Labor NPC Campaigns thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:41:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor NPC Campaigns thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 25
Author Topic: Labor NPC Campaigns thread  (Read 25189 times)
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2020, 08:14:00 PM »

The Labor party endorses the Peace candidate for governor of Missouri
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2020, 08:27:12 PM »

San Marcos, Texas

Hello, San Marcos! Glad to be here in the final stretch of our campaign to elect a Texan government that represent ALL of us, not just a few at the top!

I'm here on the San Marcos river to talk about conservation. Here in greater San Marcos and Hays county, y'all are blessed with a lot of parks, rivers, and recreational areas that help give this city a unique, fun vibe. I'm seriously considering stopping by after the election to unwind a bit (socially distanced, of course!). However, we need to ensure that future generations can work and play here as well, and there's many things the government in Austin can do to help.

Most importantly, we need to tackle global warming. It's an issue that radical right-wingers call a hoax - but the science proves it's happening, and our most vulnerable communities are already starting to feel the burn. If we let climate change continue unstopped, Southern states like Texas will face heat waves and drought - which will put a clamp on the growth of cities like San Marcos while destroying ecosystems and leaving the poor without reliable access to water. We can't wait any longer to take action, which is why a transition to clean energy is one of Texas Labor's top priorities.

It's also important that we work diligently - both here in San Marcos, across Texas, and across Atlasia - to maintain natural beauty. In the era of gray skyscrapers and pollution, as humans we crave a little greenery sometimes, and we need to ensure that nature is preserved for future generations. In addition to providing a nice trunk to lean on, trees and other plants are critical warriors in our fight against CO2 emissions, which is why Texas Labor will fund ecosystem management programs that will keep Texas nature intact for our children.

Thanks for having me, San Marcos. It's always nice to enjoy the outdoors before winter sets in. Remember to get out there and VOTE tonight!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2020, 08:36:43 PM »

Tweet from Oregon Blue Dog

Quote from: MP OBD
It's crunch time, Texas! Let's get out and VOTE for a better future for the Lone Star State! If you need help voting, go to votetexas.org to receive guidance from an enthusiastic volunteer! #Vote2020 #FlipTexasRed

Last-Minute TV/Radio Ad airing high-intensity in all Texas media markets

Quote from: Flip Texas Red PAC
Narrator: Why are you voting?

Person 1: I'm voting for a science-based, smart COVID response.

Person 2: I'm voting so politicians can hear the interests of the African-American community.

Person 3: I'm voting to fix our broken immigration system.

Person 4: I'm voting so the government invests in clean energy.

Person 5: I'm voting for better roads and public transit.

Person 6: I'm voting so Texas can take a better road forward.

Narrator: Election Day is here, Texas. Now is the time to make your voice heard for change. Millions of Texans are headed to the polls - so, the question is: why haven't you? Vote Labor.

(TV ads only: VOTE LABOR in American colors displayed over a backdrop of the Texan plains, with votetexas.org link displayed below)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2020, 09:11:53 PM »

Sheridan, Wyoming1

Howdy, Sheridan!

You know, one of my favorite places to visit in our great state is here in Sheridan's Main Street. It's been said that here we don't throw out the old to make way for the new, we bring the two together. And while the Federalists brand themselves as being the conservative party, I can think of nothing more in the spirit of conservatism than preserving our environment.

Wyoming residents spend the most time outdoors of people in almost every state. Wyoming residents also identify as hunters, anglers, and outdoor recreationists at much higher rates than the national level. And so we understand the importance of preserving that way of life here both for ourselves and for future generations.

Polls have shown that even among conservatives, state control of public lands is an unpopular position. And it is Labor that will ensure these lands continue to be protected in the interests of those who use them, rather than large corporations and polluters. It is vital for our people as well as for the state's thriving tourism industry. Make no mistake: we need not choose between protecting our environment and promoting a strong economy. When our environment thrives, so do all of us here: hunters, business owners, and people of all trades.

A Labor government will also prioritize investments in infrastructure, so that people may experience the outdoor way of life without losing access to important amenities such as health care and education. We will build new roads and fix existing ones. We will build on existing rural electrification projects started regionally and federally. We will also use Wyoming's wide open spaces as part of our transition to renewable energy, invest in nuclear, and guarantee that our hardworking men and women in the coalfields continue to have economic security in this era of technological change.

And now, I am proud to introduce our party's candidate for Governor to outline their plan for growing our state's economy and protecting our environment so that outdoor recreation continues to keep our state on the map...

1. https://www.sheridanwyoming.org/discover/downtown-sheridan/
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2020, 09:41:26 PM »

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.forbes.com%2Fplaces%2Ftx%2Fdallas%2F&psig=AOvVaw0QikYD637YQW9NrXGOOIWO&ust=1604198349300000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAMQjB1qFwoTCJj66Nvm3ewCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAa

Dallas, TX

Governor TimTurner helped volunteers with GOTV calls (following COVID-19 safety regulation), and chatted with voters over the phone

Thank you, thank you! It's great to be home. I'm proud to be a Texan and Dallasite, and I love all of y'all.

As your Governor in Nashville, I've fought to build on the legacies of Leinad and MB and to build a progressive future in the South, and I'm heartened by all the support that legacy has received here in Texas. As I've talked to my constituents across the state, I've been pleasantly surprised by the energy and dedication they have to Texas Labor's agenda - we're the closest we've ever been to defeating the Jim Crow bureaucrats that have ran this state for decades and ushering a new era of government for and by the people!

If y'all elect a Labor government in Austin, they'll do a lot of great things for the state. I've met with our candidates from Laredo to Lubbock, and I can guarantee that they're ready to tackle the difficult issues and fight for you - the people. A modern energy grid, an accessible infrastructure system, justice for the marginalized - so much rides on this election, which is why it's so important for y'all to get out and vote. As others have said, Texas stands at a crossroads, and I hope y'all can help us pave a better future for this great state. Thank you, Dallas!
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2020, 09:41:40 PM »

NJ Radio Ad: Not Right (to air statewide on all radio stations)

Person #1: Hey Mary, did you know it's a bad bet to send the Federalists to Trenton?

Person #2: Well John, I do know that they supported tax cuts for big corporations

Person #1: Mary, do you know how they want to pay for the tax cuts

Person #2: Isn't it by cutting infrastructure spending? Aren't we bad enough as is with the Pulaski Skyway taking so long? Imagine what would happen if we ever had to renovate the Turnpike or Parkway, John.

Person #1: Mary, but there's even more the Federalists support a personhood bill.

Person #2: That would make access to abortions essentially nonexistent for millions of women. John, did you hear that they also want to get rid of our gun control laws.

Person #1: So Mary, do you mean that they want violent criminals to walk around with guns and not ever even have a background check, I'm getting the feeling that the Federalists aren't for us.

Person #2: Yeah John, I feel the same way, this type of agenda seems perfect for Mississippi or Alabama, but it just isn't right for New Jersey

Person #1 and Person #2: Take it from us, the Federalists just aren't right for NJ

Vote Red PAC paid for and is responsible for the content of this ad.

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2020, 09:49:22 PM »

Rally in Montclair (socially distanced event with masks mandated)

Good evening Montclair,

The Federalists want to gut funding for our schools, so that they can fund tax cuts for their out of state donors. They want to cut our infrastructure funding to fund those cuts too. The Parkway is not far from here and those of you who have driven know how bad the traffic can get especially once you pass the Turnpike and head down the shore. Our roads here in New Jersey are not in good condition and the debacle of the Pulaski Skyway project shows that they aren't getting repaired as quickly as they need to. The Federalists also want to pass a personhood bill, that would make access to abortion services nearly impossible for millions of women across our state. The Federalists want more guns in our streets. They want for criminals to have guns, they want to end background checks, they want to repeal the AWB that I helped pass in New York. They will take us backwards. They do not stand for our values and we need to make that clear at the ballot box. Vote Labor if you want our state to keep moving forward!

(applause)

Thank you!
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2020, 09:53:42 PM »

The Federalists want to gut funding for our schools, so that they can fund tax cuts for their out of state donors.

PLEASE TELL ME WHERE THEY HAVE SUPPORTED GUTTING FUNDING FOR SCHOOLS.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #133 on: October 30, 2020, 09:54:04 PM »

The Federalists want to gut funding for our schools, so that they can fund tax cuts for their out of state donors.

Please leave our thread, also tbh this is unfair you don't get to respond to attacks right as soon as they are aired. You need to have messaging to fight back against those attacks. There's a reason why negative campaigning is so much more powerful than positive campaigning and why big PACs do almost exclusively negative campaigning.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #134 on: October 30, 2020, 09:55:29 PM »

Please leave our thread
I'll move it to the other thread but please source it.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #135 on: October 30, 2020, 09:57:55 PM »

McAllen, Texas
Governor TimTurner worked with local GOTV groups to help encourage locals to vote. Speech livestreamed on TX Labor website

Hello, McAllen!

It's great to be back in the Rio Grande Valley, where it's summer all year long! Many Texans come south here for the winter, and it's not hard to see why!

Just earlier, I finished up some calls with people here to urge them to get out and vote. While Texas hasn't seen a competitive election in a while, this one's a real nail-biter, and we need as much help as we can get to flip Texas red. The COVID pandemic has only exacerbated the terrible working conditions immigrant farmworkers here are often subjected to, and many are forced to expose themselves to coronavirus every day to keep their families fed. This is unacceptable, and it's one of the reasons why we need to elect a Labor government to Austin. Labor - it's in the name - will be a staunch advocate for worker's rights, and we'll go up against crooked employers to create a basic standard for working conditions and ensure that every farmworker has as minimal potential exposure to COVID as possible.

The Rio Grande Valley, being the breadbasket of Texas and a major agricultural hub, is also on the front lines of devastating climate change. While the beautiful Gulf of Mexico lies just east of here, extreme weather like hurricanes and floods could soon emanate from it and threaten McAllen's economy, while drought from the west would kill crops and leave thousands destitute. As Texans, we can't sit down and take this. Through promoting clean energy and disaster prevention, Texas Labor is committed to containing the impact of disastrous global warming, and the time to act is now. Our planet - and our collective survival - is at stake.

Before I head to Austin to wrap up this campaign with MP Oregon Blue Dog, I'd like to thank all our great volunteers. It's thanks to y'all that we have a fighting chance in this race. McAllen! Don't let failing to vote prevent our state from choosing a new, progressive path! Get out today and vote Labor!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #136 on: October 30, 2020, 10:02:00 PM »
« Edited: October 30, 2020, 10:23:18 PM by 86 45 »

Bastrop, Texas
COVID-19 protocol followed, speeches livestreamed on TX labor website as usual

Ayup, Bastrop!

I've heard a lot of insinuating that Labor doesn't care about rural communities, but that couldn't be further from the truth. If the politicians lobbing lazy, platitude-laden attacks at us would just read our platform, our commitment to the future of Texas's - and Atlasia's - rurals should be clear. Just look at our clean energy plan! Rurals are the backbone of transitioning Texas to green energy - by investing in wind power, solar power, nuclear power, and other clean energy, Texas Labor will bring good, well-paying jobs to rural Texas while also providing a clean, reliable source of power for small communities across it. And, we're committed to fixing the roads here in Texas, whether it's a main arterial in downtown Houston or a county road here in Bastrop. Don't believe the lies - believe the party with a plan!

I'm aware that the opposition has dangled the HSR bill as eye candy, using it to accuse Labor of not caring about rural communities. But really, it's the opposite. The HSR they propose to build will balloon the deficit, and if two Texans put their hands together they could count the number of towns it serves on their collective fingers! It's insane! Instead, vote Labor - so this money'll go directly into causes like energy and local infrastructure that directly benefit actual people, not the billionaires and rich politicians who want to joyride trillion-dollar rail for fun. I hope to see y'all at the polling places soon - socially distanced, of course!

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #137 on: October 30, 2020, 10:05:55 PM »

Billings, Montana 1

Hello, Billings!

Like those in your neighbor to the south, included myself, outdoor recreation, hunting, and fishing are essential to the culture and the economy of this great state. Rather than sell our public lands to the highest bidder and privatize national forests, Montana needs a government that will cultivate our economy and growing population for whom it is essential to conserve as our way of life.

Here's what on the ballot this weekend, Billings. What's on the ballot is a choice between letting the polluters and big corporations control your land, or ensuring that it is the people who control the land of this great state from the Plains in the East to the Rocky Mountains and the aspens out West.

A Labor government will ensure that our ranchers and outdoor recreationists always have access to clean air and water, and a rich environment that is the cornerstone of the outdoor way of life. Labor will also ensure that, in such a geographically large state with a sparse population, healthcare and education are accessible to Montanans.

We'll fight for the security and the prosperity of all people, especially our Native population, just as Labor has done in Denver and in Nyman.

I'm making a promise to you today, Billings, that under a Labor government, Montanans will have quick and convenient access to all the cities throughout the state, from Billings to Helena to Missoula to Butte to Livingston, and everywhere else in between.

I'm making a promise, Billings, that under a Labor government, Montana will witness an energy revolution not seen in this state before; through solar, wind, and nuclear technology, Labor will build on our blueprint to energy independence and a renewable energy sector that creates jobs for the people.

I believe that a great path is in store for this state. But in order for us to get there, you gotta vote. Vote this weekend for a government that will put your interests first. Vote for proven leadership. Keep Montana red and keep Montana thriving in the days ahead!

1. https://www.tripsavvy.com/fun-things-to-do-in-billings-1608474
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: October 30, 2020, 10:22:19 PM »

Round Rock, Texas
In the final hours before polls closed, MP OBD called voters for GOTV and distributed postcards with voting instructions to houses, respecting COVID-19 safety protocol
COVID 19 regulation followed, livestreamed on TX Labor website

Greetings, Round Rock! Thanks for comin' out!

Here in the suburbs, there's change in the air - or more precisely, a desire FOR change. With many Texans still mired in poverty and climate change rapidly spiraling out of control, people here are waking up and realizing - "Hey, we need to fix things!". And with energetic candidates and a detailed policy vision, Labor is just the party you should vote for to bring about the transformative changes that will lead Texas to a bright future.

Of all the parties on the ballot, Labor has the most detailed vision for how Texas will be powered once the oil wells run dry. We'll invest in solar, wind, nuclear and more - bringing energy to millions of homes and reinvigorating the economies of rural Texan counties with new jobs and opportunity.

Of all the parties on the ballot, Labor has the most detailed vision for how immigrant Texans can be rewarded for their hard work with the ultimate prize - citizenship. A Labor government will work with Nyman to create an easier path to citizenship - this state was built on the blood, sweat, and tears of immigrant laborers, and it's past time we gave them the respect they deserve.

Of all the parties on the ballot, Labor has the most detailed vision for the future of Texan infrastructure. We'll build three new Interstate highways that will link West and Central Texas better to the remainder of the state while creating international trade corridors. And, we'll invest in local infrastructure instead of pork-barrel rail - fixing the roads and improving public transport networks both in the city and in the country.

Of all the parties on the ballot, Labor is the most committed to fighting for the marginalized. Whether it's the African-American unjustly imprisoned in Dallas or the closeted gay man in Amarillo afraid to love who he wants to, Labor will fight to ensure that every Texan, no matter their skin color, education, wealth, or sexual identity, will have equal opportunity for success in life. Historically, the Left has always fought against reactionary forces for these rights, and y'all can always trust us to continue doing so.

So there you have it. As I've said since the start of this campaign, Texas has a choice to make. Stick with the Jim Crow conservatives ruling Texas from their mansions, or choose a better, more inclusive path. But you can't help make this decision by sitting on your couch! Whether it's with a mail-in ballot or at the polling station, get out and VOTE today! The future of this great state depends on it!

Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #139 on: October 30, 2020, 10:30:12 PM »

San Francisco, CA
Drive-Up Rally near AT&T Park

Photo by Maxinux40k via Creative Commons

Hello, San Francisco! It's great to be here talking to all you lovely people. Great stuff. You know, I spent a couple years here in the 60's. Lived in a loft on the Haight. Six men, six women. Living free, loving free, growing our own, uh, food. Best time of my life, I'll tell ya. Wish I could go back.

I'm coming to you today because Labor needs your help. We won big last weekend, but we can't get complacent -- the race here is very, very tight. Couldn't be tighter. Seriously. We have momentum, but it's going to take every single vote to pull this thing off.

Labor has passed legislation to lower your rents. We've worked tirelessly to shut down the pandemic and get our lives back. And once MB and I take office, we're going to do even more. We can't wait. But I'll tell you something, I'll tell you this -- we can't do it all. We need partners in San Francisco who will work with us to get Atlasia, get San Fran, get it back on track. We need it.

Your local budget, your street repavements and homeless shelters and firefighters? That's on the ballot. Your clean air and water is on the ballot. Your rent is on the ballot. Vote like it. Tell your friends, your neighbors, family to vote like it.

Peace. Thanks.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #140 on: October 30, 2020, 10:48:04 PM »

East Austin, Texas
socially-distanced speech, livestreamed on TX Labor website

As our campaign draws to a close, I think it's appropriate that I say a few words as to why I'm so committed to electing a Labor government here in Texas.

We've seen it in the past - an active government that works with and for the people has been the motivator of needed change in this state and country. If it wasn't for the vigorous action of President Franklin Delano Roosevelt, the Great Depression would have lasted far longer, and Nazi Germany might have won World War II. If it wasn't for the heroic protesters that were teargassed and hosed by the police every day, and the Lyndon B. Johnson Administration that worked day and night to pass a comprehensive civil rights bill, the fundamental problems of inequality in this country would be far worse than they are today. And it's with that spirit that Labor candidates are running across Texas today. It's 2020 - from the COVID crisis to the imminent threat of climate change to the continued issue of racial inequality and discrimination against LGBTQ+ folks, we have as many challenges as these presidents faced during their tenures. And therein lies the reason as to why we fight - we, the people, must elect a government that has what it takes to strongly respond to these problems, and show that Texan grit and hard work can overcome even the greatest adversity. The nation, and the world, are watching, and the timer is ticking down.

I hope y'all will forgive me for digressing a bit from my planned speech. But if you sit out this election, you might not be able to forgive yourself if the result isn't what you wanted. So get out and vote! Whether it's by mail or at a polling station, voting is the best way to make your voice heard! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to visit votetexas.org!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #141 on: October 30, 2020, 10:48:56 PM »

Austin, Texas
Governor TimTurner and MFP Oregon Blue Dog worked together on some phonebanking in Austin, before making speeches at the final closing event.

a local jazz band finishes playing an original song. The virtual event then shifts to Governor TimTurner and MFP Oregon Blue Dog standing socially-distanced on a stage, with socially-distanced Labor volunteers in the crowd

TT: Hello, Austin! It's great to be back in the state I love.

I'm so damn proud of everyone here. We started from so far down, yet volunteers like y'all have made this into a race for the ages. Here in Austin, we've believed in the progressive values that have guided this Labor campaign long before it was cool! And when we elect a Labor Governor and a Labor legislature to the State Capitol, we'll use these values to legislate a brighter future for this great state! We'll build better roads, invest in rural communities with clean energy, and continue to advocate for marginalized communities across the state. The fight doesn't end once all the ballots are counted!

OBD: As I've traveled this state, I've learned so much more about how dedicated, hardworking, and kind Texans are - whether they be from the Panhandle, where we kicked off this campaign, or from here in Austin, where we're closing it tonight. And I've learned that despite coming from different backgrounds and working drastically different jobs, they all have one thing in common - a desire for a better government, one that cares for them. Over the history of this great nation and state, a headstrong government committed to creating a better future allied with a motivated, engaged populace has been one of the most potent bringers of positive change. This can be summed up with words from President Lincoln - the government of the people, by the people, and for the people cannot be allowed to perish from this Earth. And that's why we're here in Texas tonight - to ensure that a government - a Labor government - that lives by these fine words will win the elections here tonight. It's been a long, tiring, campaign cycle - but no matter what happens, y'all should be proud of the effort and dedication you put to this cause. So cheers! Echoing my good friend Governor TimTurner, I'm couldn't be more proud of y'all. Now let's win this election!

Band begins playing "Don't Stop Believing" as Governor TimTurner and MFP Oregon Blue Dog walk off the stage
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #142 on: October 30, 2020, 10:55:36 PM »

OBD statements to local news after closing event

Wow!

It's been one hell of a campaign. Long hours driving from town to town. But I'm happy with how we did - we've talked to thousands of voters, and we think we've gotten our point across. Our policy platform was solid, and the volunteers I had the privilege to work with were amazing. They really do make things bigger and better in Texas, and I'm glad that I could play a small role in helping to turn this state onto a better future path..

Before I collapse in my hotel room from exhaustion, though, I'd like to say some last words. To everyone who campaigned here in Texas - thank you. I enjoyed working with you and/or debating with you (albeit from hundreds of miles away!) on the campaign trail. TimTurner, Scott, Sev, Koopa, West_Midlander, and so may others - it's been a fun dance. Thanks for a great time.

Now, there's still a little time if you haven't voted yet. If that's true for you, get out to a polling station! It's not too late to cast a vote for Labor's pro-people, pro-Texas policy.

And once again, to the people of this great state, thank you. I won't forget my time down here. See y'all soon!

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #143 on: October 30, 2020, 10:58:05 PM »

Presidential visit to Houston, TX

Labor is the responsible governing party for our entire nation, and we have the plan to make Texas even stronger. A Labor state government will enable Texas to build back better from Covid-19. We will invest in our vital public services, so that all Texans have the chance to get ahead. Texas under conservative governments has lagged behind the rest of the nation, we will change that and invest in schools so that we can unleash the full potential of this great state. Labor will improve infrastructure, healthcare and we will address systemic disadvantage in our society too such as bias in the criminal justice system. We will also enable Texas to be leaders on climate change action by investing in renewable energy. We can afford progressive government, and we have a fully costed plan with a manageable tax increase on the top 1%. What we can't afford is inaction and stagnation that a conservative Federalist government will bring. You have seen the results that Labor has delivered on federally. It's time to stick with proven leadership. This election is close, every vote counts, so get out and vote Labor.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #144 on: November 07, 2020, 11:29:35 PM »

Austin, Texas

THANK YOU, TEXAS!

Y'all have shocked the world tonight! Just two weeks ago, all the polls and pundits were writing off our campaign as a noble effort that was doomed to failure. But just hours ago, Texans sent a clear message - the status quo is not good enough! (*cheers*)

I'm so damn proud of what we've all achieved together. This victory would not have been possible without the thousands of dedicated volunteers that poured hours and hours into this campaign, working to bring our message to voters from Amarillo to Port Arthur. This victory would not have been possible without our amazing candidates, who will bring the same energy they had on the campaign trail to the Capitol in Austin. And, most of all, this victory would not have been possible with YOU - the voters! Early figures indicate record turnout and voter engagement here in the Lone Star State - and it's because of this that we came from behind and stunned the nation. (*cheers*)

We've laid out an aggressive, ambitious plan for Texas, and I'm confident that the Laborites y'all elected to the House, Senate, and the Governor's Mansion (*cheers*) will take the lead and get work done for this great state. They'll work across the aisle with the other parties in Austin, and they'll never stop listening to you, their constituents. The future is bright. And before I go, I'd once again like to say - THANK YOU!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #145 on: November 08, 2020, 04:15:07 AM »

Obligatory:

Thank you, TEXAS! Special accolades to Oregon Blue Dog and others for turning Texas maroon!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #146 on: November 08, 2020, 04:17:37 AM »

OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #147 on: November 08, 2020, 02:08:15 PM »

This is the NPC map for November (additionally, there are legislative elections in Fremont's Northern Marianas, and a mayoral election in Lincoln's Chicago). All states are colored dark red, as a preview to what the future will hold.

Campaigning opens on the 9th. Happy trails!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #148 on: November 11, 2020, 12:20:05 AM »

Honolulu, Hawai'i
socially-distanced event, livestreamed on HI Labor website

Aloha, Honolulu!

Some of the most beautiful coastline in the world is here in Hawai'i, and despite a global pandemic these picturesque beaches were still open for the enjoyment of all (with social distancing, of course!). However, if we allow alarming trends in the climate to continue, this may not be true for much longer. Hawai'i is already on the frontlines of the climate crisis - sea level rise, global warming, and increasingly intense extreme weather events will soon threatening y'all's way of life. I'm proud to say that we in Fremont's Parliament, all the way in Denver, have done our part - passing comprehensive green legislation to fund clean energy projects. And I'm proud to endorse your Labor candidates for state government - they're committed to saving this beautiful, unique chain of islands from the existential threat of climate change, and I believe they will take action here at the State Capitol to make Hawai'i a leader in this critical fight.

The science has never been more clear - in as little as seven years, irreversible damage will be done to our ecosystems. Hawai'i - the time to act is now - vote Labor to send a message that a lax response to this century's great crisis will not be tolerated!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #149 on: November 11, 2020, 12:37:50 AM »

Lahaina, Hawai'i
socially-distanced event, livestreamed on HI Labor website

Greetings, Lahaina! It's great to be south for the winter.

Both in Lahaina and Hawai'i, tourism is big. From suntanning and surfing in summer to whale watching in winter, Maui always has something to offer visitors. That's why the coronavirus has hit especially hard here, and we in Labor hear your struggles. That's why we're working every day to improve and fine-tune our coronavirus response - thanks to decisive action by former President Pericles and the Labor Congress early on, we were able to spare ourselves from the worst of this virus, and their detailed outline on when - and how - local communities can reopen has provided us a guidemap for recovering from COVID. A Labor government here in Hawai'i will work with Denver and Nyman to ensure the safety of the Hawai'ian people, paving the way to a safe reopening as soon as possible. It's crucial that we keep wearing masks and socially distancing - so keep up the good work!

I'm also here today to talk about another core plank of Hawai'i Labor's platform - conservationism. This state is home to diverse wildlife and verdant landscape, and it's important that we preserve these natural beauties for future generations to enjoy. A Labor government in Honolulu will be staunch advocates for Hawai'ian lands. By funding forest services and supporting climate initiatives, they'll ensure that this state's beautiful landscape - which also attracts thousands of tourists each year - will remain pristine.

Thanks y'all for having me today. Remember to mask up and stay safe. Aloha!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies