these differences, all of us have the same needs and a common desire to make Ohio great again and protect the natural right to the dignity of work, and the fruit of the labors supplying their needs and the needs of their families.

Thank you, Youngstown. Dave bless this great city, Dave bless this nation, and Dave bless the great state of Ohio!

1. https://lindaontherun.com/things-to-do-in-youngstown-ohio/
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies