Labor NPC Campaigns thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:47:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor NPC Campaigns thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 25
Author Topic: Labor NPC Campaigns thread  (Read 25236 times)
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2020, 08:55:52 AM »

Radio Ad "Pre-Existing Conditions" to air in TX

Person #1: I have a pre-existing condition

Person#2: I have a pre-existing condition

Person#3: I have a pre-existing condition

Person #4: I have a pre-existing condition

All 4 people: And so do 4.5 million other Texans

Person#3: Without Medicaid, I wouldn't be able to afford my health care

Person #2: And those other 4.5 million Texans couldn't either

Person #1: So when I realized that the Federalists in Austin wanted to cut Medicaid.

Person #4: I realized that we couldn't trust the Federalists to fight for us

All 4 people: We just can't trust the Federalists to protect our healthcare

Vote Red PAC paid for and is responsible for the content of this ad

[Meta:] Looks like someone used the find and replace function on a Democratic ad replacing Republicans with Federalists Tongue
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #101 on: October 17, 2020, 09:40:53 AM »

Person #1: So when I realized that the Federalists in Austin wanted to cut Medicaid.

[Meta:] Looks like someone used the find and replace function on a Democratic ad replacing Republicans with Federalists Tongue

Texas produced Jonathan Stickland and Dan Patrick, their right wing is well to the right of the national Federalist Party.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2020, 09:45:19 AM »

Texas produced Jonathan Stickland and Dan Patrick, their right wing is well to the right of the national Federalist Party.
But why are you talking about Medicaid when we have Atlascare.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #103 on: October 17, 2020, 12:02:09 PM »

But why are you talking about Medicaid when we have Atlascare.
Hey, uhh, can you guys get out of our campaign thread? There should be a commentary thread for this.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #104 on: October 19, 2020, 09:35:45 PM »

Rep. SevenEleven campaigns at a rally in San Antonio, TX

Good evening San Antonio! I'm so glad to be here. Thanks for waiting, I must say. You know, they always told me everything is bigger in Texas and I should've thought of that before planning this trip, but hey, we pulled it off. I landed in Dallas this morning, went to Houston, had a blast in Austin, and now I've made it here and I'm absolutely thrilled.

On the way down here from Austin I happened to hear a radio man say something that struck me. He said "Texas is changing. Real Texans are losing ground." Now, pardon me ya'll, but what kind of malarkey is that? Growing up, Texas was one of the places I always wanted to visit the most and to be able to come here and see and share so much of Texas and all the different cultures and industries here has been something to behold. Texas isn't changing, it's growing. People are starting to realize how much Texas has to offer and it's been a great blessing to see such a welcoming state...

I think I know what's changing in Texas, though. The government is changing when we elected a new Labor governor and a Labor majority! Folks, we've got to get out and vote! Labor is the only party working to rebuild Texan cities, fund new schools for a growing Texas, and welcome immigrants, who have added so much depth and character to create the Texas we know and love.

It goes without saying that the Federalists have gotten complacent. They take Texans for granted, but they're holding Texas back. A Labor government in Texas will have your back and lift you up. We won't sit by idly while rents increase and working families see less and less disposable income. We won't let overcrowded schools diminish the education that your children deserve, virtual or otherwise.

My friends, lets stand up and show the Federalists that Texans deserve better. Your vote matters! Tell your friends, tell your family, that change is indeed coming to Texas: Austin, Texas, that is!

Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #105 on: October 22, 2020, 10:22:35 PM »

Campaign Video from Representative FalterinArc's twitter feed
Hello! Election day is fast approaching and I just wanted to make this message to emphasize how important it is that you vote. And when you vote, vote all the way up and down the ballot for Labor candidates. We have an ambitious agenda we need to get passed and we need your help. First of all you need to make sure you are registered. Next you can vote by mail which is a completely safe option. You can also vote in person but be sure to wear a mask. Fill out your ballot, back and front. If we get a good turnout we'll be able to keep this progress going. Thank you.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2020, 06:46:43 PM »

Ad airing high-intensity in all Texas media markets

[Scene: Labor and Peace members Oregon Blue Dog and Koopa D. Quick stand next to each other in a white room. OBD is wearing a maroon mask and tie, while Koopa wears a purple mask and ensemble]

OBD: Hello, I'm Oregon Blue Dog on behalf of the Labor Party.

Koopa: And I'm Koopa on behalf of Peace. Our parties are competing in this state, and you should totally vote Peace.

OBD: No...you should vote Labor. Anyways, while we may be in opposition, there's one thing we can agree on:

Together: The Federalists just don't get Texas!

Koopa: They make broad, empty statements and attacks with no merit.

OBD: They want to solve our crime and opioid problems not with real solutions, but with more wrist-slapping.

Koopa: They want you to think something is good for Texas just because they slap the term “Main Street” before it.

OBD: And they mudsling against their opponents like no tomorrow.

Koopa: Whether you prefer Peace,

OBD: the Laborites,

Koopa: or anyone else,

OBD: the writing is on the wall.

Together: Reject the Feds on October 31st!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2020, 10:18:35 PM »

Dallas, Texas

Hey, everyone! Great to be back in the Lone Star state.

Today, I'm here to talk about the high-speed rail bill currently in Congress. As a Fremont MP, I've personally supported increased local access to proposed high-speed rail lines - I've fought for local communities to have access points to already-planned HSR plans, and Labor and I got a landmark transportation bill passed that funded these stations. That's why Labor and I are opposed to the DA amendments to the congressional HSR bill, which advocates for hundreds of miles of economically unviable rail while omitting major population centers and logical corridors.

When I read the bill, I was stunned to see that Dallas and San Antonio - two of Atlasia's most vibrant and economically strong cities - were left out, while 500 miles rail in rural Texas desert were somehow added in. Why would legislators committed to responsibly creating a profitable and accessible high-speed rail system support a trillion-dollar pork barrel project that serves half as many people as more efficient routes - like a Chicago-New York line and a line linking the three cities (and Austin!) of the Texas Triangle - that are half the distance long? Frankly, I'm baffled. And, thanks to the coronavirus crisis, we face a crippling deficit. Every representative knows this - yet, it's the DAers and the Federalists that are spearheading an effort to sink trillions into unprofitable, inefficient, and illogical rail projects that would be outcompeted by cheaper plane service. Who are they kidding?

For a state government that would advocate for fiscal responsibility in times of crisis - in addition to reasonable infrastructure solutions - vote Labor. Texas doesn't need a high-speed pork barrel rail that only serves a third of the state - we need high-quality, diverse, transportation corridors like Interstates 14, 27, and 69 that are accessible to ALL, not just the Wall Street bankrollers that want to burn OUR taxpayer money to get to ride in a fancy train from their suburban mansions to the Gulf Coast for fun. So get out and vote!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2020, 10:27:24 PM »

Radio Ad high-intensity in all TX media markets

Quote from: Flip Texas Red PAC
The Federalists claim to be the party of small government and Main Street. But have you seen their actions in Nyman lately? Federalist Rep. Jessica proposed a massive tax break for the top 1%, then voted for a bill that would sink trillions into an expensive, pork-barrel high-speed rail project that doesn't even serve 2 of our state's largest cities. If the Nyman Federalists had their way, regular people like you would be forced to foot the bill for their pet projects. Don't let this happen. Vote Labor for policies for, and by, the people.

OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2020, 12:34:29 PM »
« Edited: October 30, 2020, 02:08:06 PM by Oregon Blue Dog »

Radio Ads airing high-intensity in all TX Media Markets

From the high plains to the Gulf Coast, Texans have a choice to make. More of the same failed conservative policies, or a new, progressive outlook that ensures that every Texan has access to a basic standard of life, a modern infrastructure system, clean energy, and a clean environment. Vote Labor for a better, kinder Texas!

Person 1: My mother died of coronavirus in June, and I'm afraid that loosening restrictions will put my children at risk too.

Person 2: My husband has been in jail since 2014 for a false drug charge he couldn't afford a lawyer to challenge, and now I can barely feed my family.

Person 3: My house was destroyed in a winter flood, and the insurance gave us just barely enough to continue living. I'm scared that if another flood comes, my family'll be left on the streets.

Person 4: My town's roads are in terrible condition, and I'm skeptical that the politicians in Austin even care about us out here.

Narrator: Texas, it's clear. We need legislators who care for the people, not legislators who waste valuable taxpayer money on pork barrel pet projects. Vote Labor for a government that will fight for you, not for Wall Street.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: October 29, 2020, 04:20:23 PM »

Victoria, TX

Hello, Victoria! Great to be here today.

Rail is good. Many small town residents rely on rail connections to commute or travel. However, too much of a good thing - or should I say, too much cost for a good thing - can make it an incredibly unwise investment. I'm talking, of course, about the DA/Federalist amendments to the High Speed Rail bill. When I read the bill, I was shocked to see our elected representatives advocate for a trilion-dollar rail line that stops in less than 20 cities despite having a massive COVID-induced deficit. It's absolutely insane! You know - and Labor knows - that high-speed rail is not a one-size-fits-all solution. It's incredibly effective for transportation between densely-populated metropolitan areas, but it's a waste of money in other places, like here in small-town Texas. Common folks won't be able to afford the steep ticket prices (induced by the astronomical construction costs), and only folks in San Antonio, Austin, Houston, and Nacogdoches will have access to it! Hell, the destination list is so limited that even Texans there wouldn't want to take it! It should be clear what a waste of taxpayer money this is, especially when megalopolises like Dallas-Fort Worth to small towns like Victoria can't even benefit. C'mon!

Labor, on the other hand, is committed to accessible infrastructure for all. The Texas Labor infrastructure plan will fund road repairs, and three new interstate corridors across Texas. Under our plan, Victoria will become a linchpin of the new I-69 corridor, which will be a lucrative new trade route linking Mexico, Texas, and Canada. And the best part is, people like you won't need to pay $60 to ride - I mean drive - it. We've also got plans to transition Texas to clean energy by investing in small-town rural renewable energy solutions - and to me, this seems like a better investment than sinking billions into an expensive, inaccessible rail that might not even turn a profit.

Thank you, Victoria! Vote Labor for smart, responsible, and most importantly, people-motivated policy!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: October 29, 2020, 04:39:31 PM »

TV/Radio Ad airing high-intensity in East Texas, Houston, Dallas, Rio Grande Valley, San Antonio, and Austin media markets

Person 1: I'm from Nacogdoches. Every day, I drive on the same old bumpy, pot-holed roads to get to my job, and I wonder why they haven't been re-paved yet.

Person 2: I'm from Spring. Every week, I spend hours driving up and down I-45 to get to my job in Houston because light rail doesn't come out here.

Person 3: I'm from Austin. I'm scared that when the oil here in Texas runs out, that none of the homes here will have power. My family's already struggling to pay the energy bills.

Person 4: I'm from San Antonio. I teach at a school across town, and I wish public transportation here was better so I wouldn't have to pay a huge chunk of my salary for car insurance.

All People: We deserve better. Texas deserves better.

Narrator: The Democratic Alliance and the Federalists would rather build a trillion-dollar, pork-barrel high-speed rail than actually invest in local infrastructure and clean, cheap energy. Actual people in Texas won't benefit from it at all.

Person 1: Pork-barrel rail won't fix the roads.

Person 2 and Person 4: Pork-barrel rail won't improve local public transportation that people actually want.

Person 3: Pork-barrel rail won't make energy cleaner or cheaper.

Narrator: That's why Labor doesn't believe in pork-barrel rail. Labor believes in actually investing in communities in a way that matters - whether it's building a new wind power plant in a rural community, fixing the roads in small towns across Texas, or expanding public transportation in our state's great cities.

All People: Vote Labor, for a government that actually cares!
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #112 on: October 29, 2020, 05:33:11 PM »

Good evening, my friends! What a lovely time to be here in San Francisco. And what a time it is! There's a lot at stake right now. We have Liberals and the Democratic Alliance pretending to be on your side. We have Federalists, pretending to know what they're doing. *Crowd laughs hysterically*

But at the end of the day, we can only rely on those we trust. Labor has kept us safe. Labor has kept us healthy. Labor has put us on the path to success. San Francisco, I call upon you to join me, and vote Labor, the ones who can get it done. For us!

*Massive applause*

You're Labor Mayor...
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #113 on: October 29, 2020, 06:40:45 PM »

Good evening, my friends! What a lovely time to be here in San Francisco. And what a time it is! There's a lot at stake right now. We have Liberals and the Democratic Alliance pretending to be on your side. We have Federalists, pretending to know what they're doing. *Crowd laughs hysterically*

But at the end of the day, we can only rely on those we trust. Labor has kept us safe. Labor has kept us healthy. Labor has put us on the path to success. San Francisco, I call upon you to join me, and vote Labor, the ones who can get it done. For us!

*Massive applause*

You're Labor Mayor...

Why did you vote for a liberal candidate?
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #114 on: October 29, 2020, 06:53:50 PM »

*Massive applause*

You're Labor Mayor...

Why did you vote for a liberal candidate?
Get. Out. Of. Our. Thread.

There's a commentary thread for this.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: October 30, 2020, 11:23:20 AM »

Weslaco, TX

MP Oregon Blue Dog visited farmworkers in the Rio Grande Valley, and helped GOTV operations in the RGV

Good morning, Weslaco!

The Labor Party is uniquely committed to protecting the rights of workers across Atlasia - in fact, it's in the name! Our party was built upon a proud tradition of unionism and a universal desire to better working conditions for all, and we still stand proudly by these values today. If folks like y'all can turn out and help elect a Labor government, one of our highest priorities will be standing with immigrant and working communities here in the Rio Grande Valley and across Texas!

We hope to do this in two ways. Firstly, 'illegal immigration' has been a racist dogwhistle on the right for years, and a Texas Labor government will work with Nyman to craft a new, straightforward, and humane path to citizenship. This state - and this county - was built on the labor of immigrants, and it should be easier for good, hardworking, immigrants to get to this county and earn their citizenship. Texas doesn't have the best record of helping, not hurting, minority communities - a Labor government would steadfastly work to change that.

Secondly, Labor will fight for better working conditions and wages for farmers. Here on the border, many immigrants - both legal and illegal - work long hours on farms in difficult conditions for little pay. A Labor government in Austin would fight to implement regulations to improve the condition of the work environment and ensure that all workers are compensated fairly. It's often been said that the struggle of the good people in the agricultural business here in the RGV is invisible to the rest of the nation - Labor will ensure that this will no longer be the case.

Before I go today, though, I'm happy to announce our cooperation with Vote Texas!, an independent group that aims to get every Texan to cast a ballot this October. The good volunteers at Vote Texas! are standing by and ready to provide every voter with the information they need to cast their mail-in ballot, and are willing in many cases to provide transportation to the polling stations should in-person services be needed (following all COVID-19 regulations, of course). If you need help with anything related to voting, don't hesitate to check out their website at votetexas.org or call the following toll-free number (note to Lumine: this is a placeholder): 1-800-XXXX-VOTE. Thanks for coming out today, remember to VOTE, and most importantly, STAY SAFE!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #116 on: October 30, 2020, 11:42:14 AM »
« Edited: October 30, 2020, 02:07:39 PM by Oregon Blue Dog »

Houston, TX

Hey hey, Houston! Glad to be back in Southeast Texas.

I'm here today to talk about public transit, an area where Houston, the fourth largest city in the United States, is behind the curve. The light rail system here lags behind those of smaller cities, and only a fraction of carless commuters can use it to get to and from work. It'd be a Labor government priority to invest in more, cleaner METRO service here in Houston - instead of sinking trillions into a pork barrel rail project that won't serve the working-class commuters that need cheap transport the most, we'll work to fully replace the city's buses with clean energy alternatives by 2035, and invest in better light rail connections for as many communities as possible. Through our energy plan, we'll also ensure that Houston's energy grid is no longer dependent on fast-depleting oil, and work with energy companies here to retool and improve Southeast Texas's renewable energy grid. Lastly, with worsening climate change, we'll create detailed, comprehensive plans for hurricane response - as the frequency of devastating hurricanes will only increase in the future, Texas needs more disaster preparedness plans.  

Another important policy Texas Labor enthusiastically supports is voting rights. Voting-by-mail, passed at a regional level, is a huge step towards making voting accessible and feasible for all, and by teaming up with Vote Texas!, we aim to make sure every Texan can get their voice heard. If you need help with anything related to voting, don't hesitate to check out their website at votetexas.org or call the following toll-free number (note to Lumine: this is a placeholder): 1-800-XXXX-VOTE - we only win if we all go vote, so get out and cast your ballot today! Thanks everyone for coming out, VOTE, and STAY SAFE!

off-camera, MP Oregon Blue Dog volunteered with Vote Texas! to answer calls with questions about voting, leave postcards at houses with voting instructions, while also helping to drive voters to the polls
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: October 30, 2020, 04:07:23 PM »

Sugar Land, Texas

Howdy, Sugar Land!

One of the best things about the Gulf Coast is the weather - it's nearly November, but it's still bright and sunny down here. People here can walk their dogs, play in the park, and generally enjoy the warm weather deep into November, and that's why communities like these are some of the fastest growing in the nation! But there's another benefit year-round sunlight brings - and that's a vast potential for solar power use.

Solar power is probably the simplest of the renewable energy sources - it's a potent source of power that can go right on your roof! There's barely any environmental concerns, and suburban households that have one can both avoid energy bills while contributing to a cleaner future for Texas and Atlasia - a huge boon for all sides. That's why promoting solar power is a key plank in Texas Labor's infrastructure plan - we'll commit to providing subsidies for people who wish to purchase solar panels for their homes, making it easier than ever before for individual households to reap the benefits of solar, while also investing in large-scale solar energy enterprise. To combat climate change and the coming nonrenewable resource shortfall, we need as much renewable energy as possible, and solar is a key cog in that plan. Let's protect our communities from the increased flooding, extreme weather, and warming that climate change will bring, and let's vote Labor to invest in solar and other forms of renewable energy!

Note: As usual, all COVID-19 social distancing and safety protocols were strictly followed at this speech, which was streamed live on TX Labor website.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #118 on: October 30, 2020, 04:25:32 PM »

College Station, Texas
Strict COVID-19 regulations in place, speech livestreamed on TX Labor Website

Greetings, College Station! Great to be back in a college town. I've enjoyed getting to speak with some of this state's brightest young minds today.

And on that note, I'd like to dive into the meat of today's conversation - college tuition costs. For too long, schools both public and private have locked out the poor and people of color with high tuition costs, effectively barring some qualified students from attending and forcing others to accumulate thousands of dollars in student loan debt. Our kids are our future, and it's sometimes stunning how little we provide for them to help achieve their dreams and make this world a better place. That's why a Labor government in Austin will take decisive action to reduce the cost of college - especially for students in need. We need to ensure that every Texan has a path to an inexpensive, quality college education, and we also need to ensure that these lifechanging opportunities are not denied or abridged due to the color of one's skin, as they have in the past. I know many of the people watching this afternoon have had firsthand experience with this struggle - so vote Labor this October so future college students won't have to!

I'd also like to quickly address infrastructure, specifically the I-14 corridor that Labor is championing. College Station, Bryan, and countless other Texas rural communities will almost certainly not be beneficiaries of pork-barrel HSR construction - which is why Labor is instead advocating for funds to be directed to better local and conventional infrastructure solutions! The Interstate 14 corridor will put Bryan and College Station on a lucrative new Southern transportation link, and will ease transportation concerns for students here serving part-time in the military (Fort Hood and the Gulf Coast strategic bases will be just a short freeway trip away). We'll also allocate funds to ensure that existing roads get paved - combined, these investments will be just a fraction of the cost of a 500-mile rail across West Texas desert, but'll have far more impact for far more Texans.

Before I leave today, though, I'd like to implore everyone watching to get out and vote. College students have long been one of the demographics with the lowest turnout, so it's up to y'all to change that by voting and making your voice heard! The state of Texas stands at a turning point - more of the same regressive conservative policies, or a progressive, people-oriented future that'll improve the quality of life for ALL Texas, not just those at the top! If you need assistance with anything related to voting, don't hesitate to contact the good people at Vote Texas!. Thanks y'all, remember to VOTE, and stay safe out there!

OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: October 30, 2020, 04:34:03 PM »

Cameron, TX
Strict COVID-19 regulations in place, speech livestreamed on TX Labor Website

Hey, Cameron!

For too long, legislators at the Texas Capitol - and in Nyman! - have ignored rural concerns. Your voices, at least to them, are too insignificant to listen to. Instead of investing in rural communities, politicians set aside your taxpayer money for pork barrel projects that don't actually help you. It's time y'all said - ENOUGH!

That's why Texas Labor representatives are here to listen to you, and fight for your interests. A Labor government here in Texas would make one of the largest rural investments in state history. We'll build new roads and upgrade existing ones, promoting lucrative new trade corridors that'll bring business and commerce back to small communities. We'll ensure that sane COVID-19 regulations tailored communities remain in place, to both ensure that COVID can't run wild on the farms and so an outbreak in Lubbock doesn't shut towns like Cameron down. And, we'll fund rural energy - the open plains of Texas have astronomically high potential for wind, solar, and nuclear power, and with a little investment rural Texas could soon provide power for the entire state, while also giving thousands of good, well-paying jobs for residents.

A brighter future for Texas is in sight - join us, and vote Labor for rural investment! Thanks for having me!
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2020, 07:11:33 PM »

Rep. SevenEleven campaigns in El Paso, TX.

For too long the Federalists have claimed to be the party of business, but what about your business? I'm here to today to tell you that by voting Labor, the El Paso economy will come back better than ever before! Unlike the Federalists, a Labor government will work to make it much easier to do business with our neighbors in Ciudad Juarez! And a better economy means better jobs!

My friends, we have a chance to bring an end up to a corrupt era in Austin and enact real change to improve of our lives. I need each and everyone you to vote, and with I present to you... *wild applause as gubernatorial candidate appears on stage"
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2020, 07:40:21 PM »

Excerpt from Montana for Labor event in Livingston

Credit-Wikimedia Commons
Hello Livingston!
It's great to be back here in the Last Best Place. Up here in the mountains we know what effective leadership looks like. We've seen it from our president and we've seen it from our First Minister and I can sure promise you that you'll get it with a Labor governor. They'll fight the virus, not the precautions.

Our public lands are important. We gotta protect them. You sure as hell aren't going to get that from a party that consistently opposes environmental regulation. We've got to keep this state beautiful, we can't let them drill that away. Now your Labor candidate for governor, ......
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2020, 07:42:49 PM »

Waco, Texas

Hello, Waco!

I'm here today to talk about coronavirus. While it's been over seven months since this virus first bared its teeth, Texans everywhere are still bearing the brunt of it, and while metropolises like Dallas and Houston have received the brunt of it, smaller towns are hurting too. There was a devastating outbreak at a food processing plant here in Waco, as irresponsible corporate bosses endangered the lives of thousands of workers and their families to keep their assembly lines running - and this scene was repeated across the state, region, and country. It's horrifying acts like these that motivate Labor to fight for workers's rights - just because someone's paid the minimum wage doesn't mean their life is less valuable than their CEO that's paid ten times as much. A Labor government in Texas would hold companies that recklessly expose their employees to COVID accountable.

A Labor government in Texas would also craft COVID policy in conjunction with Nashville and Nyman that's tailored to local communities. The situation on the ground here in Waco is wildly different than the situation in the Panhandle town of Wheeler, which is wildly different than the situation in West Houston. And our COVID policy should reflect that - through the alert levels system pushed by President Pericles, we can determine how reopened counties should be based on trusted statistics and science, not unfounded, uniform actions determined by politicians in a Nyman dark room. If folks like y'all elect a Labor government to Austin, we'll continue to listen to science, numbers, and most importantly, all Texan communites large and small, to protect Texas from the coronavirus and bring this crisis to a close.

Lastly, I'd like to once more emphasize how important it is to go out and vote. Voting is one of the best ways you can hold your government accountable and make your voice heard, and the choice in this election could not be more stark. Thanks y'all, remember to vote, and be well.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2020, 07:51:19 PM »

Excerpt from campaign event for a Labor legislative candidate in Havre
Howdy Havre!

I'm here today to talk to talk to you about rail. I'm sure you are familiar with it. Towns like Havre live and breath off Amtrak. Labor gets this. That's why Representative SevenEleven introduced legislation to construct a high speed rail system which would increase traffic all over our nation. It was an extremely efficient bill and I was proud to support it. But along come the DA and the Federalists. They propose all these lines that would have us wasting this money on building trains in the Texas desert! Here in Montana and Fremont we don't take that kind of BS.

And second of all, we've got the same congresswoman who is fighting for all this pork barrel spending, want to cut taxes for people making over 400 million dollars a year! Not a joke folks, not a joke. Do any of you think those wealthy elites up in New York City and Boston need a tax break? Hell no! But if you vote federalist, that's what you are getting.

Anyway, allow me to introduce your local Labor Candidate.....
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2020, 08:06:52 PM »

Garland, Texas
speech done with COVID-19 social distancing protocol, livestreamed on TX Labor website

Hey, everybody! Great to be here in Garland tonight.

As Texans across the state go to the polls, your state stands at a turning point. For years, Texas has been ruled by conservatives, and the results weren't pretty - hundreds of thousands of Texans were left behind, many of them just for the color of their skin, roads were left unmaintained and pothole-filled, and we haven't made nearly enough progress towards carbon-free energy than is necessary to face an existential threat to humanity. And, with a pandemic raging, it's become more important than ever that we listen to science instead of refusing to wear masks, dabbling in conspiracy theories and fake news - and who do you trust more to do that?

This election, Labor's presenting an alternative to this. Instead of trying to relitigate old culture war issues and challenging the right of Texans to decide what they want to do with their own bodies and who they want to marry, we'll start investing in our communities - from the largest megalopolis to the smallest rural town. Our infrastructure plan is perhaps the most comprehensive the state has seen in years - we'll fix the roads, construct new international economic corridors across the state, and upgrade Texas to a 21st-century energy grid by investing in renewable energy - and nuclear! We'll also tackle difficult social issues - we'll fight to remove discriminatory Jim Crow-era policy from the books, and we'll ensure that every Texan has an equal opportunity to succeed in life regardless of race or economic status. It'll be a difficult ride, though - which is why we need YOUR support! Together, we can make Texas a cleaner, kinder, and a better state, for all!

That's why your vote is more important than ever, and why we're teaming up with Vote Texas! to ensure that every Texan - from Austin to Amarillo, El Paso to Port Arthur - can have their voice heard. If you need help getting to a polling station or figuring out your mail-in ballot, volunteers are standing by to help. Just visit votetexas.org and you can get the help you need to vote. Don't waste this opportunity. Thanks again for having me tonight, and stay safe!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 25  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies